Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Hi i have been following postings here ..i love this group i share most of the opinions..most recently about the "romance dating of syj and hyunbin"..I Am a believer! Lol coz it is so obvious! Cmon! ...let me just say Im a huge SYJ fan been for so long coz she a great actress and so pretty anyway decided to join now coz its really happening my girl syj has fallen in lovemy heart is overjoyed..i keep on thinking that if they confirm the drama ..my bet of them being real couple is more evident..well the photo of them grocery shopping is very convincing as it is...and their actions afterwards...both of them being so quite .. and for me they made effort to be low key afterwards, not to be seen together, syj looking ackward at the mediheal event,  which if they are just friends they can just chat ( negotiation movie and promotions and US met up is most recent so its unusual that no photos of them greeting or chatting in that event)  and not look ackward....they could just make fun of the rumors address the grocery shopping incident innocently as they are supposed to be "close friends" who met at the US... but they did not...and then syj not accepting a lot of offered projects ( i think she is really seriously considering settling down) ..not posting on her ig ( she loves to post random pics but she has not for a while) ....I think their actions  is really because they personally dont want to deny or lie abt their relationship but they are not at the liberty  to admit, atleast as of this time,  maybe as respect to their agency or the people whom they worked with for so long.  and then now accepting this drama  ..im guesing these two accepted this drama so they can be together and media will not be suspicious  abt them ..oh anyhow this is getting so long coz im sooo happy of the news ..just grateful that they are willing to share to us their romance thru the drama ( im pretty sure lots of lovey dovey scenes will be so real hehehe) ...meantime ill keep on reading postings here to share the joy. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Great news about the drama...Although not unexpected!

I am a believer too. Their interactions during the promotion of their movie, the comments from their movie director, the IG pictures  (how could no nonsense shy HB agree to have these cheesy animated selfies been published if he is not smitten by her? ), their vacation in US, SYJ total silence the last months (last picture on IG from Feb.26th) and now a project together (which allows them to be legitimally and publicly together). 

Looking forward to this drama. HB as a serious officer and SYJ as a goofy heiress?

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Fans have been on edge for the announcement of SYJ and HB's new project. Numerous reports state that the pair has agreed to star in Love's Crash Landing. However, the source of the confirmation is the production company and not either star's agency. I checked the MSTeam site and there is no announcement. Unless the stars are extremely cautious until contracts are officially signed, one would think they would be happy to confirm the project. Production companies have often jumped the gun on announcements to show potential cast members the popularity of the show idea.  Also,  stars pull out when contract terms cannot be finalized. I also note that a few international fan sites have cheered for the pairing but panned the premise of the series. We shall see.

• Thanks 2

The plot sounds really interesting to me because there are many potential synopsis can be developed. They can have suspension (Rich South Korean heiress in The middle of NOrth Korea, the officer has to hide the heiress’s identity to protect her), comic & bickering (heiress vs plain/poor officer), and finally heartfelt romance. The writer’s work sometimes is controversial but always fun to watch. The director is one of the best, he can do either action/ thriller or romance dramas. Lastly, needless to say more about the actors’ acting skills & chemistry. I think it is gonna be a hit.

I have no doubt about the confirmation since the news has broken on all of reliable media outlets. The agencies will confirm it soon.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

yes..i hv no doubt for this time confirmation since soompi and allkpop also post about this...

i like the plot as well...

since the story about the officer will hide and protect the heiress, i guess there will be a llloooooottttt of scenes with just two of them together...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, domi.w.1914 said:

Great news about the drama...Although not unexpected!

I am a believer too. Their interactions during the promotion of their movie, the comments from their movie director, the IG pictures  (how could no nonsense shy HB agree to have these cheesy animated selfies been published if he is not smitten by her? ), their vacation in US, SYJ total silence the last months (last picture on IG from Feb.26th) and now a project together (which allows them to be legitimally and publicly together). 

Looking forward to this drama. HB as a serious officer and SYJ as a goofy heiress?

