Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

LOL when I said soon.. I didn't realize it would be 4 hours later :lol:

An update:

[Exclusive] Son Ye-jin, Hollywood film'Cross' acting in April → September.. Why?

0002922588_001_20210105085431373.jpg?type=w430Original view

The filming of Son Ye-jin's Hollywood film'Cross' was postponed.
The filming of actor Son Ye-jin's Hollywood film 'Cross' was postponed.

According to the film industry on the 5th, Son Ye-jin originally planned to start filming 'Cross' in Korea from April. However, it is reported that the 'Cross' side recently requested to postpone the filming in September due to lack of preparation due to the aftermath of Corona 19 in Hollywood.

'Cross' is a film about people between a poor country and a rich country in a virtual multiracial future divided country. Director Andrew Nicole, who directed'The Host' and'Drone Wars', grabs a megaphone.

Director Andrew Nicole is known to have been inspired by the'cross' in Korea, the only divided country on the planet. So I made a plan to work with a Korean actor and sent a love call to Son Ye-jin.

Son Ye-jin was offered the role of Vera from a poor country living near the border. When her husband tries to escape and dies, he will play a strong woman raising a son alone. Son Ye-jin's counterpart is Sam Washington, well-known in Korea as'Avatar'. Ethan Hawk is also planning to appear in'Before Sunrise'. On the side of'Cross' last October, director Andrew Nicole, art director Philip Ivy, and producer Bradley Kramp visited Korea to meet Son Ye-jin and prepare for the shoot. 'Cross' received some investment from Korea and prepared the project as a joint film between Korea and the United States. 'Cross' that seemed to proceed smoothly afterwards Is reported to have met the Corona 19 Pandemic Reef. He asked Son Ye-jin to wait for shooting in September, saying that several preparations in Hollywood would take time.

As a result, Son Ye-jin faced a difficult situation. Son Ye-jin has been waiting for her next work after the tvN drama'Crash Landing of Love' in collaboration with Hyun Bin ended last February. So far, I have been considering several proposals.

In such a situation, if'Cross' is postponed to the September shooting, the work will not be able to be active for more than a year. There is no clear guarantee that production will start as planned in September. Director Andrew Nicole is said to have a strong will in the production of'Cross', but there is uncertainty as commercial film production does not go as directed by the director.

For this reason, Son Ye-jin is waiting for the production of'Cross' and is reviewing the next work with Korean works. Son Ye-jin is said to be carefully reviewing the proposed work.

Son Ye-jin has accumulated an acting career by participating in various projects such as China as well as Korean works. Interest is focused on whether Son Ye-jin's Hollywood work can be produced as planned.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

For this reason, Son Ye-jin is waiting for the production of'Cross' and is reviewing the next work with Korean works. Son Ye-jin is said to be carefully reviewing the proposed work.

if it is postponed to September, and she looking to review the script, I hope that for the movie, not the drama. but who knows she has another plan, wish the best for her

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@puan iryantie If she has known the potential of Cross being postpone in November/when both Ethan and Sam's other projects were being announced - then she would have been reading potential scripts already. They may have not known when it would be push too so the official announcement now. I just hope she really has known much longer and not found out recently. I don't think there is enough break between doing another project and if Cross is definitely filming in September. If ex. it is a short drama like Uhm Ji Won's Birthcare Center was, I can see her doing a drama now. Otherwise, if she is doing a movie before Cross, she would have to be filming soon since movie shoots are normally 4-6 months. 

I know SYJ won't drop Cross unless it is necessary. She stayed attached to do The Last Princess from 2012 and when it did film in November 2015. She normally drops a project if major script changes happen or something else.

