Quantcast
Jump to content
Helena

Son Ye-Jin 손예진

Recommended Posts

I am back reading this thread  for the last 160 pages. Omg!

It actually helped me to find out more about YSJ and also many videos and interviews i had never watched before.



I havent watched any other SYJ's dramas  apart from CLOY, i will try and watch them after CLOY gets out of my system


About SYJ's acting

I am going to comment based on cloy.

I now understand why they are calling her the melodrama queen.  She can really cry  and immerse into her sad roles. However in  her comedy scenes she was hilarious.

Her Figure

 

Her body measurments must be perfect.

Not too tall, not too short.
In CLOY She could really wear that clothes better than the models. She is wearing the dress and not the dress wearing her.


Beauty
i actually find her more pretty nowdays than when she was younger. I dont know she seems mature but youthfull in the same time. She seems so pretty with her hair up in a small bun. So cute

Agency
I now have learned  that the president or her reptesentati e is a woman who she is really close with.  Now i can understand better her silence regarding dating rumors. Since she is a woman she knows that a woman is the one who will suffer concequences after a dating rumor, and especially if that result in a  breakup. I beleive she is the one who gave her clear guidance from her begining and SYJ is following that line until today.


CLOY story.
Some said that the writer wrote the scenes having in mind HB and SYJ from the begining. I beleive that after the confirmation from both stars she started adding the dialogues of the scenes based on previous real facts of them. I am not sure if she could be able to do that if the actors had not been HB abd SYJ. Maybe it would develop differently

  • Like 4
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi 

 

While lurking in her shipping thread withHB someone posted her interview from the Fact, back in 2018 so i came here to read it. This is something that i was curious

 

 

You have almost never been involved in controversy or scandal, and especially you seem to stay away when it comes to a hot romantic rumor topic. Is there a secret?

Although there was an absurd rumor, but it never happened at all. It was with actor Kim Nam-gil, after taking two consecutive series, the movie "Pirates" and the drama "Shark", which led to a hot romantic rumor topic, but I had never been to a date so it didn’t make sense from the beginning. I want to be in a real romantic rumor topic.

 

 

 

ok why did she have to mention this? I mean this rumor was 4 years ago (from 2018 when the interview was made)

Why  she had the need to deny this again? She already did it back in 2014.

 

She was bothered when they paired her with KNG and not with JHI or when they accused her of being gay? It seemed odd. 

 

 

  • Unamused 1
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Susan said:

Hi 

 

While lurking in her shipping thread withHB someone posted her interview from the Fact, back in 2018 so i came here to read it. This is something that i was curious

 

 

You have almost never been involved in controversy or scandal, and especially you seem to stay away when it comes to a hot romantic rumor topic. Is there a secret?

Although there was an absurd rumor, but it never happened at all. It was with actor Kim Nam-gil, after taking two consecutive series, the movie "Pirates" and the drama "Shark", which led to a hot romantic rumor topic, but I had never been to a date so it didn’t make sense from the beginning. I want to be in a real romantic rumor topic.

 

 

 

ok why did she have to mention this? I mean this rumor was 4 years ago (from 2018 when the interview was made)

Why  she had the need to deny this again? She already did it back in 2014.

 

She was bothered when they paired her with KNG and not with JHI or when they accused her of being gay? It seemed odd. 

 

 

 

Why she Deny this again?

1. Because she only have 1 big rumors dating with actor (from the first time she's been an Actress until 2018) i.e with KNG.

 

2. SYJ-KNG has working together for 2 project drama&Movie. (Almost 3 Times if both of them accept The Pirates 2).

 

3. If you read the question, i though you Will know why she's bring KNG name on it. It state "You have almost never been involved in controversy or scandal". That's why i said on poin no.1 SYJ only has 1 rumor dating until 2018.

 

While with JHI people said that they look good together and asking them to be real couple. But none rumor blow between them on media like SYJ-KNG (on that date).

