Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

16 hours ago, AnnieCheesecake said:

Usually the actors say beforehand if they’ll gonna attend or not ? I’m already her fan like for seven years since that I’ve started watching dramas but until 2018 I never was able to watch the awards so I would be glad if someone could answer me this question :) thanks.

Her agency MSTeam updates her ‘official’ schedule on their homepage (it’s where fans find out what she’ll be doing - has a photo shoot, attends a movie VIP premiere, shooting a movie/drama/commercial, etc)

http://www.msteam.co.kr/hamil/Club/Schedule/ScheduleList.asp

For other celebrities, their agencies would post their schedules or news reports would mention the stars who confirm their attendance; it depends on the stars/agencies, sometimes we don’t even know until the actual event. Soompi used to be very active back then, we had an award thread created for every single event (year-end drama awards, major film awards or festivals); it was a lot of fun since many members would join in for pictures, discussions, live updates, etc.  Members would post findings on who would attend. 

21 hours ago, Helena said:

In particular, Son Ye Jin is raising the public expectation when appointing actress Kim Hee Ae of the Fri-Sat drama "The World of the Married". (JTBC)

[2007-12-12] The 2007 Fashion & Design Awards

Actress Kim Hee-ae (Best Dresser of the Year Award), actress Son Ye-jin (Fashion Icon Award), actor Cha Seung-won (Fashion Icon Award)
840A4D18-9206-4659-8A05-3A7108751418.jpg

50D6A60C-F885-43A7-89C7-AA25761604D4.jpg

“‘The 2007 Fashion & Design Awards” was held at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Seoul with over 800 guests attending.

Spoiler

370D2C98-265E-417F-8C73-AA088B4B4B7B.jpg

2EFE351D-F5EB-4CD5-B6AB-BD7D63108354.jpgB9A23E5C-709E-45A5-87F3-12E33BB135C9.jpg

832A3DC6-73B6-423F-83E6-BA46B600610F.jpg

8E30859E-46B7-49FC-9364-EA0CABF69C22.jpg

F69A73F2-C047-47EE-9E7D-11E8195522E1.jpg

D8715BF8-BA50-421F-B38C-EDE417F693DC.jpg

F86CA6A0-F66A-4726-8FBE-5013134E70A3.jpg

67B47660-4EB8-49B0-8563-A7D0842B24F5.jpg

6181A55A-A89E-42C6-BD1B-F29EF0BDBA36.jpg

F73BDC86-F73A-4B65-AE13-F622999F3F2A.jpg

DD250485-A511-4938-A0BA-B817354E669F.jpg

PicsCr: on images

• Awesome 2
  • Thanks 5

[HanCinema's News] Son Ye-jin Participates in Gratitude Challenge

posterphoto1182993.jpg

Son Ye-jin recently made a post on her Instagram account where she engaged in the Gratitude Challenge, which has been popular on South Korean social media lately. Son Ye-jin singled out Song Yoon-ah and Lee Min-jung as persons whose work she has long admired and said that she wanted to greet them.

Son Ye-jin then moved on to thanking COVID-19 responders for doing their best to protect people in these difficult times. Son Ye-jin offered them a strong heartfelt thanks. She expressed respect for their toil and urged them to stay strong in the situation. Son Ye-Jin appeared in "Crash Landing on You"earlier this year. She has confirmed the feature film "Boston 1947" as her next project, but shooting has stalled due to the COVID-19 epidemic.

Written by William Schwartz

"[HanCinema's News] Son Ye-jin Participates in Gratitude Challenge"
by HanCinema is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.

Link : https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-son-ye-jin-participates-in-gratitude-challenge-141242.html

So FINALLY we have now the confirmation that she’ll gonna be on “Boston 1947”... I’m so happy :lol:

———————————————————————————————————
Also thank u @Helena for the baeksang awards explanation :) 

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, AnnieCheesecake said:

[HanCinema's News] Son Ye-jin Participates in Gratitude Challenge

posterphoto1182993.jpg

Son Ye-jin recently made a post on her Instagram account where she engaged in the Gratitude Challenge, which has been popular on South Korean social media lately. Son Ye-jin singled out Song Yoon-ah and Lee Min-jung as persons whose work she has long admired and said that she wanted to greet them.

