Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Personally I think the reason they said that Ye Jin got the offer first in March is just to make people think their US trip is for the drama and therefore emphasise their relationship as platonic which I highly doubt. At the end the truth will be unveiled. In the meantime I think we just sit back, enjoy their drama and many more wonderful things coming with it. 

• Like 4

It doesn't matter to me that Ye Jin got the offer first and it didn't show that they went to US for the drama.

Firstly, before Hyun Bin news which is March, could be February, after her US trip.

Secondly, even if Ye Jin was offered the role before January ( their trip ), at that time, Hyun Bin was still filming Alhambra. It didn't really make sense to me that they offered him a new drama script from the same broadcast station while he was still filming their current one. Then with that logic, at the time of US trip, just Ye Jin was offered the role.

Besides, for traditional casting news of Korean dramas, it should be at least one news from either male or female main which should be released at the same time as they got the offer. The latter can be adjusted due to PR. Like with the news of Kim Eun Suk new drama, casting of Kim Go Eun was released few days after there was news that she was offered the role ( and I don't think they need to lie about it if they had offered her the role long time ago). 

In this case, It was no use offering both of them before January and then released the news that Park Ji Eun was checking and in talk with Hyun Bin about his schedule in March. Especially when they already kind of adjusted the the time of releasing Ye Jin's one (which in April).

Even if they were offered before their trip, it really didn't make sense to me that they would meet in US just for the discussion of drama. They could do it in Korea  It was stated that this trip was personal and relaxing trip, why would they use so many days ( at least 4) to meet and talk about the drama? And if it was true, then the acquaintances in the news could be the Write and Director? They haven't worked together before and for the first project, they flew far away to US to meet up?

One more thing to notice that for Negotiation, Director Lee Jong Suk revealed that when he just arrived in US (his home was there) he was informed that Ye Jin and Hyun Bin had accepted the roles and he had to head back to Korea for discussion.

So with this one, for the discussion of a drama they haven't accepted, flying far away to US for it? It's a No No for me.

Did all stuff above make sense lol

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Right now,i just cant wait to see BTS clip,still image,the script reading,the pc,and the drama itself..

And maybe another photoshoot for these two...

Regarding their personal life.

I just can wish that they will get married next year.

If they are not in relationship which is i doubt it,at least they have a drama that i can enjoy and watch all over again.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Hi all, it’s nice to find this thread of Yejin and members who support her project with Hyunbin.

Actually, I’m lowkey shipper of them since I watched some The Negotiation press conference and promotion videos.

But for now, whether they’re dating or not, I’m happy enough they can do the drama together, finally. 

It doesn’t matter to me whether yejin & hyunbin went to US related to their project or not and who received the drama offer first. Even the other shipper claimed hyunbin went to US because of another reason. At least, they were together at that time, it’s a fact. :D

I just want to say it’s possible if the actor/actress in Korea industry receive the drama offer while still filming the current one. Park Min Young received the offer for her current drama HPL from tvN while she’s still filming Secretary Kim. But the news just came up early this year. It’s just a sample.

One thing I hope for the drama is, yejin-hyunbin agencies won’t ask tvN to release limited BTS clips because of their dating rumor. It happened once with the other rumor couple and I hope it won’t happen again. :)

• Like 3
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, cybertron said:

They both are the big name in the industry.

I am sure,even without dating rumor,people still excited if they pair up in a drama..

Especially they dont hv lovey dovey scene in Nego..

They dont need that cheap way to promote drama..

Totally agree...In the future I may be able to accept and believe that HB & SYJ did not or were never in a romantic liaison if further evidence comes up that says so, BUT I will NEVER believe that both of them staged this rumor for PR purposes for an upcoming project or for HB to deflect attention on him to cover a scandal involving a male talent in his agency (the latter I read somewhere in some IG posts maybe from a disgruntled shipper of another team). The latter speculation is a great insult to the upright character of HB. Why would HB "use" SYJ for such a reason just to save his hoobae/talent in his agency? HB has high respect for SYJ as a woman and an actress as can be clearly seen in his interviews and videos. As for the former speculation (PR purposes for the drama to garner interest & attention), granting there is truth that they're just friends and not dating, would SYJ allow herself to be "used" in such cheap gimmickry just to create noise and interest for one project risking herself be forever "branded" as HB's woman? I don't think so. No self-respecting woman would. SYJ and HB are not has-been actors but are in fact in the peak of their careers so they don't need to play deceptive games just to further their careers. 

