Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Ratings got updated and it touched nearly 22%

So hyun bin magical words happened. He dreamt 22% and it nearly touched that. Only second cable drama to hit 20% ratings  a national hit . National hit is a drama which crosses 40% ( not cheap daily dramas but expensive miniseries ) and 20% on paid  tvn is like 40% on sbs. So yes it is national hit! National drama !  Thats why i was thinking how ratings came that fast. No wonder they miscalculated  back then. But now correct numbers came out.

21.683% is rounded off to 22% . Hyun bin's tongue is magical haha

194.399 ÷ 16 = 12.149%

So average of season is 12.15%

Congrats.   A hallyu blockbuster 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Let's not bring other actors and dramas ( i brought jjh bcoz she won award from same writer's work ). Personally i think she did fantastic job and  she deserves it. And cloy was amazing for me expect  ending. And its impact is everywhere. That is what counts in the end.

ohh but award, you have to compare with other works and other actors...you can not win it only with one drama and one actor. SYJ is good, other actors are good too. you have to choose from nominees that’s call award.

• Like 1

really hope this forum will still be active to keep up with syj’s upcoming projects! crash landing on you is my fav korean drama ever (although i’ve only watched several since i’m not a fan of kdramas) i love son ye jin so much now & am super excited for what’s to come for her! who else is in love with cloy finale? 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

I have fallen in love with SYJ through CLOY, I'm so sad I didn't watch her closer in her previous works. She just continues to shine in her own career path right now.

She is a smart, humble and talented woman/person/actress. I'm so happy she gets to do what she loves and receives so much love and praises from her colleagues, friends and fans.

This might sound crazy but I can't believe how good she is at crying. Her tears just flow and flow, she makes me want to cry with her too when she cries. And she still looks so beautiful crying (in some scenes in CLOY she looks like an innocent child), oh my who cannot fall head over heels for her? 

• Like 4
  • Love 4

I love the CLOY finale episode the last scene really makes me imagine BinJin life together awww so much happiness ( im also imagining that last scene by the hill when they kiss so last minute is adlib! Lol excuse my BinJin heart) 

And we got that KISS ( when they got reunited) though Yejin is too selfish lol her arms ( when he wrapped it around HB) kinda covered their lips but then HB getting intense there what can YJ do,  ofcourse she melt and had to hold on to him hahaha lol

if only will get that confirmation..but if not yet ..then ok ..ill just run back to netflix and press on repeat lol 

So glad a lot of people enjoyed Cloy in seoul and so many all over the world!!!! Im sure outside korea ratings is at highest lol! Here in my country we are trending every sat and sundays super popular here im so proud. Yes so many people are sad now feeling sepanx ( separation anxiety) my remedy is to go back here at this forum. Lets keep on update please

The after party observations i read here is making me happy thanks again, that hug from HB i will just take it that its him telling her we did a great job and the pat is im so proud of you we did well ( and we know how much amount of hard work they put on cloy  YJ even got sick) Again he keeps on showing his sweet side and yes his letting public know abt it ( he could have chosen not to give that hug and pat coz thats the norm on after party on kdram BUT NO! He went for it even knowing that a lot of people are observing them ( from the shouting on their kissing scene surely even the staff of cloy are kinda teasing them) I think part of HB and SY is enjoying all the teasing lol

And yes i saw from the video ( clearly even if its dark) she hid her head towards the back of HB cmon YJ im your fan since the beginning..Is that you girl!?!? lol  First time ive seen her act all giddy and shy, im too happy for her.  Now i will surely keep an eye on HB lol  Im just beginning lol 

#BinJinIsReal

#InGroceryWeTrust

• Like 5
  • Love 2

one thing i’m sad about is the obvious gender inequality. you can observe that many articles talk about hyunbin’s superb acting, dimples etc but all they talk about is son ye jin’s OUTFITS. + hyun bin is clearly way more talked about/ popular internationally and it makes me sad bc i just feel that son ye jin deserves a whole lot more recognition than she’s getting. can someone reassure me that she’s indeed getting the rewards she deserve?? hahaha 

btw not insinuating dislike towards hyunbin in any way i adore him & their chemistry. i’m just commenting on the situation in general.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

3 hours ago, yejincow said:

one thing i’m sad about is the obvious gender inequality. you can observe that many articles talk about hyunbin’s superb acting, dimples etc but all they talk about is son ye jin’s OUTFITS. + hyun bin is clearly way more talked about/ popular internationally and it makes me sad bc i just feel that son ye jin deserves a whole lot more recognition than she’s getting. can someone reassure me that she’s indeed getting the rewards she deserve?? hahaha 

btw not insinuating dislike towards hyunbin in any way i adore him & their chemistry. i’m just commenting on the situation in general.

SYJ is legendary for her acting skills and  beauty...she has so many awards for her acting it's crazy. very well deserved too.

HB is a man and most drama viewers are female so he's more popular I guess? Although both men and women adore them.

Don't worry, I think SYJ has tons of recognition/awards/rewards you can almost say it's an embarrassment of riches.

SYJ was number one on the most talked about drama actor list/ Nielson influencer tracking ever since CLOY started, even above HB

• Like 9
  • Love 5

5 hours ago, Kristen Son said:

SYJ is legendary for her acting skills and  beauty...she has so many awards for her acting it's crazy. very well deserved too.

HB is a man and most drama viewers are female so he's more popular I guess? Although both men and women adore them.

Don't worry, I think SYJ has tons of recognition/awards/rewards you can almost say it's an embarrassment of riches.