Son Ye-jin then moved on to thanking COVID-19 responders for doing their best to protect people in these difficult times. Son Ye-jin offered them a strong heartfelt thanks. She expressed respect for their toil and urged them to stay strong in the situation. Son Ye-Jin appeared in "Crash Landing on You"earlier this year. She has confirmed the feature film "Boston 1947" as her next project, but shooting has stalled due to the COVID-19 epidemic.

Written by William Schwartz

"[HanCinema's News] Son Ye-jin Participates in Gratitude Challenge"
by HanCinema is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.

Link : https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-son-ye-jin-participates-in-gratitude-challenge-141242.html

So FINALLY we have now the confirmation that she’ll gonna be on “Boston 1947”... I’m so happy :lol:

———————————————————————————————————
Also thank u @Helena for the baeksang awards explanation :) 

I’ve read in Binjin shippers forum that the filming of Boston 1947 is done, and sadly she’s not part of it. They said the writer of this article didn’t research well about it. Sad though. 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 10:13 PM, thi2018 said:

Thanks @Helena for reconstructing Son Ye Jin soompi page.

Indeed!!! THANK YOU @Helena !!! For me who mostly lurks in the forum to be updated on SYJ projects/activities, the updating/reconstruction of the  page is like a gift. So thank you very much.

THANK YOU also to all those who contribute to this forum. Special thanks to those who translate articles, videos, etc.. For us international fans who do not speak hangul, your translations are  precious to us.

So happy with the Baeksang nomination of SYJ and the entire CLOY team. I hope SYJ takes home another trophy on June 5.

If I am not mistaken, it has been a looong time since SYJ was nominated in Baeksang for the TV category.  I know the competition  is really stiff but I am hoping that SYJ will still  win or bag the Daesang.:D

• Like 2
  • Love 1

A newbie here, everything is first time for me, joining forums, SYJ’s social media accounts (following numbers of them, fans and personal) fan girling and a certified SYJ fan. Of course, started with CLOY but ended up adoring her. She’s a girl crush. I started reading this forum from Page 1 (Not yet done, apologies) and started learning more about her. It helped me seeing a summary of her works from the time she started (I’m still waiting for the ‘under construction parts’ to be completed, haha, take your time) Based on gazillions of write ups, interviews, features and many more, I may not be half way through it, however, she continues to amaze me. As to call my self a fan, I need to watch all her works and do my research. I still have a long list, especially her dramas but what amuses me, is the way she chose/chooses her projects. It involves women empowerment in all aspects, consciously or subconsciously. Based from what I’ve read here and other features, male counterparts continue to dominate KEnt industry, all over the world I must say, nevertheless, she continuously proves that women can do the same. I hope I don’t sound gender bias here, but seeing her works made me adore her more. She, having a wide range of experience in different genres, from a sweet innoncent girl to taking bolder roles, I’m not surprised. Since I haven’t watched all yet, I’m sure she’ll suprise me with the rest of the movies as I am surprised with the ones I finished especially White Night. I remembered reading or listening in one of her interviews that she wanted to explore herself more, indeed, she does and will continue to hone not only her skills but her confidence as well, with humility and respect which defines her, I take pride on that. I envy those who have known her for a longer time but it’s better late than never ;)

Question though, any link where I can find an in depth analysis of MWGM, I read some but doesn’t satisfy me. If you have, please share directly :)

And planning to send a food truck to her in the future hopefully together with the Philippines’ SYJ fans club. 

Thank you @Helena I discovered this forum. Thanks everyone!

Edited by Jbelr
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

Hello & welcome everyone to our forum. 
It’s too bad that many of the old links (pictures, news articles, etc) are broken.

On 5/11/2020 at 7:10 AM, Jbelr said:

Question though, any link where I can find an in depth analysis of MWGM, I read some but doesn’t satisfy me. If you have, please share directly :)

Have you looked at My Wife Got Married thread? I started it 12 years ago, I had trouble logging into that account (kdramafanusa) so I had to create a new one (Helena) recently.

On 5/11/2020 at 7:10 AM, Jbelr said:

And planning to send a food truck to her in the future hopefully together with the Philippines’ SYJ fans club. 

Nice. 

On 5/10/2020 at 10:12 PM, Dee.84 said:

So happy with the Baeksang nomination of SYJ and the entire CLOY team. I hope SYJ takes home another trophy on June 5.

