Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Helena

Son Ye-Jin 손예진

It Seems Like Son Ye Jin And Hyun Bin Will Be Having Their Own *Mini-Love Story* In Smart's New Campaign

son-ye-jin-new-smart-endorser-1596448631

Yup, our fave K-drama couple from Crash Landing On You is *reuniting*! In June, Smart launched Hyun Bin as the brand's newest endorser, released Hyun Bin merch, and even confirmed that he will definitely be flying to the Philippines as soon as possible.

During a press conference today, August 3, Smart confirmed that Son Ye Jin is joining Hyun Bin as an endorser, this time for Smart Signature! Speculations about the project were all over the internet ever since Ye Jin posted a video of her getting on a motorcycle in the city, which mirrored Smart's video teasers

In a recorded interview with Smart, Son Ye Jin said that she wants to go back to the PH (she actually visited the country 10 years ago)! The Smart team says that Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin visiting the PH together is totally a possibility.

We're positive that there will also be an ad of Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin together, since the commercial hints that they are in the same location, with Ye Jin riding a motorcycle and Hyun Bin inside a car. She even ~glances back~ to look at the car's driver. That's one more thing to look forward to while we're waiting for them to visit us here! 

Crash Landing On You, which aired from 2019 to 2020, tells the story of a South Korean heiress named Yoon Se Ri (Son Ye Jin) who lands in North Korea after a paragliding accident. She meets a soldier, Captain Ri (Hyun Bin). who helps her get back home, and the two fall in love in the process. The drama became such a hit in the PH that people were even visiting filming locations and creating their own CLOY-inspired photoshoots

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/son-ye-jin-new-smart-endorser-a2520-20200803

--- 

More on her SMART contract:

With interview:

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 2

Really well done commercial - congrats to SYJ, her team and Smart!!!

I agree with everyone here who said her English is definitely much improved since CLOY. I was surprised she did the voiceover herself.

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 1

23 minutes ago, DedicatedSailor said:

She is super cute in that Zoom meeting! I wish we get to see more of her casual looks if/when she becomes active on IG again. Or a guesting on Um Jeewon’s vlog with the other Cinderellas would be great too 

Oh yes!! ME too!! Love her casual looks more than her "modelling" / "all-made-up" looks. Her natural beauty shines through effortlessly.

Recently I watched Uhm Ji Won's latest vlog where she spent time shopping and eating with Gong Hyo Jin and Han Ji Hye (who acted with YJ in Summer Scent). It was so interesting and fun to watch the ladies hanging out, doing normal everyday stuff. Saw some comments requesting her to get YJ to guest in her vlog too! 

Happy for YJ that she has this solid circle of girlfriends who will be there for her, supporting her always, come what may.

• Like 7

More from zoom chat

Will Son Ye-jin Be Coming to the Philippines Soon?

We just came off of an online press conference with Smart (where Ye-jin herself even made an online appearance!), and here are some things she shared and that we learned about the ‘Crash Landing on You’ star:

Her partnership involves a visit to the Philippines.

Her partnership with Smart actually involves a visit to the Philippines with three events. However, due to the pandemic, it is still uncertain when and if this will be happening. Another big question is whether she will be coming with Hyun Bin, her co-star in ‘Crash Landing on You’, who is also an endorser of the brand. “They might come together; they might not,” the brand teases. “Who knows? They might even fall in love here,” they say jokingly.

Shing Dimagiba, Luzon Marketing Head for Smart, says there are no immediate plans for now, though it is something we would definitely be excited to see. He points out that the Korean stars have jam-packed schedules all year round, as well, but they are definitely looking forward to their visit once our situation improves.

Ye-jin is very excited to meet her fans.

Did you know that Ye-jin has been to Palawan 10 years ago? As much as Smart wanted to bring her here to shoot the commercial, they said they had to take what they can get. Ye-jin herself said that she really wanted to come here to shoot it, as well, and meet the fans of the show who sent so many heartwarming messages on social media. “Still, I am happy I get to meet them this way,” Ye-jin says, adding that she hopes she will be able to visit soon and that she is grateful for the love and support of the Filipino fans.

Ye-jin is extremely humble.

When asked what kind of person Ye-jin is behind the scenes, she surprised us all by answering that there is nothing special about her. (I find that very hard to believe.) She explains that she is always in character in front of the camera and sticks to that character. “Behind the camera, however, I think I’m just ordinary,” she claims. “I’m the same person as you guys.” Uh… right… :p

When asked for tips on how to succeed in the business, she also very humbly answered that she isn’t sure if she has already succeeded. “However, young people who just started in their respective fields are going to be scared and experience hardships like I did. It helps to set a goal,” she suggests. “Even if the reality seems far from your goal, you need to imagine reaching that goal. That will help you get a step closer to your dreams.”