I don't recall this old interview in the thread before. So I will post here:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

https://zapzee.net/2021/01/06/son-ye-jin-to-be-on-one-year-hiatus-as-her-hollywood-debut-film-cross-postponed-its-schedule/

Son Ye Jin to Be on One-Year Hiatus as Her Hollywood Debut Film ‘Cross’ Postponed Its Schedule

by krishkim

109010A9-E369-4E67-BDD4-648CD1D5DC88.jpg

Credit: MSTeam Entertainment

Son Ye Jin was also struck by the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Starnews reported on Jan 5 that Son Ye Jin’s Hollywood debut film Cross postponed its filming. Originally, the production was planned to begin in April, but the production team requested a delay in schedule till September with reasons including lack of preparation in the aftermath of the pandemic.

With this decision, Son Ye Jin was put in an awkward situation. After finishing Crash Landing On You in February last year, she chose Cross as her next project and waited keenly for the start of the production. And in the meantime, she is said to have declined various offers.

However, the delay in filming forced a year and a half long hiatus in her career. The director seems to have a strong will to produce the film, but considering that commercial film doesn’t always go as planned, there is no guarantee that filming will actually start in September.

Son Ye Jin is expected to review new projects, all the while waiting for the official start of the production for Cross. It is rumored that she is carefully re-reviewing the offers she received earlier.

Cross is a futuristic movie where a multiracial country gets split into two and tells the story of the people stuck between the two nations, where one side is poor and one side is wealthy. The movie, starring Sam Worthington, will be directed by Andrew Niccol, famous for his science-fiction movies such as In Time, Gattaca, and The Truman Show.

Meanwhile, Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin made headlines when the pair came forward with their relationship, becoming the first couple of 2021.

Source (1)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@ElectricHearts thank you for video but the full video unavailable.

I love that there were many SYJ interviews in the old days now there are English sub.

3 hours ago, Helena said:

Originally, the production was planned to begin in April, but the production team requested a delay in schedule till September with reasons including lack of preparation in the aftermath of the pandemic

Pandemic make unpredictable way.

I am pretty sure she has another plan. 

• Love 1

@puan iryantie  i only posted it for the clip in the twitter post. It looks like there was always issues with full version. I do like how more people are translating her old interviews. Some are still out there with no translations. So I can't watched fully. 

Definitely the covid situation makes it harder for filming as cases have been increasing too and were definitely getting higher when Cross team came to Korea. It's just once they came to Korea - the only Korean actor that left to be attached onto project was SYJ and sometime between Oct-November Ethan and Sam were taking on other projects. 

• Like 2

On 1/4/2021 at 9:01 PM, Seriya said:

@ElectricHearts& other SYJ fans, do you remember which interview was it where she said with the right man, she would show him everything (paraphrasing)? I'm sure she said something like that but I can't find that interview again. I think it was a video one from yt. It's bugging me!  Such a romantic, honest sentiment from her. 

i think SBS power fm interview back in 2013? 

• Like 2

Happy Birthday to our:

Son Ye Jin:

- Nation's First Love

- Melo Queen 

- RomCom Queen 

- Box Office Queen 

- Empress of Chungmuro

- Hallyu Queen 

- Binnie's Girlfriend 

Words can't express how much respect and admiration I have for this woman, not only for her beauty, but also her wit, her kindness, her talents, her intelligence, her passion, her wiseness, and the sincere love and appreciation she has for her fans. I've never felt more happy for YJ to be where she is today, for her success, and the love from her family/collegues/friends and of course, her Binnie.

I don't know what else to wish, but really hope to continue seeing her shine with her upcoming works and for her to soon have a wonderful family of her own. I'll forever support her until we're both old with wrinkles and grey hair. And until then I'll be damn sure that she'll still be as amazing as she is today.

May Son Ye Jin stays happy, healthy and gorgeous as always!

Spoiler

I hope it's ok to double post content as I already posted my wish to her in the BinJin couple thread. If not let me know and I'll delete this post. I just remember that Yejin has her own thread too

*the effect of being too invested in the BinJin thread*

*feeling guilty* :(( 

----

Yejin unnie on a liking spree again haha

• Like 2

On 1/7/2021 at 2:38 PM, complicated said:

i think SBS power fm interview back in 2013? 