If I am not mistaken, it has been a looong time since SYJ was nominated in Baeksang for the TV category.  I know the competition  is really stiff but I am hoping that SYJ will still  win or bag the Daesang.:D

the last was in 2007 for SBS drama ‘Alone in Love’ which was a major turning point for her. In an interview in 2008 (I need to look for this interview to share here), she was asked if she knew that 96% of her fans were males before ‘Alone in Love’.  She acknowledged it, she said that it was ‘Alone in Love’ that gained her the support of female audience. 

———————-

I saw these a few days ago, but I didn’t get a chance to translate & post. they are covered in English now. 

——-

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/k-drama-fans-pick-top-5-chemistry-couples-want-see-in-next-hit-romantic-series/

K-Drama Fans Pick Top 5 “Chemistry Couples” They Want To See In The Next Hit Romantic Series

(Screams) WHERE DO WE SIGN UP TO WATCH???

Of all shows, K-Drama fans most dig the ones that boast an undeniable chemistry between the male and female leads. And they believe these 5 pairs of the industry’s top actors and actresses have the potential to become the next “it” couple! Some have never crossed paths, while others have met in the past. Regardless, seeing from their visual combinations to their acting spectrums… all 5 are a big, fat yes from us! We must say, these “couples” seem pretty impossible to resist. Which would you like to see happen soon?

1. Gong Yoo x Son Ye Jin 
Anyone else down for a Guardian and Crash Landing On You crossover? Oh, these two romance masters could easily shatter our hearts to a million pieces — in a heartthrob K-Drama about ill-fated lovers that can neither stay together nor live apart. Anyone else down for a Guardian and Crash Landing On You crossover? Oh, these two romance masters could easily shatter our hearts to a million pieces — in a heartthrob K-Drama about ill-fated lovers that can neither stay together nor live apart.

看韩影@weibo re-posted the 15 pairings from theqoo (https://theqoo.net/posting:

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4503161554920781

OTWFtAV.gif

For friends who couldn’t open the above link, here are the other mentioned pairings:

Spoiler

2. Kim Soo-hyun, Park Bo-young

6D1A7AE0-14C4-4E00-8377-C9B02FB9BB34.jpg

3 Kim Nam-gil, Ha ji-won — for saguek! Queen Seondeok + Damo!
287B2295-FF37-4805-8F45-14925486B5DF.jpg

4. Lee Joon-hyuk, Seo Hyun-jin 
369DEA17-EF7C-4E3A-A809-2B3F31FE4515.jpg

5. Lee Jae-wook, Kim So-hyun
3EFAC561-295C-4719-8B6F-C107B44FAE16.jpg

6. Yeo Jin-goo, Kim Hye-yoon 
15A8027E-739B-4068-8172-8D40607339D8.jpg

7. Rowoon, Jeong Yu-mi (1984)
3B90F870-5CBC-4D13-AC87-738C646361BF.jpg

8. Kang Dong-won, Jeon Ji-hyun 
619E162B-8718-423C-A3D5-3FB93BDCA432.jpg

9. Kim Dong-wook, Han Ji-min
AF65193B-13B3-46D1-9B31-6BC5E646B407.gif

10Seo Kang-joon, Suzy
2082DDFE-87EB-45EE-903E-F4034D55BA02.jpg

11. Kang Ha-neul, Park Eun-bin
BF3BD9AF-B658-4AAD-BBCD-221CBB1F89B4.jpg

12. Lee Jong-suk, Kim Ji-won 

ABB58863-1323-4202-AEB5-F5C3FDA99A9E.jpg

13. Park Bo-gum, IU
39989533-1932-4B8F-AC3A-B2C979321CBC.gif

14. Ong Seong-wu, Kim Tae-ri
51C00CF9-2D21-4B9E-A9B5-38DE78EDAF16.gif

—————

The 10 prettiest of Korea in the 21st century

(From oldest to youngest)

Lee Young Ae [1971.1.31]

Kim Hee Sun [1977.6.11]

Lee Na Young [1979.2.22]

Kim Tae Hee [1980.3.29]

Han Ye Seul [1981.9.18]

Jun Ji Hyun [1981.10.30]

Song Hye Kyo [1981.11.22]

Han Ga In [1982.2.25]

Han Ji Min [1982.11.5]

Son Ye Jin [1982.11.11] (wrong b-day: should be 1982.01.11) 

Original post in Korean:

https://www.instiz.net/pt/6719821
Translated into English with knets comments: 

https://www.knetizen.com/the-10-prettiest-of-korea-in-the-21st-century/

Koreaboo also covered it 
https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/10-beautiful-korean-actresses-born-70s-80s/ 

10 Most Beautiful Korean Actresses Born In The 70s/80s

They look YEARS younger than they actually are!

