It might be a remake of Chinese drama Nothing but Thirty - as there were talks earlier in the year that JTBC acquired rights to the drama. Although kmedia articles havent mentioned this. So who knows. It was brought up when other people looked back. The one line synopsis is similar so it can be easily linked to that drama too. 

People were suggesting actors back then and one fan did bring up SYJ's name as a suggestion. Jeon Mi Do got casting/offer for the drama last month - JoyNews24 also posted the exclusive last month http://www.joynews24.com/view/1348572 (similar with SYJ's one) 

The original kmedia article for SYJ casting (before agency update)

http://www.joynews24.com/view/1358949

A fan got an autograph from SYJ - the day she was working last month.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe I’m one of the few that wasn’t shocked by the news?When I’m curious about actors’ relationship, I tend not to look at their interaction on screen because it’s acting. I focus more on their real

Hi everyone. Came here after watching CLOY and being blown away by SYJ's amazing acting!  She was so great at both the comedy (loved all the scenes with the North Koreans, the ajummas and the boys, as

SYJ is legendary for her acting skills and  beauty...she has so many awards for her acting it's crazy. very well deserved too. HB is a man and most drama viewers are female so he's more popular I

Production companies often leak script offers so that there is publicity about their project to get investors and advertisers. I realized that the description of SYJ's character in 39 is directed toward her type of script/story but also toward her current CF endorsements: a rich woman (brand name clothes) and dermatologist (skin care products and cosmetics).

if SYJ accept this role maybe the script about daily/problematic of women but I don't know about screenwriter cause not yet watching "encounter". 

I read the Nothing but Thirty summary,  i was going to try watching it but it didn't work because the episodes were too long :smiley:

Excited to see some potential casting news for SYJ at last!

Nothing but Thirty is on my list of dramas to watch as I've heard lots of good comments about it, and if SYJ takes on a Korean adaptation, I'll definitely be interested to see what they do with it.  Female centric/slice of life/themes of womanhood approaching a certain age milestone are all subjects that interest me. 

Nothing but Thirty was a big hit in Asia so I am guessing its potential adaptation is also a hot script in SK.  Haven't watched any of the writer/director's previous works but hopefully they will do this project justice.  I do like age appropriate casting and SYJ and the other actress would be a good fit for an adaptation looking at the age 40 milestone. 

I also like the fact that a potential series would be 12 episodes.  I find that Kdrama episodes can sometimes drag in terms of episode duration and the number of episodes, and some series would definitely benefit from shorter, sharper editing and storytelling.  SYJ has spoken of the stamina required to film a TV drama so perhaps the shorter number of episodes also appeals to her.

I thought SYJ's next project might be a film, but her criteria is probably whatever script appeals most to her.

I still hope Cross happens eventually as it seems like an interesting project, but if there are more delays, glad to see SYJ back at work before that.

When an article includes a comment from the agency that they are "positively reviewing", does it mean that an acceptance is likely?  Things can be lost in translation and weirdly translated into English.

Has SYJ ever played a doctor before?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Seriya said:

I also like the fact that a potential series would be 12 episodes.  I find that Kdrama episodes can sometimes drag in terms of episode duration and the number of episodes, and some series would definitely benefit from shorter, sharper editing and storytelling.  SYJ has spoken of the stamina required to film a TV drama so perhaps the shorter number of episodes also appeals to her.

Looking forward to seeing Yejin on the small screen again. I looked for "Nothing But Thirty" online and it is 43 episodes of 46 minutes each. I definitely won't be watching that. It does seem to be a similar concept to how Thirty-Nine is being described. 12 episodes will definitely be better for Yejin and for the audience.

I don't recall Yejin playing a doctor.

@SeriyaWhen an article includes a comment from the agency that they are "positively reviewing", does it mean that an acceptance is likely?

It is a polite way for an artist's agency to say "we have received an offer for a project." It does not mean the artist will likely accept it. Even if an artist likes the premise or initial script (a summary or 1-2 draft episodes if there is no pre-existing work like a novel), there are so many other factors involved before acceptance: film schedules, schedule conflicts, shooting locations, budget, salary, other actors/casting, required promotion, etc.

• Insightful 2

It’s so nice to hear a potential new drama for SYJ! While I liked she had a great rest and recovery after the brutal schedule and filming of CLOY, I’m ready to see her act again, and move, not just in print or commercials.

I hope this will be streamed on international platforms. 

