Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

@Deepakmahajan

You can just imagine the future movie, drama and  cf offers she must be getting right now with brands lining up for her. Starting third decade of her career with such a massive blockbuster

I'm really hope for that to happens. It really surprises me that Son Ye-jin name was most searched that HB on naver (because usually the male characters and the actors that got wayyy more famous than the females ones and the actress), so I'm hope that finally they will stop sleeping on the queen and give to her more opportunities and a lot of CF's as well :wub:,she's so underrated. I know that being famous on insta just means nothing but shes an amazing actress and just now that she hit the number of 1M of followers on instagram ( I know that idols are more famous than actress) but this thing always bothered me. I really hope that more and more ppl starts to follow SYJ works now after the success of CLOY, I want that she could have a rest after the drama but I'm praying that at this time she didn't take a long brake from dramas like before, because for me she always make any drama shine (even when the plot doesn't makes any sense).

• Like 2
  • Love 3

13 minutes ago, AnnieCheesecake said:

@Deepakmahajan

I'm really hope for that to happens. It really surprises me that Son Ye-jin name was most searched that HB on naver (because usually the male characters and the actors that got wayyy more famous than the females ones and the actress), so I'm hope that finally they will stop sleeping on the queen and give to her more opportunities and a lot of CF's as well :wub:,she's so underrated. I know that being famous on insta just means nothing but shes an amazing actress and just now that she hit the number of 1M of followers on instagram ( I know that idols are more famous than actress) but this thing always bothered me. I really hope that more and more ppl starts to follow SYJ works now after the success of CLOY, I want that she could have a rest after the drama but I'm praying that at this time she didn't take a long brake from dramas like before, because for me she always make any drama shine (even when the plot doesn't makes any sense).

Son Ye Jin is not underated in Korea maybe internationally, but in Korea she's massive. Really, she's really really huge star in Korea. 

I'm actually not surprised that she's always trending in naver than HyunBin even weibo sometimes she got trended bcos of how she cried beautifully. Like what I've said she's a mega star in South Korea international fans just don't feel it

• Like 8

3 hours ago, WeiShenV said:

Son Ye Jin is not underated in Korea maybe internationally, but in Korea she's massive. Really, she's really really huge star in Korea. 

I'm actually not surprised that she's always trending in naver than HyunBin even weibo sometimes she got trended bcos of how she cried beautifully. Like what I've said she's a mega star in South Korea international fans just don't feel it

Yeah I know that she's more famous on SK but still I hope that after CLOY she would be even more appreciated :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, cybertron said:

Screenshot-20200206-224557.jpg

Not sure whether this has been posted before.

She is the highest paid actress.

Thank you for this :wub:

To be honest even without a proof. I know she's the highest paid actress, because there's no way a Blockbuster actor isn't the highest paid. Movie actors always paid handsomely thrice the price, than drama actors  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, tenor889 said:

Ohhh Lee Eun Ju was there in 3:51-3:58, she is so beautiful~

Son Ye Jin had such a hard time when Lee Eun Ju passed away. She was filming April Snow at that time. You can feel her sadness through the movie.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thi2018 said:

Son Ye Jin had such a hard time when Lee Eun Ju passed away. She was filming April Snow at that time. You can feel her sadness through the movie.

I am going to watch April Snow tonight. by the way, I really like Lee Eun Ju, such a talented actor. 

from 0:00-1:44. showed well SYJ's position in Korean movie industry. also you can tell she is such a super star by MCs' attitude toward to her in this video. She is the only actress who were born in 80s to win triple crown best actress awards in Korea.

• Love 3

10 hours ago, AnnieCheesecake said:

Could someone please translate this? He’s talking about Yejin and her character, but no eng subs are available on that video :tears:.

I would be glad if someone could translate, thanks in advance :wub:.https://youtu.be/rCeRcCXRKos

Yang Kyung won - the name of the actor who plays Py Chi Su was very grateful for having a role in "Crash landing on you" and was able to work with Son Ye Jin who is veteran actress with lots of experience. He said he depends a lot on Seri who made him believe in the existence of his character. He also talked about how he should express his character so that it doesn't sound scripted when Seri and Py Chi Su met. He talked about the chemistry of F4 with Son Ye Jin. He said he is kind of a new actor in drama so this role is considered big for him. In general, he was just expressing his gratitude towards Son Ye Jin and for having a part of this drama.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

EP5ubWqUcAApX6p?format=jpg&name=large

Crash Landing viewer ratings – never before – in Son Ye Jin’s 20 years of drama history [credit rating]

[Tv report = reporter Park Hyeon Min]

tvN “Crashing Landing on You” is the 10th drama of actress Son Ye Jin. Unlike 21 movie projects she had taken since her debut, up until now, to keep drama from single digit ratings, she was carefully selected the 10th work. Besides, this is among the first cable drama she had done in her career.

As a lead actress for as long as 20 years, Son Ye Jin had responsibly produced stable ratings as looking back to her drama history.

Meanwhile, let’s put together in order her drama ratings:

EP5ubWrU8AAV0OO?format=jpg&name=large

credit: sonyejin_snowstars

10 dramas total in 20 years, the average peak viewer rating is 17.1%

The first major role she was starred in “Delicious Proposal” in 2001 which immediately made known to the name Son Ye Jin. As she took on the role of Jang Hee Moon (So Ji Sub)’s younger sister Jang Hee Ae, she was able to absorb the character of an overprotective daughter from a wealthy family. This drama produced the highest viewer rating of 30.9% (according to Nielson National Standard) through which she made a superior impression and captured public attention. As a result, Son Ye Jin took home the New Best Actress Awards at the MBC Drama Awards. Sun Hee and Jin Hee was broadcast the same year, Great Ambition in 2002-2003, Summer Scent 2003, with the highest viewer ratings recorded for each 15%, 27.7%, and 19.2% respectively. Son Ye Jin performed a “realistic slice of life drama,” which was easily connected by many, through “Alone in Love” in 2006. She was highly praised for showing realistic harmony with the actor from the hit movie “The King and The Clown” (2005), Kam Woo sung. The drama generated a buzz which resulted in the highest rating of 16.9%. Through this, she won the Top Excellence Actress and Top 10 Stars Awards at the SBS Drama Awards, and also Best TV Actress Awards at the 43rd Baeksang Arts Awards.