South Korea truly has no shortage of beautiful women. Among the most beautiful are, without a doubt, actresses born in the 70s and 80s. They may no longer be at what many consider the “prime” of their lives, but they are nonetheless as stunning as they were ten years ago!  In no particular order, below are 10 of the most beautiful actresses in South Korea!

——-

• Like 5

I just watched The Classic yesterday. The great movie and SYJ was so cute in it. :wub:

Her chemistry with Cho Seung Woo was great too. I hope someday they will reunite in drama or other movie. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Son Ye-Jin And Her Leading Men Through The Years

Hyun Bin, Jung Hae-in, Lee Min-ho, and Song Seung-heon are just four of the handsome and talented actors the "Queen of Melodrama" has worked with in her two-decade career as an actress

0f32898e-e406-44ec-ab4a-c268b78c0b7b_crash-landing-on-you-lead-actress-son-ye-jin-went-to-the-emergency-room-in-the-middle-of-shooting.jpg

Son Ye-jin has a universal appeal that helps maintain her long-running popularity. Both men and women appreciate her acting, be it on the small or big screen. The 38-year-old Hallyu star has found a niche in the Korean entertainment industry on a level that not a lot of Korean actresses have actually reached.

Culture critic Lee Moon-won pointed out as a reaction to the box-office success of her 2018 film Be With You: “Son Ye-jin’s fandom started with the explosive support of male fans, but it moved toward women with more stable ticketing power.”

While her latest K-Drama Crash Landing on You reached stratospheric heights and boosted her popularity on a global scale, Son Ye-jin’s filmography is packed with an interesting mix of TV shows and films. CLOY is a project that showcased not only her dramatic prowess but also her comedic timing, but as her 2018 movie The Negotiation (in which she also starred in with Hyun Bin) would prove, Son Ye-jin has a flair for more challenging, action-packed roles as well. 

Edited by forumsoomp
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

p-2-800x445.jpg

Son Ye Jin, “I wanted to love Jung Hae In, not dating in real life”

Actress Son Ye Jin speak up about the recent rumour of her having a romantic relationship with her fellow actor Jung Hae In.

Son Ye Jin recently did an interview on her latest drama ‘Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food’ that was held in Samcheon-Dong, Jongno, Seoul.

She has received a lot of praise for her realistic acting as a woman in her mid 30s who struggle between the love, marriage and work.

Son Ye Jin said, “I wanted to love because it was really important to me. I want to get helped from the other actors. Hae In was still a little doubtful as an actor since its his first time playing the main lead” She said and then she added, “Turned out he is doing very well. We shared a lot of scenes together and I can feel a strong harmony with him which is good” she said, praising the chemistry she has built with Jung Hae In.

But both Son Ye Jin and Jung Hae In showed an incredible chemistry that made the viewers suspicious that the two are dating in real life. Son Ye Jin then responded, “We’re not dating. Though I don’t know if we might dating” she said, mischievously leaving everyone in curiousity. p-1.jpgEspecially since Son Ye Jin finished ‘Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food’, she said, “I think I’ve changed my mind about dating guy who is younger than me. usually I’m not interested in dating the guy who is younger than me but now I think I kind of like it. The age, personality and other things don’t really matter to me. I like a guy who speaks well and communicate well with me” she said.
  • Like 1

Hello, I'm a newbie here. I enjoyed reading your comments and thoughts about SYJ. I have been an avid fan of SYJ just recently after watching cloy. I'm just glad that i found a forum where I can share with same  excitements and sentiments for SYJ. I'm not a Kdrama fan or any related Korean arts. I haven't watched a full Kdrama even once before cloy. Even the first episode of cloy, I didn't watch it intently because of the feeling that I'm not into a Kdrama, but thanks to my family who was eager to watched cloy. I watched it over and over for nth time. :D. After watching cloy, I had a sepanx or hangover with it. I became a Kdrama fan and  a follower of SYJ instantly. She's the only korean actress that I knew and  some were thru their faces only.  I watched 10 of SYJ  movies and 4 Kdramas and the rest will follow if my time permits. 