After the massive success of CLOY, I’m sure the expectations on her are sky-high, so I hope that if she accepts this project, that it will be end up to be a good one. I like the fact that her co-lead will be another female actress, as SYJ has been outspoken in wanting to be in more female-centric projects in the future. 

• Like 2

Looks like Son Ye Jin filmed for both S/S for BAU by Bride and You then. They posted the latest (teaser) in instagram. They are posting summer collection on April 28. So more pics to come

We get SYJ in red again :)

On 4/18/2021 at 11:16 PM, slowpoked said:

It’s so nice to hear a potential new drama for SYJ! While I liked she had a great rest and recovery after the brutal schedule and filming of CLOY, I’m ready to see her act again, and move, not just in print or

commercials.

Ditto.  Hopefully she'll be feeling refreshed and reenergised after her extended break.  But whatever break she takes between projects, I'm confident she'll keep acting for a long time given her passion for it. 

I hope this will be streamed on international platforms. 

Yes.  Forgot this key point hehe.  So we can contribute to its viewership. :P  I think the impact and reach of CLOY exceeded SYJ and her team's expectations and being on Netflix was key to that, so hopefully there will be access on international platforms for her next projects.  It seems Netflix and other platforms are also investing in content produced locally in SK.

After the massive success of CLOY, I’m sure the expectations on her are sky-high, so I hope that if she accepts this project, that it will be end up to be a good one. I like the fact that her co-lead will be another female actress, as SYJ has been outspoken in wanting to be in more female-centric projects in the future. 

Expectations will be sky high and it'll be hard to please everyone, especially as I think SYJ tries to show us something different in each project.  I think her key consideration for any project will always start with a good script, a good story, a good character, so fingers crossed.  It would be nice to see her in a female-centric story.  Still hoping for a SYJ version of female roadtrip buddy movie some day, and a hard hitting drama on #me too. 

Something In The Rain is airing again in Japan :) (if you live in Japan)

"Pretty Sister Who Buys Me Well," starring Son Ye-jin and Jung Hae-in, will be broadcast on Japanese BS Nihon TV.

"Pretty Sister Who Buys Me Well" is a romance drama that aired on JTBC in 2018 about the love of her younger boyfriend and older girlfriend. Son Ye-jin and Jung Hae-in's natural romance made headlines and topped the list of dramas in the first half of 2018.

Son Ye-jin's popularity seems to have played a role in the Japanese terrestrial satellite broadcasting of "Pretty Sister Who Buys Me Food."

It will air daily at 11:30 a.m. starting May 7th on Nihon TV in Japan.

http://sports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=202104231045003&sec_id=540201&pt=nv

So many updates today !!

Lots of Bride and You pics from summer collection

more

Spoiler

* you can find it all in the twitter thread

more younglim

Spoiler

they had posted this article too early - got deleted after

• Love 1
On 4/28/2020 at 6:03 AM, Helena said:

Forbes Korea Names Top 40 Power Celebrities of 2020

[Based on 4 sectors: media, broadcast, income, SNS]

Source => [2020 POWER CELEBRITY] [ How are they chosen? | Power Celeb 40 (1) |  Power Celeb 40 (2) | Sector Top 10 | Film director Bong Joon-ho | Actor Kang Ha-neul ]

2020 KOREA POWER CELEBRITY
Rank / Name / Profession / Total Score / 2019 Rank (change)

Forbes Korea Names Top 40 Power Celebrities of 2021

[Based on 4 sectors: media exposure, SNS followers, broadcast, income]

Source => [2021 POWER CELEBRITY] [ How are they chosen? | Power Celeb 40 (1) | Power Celeb 40 (2) | Sector Top 10 | ]

