Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

8 hours ago, Helena said:

Best Actress

1. Jeon Do-yeon (won best actress at Cannes Film Festival 2007 for Lee Chang-dong’s Secret Sunshine)
  2. Kim Hye-soo
  3. Son Ye-jin

Hide contents

Can someone share how this list was compiled? Love that she not only has respect in the industry but also seems so humble about her success.

btw, the current headlines for her and HB are embarrassing and sad given the success of the show. Hopefully everything will blow over soon.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, cybertron said:

Did he said the scene he was crying when YSR offer a job,its a real emotion because he got to act with SYJ??

Because he is her fans??

Gosh im so happy and proud knowing the other actor praise her.

The words from Pyo Chi Soo is my favourite.

Im waiting interview from EunDong.

I can see SYJ treat him like a little kid.

So cute!

Thank you. It is nice to hear the praise from her cast. As much as I "ship" SYJ with HB I'll admit I was a little sad seeing so many pics of the cast with HB. Made me wonder if she was undervalued, despite seeming to have more of the outgoing personality on set

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

First of all sorry If what will i said bother some of you...But if we would like focussed discuss related with BinJin couple please said it in BinJin thread.

Don't get me wrong, i'm trully BinJin shipper.

I'm just afraid we'll have the same situation like last year and delated by moderator :sweatingbullets:. (That moment always keep on my mind and such a trauma for me.)

There are much more beautiful stuff we can discuss about our lovely queen Son Ye Jin here.

So let's us spread our love to SYJ

:heart:

• Like 8
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, cybertron said:

The insurans guy talk about our Yejin.

It feels good to hear nice things about her. Actor Lim Chul Soo said: (he's actually younger than SYJ)

I was really looking forward to senior Son Ye Jin, and when I finally met her, I got really emotional,  my tears kept coming out.

Senior Son Ye Jin...as you already know she has been in the acting industry for a very long time, totally a professional actress. Her acting is phenomenal. Somehow... I'm such a huge fan of her...because it might interfere with acting,  I couldn't get to say these words until now after the shooting was over that I'm her fan..actually. .I didn't get a chance to tell her that. Then later on I met her in the car as the character Park So Chan...how was it even possible!  Well..it was like oh my god I'm going to have a shooting and I couldn't really hold my tears. Of course...(Son Ye Jin is famous for using adlibs)...there were some of senior Son Ye Jin's adlibs scenes that were cut off. There was a part when I was crying she gave me a tissue  (adlibs scene).. this got me becoming emotional and I was tearful. I'm still emotional even when I think about it now. I think I was crying alot. I was happy to meet her...she's like my family.

(Video message to Son Ye Jin)

Senior. .. you really are...I couldn't really say this properly back then: I'm your very truly/heartily fan :heart:

• Like 1
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 6

It's so nice to hear all these praises to Son Ye-Jin from other casts. She has left a mark to those people she has worked with and gained respect and love from them.

She has proven her craft in so many ways and the only actress who received the Best Actress award in the three prestigious film award-giving bodies in SK. I am excited that she will be recognized again this year.

• Love 6

4 hours ago, cybertron said:

Thanks @thi2018 for the translation..

Woo,i thought SYJ is younger than him.

Btw,i can't wait to know SYJ's next project.

I seriously hope it will be a movie.

Me too. I really want her in a movie, instead of drama. Even though I get to see her longer in drama. But somehow, I feel a bit sad after cloy ends. I don't know what but I hope she's happy and travel again. I miss her smiles. 

EQzAjRrU0AAj1pB?format=jpg&name=medium

3 hours ago, glayse said:

It's so nice to hear all these praises to Son Ye-Jin from other casts. She has left a mark to those people she has worked with and gained respect and love from them.

She has proven her craft in so many ways and the only actress who received the Best Actress award in the three prestigious film award-giving bodies in SK. I am excited that she will be recognized again this year.