She had changed my daily routine and became a part of it. :D After watching some of her movies and kdramas, I won't surprised that she bags best actress  in a prestigious awards, not only once but countless times.  She was such a talented actrees with no default acting. In every project, she offers a new one and you will expect another SYJ caliber.  Different genre and different attacks. For me, she's smart in choosing her projects, no wonder in her 20yrs in industry she's still on top. May be not all of her chosen projects were good but still, it did help in her career path and image that she's having now.

I watched many video clips of SYJ  from her Interviews, bts, awards nights and etc. After watching of those videos she had gained my respect.  I really admired and adored her . She's a strong and determined woman. She's not perfect definitely but she knows what she wants and she knows her boundaries. I liked her personality and the way she smile as if there's no tom..:D 

She hasn't been in a dating scandal from the start, may be because of her strong personality. Based in my observation she is picky or has a high standards when it comes to boys.  Her first impression to HB was having a good skin and a nice hair. She even noticed it to  JHI  that has also a nice skin. May be skin and hair matters to her. :D

I'm a binjin shipper but I love SYJ more than HB.  I love her also with Kim Nam Gil. Their closeness in bts during the Shark drama was so entertaining. Just so sad that KNG declined the offer for Pirate 2. 

Edited by yssec
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

On 2/6/2019 at 10:52 AM, fchopin said:

Cr: Binnie Jinnie

New year we are Asian will talk about horoscopes. Those who read horoscopes usually ask about love line or marriage date. There are many people curious about 2 hot people hb-yj's zodiac.

I'm a fan of both, and yj's fan since her debut. Even though they denied dating rumors, and this is my private channel, but if they happen to watch this clip, I say their zodiac signs are matching very well. 

Hyun Bin was born on September 25, 1982, which is the date of the Horse, the month of the Rooster, and the year of the Dog.

Son Ye Jin was born on January 11, 1982, which is the date of the Horse, the month of the Ox, and the year of the Rooster.

They are the same age, but according to the Chinese calendar, 1 is the year of the Dog and 1 is the year of Rooster. So they are extremely well-matched.   If they are not lovers right now, it's really good if hb pursues yj. They will compliment each other well and very precious to each other. Lady Samsil predicted in 2020 these two zodiac signs would get married. If they get married earlier, it's possible they will break up. So getting married late will be better. If the dating goes well this year, they can get married next year. Many knetz said they make a beautiful couple and support them. Right now both of them said they are not in that relationship which is causing a lot of disappointment. I support them together,  beautiful and talented couple. It's great if they are really dating. I may make Son Ye Jin uncomfortable for saying this --> if she's not dating, she will become like one of us (fortune tellers) :D. She is beautiful, good at acting, and her energy is strong. If her dating is going well, her tension will be loosened a bit. It will be amazing if both come together, lady Samsil said, and even better if they get married and have wonderful children.

Then the fortune teller talked about the idol couple just recently revealed by Dispatch after only 1 month dating KA and JE. He said people will throw rocks at him for saying this --> he predicted they will have to break up. They will not last long together as a couple according to their zodiac signs. You probably know the answer by now.

In conclusion, this fortune teller is really supporting hb-yj.

Last time there was another fortune teller said they will get married per their zodiac signs. Another one this time. They both have their own private channel so they must be 2 different fortune tellers :D 

The writer said their faces match well and their zodiac signs also match well...hb-yj...what you think 

I wonder what happened to this prediction? Is he a famous fortune teller in Korea? 

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/05/21/2020052102205.html

Korean TV Hit Spellbinds Japanese in Lockdown

May 21, 2020

681674E1-6DE8-4A3E-8594-ED1F040F8D71.jpg

"Crash Landing on You," a hit drama series about the implausible love story between a South Korean heiress and a North Korean military officer, has been the most watched TV series in Japan on Netflix for three weeks in a row. 

The series wrapped up here in February to great acclaim but can now be streamed abroad.