D499A4AE-6BEA-4EE3-9635-FF17E24A3E55.jpg

2021 KOREA POWER CELEBRITY (40)
Rank / Name / Profession / Total Score / 2020 Rank (change)

1. BTS (boy band) — 550.9 [1(0)]
2. BLACKPINK (girl group) — 320.7 [3(+1)]
3. Ryu Hyun-jin (baseball pitcher) — 183.2 [2(-1)]
4. Son Heung-min (soccer player) — 172.1  [4(0)]
5. Lim Young-woong (trot singer) — 69.2 [new]
6. Kim Kwang-hyun (baseball pitcher) — 54.9 [new]
7. Yoo Jae-suk  (TV personality) — 53.3 [14(+7)]
8. Young Tak (trot singer) — 50.2 [new]
9. Jung Dong-won (child trot singer) — 50.0 [new]
10. Jang Yoon-jeong (trot singer) — 49.3 [15(+5)]
11. Lee Chan-won (trot singer) — 49.1 [new]
12. TWICE (girl group) — 40.4 [9(-3)]
13. IU (singer) — 40.1 [19(+6)]
14. Park Seo-joon (actor) — 38.2 [new]
15. Jang Min-ho (trot singer) — 36.9 [new]
16. Lee Min-ho (actor) — 34.0 [new]
17. Cha Eun-woo (singer) — 33.5 [new]
18. Baek Jong-won (TV personality) — 32.4 [16(-2)]
19. Na Tae-ju (singer) — 30.6 [new]
20. Kim Soo-hyun (actor) — 30.0 [new]
21. Hyun Bin (actor) — 29.5 [29(+7)]
22. Kim Ho-joong (trot singer) — 29.3 [new]
23. Suzy (actress) — 28.8 [new]
24. Kim So-yeon (actress) — 28.7 [new]
25. Joo Ji-hoon (actor) — 27.2 [31(+6)]
26. Kim Soo-chan (trot singer) — 27.1 [new]
27. Son Ye-jin (actress) — 26.5 [24(-3)]
28.  Park Jin-young (singer) — 26.1 [new]
29. Sung Si-kyung (singer) — 25.3 [new]
30. Lee Seung-gi (actor) — 25.2 [21(-9)]
31. Kim Seon-ho (actor) — 25.0 [new]
32. Pak Se-ri (TV personality) — 23.9 [new]
33. Lee Hyo-ri (singer) — 23.7 [new]
34. Kim Hee-ae (actress) — 23.6 [new]
35. Kim Yeon-koung (volleyball player) — 23.5 [new]
36. Bi (singer) — 23.1 [new]
37. Jo Jung-seok (actor) — 22.3 [new]
38. Na Hoon-a (trot singer) — 21.4 [singer]
39. Han So-hee (actress) — 20.8 [new]
40. Park Shin-hye (actress) — 20.0 [new]

5E6BF880-DF46-4D68-88A3-9F01428E42F4.jpg

Survey Period: March 2020 to end of February 2021
Forbes Korea narrowed down the list to 80 nominees by looking at search rankings provided by Kakao; excluding people currently involved in controversies. Then, the Top 40 people (in film, drama, entertainment, music, and sports) were chosen.

Criteria:
1. “Media”: frequency of mentions in news headlines

2. “Social Media”: statistics from celebrities’ official accounts (YouTube subscribers, followers on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Vlive)
3. “Broadcasts”: celebrity popularity among viewers based on drama/variety appearances, viewership ratings, MC roles

4. “Earnings”: money earned via films, TV broadcasts, advertisements, etc.

21539DD6-B84D-46A9-8787-5228A2D13E56.jpg

Media
1. Son Heung-min (soccer player)
2. BTS (boy band)
3. Ryu Hyun-jin (baseball pitcher)
4. Kim Kwang-hyun (baseball pitcher)
5. Kim Yeon-koung (volleyball player)
6. Lim Young-woong (trot singer)
7. Black Pink (girl group)
8. Na Hoon-a (trot singer)
9. Kim Ho-joong (trot singer)
10. Young Tak (trot singer)

SNS
1. Black Pink (60 million YouTube followers + 36 million Instagram followers. Individual members' accounts)
2. BTS (46 million YouTube + 40 million Instagram followers)
3. Twice (10 million YouTube + 17 million followers)
4. IU (singer)
5. Lee Min-ho (actor)
6. Cha Eun-woo (singer)
7. Park Seo-joon (actor)
8. Suzy (actress)
9. Yoona
10. Park Shin-hye (actress)

Broadcast 
1. Lim Young-woong (trot singer; Miss Trot, Ppongsoongah School, Romantic Call Center, Mr Trot)
2. Young Tak (trot singer)
3. Jung Dong-won (child trot singer)
4. Lee Chan-won (trot singer)
5. Jang Yoon-jeong (trot singer)
6. Jang Min-ho (trot singer)
7. Na Tae-ju (singer)
8. Kim Soo-chan (trot singer)
9. Kim So-yeon (actress)
10. Yoo Jae-suk  (TV personality)

Income
1. BTS (50 million dollar, about 60 billion won)
2. Black Pink (girl group)
3. Ryu Hyun-jin (baseball pitcher)
4. Son Heung-min (soccer player)
5. Kim Kwang-hyun (baseball pitcher)
6. Yoo Jae-suk  (TV personality)
7. Park Jin-young (singer)
8. Hyun Bin (actor)
9. Kim Soo-hyun (actor)
10. Lee Min-ho (actor)

First TV-CF on Air as interior brand 'Younglim', Son Ye-jin model

-Exclusive model actress Son Ye-jin and 'Younglim' brand's synergy expectations/ First TVCF On-Air SNS event to be held

"Younglim," a total interior company, said it will unveil its first TV-CF with its exclusive model "Son Ye-jin" from May 1.