 

SJY being gay? Sorry If i asked this, are you SYJ haters? She must not answer that kind of gross rumors.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

No i am not a hater i believe she is a great actress. It just seemed odd. 

 

If she is gay ( she could be)

-.blind rumors pointing her and kwon yuri,

-.The 2015 interview with her  homosexual disposition answer

-.No dating rumors despite her age and duration in the acting industry. Hmm Fishy)

 

 let it be.  The important is for her to be happy.

Edited by Susan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adorable Yejin-ssi:love: on a CF:

ps: I think that this CF it’s around the date of “April Snow” ‘cause the guy that was with her at the end of the CF looks so much with her co-star on AS.

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

hi everyone!!!! im new!!
good kisses for you all yejin enthusiast!
yejin been growing fantastic number of fans after CLOY and hope that they stay that way to support and love yejin
i never been socialist to other fellow fans before and i'd like to change that
lets make this thread alive sharing love and information!

cheers!!! D

Edited by firstzyx
  • Like 3
  • Love 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AnnieCheesecake said:

Adorable Yejin-ssi:love: on a CF:

ps: I think that this CF it’s around the date of “April Snow” ‘cause the guy that was with her at the end of the CF looks so much with her co-star on AS.

 

 

She's so cute!! And yes, that's her co-star from April Snow, Bae Yong Joon.

 

  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone summarize what is discussed about SYJ and one of her bff?

 

Thanks.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just Finished Something in the rain. still she is versatile actress with best acting skills in korean entertaiment. well what i regrets is she is not young anymore,maybe CLOY and SOTR 2 drama that she acts in last melodrama theme,dunno if she hits age 40 maybe she will take role as mom or adult female professionals.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2020 at 1:17 PM, Susan said:

No i am not a hater i believe she is a great actress. It just seemed odd. 

 

If she is gay ( she could be)

-.blind rumors pointing her and kwon yuri,

-.The 2015 interview with her  homosexual disposition answer

-.No dating rumors despite her age and duration in the acting industry. Hmm Fishy)

 

 let it be.  The important is for her to be happy.

ummm the blind rumor with yuri is ridiculous which is why she never had to address this. her gay rumours are from wishful thinking from people who want her to be gay.

the 2015 interview, she is an actress and she would like to portray all characters

even if she doesn't have an official public romantic partner doesn't mean she never dated, she has dated and broken up with men. Not fishy at all.

  • Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the ppl who says that our Yejin can't dance, just show those 0:33s and the magic it's done :joy:.

I wanna see longer interviews like this more often :bawling::

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ChunSungIm said:

Just Finished Something in the rain. still she is versatile actress with best acting skills in korean entertaiment. well what i regrets is she is not young anymore,maybe CLOY and SOTR 2 drama that she acts in last melodrama theme,dunno if she hits age 40 maybe she will take role as mom or adult female professionals.

Well pointed but I think that our SYJ it's only of the few exceptions that will still play on melo/roncom genres as a main role without being portraying a mom.

Like her close friend for example : (GHJ) it's two years older than her and she's still the main character and she not just play mom character as well, her last work was a melo too(I know that she portrayed a single mom but like Yejin she got other roles too that don't get stick just to this character.)

LNY it's 3y older than Yejin and her last drama wasn't a mom character as well, and ofc we also have JJH that's one year older than Yejin and her last drama with LMH wasn't a mom character as well :D.

 

So I think that Yejin thankfully still have a longer years without being stick on mom/professional character. 'Cause of :

 

  1. She still looks pretty young
  2. For me 38 isn't a old (I'm maaaany years younger that Yejin but I don't see 38 as being old)
  3. She is one of few actress that has all : acting skills and visuals (and OFC like u said she's pretty versatile as well ^^) 

So if the k-industry just offer to her those kind of characters (mom for example) would be a BIG loose for them, 'cause Yejin is not afraid of challenge herself, her acting it's smth to left everyone with a mouth open and her visuals makes us being focus even more on the screen.