Japan's Fuji TV cited the individual charms of stars Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin, Japanese viewers' curiosity about life in North Korea, and sheer boredom in lockdown.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 4

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20200522003600315?section=culture/entertainment

Young actors move to online platforms as TV producers woo bankable veterans

May 22, 2020

SEOUL, May 22 (Yonhap) -- Young actors and actresses in their 20s and early 30s have been losing their presence on the South Korean small screen as producers are not willing to take chances by casting new faces in marquee roles.

The fantasy romance "The King: Eternal Monarch," starring Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun, and the mystery drama "Born Again," starring Jang Ki-yong and Jin Se-yeon, seem to be the only two TV series led by young stars out of dozens of soap operas and shows currently on air in the country.

"The King," on SBS, was one of the most anticipated series in the first half of this year for its star-studded cast, including Lee, and renowned screenwriter Kim Eun-sook.

But its lower-than-expected viewership ratings, which marked 6.5 percent for its ninth episode that aired last week, have seemingly hurt the yearslong reputation of Lee, 32, who has been known as a highly trusted commodity when it comes to dramas.

Viewership of KBS' "Born Again" has been hovering around 2 percent since it first aired in late April.

Moreover, TV dramas starring young actors and actresses, such as KBS' fantasy romance "Welcome" and tvN's romance "A Piece of Your Mind," both of which ended last month, received poor viewership ratings of 1 percent and soon disappeared from viewers' consciousness.

On the other hand, this year's hit TV series, including tvN's romantic comedy "Crash Landing On You," JTBC's melodrama "The World of the Married" and the medical drama "Hospital Playlist" on tvN, feature long-running stars, like Hyun Bin, Son Ye-jin, Kim Hee-ae and Jo Jung-suk.

This trend of young rising stars being upstaged by veterans is not new on the South Korean entertainment scene.

A few years ago, rookie actors, like Yang Se-jong, Woo Do-hwan and Jang Ki-yong, found stardom stars after their performances in sleeper hits, like "Temperature of Love," "Mad Dog" and "Come And Hug Me," respectively.

Since then, however, they remained as diamonds in the rough, without finding roles as principals in hit shows.

Experts said the increasing age of lead actors is largely attributable to a rise in production costs and fiercer competition in the TV industry.

"Producers and TV stations tend to choose a safer strategy," culture critic Park Ji-jong said. "They try not to take the risk of casting ham actors or actresses with unreliable acting skills and public recognition."

As a result, new platforms, such as Netflix, have become an opportunity for novice actors and beginners to start their acting careers.

Kim Dong-hee and Park Ju-hyun caught the eyes of many viewers in the teen crime drama "Extracurricular," a Korean Netflix original, for their better-than-expected acting skills.

"Young entertainers eye Netflix that can afford big-budget series and doesn't care about viewership or web-based drama studios, which seek future potential," Park, the culture critic, said.

brk@yna.co.kr
(END)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Son Ye-Jin Has A License To Teach This Workout She's Been Doing For Over 10 Years!

Just when you thought you knew everything to know about her, we give you yet another reason to fall in love!

Son Ye-Jin has been having quite a year! From starring as Yoon Se-ri in one of the year's biggest and highest rated K-Dramas 'Crash Landing on You', to eventually being nominated for Best Actress at the 56th Baeksang Arts Awards for the said role, it's safe to say she is one of the most celebrated South Korean actresses today.

The 38-year old superstar has grown gracefully through the years, and with 20 years of showbiz experience under her belt, surely the journey could not have been a walk in the park. One thing we're sure of though, is that she has evolved into becoming one of the most respected actresses of her time. At 38 years old, she surely maintains an ageless face and physique, making her one of our icons for beauty.

It comes as no surprise that Son Ye-jin has had her fair share of cosmetics endorsements, including skincare products and tools that showcase her ageless face—from MISSHA, to Man:yo Factory, to Vanav and Skin, Inc. 

Little has been said about her fitness routines, as she doesn't really share these kinds of updates on her Instagram account. But did you know that in fact, Ye-Jin has been religiously doing a certain type of workout for over 10 years now? Yes—you read that right, 10 years of regular workouts. This makes sense now, for her model-esque figure definitely tells us that she puts in hard work to maintain her lean and long physique. 