The advertisement, which features elegant Son Ye-jin's charm and sensuous interior, begins with "It was better to hear 'Where did you do it?' rather than saying the interior was pretty." Often, if you really like the interior of your friend's house, you can sympathize with people who have done the interior by using the situation where you ask "Where did you do it?" rather than simply praising "Pretty."

As a brand specializing in total interior design, Younglim unveiled a variety of new products through the CF set, including △ Younglim Kitchen Stella Cota Series, △Younglim Bath Riverstone, △Younglim Prime Shashi Balcony Window Series, △Younglim Maruen Wooden Maruen Maru Maru Maruen , △Younglim Wall System Denver, and △Youngrim Open Dressroom. According to an official, "We planned this TVCF to match our products sensibly and sophisticatedly to create a space that anyone would have dreamed of at least once, and to reach more consumers while increasing the pride and value of consumers who chose 'Younglim'. "

In particular, Son Ye-jin, who has established herself as the best actor in name and reality as "Crash Landing on You," is considered to be the object of many women's envy and to be unique in her interior sense. Son Ye-jin, who is also related to Young-rim as an interior company of "Seris Choice" in "Crash Landing on You," has been showing various activities through photo shoots and radio advertisements since last year as Young-rim's exclusive model .

The brand said, "The synergy with the model seems to have been better expressed through TV-CF as the image of professional Son Ye-jin, who has both beauty and acting skills and always tries new works, can reach more customers in the soaring interior market."

"Younglim" is a brand such as "Younglim Molding Door," "Younglim Prime Shash," and "Younglim Kitchen Bath," and is considered the best in the industry among interior experts based on its B2B sales strategy and excellent product quality. Meanwhile, the ever-increasing demand for interior design began to explode due to the prolonged Covid-19, and Young-rim wanted to build consumer awareness of Young-rim through drama production support, indirect advertising, and product sponsorship.

'Younglim' will host 'TVCF On Air Certification Event' from April 29 to commemorate the brand's first TVCF. Anyone interested in "Younglim" can participate, and details can be found on "Younglim's official website.

https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202104290100237800015589&servicedate=20210428

website update

Spoiler

• Like 2

She returned to instagram. She left a comment on Song Yoon Ah's post. So made a bff headline hehe :) She also liked one of Lee Jung Hyun's recent post - It was flowers from Ko So Young :) (ljh and ksy also had bff headlines)

Son Ye-jin and Song Yoon-ah's peaceful updates, "I'm already sitting next to you ♥"

Actress Song Yoon-ah's peaceful daily life was answered by her best friend Son Ye-jin.

On the 3rd, Song Yun-ah posted a picture on her Instagram with a message saying, "What kind of day will be waiting for tomorrow...♥."

The released photo shows Song Yoon-ah looking at the sunset sky. It also contains a loving image of Song Yoon-ah, a mother who looks at her son's back as he walks toward the sea.

2021050401000223600012723.jpg

In particular, actress Son Ye-jin drew attention by commenting on Song Yoon-ah's article, which contains expectations for tomorrow while looking at the setting sun, saying, "I am already sitting next to my sister."

Meanwhile, Song Yoon-ah married actress Sol Kyung-gu in 2009 and has one son. She appeared in the drama 'Elegant Friends' last year.

https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202105040100022360001272&servicedate=20210503

if you loved hospital playlist or watched or just cursorily heard of it, join us for some laughs at the postcard event where we write funny postcards to characters in hospital playlist. :D re-watch starts tomorrow (wednesday)! 

re: @partyon, @Sleepy Owl 

The article stated Son Ye-jin drew attention by commenting on Song Yoon-ah's post which contained expectations for tomorrow while looking at the setting sun, saying, "I am already sitting next to my sister." I may be missing something in the translation meaning or her response. Is it a proverb? A good wish?