Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Son Ye-jin's  pictures for  SASELOMO will appear in hundreds of city squares in China...

source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDdVQYhj083/?igshid=dt6cp1ksrr4s

More pictures and edits from/for SASELOMO

Spoiler

Some edited pictures can be found here: 

https://yej1nhand.tistory.com/131?category=776563

• Like 7
  • Wiggle 1

I agree that SYJ's English has improved but her voice overs were done in post-production and not live.

I am glad she wants to improve her language skills especially for her international fans who want to interact with her. For the past decade, the Philippines has had a strong fan base. The potential for a fan meeting in Philippines is strong in the current articles.

Her Smart deal is a typical endorsement deal. For one year, a celebrity agrees to represent the brand in at least 4 "events" such as a CF commercial, a photoshoot, an interview or fan meeting. They are usually spaced out or released once a quarter.

With all her current endorsement deals, SYJ could be very busy until next spring.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, slowpoked said:

I don't know how it's doing in other platforms, but on Smart's official Twitter, the CF now has 1.4M views

YT is stuck at 289,934 views. I've seen it go up, and then it comes back down again. Nice CF, and I can see Ye-Jin has been working on her English.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, welh11 said:

I agree that SYJ's English has improved but her voice overs were done in post-production and not live.

I am glad she wants to improve her language skills especially for her international fans who want to interact with her. For the past decade, the Philippines has had a strong fan base. The potential for a fan meeting in Philippines is strong in the current articles.

Her Smart deal is a typical endorsement deal. For one year, a celebrity agrees to represent the brand in at least 4 "events" such as a CF commercial, a photoshoot, an interview or fan meeting. They are usually spaced out or released once a quarter.

With all her current endorsement deals, SYJ could be very busy until next spring.

Only shows how professional she is. She asked for the copyboard & script two weeks before the taping. My friend works as one of Smart senior management members/ execs and I can assure you, HB and SYJ endorsement  deals with Smart are NOT "typical" endorsement deals in terms of how much they are paid and the strong possibility of a continuous brand collaboration. They are the first Korean "love team" in the Philippines that will most likely be in one CF together, and the first Korean actor and actress who have local television commercial ads (I don't remember Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye having tv ads for Bench, I only saw print ads).  I can't wait to see her in new movies and in Hollywood!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

16 hours ago, SonBender said:

YT is stuck at 289,934 views. I've seen it go up, and then it comes back down again. Nice CF, and I can see Ye-Jin has been working on her English.

YT is weird with their views. It seems like it takes awhile for the numbers to reflect the actual data. Last night I saw it's at 530K.

YJ is sooo baby and cute here! :lol:

Radio CF for YoungLim:

YJ has a really soothing and alluring voice that I can listen to her nonstop even though I don't understand a single word she is saying!

Another baby YJ here. Love her!

• Like 5
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, gloriousCh33se said:

Someone on twitter translated a short portion of The Classic movie open talk at Lotte Cinema World Tower in Nov. 15, 2017

I feel like a fake fan for only knowing now that it was SYJ herself who suggested playing both roles

I didn't know that either, although I just became a fan of Yejin this year. I've watched The Classic twice and it is great how easily she switches from the past to the present. She does it so well you forget that it is the same person playing both roles.

Spoiler

The twist at the end was a total surprise. If the mother had stayed with her first love, then the daughter's first love with Jihye would not have existed.

• Like 1

From a recent Spackman press release:

"Son Ye-jin's recent films include BE WITH YOU (2018), THE NEGOTIATION (2018) and THE LAST PRINCESS (2016), all of which were invested by the Group and/or Spackman Media Group."

Her agency's parent company has been a minority investor in her last three movie projects.

• Like 5
  • Shocked 1

Same! I wish I kept following her after I saw AMTR and Classic back in 2008/2009. It was just most of her movies weren't available to me in Canada or I didn't notice them. I wasn't watching kdramas back then. I was more watching movies/foreign films. None of her movies made it out to the festivals in the cities I was in.

• Like 1

I just watched AMTR again, which is in my top five Yejin films. This time I watched the director's cut which is longer at 2:24. It feels different than the cinema version although the overall story is the same.

Spoiler

When I saw the cinema version I did not realize Su-jin (SYJ) was having significant memory problems until she starts having trouble around the house. It was like the movie had two parts: 1) falling in love with Chul-soo and 2) the two of them dealing with Su-jin's increasing memory loss. In the director's cut, it is quite obvious from the first scene that the movie is about her memory loss.

Regardless, AMTR shows Yejin's ability to make a character come to life. Great acting by her costar Jung Woo-sung made for a great, albeit sad, story.

• Like 4
  • Love 1