Yes I hope she won grand prize this year. I think it's the only award she didn't get. She really did her best for cloy to be successful and I am glad cloy got a lot of attention which paid off her efforts.

• Love 6

4 hours ago, thi2018 said:

Somehow... I'm such a huge fan of her...because it might interfere with acting,  I couldn't get to say these words until now after the shooting was over that I'm her fan..actually. .I didn't get a chance to tell her that. Then later on I met her in the car as the character Park So Chan...how was it even possible!  Well..it was like oh my god I'm going to have a shooting and I couldn't really hold my tears. Of course

Senior. .. you really are...I couldn't really say this properly back then: I'm your very truly/heartily fan :heart:

Ah, that's why i feel his acting really sincere.

When he first time hear SeRi voice on radio and also in Car scene, that's a touching moment that makes me teary everytime i watched that scene.

Lucky him, he can acting with his idol, Son Ye Jin. No wonder she's became Nation's first love because she made everyone want to be love.

The actor who plays as PCS also said, SYJ influenced him a lot. She was looking at him as Pyo Chi Soo. It was outstanding. The reason why PCS role received so much attention is all thanks to SYJ. It would've been impossible if he was alone.

Well i never read many news where many cast in one production praise an actress like SYJ. 

And i also feel that all character in CLOY looks more "Live" when it met scene with SYJ.

Such as SeRi-Ahjumma moment, SeRi-PCS bickering moment, SeRi-her Team work, SeRi-Insuranceman, That moments touch my heart personally and always give me a warmhearted everytime i rewatched CLOY. :heart:

@ChunSungIm gosh...I hope people in that area always safe. Sad to know that virus has infected in South Korea.

• Like 2
  • Love 7

7beb44bdd42f4ae399bb4f167f656c2f.jpeg?s=

Dashing Leads, Fairy Tale Storylines, And Passionate Chemistry: What To Watch After “Crash Landing On You”

We started the new year excited that half the series of “Crash Landing on You” still remained. But now that the drama is over, the weekends feel empty and forlorn. What are we to do without Ri Jung Hyuk (Hyun Bin) and his Yoon Se Ri (Son Ye Jin)? Not to mention the hilarious and fun-filled sidekicks.

If you’re like me and are looking for some other K-dramas to watch that will help ease the pain of there being no more “Crash Landing on You,” here’s a look at some other dramas and films to check out.

The gorgeous and talented Son Ye Jin

Son Ye Jin was such a natural in playing Yoon Se Ri. What made this drama so much more enjoyable to watch was the fact that she was believable as a character and that her acting was so effortless! Son Ye Jin has been around in the industry for quite some time now and if you haven’t seen her in many movies or dramas before, here are a few that should be on your watch list.

Personal Taste

One of the best traits of Son Ye Jin is that she’s so versatile as an actress. She’s been amazing as a melo-actress and is also quite the entertainer when it comes to comedic roles, so her portrayal as Park Gae In in the rom-com “Personal Taste” is worth the mention. Son Ye Jin also tends to pick movies more often than K-dramas, so whenever she stars in one, you know it will be good!

In “Personal Taste,” Son Ye Jin plays a furniture designer who is more on the clumsy side but has a good heart. She ends up living with Jeon Jin Ho (Lee Min Ho), who is an architect and also someone Gae In initially thinks is gay. The two have a love/hate relationship that develops more into love. You’ll thoroughly enjoy seeing Son Ye Jin in a comedic role while also seeing her chemistry with her co-star Lee Min Ho. They’re too cute!

“The Classic”

It’s hard to mention Son Ye Jin without mentioning her role as Ji Hye and Joo Hee in “The Classic.” The movie follows the love story of both the mother, Joo Hee, and the daughter, Ji Hye. The main focus of the story is on the mother and her love story with Jun Ho (Cho Seung Woo) when she was in high school. She was arranged to marry Jun Ho’s best friend Tae Soo (Lee Ki Woo), but Tae Soo finds out that the two are in love and he tries his best to set them up.