She completely broke out from her trademark image, pure and innocent, through 2008 “Spotlight” and 2010 “Personal Taste”, which were also well received with the highest recorded ratings of 13.2% and 13.1%, respectively. The collaboration with actor Kim Nam Gil in 2013 drama “Shark” recorded with the highest rating of 10.7%.

She received a lot of attention from making a surprise return to drama after 5 years through the JTBC drama “Something in the Rain”, with the highest rating recorded of 7.3%. Of all Son Ye Jin’s dramas, this remains the sole drama that received the score rating of less than 10%.  Note that this was broadcast by Comprehensive Program Channel which can be viewed through paid cable TV, not through the major terrestrial broadcasters, as the rating dropped further, it added to the dissatisfaction results as we see the trend of reduction in average rating pattern from each drama. In spite of that, she was highly praised and achieved the Outstanding Korean Actress at the 13th Seoul International Drama Awards Hallyu Drama Category, and held the Popularity Awards at the 2nd Seoul Awards.

EP5ubWqUEAAsq1-?format=jpg&name=large

credit: sonyejin_snowstars

#become increasingly growing on and falling for “crashlandingonyou”

The drama “Crash Landing on You” marked the first drama Son Ye Jin making a move towards tvN. This is practically a piece of work that she reunited with actor Hyun Bin after the movie ”Negotiation” in which their “blown way” chemistry was proven. With all the concerns about it being glorified North Korea Military, the drama is still breaking through and the viewership ratings continue to incline.

The audience rating was started at 6.1% for the 1st episode and soared to 15.9% on the 12th episode. Likewise, the drama continued to top rankings of most buzzworthy dramas from December 2019 to January 2020 and topped Content Power Index (CPI) in the 3rd week of January. In January 2020, Gallup Korea released the results of a new poll measuring the popularity of TV programming and Crash Landing on You earned the highest proportion as the most favorite TV show, its audience rating was much higher in comparison to the ones in similar category.

Crash Landing on You is written by the power writer Park Ji Eun who is also the author of “Queen of housewives,” “My Love from the Star,” and “The Producers.” According to Son Ye Jin “when I saw the synopsis, I thought that the idea was fanciful in a way that it is especially appealing and amusing. It was interesting. I had a lot of fun reading the script.” Certainly, to fully bring the inner character of Yoon Seri to life from the script obviously requires the acting power of actress Son Ye Jin.

#Crashlandingonyou, tvN Saturday/Sunday drama what will be the final ranking?

Let’s look back to the tvN Saturday/Sunday 2017 drama “Stranger.” The drama achieved the highest rating of 6.6% as the results of the combination of Cho Seung Woo and Bae Doona and the solid storyline, which marked the first successful Sat/Sun drama by tvN, and followed by other works with box office hit with ratings over 10% such as “Mr. Sunshine” released in 2018 with the highest rating of 18.1%, 2019 “Memories of Albramha” 10%, 2019 “Hotel Del Luna” 12%. Others were not as successful. As in the case of “Melting me Softly,” which was taken over by “Crash Landing on You” in the same time slot, had a lower viewer rating of 3.2%. The drama “Arthdal Chronicles”, one of the biggest Korean production ever having cost a huge budget to make, failed to live up to expectations and to score good ratings as anticipated.

It is not surprised to see the ratings of “Crash Landing on You” getting this far. They continue to rise steadily in line with top rankings of most buzzworthy dramas, and are getting closer to “Mr. Sunshine,” which had the highest rating of 18.1%, with only 2.2% behind. With only 4 episodes remaining, the viewers’ interests became spiced up with the sweet romance of Ri Jung Hyeok who crossed over to South Korea in order to protect Yoon Se Ri, and as a result the attention is focusing on whether this could potentially create a new leader in the viewership records.

(1)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

0004514112_001_20200208110901700.jpg

Hyun Bin Gets Nervous About Surprising Son Ye Jin With A Gift On “Crash Landing On You”

tvN’s “Crash Landing on You” has shared a glimpse of a sweet moment between Hyun Binand Son Ye Jin!

On the latest episode of the drama, Yoon Se Ri (played by Son Ye Jin) was heartbroken after mistakenly thinking that Ri Jung Hyuk (played by Hyun Bin) had returned to North Korea. After seeing Yoon Se Ri’s emotional distress, Ri Jung Hyuk embraced her and comforted her, even as he faced his impending departure from South Korea.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Ri Jung Hyuk hides something behind his back as he approaches Yoon Se Ri with an uncharacteristically nervous expression on his face—piquing viewers’ curiosity as to what the gift in his hands might be.

Meanwhile, Yoon Se Ri appears to have caught onto the fact that Ri Jung Hyuk has prepared a surprise gift for her, and she expectantly holds out her hands as she beams up at him with an excited smile.

To find out what Ri Jung Hyuk’s mysterious gift for Yoon Se Ri is, tune in to the next episode of “Crash Landing on You” on February 8 at 9 p.m. KST!

(1)

• Like 1
  • Love 2