Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

4 hours ago, Intuition1 said:

The only movie I know she produced is The Last Princess. And I do not think she was asked to produce the movie, she saw a need and decided to invest in the movie to improve its production.

Yes she was not asked to invest. She voluntarily did it. What I meant is that during the promotion of The Last Princess, she was asked about becoming a producer and  said that she is thinking about it. 

I believe this is the article

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20160729002600315

• Like 3
  • Love 1

NEW: Manyo update

Article on Jinnie's place on the items seen in MITH episode from 2018 - Regardless, she has good taste in interior design /why she follows so many accounts on her instagram

What interior item Sohn Ye-jin chose from'Queen of Melo'?

Written by: Park Mihyeon  2020-09-28 16:31

Font size Small letters

Furniture & props hand-picked by master actors Son Ye-jin, Lee Jung-hyun, and Umji Won Um, who are striking the Korean film industry.

Products Nomon (www.nomon.es), Duxiana (www.duxiana.co.kr), Luming (www.rooming.co.kr), Moissonnier (www.moissonnier.com), Artemide (www.artemide) .com), Edra (www.edra.com), Hermes (.hermes.com), Kebe (www.kebe.dk), Classicon (www.classicon.com), Poscarini (www.foscarini.com) ), Fritz Hansen (www.fritzhansen.com), Polyform (www.poliform.it), Hastens (www.hastens.com), GLAS Italy (www.glasitalia.com)
202010_146_0.jpg
Son Ye-jin, the representative of the Republic of Korea, is called 'the people's first love'. Like a luxury actor, her home is full of world-renowned premium furniture such as Foscari, an Italian high-end lighting brand, Glass Italy, a specialized glass furniture brand, and Muassonier, a luxury classic furniture brand in France. By arranging bright flowers and works of art together, she completed a romantic house with her own cute girlish sensibility.

Spoiler

Body image

Egg chair designed by Denmark's leading furniture designer and architect Arne Jacobsen. About 16 million won, Fritz Hansen.

Spoiler

7066IN00EWJOW5URRB94.jpg

It is a large wall clock made of bent walnut trees, and the match between curves and straight lines presents an artistic formative beauty. 1 million won, Nomon.

Spoiler

Body image

A rectangular solid wood table with a minimalist design that goes well with any atmosphere. 10 million won, Fritz Hansen.

Spoiler

Body image

A coffee table made of crystal that glows subtly in iridescent light adds vitality to the space. 5 million won, GLAS Italy.

Spoiler

Body image

The pottery cabinet of Muassonier, a French luxury classic furniture brand with 132 years of tradition. It serves as an object that gives a point to the modern kitchen interior. About 14 million won, Muassonier.

Spoiler

Body image

A floor stand next to the living room sofa. The elongated curved design shows off an elegant appearance and presents a different charm between day and night. About 3 million won, Poscarini.

Spoiler

Body image

Edra's sofa, an Italian premium brand that adds cutting-edge technology to an artistic design. The armrest and backrest move and support the body comfortably according to the sitting position. About 30 million won, Edra.

Spoiler

Body image

The legs are made of transparent glass and the top plate is made of metal, and the elegant design reminds of a work of art. Depending on the size, from 5 million won, Classicon.

http://woman.chosun.com/mobile/news/view.asp?cate=C02&mcate=M1003&nNewsNumb=20200969926

(not sure why the images expand /not sure how to fix it lol - so I put it in the spoiler for now)

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Son Ye Jin was busy filming a new CF earlier for a new pharmacy brand . She shared it on her instagram. She looks so beautiful.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGJwpKVH2fS/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Also she saw The Wandering Chef - it opened in Korea on Oct 7 - I think she saw it the same day as Song Yoon Ah and Han Ji Min

The full video -> https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGJzfXEgYz9/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

"It was really touching and warm. Also, Im Jinho's food is a work of art, and it contains/captures life. This movie really shows how precious/important it is to have a meal together with your family, especially in times of difficulty now.“

- Definitely watch the documentary drama. It is on the chef who explores the Korean pennisula to find unique ingredients that have a special meaning to him to prepare for special meal , forming new friendship - I saw it last year. It's a beautiful film

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Yes, her latest Instagram post was for a new healthcare CF, with her caption "Thank you for making this wonderful scene."

By my count, this would be her 7th CF of this year which is very high for a Korean celebrity.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@welh11 I think it is the most she has done in a year? since covid is happening though, it is definitely the most safer option to choose right now. I noticed she usually never posts more CF stuff from filming /she started doing it more since June. This is the second time she dropped a hint what the new endorsement would be for. For Smart/motorcycle video - majority of us had picked up it was for SMART before she began filming it. This time she hashtag the brand. It is quite popular and the top one in the industry. Even Han So Hee is involved with one of their products based on their youtube

• Like 1

@puan iryantie I noticed so far a lot of Korean actors really love nature - it's their way to heal. Plus they love food. So yea this documentary is perfect for them :) I also love nature too and I understand as well. Plus the doc was visually stunning from how he plated the food too :) We know she loves to eat as well :) She did love to cook/was cooking more last month and was impressed by her cooking. 

new from vanav:

:please:

• Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 11:09 AM, puan iryantie said:

anyone know what kind of variety show SYJ was in? (other than Running man and Master In The House)

She was in Infinity Challenge: Cheerleading Squad Episode 383 -385. It was aired in 2014 during FIFA world cup. Another variety show was Happy Together. She did them in her early career (2002, 2003).