The film has so many twists and turns that it’s bound to put you on a rollercoaster of emotions. There’s so much heartbreak involved with the love story that it makes it impossible to forget this film. Both Ji Hye and Joo Hee are characters you will instantly fall in love with and Son Ye Jin does such an incredible job playing them. Although they are similar, they are also very different and that’s just a testament to the acting skills of Son Ye Jin.

“A Moment to Remember”

Another unforgettable movie that definitely has to be mentioned is “A Moment to Remember.” Son Ye Jin stars as Su Jin, who ends up in an intense and serious relationship with Cheol Su, played byJung Woo Sung. The two have an adventurous and romantic relationship which results in them getting married. Despite their happy marriage, Su Jin learns that she has an illness that will test their love and relationship.

If you are a fan of Son Ye Jin, this movie is a must-watch. You can’t help but feel for her character and the journey that she goes through will have you so invested. It’s one of her most memorable roles and the movie is bound to have you in a puddle of tears by the end of it.

Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin together

Before “Crash Landing on You” was in the works, Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin had starred in a movie together. Although the two were hardly ever “together” in the movie, it’s the best we can do to help us get through major Son Ye Jin/Hyun Bin withdrawal.

“The Negotiation”

In “The Negotiation,” Son Ye Jin plays a negotiator named Ha Chae Yoon. Hyun Bin plays Min Tae Gu, a weapons smuggler who Chae Yoon must negotiate with in order to release hostages. She has 12 hours to do so and her calm and cool demeanor is put to the test.

And again, although they aren’t on screen together, it’s still worth the watch seeing these two actors do what they do best. And until their next appearance together, whether it be in a K-drama, movie, or in real life (shipping), this will have to do!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1382568wpp/dashing-leads-fairy-tale-storylines-and-passionate-chemistry-what-to-watch-after-crash-landing-on-you

Also watch my lover concerto,summer scent,something in the rain,crazy first love,the last princess,be with you and shark.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, peggygordon said:

And i also feel that all character in CLOY looks more "Live" when it met scene with SYJ.

Such as SeRi-Ahjumma moment, SeRi-PCS bickering moment, SeRi-her Team work, SeRi-Insuranceman, That moments touch my heart personally and always give me a warmhearted everytime i rewatched CLOY. :heart:

Agree!!

And i personally think i enjoy SJ - SR moment more than SJ-SD.

SYJ have a very great chemistry not only with the male lead.

All the supporting cast give a long words to praise her.

The insurance guy scene with Seri in the car also make me cry.

Ah btw,i hope u gals dont mind if we post CLOY news here.

I rarely go to drama thread.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, cybertron said:

I seriously hope it will be a movie.

movie!+ 10086

Here in Taiwan we have many video apps to follow SYJ’s works, her movies especially. I watched many her movies in a video app called “friday影音”. To follow Korean movies is very easy for me. just movies are not so quickly to be released on line. But many Korean films are showed in Taiwanese theaters in recent years. So for me it’s not difficult to follow her movies.

I really hope one day SYJ would like SKH to stand on the Oscar stage or Cannes film festival etc. I think for SYJ she is popular enough, she would prefer to develop the variety and deepness of her characters than to getting more popular. This is my humble opinion. 

• Like 7

To be honest, I don’t remember visiting this thread since I’ve joined Soompi 15 years ago (LOL!)

But! I’ve followed SYJs work from The Classic, Crazy First Love, AMTR, April Snow, The Art of Seduction, Spellbound, Alone in Love, Personal Taste, Something in the Rain and now CLOY. 

I am not a super fan but I’m so happy to be here. 

I’ve sold a lot of my collectible K-Drama box sets this past 3 years and Alone in Love was one of them. 

Alone in Love was my fave drama with SYJ before CLOY happened. 

I appreciate her acting very much because I love melodramas lol!

I have yet to watch her most recent works (before CLOY). 

Anyways, see you all around! 

• Like 5
  • Love 2