SYJ was number one on the most talked about drama actor list/ Nielson influencer tracking ever since CLOY started, even above HB

Agree, SYJ is super recognized in the drama/movie industry. If you look at her long list of awards, it's super impressive.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, yejincow said:

one thing i’m sad about is the obvious gender inequality. you can observe that many articles talk about hyunbin’s superb acting, dimples etc but all they talk about is son ye jin’s OUTFITS.

SYJ won triple crown in best actress awards in Korea, she is the only one actress who was born in 80s to win triple crown. 

And if you read previous posts, we post SYJ was listed number one actress in 2017 Box Office Magic Position, Song Kang-ho was top 1 in actor list. HB is not in the top 5. 

4IDwkc1.png

SYJ is a super star in Korean movie industry, HB is more in drama. SYJ's main focus is in movies. She is a true actor. I think you should watch more SYJ's movies, her movies are much much better than her dramas. CLOY is not a good work for me. Her masterpiece in drama is "Alone in Love"

sorry to HB fans. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

First time I listened to this

SYJ on radio in 20100223

https://narcissus09.pixnet.net/blog/post/30958792
두시탈출 컬투쇼
<틀리고 선물받자, 기습퀴즈~ Guest : 김범용 >
2월 23일(화)
- 흑궁비키 - 혼수로 가져간 아이와 함께
- 서문탁씨 - 니킥 공격 전문 장학생
- 손예진씨 - 김범용의 절친?
- 박상민씨 - 드디어 결혼하는 소수염 원조 

MC called out to Son Ye Jin

Duxi Talent Cultusho
Let's get the wrong gift, surprise quiz~ Guest: Kim Bum-yong.
Feb. 23 (Hwa)
- Black-goongbiki. - With a child who took it by himself.
- Mr. Seo Moon-tak. - A scholarship student specializing in your kick attack.
- Son Ye-jin. - Kim Bum-yong's best friend?
- Mr. Park Sang-min. - finally getting married with a minor salt aid.

• Like 3

“Crash Landing On You” Main Cast Bids Farewell To Drama And Picks Favorite Scenes

ezgif-3-d745dc64899c.gif

EQAEeEJUcAEcA_l?format=jpg&name=large

The scene chosen by Son Ye Jin was the part in episode 12 where Ri Jung Hyuk and Yoon Se Ri share a conversation over drinks. Relying on his tipsiness to gain confidence, Ri Jung Hyuk expressed his honest feelings to Yoon Se Ri, who was overjoyed by his words that almost seemed like a proposal. Viewers were captivated by their romantic atmosphere.

Son Ye Jin said, “I laughed a lot and cried a lot while acting as Yoon Se Ri. More than anything, I was very happy. I’m thankful to have been part of a project that will take up a very big part of my acting career, and I sincerely thank everyone who sent us love all this time.”

(1)

• Like 1
  • Love 4

21 hours ago, yejincow said:

Did u watch their live TOGT? The one for KakaoTv right after the presscon of CLOY. Anyways, that live was hard for me to watch ‘cause on the comments of the live seems like almost 70-80% of them were just send pics of HB, I just saw three times (I think) users sending pics of Yejin the other times were just pics of HB or of HB+SYJ but almost never they send of her alone :/ this just show that unfortunately you’re correct. On TvN website for example that’s a lot of Hyun Bin still cuts (wayyy more than of Yejin’s ) like both of them were the leads and me being a Yejin fan that made me very upset. Like u said I don’t have anything against HB and for me he was the partner that she had the best chemistry on-screen , the problem here it’s clearly the viewers. Let’s see if with CLOY she could finally gets the recognition that she always deserved.

SYJ always preferred and acted more on movies than on dramas and both internationally and nationally speaking dramas caught more attention of ppl. But now that CLOY it’s blockbuster I’m excited that my queen will shines even more and gaining a lot more of new fans :wub:.

Like I know that she’s (thankfully) recognized by her awards but I’m talking about the popularity in general.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

3 hours ago, Kyoya said:

Son Ye Jin said that we'll see her in a new drama soon. Wow, she's really working hard like a cow! I'm not sure though if it's going to be a movie or a new drama series... 

Drama she said. Point of drama is in korea , dramas can have even bigger budget than movies like cloy ,which was produced by studio dragon and i am sure they will offer her new drama, bcoz she is bankable and rating magnet.

Movie actor is prestigious  but in korea difference isn't much compared to hollywood or bollywood. Movie salaries are low , unless you invest because there is no concept of profit sharing .  Infact drama actors can walk away with more endorsements in korea where the real money is!

A 16 episode drama can pay an actress, the salary of 2 movies and more endorsement offers to actors. Because k drama even reaches more internationally than k movie. Like cloy which has become biggest hallyu hit in 3 years.. like jjh did more dramas with mlfts and lotbs in her second half of her career ,after a huge career as movie actress, i see same for son ye jin bcoz of more cf offers and bigger salary.  Good she is expanding her horizon. I hope she signs good scripts. I mean her movies have been always top blockbusters but her drama career has been always hit and miss. Even dire hard son ye jin fans will agree with this,  that her drama choices are not always good.

Technically cloy is her biggest hit in impact and the rating on cable channel. So why she would leave the oppprtunity when the iron is hot? She will do a drama bcoz it also gives more longevity when she enters her 40s in 2 years. She is a S tier actress, who will get best offers.

She will do more dramas as time passes but movies which offer her some worthy roles. Sad fact is movie offers are going to get reduced from now on as she is nearing her 40s. That is harsh fact for even top actresses.  They will do roles which  are good enough.  They can't play useless love interests and decoration. So dramas are better step for her now.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1