Ergh! We love her!!!

https://www.wheninmanila.com/will-son-ye-jin-be-coming-to-the-philippines-soon/

Two months ago, Smart wowed us with a Hyun Bin commercial; and yesterday, we speculated that Hyun Bin’s leading lady in ‘Crash Landing on You’, Son Ye-jin, might be Smart’s newest endorser. Well, it turns out we were totally right!

We just came off of an online press conference with the Philippine telco company (where Ye-jin herself even made an online appearance!), and here are some things we learned about her new action-packed commercial:

Here's another one:

https://www.wheninmanila.com/5-fun-facts-about-son-ye-jin-smart-commercial/

• Like 5

I still find it funny that SYJ "unexpectedly posted" a teaser of the CF on her IG, when by most accounts from Smart execs, they didn't expect her to, or that it was never implied that she can go do it. The Smart execs seem to be wanting to keep this under wraps as much as possible, but SYJ had other plans, I guess. :lol:Naughty girl! It reminds me of when she took the posters from the director onstage, when the stagehand was just about to give her her own posters.

I mean, I don't blame her - how many opportunities will she have making a CF that makes her ride a Ducati? She's probably too impatient to wait 2 more weeks to show it to the world. 

• LOL 6
  • Rickroll'D 1

Yea I thought that was funny  :lol: Since I remember going like, oh wow she is posting this video already from her shoot.. and then shortly after SMART followed on twitter. I remember going.. guess no one is holding back now :lol: We know a certain other team was keeping that news under wraps ;) hahaa Also I don't think that director posted his pics back up again from the CF shooting with her lol...

• LOL 2

SYJ will be doing a radio ad for YoungLim to be aired this August. You can see the article Here

I hope we hear news about movie projects soon! 

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1

Her ads are up in Phillipines now. You can find them here

Also her ads are up in China (video) here

China and Philippines are sure lucky right now! So much beautiful visuals :) 

• Like 4

I agree that SYJ's English has improved but her voice overs were done in post-production and not live.

I am glad she wants to improve her language skills especially for her international fans who want to interact with her. For the past decade, the Philippines has had a strong fan base. The potential for a fan meeting in Philippines is strong in the current articles.

Her Smart deal is a typical endorsement deal. For one year, a celebrity agrees to represent the brand in at least 4 "events" such as a CF commercial, a photoshoot, an interview or fan meeting. They are usually spaced out or released once a quarter.

With all her current endorsement deals, SYJ could be very busy until next spring.

• Like 4

I don't know how it's doing in other platforms, but on Smart's official Twitter, the CF now has 1.4M views

• Like 2

6 hours ago, slowpoked said:

I don't know how it's doing in other platforms, but on Smart's official Twitter, the CF now has 1.4M views

YT is stuck at 289,934 views. I've seen it go up, and then it comes back down again. Nice CF, and I can see Ye-Jin has been working on her English.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, welh11 said:

I agree that SYJ's English has improved but her voice overs were done in post-production and not live.

I am glad she wants to improve her language skills especially for her international fans who want to interact with her. For the past decade, the Philippines has had a strong fan base. The potential for a fan meeting in Philippines is strong in the current articles.

Her Smart deal is a typical endorsement deal. For one year, a celebrity agrees to represent the brand in at least 4 "events" such as a CF commercial, a photoshoot, an interview or fan meeting. They are usually spaced out or released once a quarter.

With all her current endorsement deals, SYJ could be very busy until next spring.

Only shows how professional she is. She asked for the copyboard & script two weeks before the taping. My friend works as one of Smart senior management members/ execs and I can assure you, HB and SYJ endorsement  deals with Smart are NOT "typical" endorsement deals in terms of how much they are paid and the strong possibility of a continuous brand collaboration. They are the first Korean "love team" in the Philippines that will most likely be in one CF together, and the first Korean actor and actress who have local television commercial ads (I don't remember Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye having tv ads for Bench, I only saw print ads).  I can't wait to see her in new movies and in Hollywood!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

Smart posted a “post-CF” vid of YJ after curating SM anticipation of the commercial:

Hoping to see more BTS soon!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SonBender said:

YT is stuck at 289,934 views. I've seen it go up, and then it comes back down again. Nice CF, and I can see Ye-Jin has been working on her English.

YT is weird with their views. It seems like it takes awhile for the numbers to reflect the actual data. Last night I saw it's at 530K.

Radio CF for YoungLim

_______

Interview for Saselomo

• Like 9
  • Love 2

YJ is sooo baby and cute here! :lol:

Radio CF for YoungLim:

YJ has a really soothing and alluring voice that I can listen to her nonstop even though I don't understand a single word she is saying!

Another baby YJ here. Love her!

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Is anyone curious about why they didn't use SYJ's likeness in the Smart commercial, when they used HB's in his CF? I was wondering if I missed some details in SYJ's commercial and that's why her likeness wasn't used.