Yes, I think this may be it but I can't find it again on yt.  Can anyone find it? I heard the SYJ quote again in some KoreanStars channel compilation video but I'm pretty sure I heard it originally in a filmed radio interview (SYJ wearing a light purple sweater?).  She says she's not very affectionate with her family and they are all the same way, maybe cause they are from Daegu, but with her boyfriend, with all the affection built up, she shows him everything. 

Very cool to see all the creative stuff for SYJ on her bday from Korean and international fans. Sure she's feeling all the love. 

• Like 1

So many gifts! I keep liking everything I see too :) Here's a brief summary

Also HB fan clubs were also sending gifts too and they also wish her happy birthday on The Space :) 

This is one of them:

And she even like a post from HB fan account of gifts for her

Spoiler

This 3 layer bday cake is very impressive

Spoiler

• Like 1

New update from MSTeam thanking fans for celebrating YJ's birthday.

Spoiler

*hiding this so it doesn't upset people in general...

I'd have to be honest and say that I wish they would invest more in the video making...Why you gotta be so low-cost with your videos MSTeam :cries:

• Like 1

@nclyI thought the video told a beautiful story but maybe I was the only one who saw it. They used old birthday pics of Son Ye Jin when they were first known as Tube Management. I can't remember when those birthday pics were.  Either Classic or AMTR time but probably Classic. The birthday ads cover her 20+ career. They end the video of the gift from her Thai Fans which always reminded me of SMART. Driving away together. Since they are probably doing one last CF for SMART. The last one of SYJ always seemed like an unfinished story. Plus we now know publicly they are a couple. So I don't know maybe that is why the fonts/style is like breaking news story since last few videos they made were fine. The videos were getting better. This video also has no spelling mistakes whereas the one they did for Jennyhouse had some spelling mistakes.

1 hour ago, ElectricHearts said:

@nclyI thought the video told a beautiful story but maybe I was the only one who saw it. They used old birthday pics of Son Ye Jin when they were first known as Tube Management. I can't remember when those birthday pics were.  Either Classic or AMTR time but probably Classic. The birthday ads cover her 20+ career. They end the video of the gift from her Thai Fans which always reminded me of SMART. Driving away together. Since they are probably doing one last CF for SMART. The last one of SYJ always seemed like an unfinished story. Plus we now know publicly they are a couple. So I don't know maybe that is why the fonts/style is like breaking news story since last few videos they made were fine. The videos were getting better. This video also has no spelling mistakes whereas the one they did for Jennyhouse had some spelling mistakes.

Oh don’t get me wrong, I have no problem with the photos and videos used. In fact, I think they are all superb and wonderful because they show fan gifts to YJ. 

My thought was more about the fonts used and the way the team put the video together, which I wished could have been more well-put together. However, it’s no big deal because MSTeam has always had a reputation for simply made videos and in the end it’s the thought that counts.

On 1/11/2021 at 10:00 AM, Seriya said:

Yes, I think this may be it but I can't find it again on yt.  Can anyone find it? I heard the SYJ quote again in some KoreanStars channel compilation video but I'm pretty sure I heard it originally in a filmed radio interview (SYJ wearing a light purple sweater?).  She says she's not very affectionate with her family and they are all the same way, maybe cause they are from Daegu, but with her boyfriend, with all the affection built up, she shows him everything. 

Very cool to see all the creative stuff for SYJ on her bday from Korean and international fans. Sure she's feeling all the love. 

Hi to all!

She said this during the interview on October 14, 2013 when she was featured on radio program on the SBS Power FM. She was on that program to promote the movie "Accomplice"

The beautiful flowers, cakes and presents that fan sent to her were priceless. She's so loved by many around the world. I'm so happy to know her through many of her wonderful works.

• Like 1