In an episode of Master in the House (SBS), Ye-jin shares her love for pilates and TRX, and even wows her companions in the show as she reveals that she, is in fact, a licensed instructor (she got her license about eight years ago), and is allowed to teach such workouts if she wants to! Now this puts her high up our girl crush list for sure!

In the episode, she demonstrates some TRX moves, an upside-down pilates pose on the trapeze table/Cadillac machine, and flexible, dance-like movements on another machine. The guys, including actor/singers Lee Seung-gi and Yook Sungjae, are in awe of how beautiful Ye-jin looks as she does each move, and feels challenged to try each one out!

Ye-jin doing TRXYe-jin doing TRX | KOCOWA TV
Ye-jin on the CadillacYe-jin on the Cadillac | Newsen
Ye-jin doing a move that strengthens her spineYe-jin doing a move that strengthens her spine | Newsen

TRX, or Total Resistance Exercises, is a form of suspension training that targets different muscle groups, to tone and create a strong core. It's a total body workout that's low-impact yet effective in whipping your body in shape. It helps build balance, strength, coordination, flexibility, as well as core and joint stability.

Pilates, on the other hand is similar in the sense that it trains a body's flexibility, is low-impact, and builds muscular strength and endurance movements. Pilates teaches proper postural alignment, too. 

Ye-jin loves these workouts so much, she even admitted to being in this workout studio more often than her own home! Check out how passionate Ye-jin is as she shares her love for working out in the videos below:

• Like 1
  • Love 3

https://zapzee.net/2020/05/24/pick-korean-romance-movies-that-will-make-you-want-to-fall-in-love/

[PICK] Korean Romance Movies that Will Make You Want to Fall in Love

Edited by Hong Hyun Jung | Translated by Kim Hoyeun | By krishkim 

44088195-34F7-429C-AC59-263AB922A326.jpg

Though it has calmed down, the COVID-19 pandemic is still ongoing. With the restriction of external activities, the possibility of psychological difficulties has increased. So, in such times, why don’t we indulge ourselves in sweet and exciting romance movies for a change?

A Werewolf Boy (2012) - Song Joong-ki & Park Bo-young PicCredit: CJ Entertainment

Spoiler

C6EE7519-9676-46FA-A7E6-3B4E9DAA7149.jpg

It’s a heartwarming romance completed with a fairytale-like pure emotion. It depicts the pure communion between lonely Soon Yi, who closed her heart to the world, and a wild, rough, but strangely loving wolf boy. The charming combination of Park Bo Young and Song Joong Ki and beautiful cinematic beauty made the viewers laugh and cry with the story. At the time of the release, the movie attracted 6.6 million viewers, receiving enthusiastic responses from female audiences.

My PS Partner (2012) - Kim Ah-jung & Ji Sung PicCredit: CJ Entertainment

Spoiler

1D0DEF6F-3919-43D2-AF2F-D01A368346C2.jpg

It’s an R-rated romance movie directed by Byun Sung Hyun, known for The Merciless. The unique setting of a man and a woman, who are connected by a wrong phone call, having an honest and bold romance is eye-catching. However, even though it was rated R, the level of their love scenes are not that high. Rather, it candidly unravels real-life relationships that mostly young audiences can relate to.

Finding Mr.Destiny (2010) - Im Soo-jung & Gong Yoo PicCredit: CJ Entertainment

Spoiler

1FC32781-C883-46D6-A812-5087D18BC744.jpg

Based on a popular musical, the movie drew attention with the unique combination of Gong Yoo and Im Soo Jung. Gong Yoo made the female viewers’ heart flutter by playing the role of Han Gi Joon, an inflexible man who searches high and low to find the first love of Seo Ji Woo (Im Soo Jung). The ending scene where they shared a romantic kiss at the airport became the talk of the town.

Don’t Believe Her (2004) - Kim Ha-neul & Kang Dong-won PicCredit: Cinema Service

Spoiler

C11B0159-CB84-4B02-B87E-4585ABCB41F4.jpg

It’s a romantic comedy with exciting materials and actors’ deft performances. The movie presents a convivial play brought on by a tangled encounter between Young Ju, a swindler who uses her pure looks and fluent speech skills as tools, and Hee Chul, an innocent pharmacist in a rural village. Showing a slightly twisted standards of the romantic comedy genre give the viewers a pleasure throughout the film.