 

OFC that's my point of view (and opinion) but this what I believe :wub:.

  • Like 4
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone has the link of the full version of this video?

Slowteam don't have this at their YouTube channel T-T :

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2020 at 8:17 PM, Susan said:

No i am not a hater i believe she is a great actress. It just seemed odd. 

 

If she is gay ( she could be)

-.blind rumors pointing her and kwon yuri,

-.The 2015 interview with her  homosexual disposition answer

-.No dating rumors despite her age and duration in the acting industry. Hmm Fishy)

 

 let it be.  The important is for her to be happy.

 

On 3/7/2020 at 10:37 PM, Kristen Son said:

ummm the blind rumor with yuri is ridiculous which is why she never had to address this. her gay rumours are from wishful thinking from people who want her to be gay.

the 2015 interview, she is an actress and she would like to portray all characters

even if she doesn't have an official public romantic partner doesn't mean she never dated, she has dated and broken up with men. Not fishy at all.

 

1)I really dont know how the netizens pointed at YSJ.

It was an article posted in sportsseoul, now TheFact  with NO NAMES  and was taken away after a few minutes but someone managed to save it and created all the buzz. 

No names were mentioned  thats why i am puzzled.

Back then SYJ was friends with yuri who had this rumor and YSJ is so secretive about her lovelife and that created all the rumors. I Agree,wishful thinking from people who want her to be gay.

 

BUT again no names were mentioned so it could be anyone. Or just a fake rumor.

I am not aware of that magazine's news.

 

If anyone knows something more please share it.

 

 

2)Yeah! About the 2015 interview i beleive she was joking about it. Or there was a misinterpration from the magazine. But it was too bold of her if she said that. And then again all of the rumors resurfased.  And there were all sort of headlines.

Edit: this interview was from 2006-2007 and just resurfased on 2015 i dont know the reason

 

3)

A lot of actresses have secret love live. They even get married without anyone knows and announce it aftewards.

 

I also beleive that kpop idols and oppa actors have more attention than actreses and are being followed more. And all the photos from those years i think they made is to the press because of the popularity of the male part. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, AnnieCheesecake said:

Well pointed but I think that our SYJ it's only of the few exceptions that will still play on melo/roncom genres as a main role without being portraying a mom.

Like her close friend for example : (GHJ) it's two years older than her and she's still the main character and she not just play mom character as well, her last work was a melo too(I know that she portrayed a single mom but like Yejin she got other roles too that don't get stick just to this character.)

LNY it's 3y older than Yejin and her last drama wasn't a mom character as well, and ofc we also have JJH that's one year older than Yejin and her last drama with LMH wasn't a mom character as well :D.

 

So I think that Yejin thankfully still have a longer years without being stick on mom/professional character. 'Cause of :

 

  1. She still looks pretty young
  2. For me 38 isn't a old (I'm maaaany years younger that Yejin but I don't see 38 as being old)
  3. She is one of few actress that has all : acting skills and visuals (and OFC like u said she's pretty versatile as well ^^)

Unfortunately, it is an industry norm (not just in S Korea) to cast an older man in his mid to late 30s / early 40s with a younger actress in their late 20s. SYJ was on the opposite end of this herself in her 20s. But rarely imo will you see power house acting these days between two leads - one older, one younger - like in CLOY where there are two experienced actors going toe to toe.

 

I believe as an actress, there are still great stories for SYJ to tell. After watching CLOY, I would be surprised people are not knocking at her door. I am also pretty sure the movie industry wants her back. Why would a director want mediocre when they can have phenomenal? lol

 

But if 38 is the cutting point and this means she'll have an opportunity to build a family, I'm all for it.

  • Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s with those breathtaking pics of goddess Yejin,that I’m wishing a “Happy Woman’s Day” for everyone here :wub::

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...