3 hours ago, endensia said:

But for now, whether they’re dating or not, I’m happy enough they can do the drama together, finally. 

It doesn’t matter to me whether yejin & hyunbin went to US related to their project or not and who received the drama offer first. Even the other shipper claimed hyunbin went to US because of another reason. At least, they were together at that time, it’s a fact. :D

One thing I hope for the drama is, yejin-hyunbin agencies won’t ask tvN to release limited BTS clips because of their dating rumor. It happened once with the other rumor couple and I hope it won’t happen again. :)

Hi, I was a lowkey shipper before too. But when the news came out that HB & SYJ were in talks to be together in this TVN drama first week of April, I had to come out and decided to post. That news really shook me up. I can't explain fully why I felt how "monumental" such "step" coming from HB and SYJ was in considering such offer despite being headlined in romantic "scandal" which garnered so much attention in Korea... 

As to your concern above, I have thought of that too. Judging by how quiet and lowkey YJ has been in her IGs, she is really reclusive and protective of her privacy (and HB is notoriously the same), I wouldn't be surprised if what you say may come true. I even noticed that while her BFFs Gong Hyojin and Um Jeewon had travels abroad this month of May w/ them posting pics of their meetups w/ girl-friends, YJ is nowhere to be found in any of them considering that she's also "vacant" workwise. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Lastly and because I've often wondered these past months if they are still okay, one thing we can glean from their confirmation, HB and YJ's closeness has not changed. Otherwise, they wouldn't have accepted such project together. It would be too awkward considering that this time they would work in such close proximity given the romantic genre of the drama.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I hope their drama won't have a sad ending. I feel like its possible since she is from SK and he's from NK. and she is also filthy rich.The script sounds so predictable. I heard the writer's works are controversy.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, thi2018 said:

I hope their drama won't have a sad ending. I feel like its possible since she is from SK and he's from NK. and she is also filthy rich.The script sounds so predictable. I heard the writer's works are controversy.  

maybe thats why some people said the genre is romantic melodrama.

So,i guess both genre that HB wished for them during Nego promo will be this drama.

Romantic Comedy + Melodrama.

Why controversy and which drama is controversy?

I dont know her other work.

But i really enjoy MLFAS and LOTBS..

• Like 3

6 hours ago, cybertron said:

I heard after the success of mldas,  this writer wanted to make another successful drama and wrote lotbs which had the mermaid theme and the plot just didn't make sense.  I didn't watch lotbs because I was waiting to watch the whole thing but when the drama ended, I read so many negative comments about it to I let it pass. Though I enjoyed mlfas,  I loved the villain than the main characters.  He was super psycho. I mean I dreamed of hb and yj in the same drama, but hope they won't get criticize if the writing is not good. I will watch them for anything but I really want this drama to turn out successful or else people will say she has bad taste in choosing a drama.

• Insightful 1

2 minutes ago, thi2018 said:

I heard after the success of mldas,  this writer wanted to make another successful drama and wrote lotbs which had the mermaid theme and the plot just didn't make sense.  I didn't watch lotbs because I was waiting to watch the whole thing but when the drama ended, I read so many negative comments about it to I let it pass. Though I enjoyed mlfas,  I loved the villain than the main characters.  He was super psycho. I mean I dreamed of hb and yj in the same drama, but hope they won't get criticize if the writing is not good. I will watch them for anything but I really want this drama to turn out successful or else people will say she has bad taste in choosing a drama.

Actually,i wished HB & SYJ have a realistic drama.Kinda like Pretty Noona.

No chaebol.Just ordinary poeple,ordinary job.

But it’s okay.

As long as they have a drama together,i wont compaint anything.

And yes,i wish their drama become huge successful like mlfas,dots and goblin..

• Like 2

On 5/24/2019 at 10:45 AM, thi2018 said:

Yes agreed!

roughly translated

Early this year’s dating rumor… with an acting project on top of it.

Actors Hyun Bin (37) and Son Ye Jin both are in the same age who will be acting together after the dating rumors.