쟁반노래방 #6 [예쁜 애 옆에, 예쁜 애 옆에, 예쁜 애/이효리,손예진, 이은주 그리고 차태현

[책가방 토크 #14] 손예진, 귀여움에 섹시함까지?

쟁반노래방 #53 [자꾸만 틀린 말 하지만 괜찮아!]

• Like 3

She sold her property in Feb 2018 and bought new property in July!

[Exclusive] Son Ye-jin became the owner of the '16 billion' building in Sinsa-dong

12 billion won in loans... Cash invested about 4 billion won
gathered Plastic Surgery in Apgujeong neighborhood
rent January 45 million won level
, "23-year old building ... But it’s worth the investment”

0004759836_001_20201015110726992.jpg?type=w430Original view

[E-Daily Reporter Hwang Hyeon-gyu] Actor Son Ye-jin has become a 16 billion won building owner in Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul.

According to the real estate industry on the 15th, Son Ye-jin signed a contract for 16 billion won in the Sinsa-dong building on July 28 and paid the balance on September 22. Of these, about 12 billion won was bought for loans and the remaining 4 billion won for cash. Son Ye-jin purchased the building under a single name, not a joint name.

0004759836_002_20201015110727006.jpg?type=w430Original view

The building that Son Ye-jin bought has a land area of 428.70m2 with 2 basement levels and 6 floors above ground. The total floor area is 1567m2, and the trading price per 3.3m2 is 33.6 million won. Beauty brand stores such as cosmetics are located in this building, and there are plastic surgeons nearby, which is known as an area with a large floating population. Plastic surgery clinics are also located on the 3rd to 4th floors of this building.

The monthly rent for this building is estimated at 45 million won, and the deposit is estimated at 500 million won. Compared to the trading price, the annual rate of return is 3.5%. The building was built in 1998 and has not yet been remodeled. The floor area ratio is 238.06% and the building-to-land ratio is around 55.27%. Son Ye-jin's Shinsa-dong building is a type 2 general residential area with a floor area ratio of only 200%, but the industry was able to build a building with a higher floor area ratio since it was completed (1998) before the subdivision of the species was implemented (2003). Is the explanation. This building is not a corner building located on the side of the road, but a'interlocked building' located between buildings. However, there is an advantage in that the front part of the building is wide and it is excellent in space utilization. Oh Dong-hyup, CEO of One Building, said, "It's an old building, but the exterior is well maintained, so it's relatively neat, and the interior is also remodeled by the tenant," he said. .

Meanwhile, this is not the first time Yejin Son's building investment. Earlier, it invested in the Little Building in Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, and earned a market margin of 4 billion won. Son Ye-jin bought the Little Building in Mapo-gu for 9.35 billion won in 2015 and sold it back for 13.5 billion won in February 2018. In three years, it has left a market margin of 4.15 billion won. Son Ye-jin's Little Building in Mapo-gu was purchased by the developer and is now transformed into an officetel.

https://n.news.naver.com/mnews/article/018/0004759836?sid=101

• Like 5

@Intuition1You simply took the words out of my mouth!! I have the exact sentiments.

I cannot stress enough how amazing YJ is. She is not just as a widely respected award-winning actress, strong and accomplished. Her confidence, humour, wit and genuineness as a person is what I love most about her. She doesn't put on a show in front of the camera (during interviews/variety shows/IG). She is just living her life on her own conditions. What you see is what you get. Daebak!!

To me, she is one of the most empowering and inspirational women of all time.

• Like 1

@Intuition1I think so? Since with Parasite more buzz happened with Korean and Hollywood. SYJ is a big fan of both Song Kang Ho and Bong Joon Ho. She should work with both of them. I was hoping Ethan Hawke would be involved. I actually like him a lot and also a huge fan of Before Sunset series. I know she is a huge fan of the series too. She mentioned it during TN promo period. Hope it works out in the end. I assume it is still doing pre production and trying to get investors/distributors still. Both Sam and Ethan are busy working at the moment.

The article mentioned this:

A Korean production company working with an American production company said, "It is the first work that Hanmi jointly produces in Korea. With'The Cross', Korea’s unique content production method will shine and become a new bridgehead for the cultural Hallyu." 

The American production company is the director's and Bradley Cramp.

I have not seen any verified confirmation of any lead actors for The Cross. I would not think it is unusual since casting is usually done near the end of Hollywood pre-production. At best, it seems this project is at the creative design process: breaking down the preliminary script into storyboards/locations to get a more exact handle on production costs.  A local "fixer," is retained to scout locations, get information on work permits, local approvals, logistics, rents, site costs, etc. This information is needed to create a final working budget. Investors need to see this in order to assess the risk of funding production. (Even more so in this situation as this film is not attached to a major studio distributor). Many projects die at this point because the actual "cost" of filming exceeds the estimated original budget. If this is a 100% location shoot for 5 months, it will be expensive even for SK standards. Investors may not commit to what the producer/director wants. In the current pandemic, it would be prudent for any investor to figure out how any production is going to be distributed as that would have a major impact on ROI.

I also think money will be an issue. In recent years Hollywood studios have been constricting first time lead actor fees (Wonder Woman lead only received $300k) Even Korean agencies would not let their stars take a pay cut to do a "Hollywood" film (since future Hollywood Asian roles are few and far between).