My Scary Girl (2006) - Park Yong-woo & Choi Kang-hee PicCredit: CJ Entertainment

Spoiler

9D0462E2-21CD-4732-8EDD-F40F992A2E32.jpg

As the title suggests, the film tells a sweet, wild, and unpredictable romance. It tells the story of Dae Woo, a college lecturer with a vulnerable and timid personality, going on a date with Min Ah, a mysterious and charming girl who moved into the house just below. The combination of cheerful romance and tense thriller offers unique fun.

Spellbound (2011) - Son Ye-jin & Lee Min-ki PicCredit: CJ Entertainment

FE1C56AA-7436-4FD8-8403-3735A8B920D0.jpg

Sweet romance and creepy horror have met. The romance between a woman, who sees ghosts, and a scared man is always nerve-racking since ghosts pop out everywhere. Fear strikes at an unexpected moment, giving the audience the chilling fun. When the movie was released, it attracted more than 3 million viewers.

My Tutor Friend (2003) - Kim Ha-neul & Kwon Sang-woo PicCredit: CJ Entertainment

Spoiler

E0BFC973-F51B-4D09-9435-9C7A54697109.jpg

It’s a romantic comedy that makes you feel like you’re watching a lively comics. Ji Hoon, who has been going to high school for five years, and Su Wan, who started the expensive private lessons to earn money to pay tuition, have met. The two, who are entirely opposite from each other, have met as a teacher and a student. The story of them bickering with each other, and eventually falling in love was shown pleasantly. Like My Sassy Girl, the movie successfully adapted popular Internet posts and received explosive responses from young audiences.

A Moment to Remember (2004) - Jung Woo-sung & Son Ye-jin PicCredit: CJ Entertainment

226849A1-0D09-483B-B272-F9411811F4E2.jpg
The movie presents a heartbreaking romance between Son Ye Jin, “the queen of romance,” and Jung Woo Sung, who we want to see in a romance movie nowadays. The undying love between Soo Jin, who suffered from Alzheimer’s disease, and Chul Soo, who takes care of her with the utmost care, made the audience wipe their tears.

Art Museum by the Zoo (1998) - Shim Eun-ha & Lee Sung-jae PicCredit: Cinema Service

Spoiler

4EDAA4B3-791E-4FD3-9407-8D08A06950A5.jpg

The movie that is most famous for the line, “I thought love was all about falling in love from the beginning. I didn’t know it was getting permeated this slowly.” Shim Eun Ha and Lee Sung Jae worked together as Choon Hee and Chul Soo, who fall in love despite their differences.

Someone Special (2004) - Jung Jae-young & Lee Na-young PicCredit: Cinema Service

Spoiler

84CC47E2-DB49-46D1-898B-AABEF58D87F0.jpg

Director Jang Jin’s unique humor has met up with cute romance. The movie depicts the romance between a baseball player in the second division who was given only a few months to live and an odd woman who has had a crush on him for 10 years. Combined with components that are far from traditional romance, Jung Jae Young’s comfortable charm, which supports Lee Na Young’s unusual, wild and pure image, makes the viewers smile until the end.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2020/05/son-ye-jin-enjoys-rise-in-global.html

Son Ye Jin enjoys rise in global popularity thanks to 'Crash Landing On You'

22D5B243-99B9-4372-A1C3-42B56107FC46.png

Article: Son Ye Jin, 'Crash Landing On You' international popularity causes a rise in her own global popularity

Source: Newsen via Nate

1. [+284, -18] Son Ye Jin is pretty now but she was daebak prettiest during her 'Classic' days

2. [+267, -18] She's beautiful but she isn't like other stars who rely on their names to carry them. She's constantly picking up new dramas and I find that amazing as an actress. She has great acting skills too.

3. [+219, -17] Such great beauty and acting skills. She's not just another CF star but continues to take up various dramas. She's a gem of an actress!

4. [+28, -6] All of her dramas and movies are fun

5. [+16, -3] She's the perfect fit for the title of 'actress' ㅠㅠ pretty face too. Please continue working!

6. [+14, -3] She manages herself super well too. She sticks to  one path and it's acting. I'll always support her

7. [+12, -2] I looked it up on Google Japan and 'Crash Landing On You' is really all the rage on Japanese SNS

8. [+11, -2] Looks like she'll be joining the ranks of world stars~ let's go to Hollywood~

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1