On May 22, they confirmed to act in “The crash landing of love”, a new series written by writer Park Ji Eun, which will be broadcast in November.  With the background of South and North Korea, “The crash landing of love” will draw a love story of a North Korean military officer (Hyun Bin) who falls in love while guarding a chaebol’s heiress (Son Ye Jin). This is the second time they work together after the movie “Negotiation” in 2018.

Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin were caught in the heat of dating rumors twice in January. As they confirmed to participate in the new project, this had become suspicious by many.

Both sides denied it. Hyun Bin’s agency said “the actor has thoroughly reviewed and carefully decided to join the drama due to many aspects.” Son Ye Jin, who received the proposal before Hyun Bin, said “the decision to appear in the drama was not affected by the dating rumors.” She further explained “the decision was made based on the attractively fresh and brilliant role and the drama was written by the acclaimed writer.”

After the movie “Confidential Assignment” in 2017, actor Hyun Bin once again plays North Korean military officer. It is expected that he will continue to show masculine side through tough actions from “Confidential Assignment” to “The crash landing of love”. The character is expected to be “attractive and skillful.” For Son Ye Jin, this will be the most dazzling role she ever had since her debut. As an heiress of the chaebol family, she will be glamorous from head to toe.      

sounds pretty good i cant wait to see this drama :D

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2019 at 1:44 PM, cybertron said:

maybe thats why some people said the genre is romantic melodrama.

So,i guess both genre that HB wished for them during Nego promo will be this drama.

Romantic Comedy + Melodrama.

I'd like that - romantic melodrama. I wouldn't want it to be too cutesy that it borders on being silly. Might have something to do with my age though. But, to cater to those who abhor to very serious and overly dramatic scenes, I would appreciate that there be some light moments too. as I seriously want this drama to be a great success ratings-wise and in the awards department too.

Actually aside from MLFAS & LOTBS, I've watched 4 of this writer's other works and I liked them all. They were not fantasy-themed as I never had a taste for such genre. Pretty reassuring that you've seen both and liked them. Now, I'm counting the days when November comes and am so looking forward to their press cons, bts, & interviews. I'm just wondering if they'll not be too guarded then unlike their Negotiation promos when they were just so spontaneous and carefree w/ their actions & statements.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cybertron said:

Yejin soooo pretty at Ganeshi event today.

She's so breathtakingly beautiful and dazzling. White really suits her. And the fact that she radiates such warmth and elegance at the same time w/o any effort on her part is what fascinates me the most about her through the years. It just comes naturally from her. And looking at this pic, she seems so glowing and at peace. It must really be true when they say that a woman glows differently when she's treated right and loved properly.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, cybertron said:

Yejin soooo pretty at Ganeshi event today.

Is it a from today? I notice a very simple gold band on her ring finger (left hand). Does she usually wear it or is it new?

Edited by domi.w.1914
typo
  • Like 2

the same happened with Kim Nam gil and her when they're in Shark and Pirates. Rumours about dating surfaced but nothing was confirmed. i also dont think KNG did that for some PR stunt nor SYJ. was that really true (about they dating)?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, maeve23 said:

the same happened with Kim Nam gil and her when they're in Shark and Pirates. Rumours about dating surfaced but nothing was confirmed. i also dont think KNG did that for some PR stunt nor SYJ. was that really true (about they dating)?

u mean HB - SYJ same like KNG-SYJ?

like i said before,i dont think they are dating.

maybe KNG like her but from her side,i dont think so...

they are more like sibling just like SYJ and SJS.

and if im not mistaken,KNG-SYJ dating surfaced while they are filming Pirates..

And they never got caught like that grocery shopping with HB..

HB & SYJ dating surface when they dont hv any work together..

And as i remember,with KNG both gives statement about their rumor personally.

But HB & SYJ,only their agencies give the statement.

Last yr interview,SYJ still mention about her rumor with KNG.

I dont think she will mention his name if they used to date each other..

• Like 4

6 hours ago, domi.w.1914 said:

Is it a from today? I notice a very simple gold band on her ring finger (left hand). Does she usually wear it or is it new?

i think this is the second time she wear it.

The first time during nego promo..

and it is from Ganeshi collection.

• Like 3