Agree! Hyunbin was even looking very happy in those video selfies of them..then theres those  gentleman sweet moves of hyunbin during promotion, the way they look at each other ..and dont forget the observation of the hostage taker who acted with them .. all these are enough for me to believe...this drama will be the ultimate romance feels for k drama.  Meantime will keep watch and so excited for the ist script reading...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Totally into the plot, it sounds so fun, not to say I was already into this couple for a long time. I'm extremely happy. Same here, I have no doubt that this is the official confirmation of their drama. The wait time was draining me out. But it was worth the wait :) Now lets see how their love story unfolds...

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, cybertron said:

what is the genre for this drama.

As far as i know,it is romcom..

but some said romance..

some said romance melodrama..

It’s a romantic comedy, so romance plus comic & probably some action. It’s definitely not a melodrama. 

• Like 2

I've wanted a Hyun Bin, Son Ye Jin pairing in a romantic comedy for so long! It's finally happening and the story sounds amazing too!  HB played a North Korean in the CA movie and he was amazing in it!

• Like 3

SYJ's agency just posted a statement on its web site. It states:

Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin are confident that they will appear in Park Ji-eun's new work, 'Love's crash (gaese)'.
Park Ji-eun, who wrote the drama "You from the Stars" and "The Legend of the Blue Sea," enthused the long-awaited drama fans, and added news of TVN, Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin's appearances in the second half of this year. There is interest.

The headline and link references a Naver TV article which is sourced from another media web page which used the word "confirmed."

It is odd that the agency is saying the actors are "confident" that they will appear in this drama, but the agency does not say

they are committed to or will star in the series, since on the same day when the agency confirmed that Lee Min Jung would star in a new MBC drama.

My educated guess is that HB and SYJ verbally said they would do the drama, but the contract details and schedules have not been finalized.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, bichngoc93 said:

@welh If you were talking about this announcement, it stated clearly that they have confirmed to join the drama which is 확정, not confident 

http://www.msteam.co.kr/starcast/0201a_starmagzine_read.asp?category=broad&subcatrgory=yejin&intnum=423

Yes agreed!

15 hours ago, cybertron said:

can someone help to translate this..

did they mention about their rumor?

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000733614

roughly translated

Early this year’s dating rumor… with an acting project on top of it.

Actors Hyun Bin (37) and Son Ye Jin both are in the same age who will be acting together after the dating rumors.

On May 22, they confirmed to act in “The crash landing of love”, a new series written by writer Park Ji Eun, which will be broadcast in November.  With the background of South and North Korea, “The crash landing of love” will draw a love story of a North Korean military officer (Hyun Bin) who falls in love while guarding a chaebol’s heiress (Son Ye Jin). This is the second time they work together after the movie “Negotiation” in 2018.

Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin were caught in the heat of dating rumors twice in January. As they confirmed to participate in the new project, this had become suspicious by many.

Both sides denied it. Hyun Bin’s agency said “the actor has thoroughly reviewed and carefully decided to join the drama due to many aspects.” Son Ye Jin, who received the proposal before Hyun Bin, said “the decision to appear in the drama was not affected by the dating rumors.” She further explained “the decision was made based on the attractively fresh and brilliant role and the drama was written by the acclaimed writer.”

After the movie “Confidential Assignment” in 2017, actor Hyun Bin once again plays North Korean military officer. It is expected that he will continue to show masculine side through tough actions from “Confidential Assignment” to “The crash landing of love”. The character is expected to be “attractive and skillful.” For Son Ye Jin, this will be the most dazzling role she ever had since her debut. As an heiress of the chaebol family, she will be glamorous from head to toe.      

• Love 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, cybertron said:

So,yejin got the offer first??

i thought HB got offer first,on early March..

Then on early April,the news about yejin got an offer too..

Yeah..i read it too..so when actually YJ got the offer??after they came back from US rite?

do u think their trip to US is because of the drama?

but when YJ received the role, no news about it right...it exploded when HB received the offered...

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, stardust8 said:

Yeah..i read it too..so when actually YJ got the offer??after they came back from US rite?

do u think their trip to US is because of the drama?

but when YJ received the role, no news about it right...it exploded when HB received the offered...

i personally still think that HB got the offer first.

i dont know,i just feel like that..

other shipper also said they went to US for this drama and just PR for this drama.

Do u think TVN will allow HB went to US for his upcoming drama while MoTA still airing that time?

I hope they will filming at the other country, not US B)...

Why the cast need to go there?

isnt it is the writer/pd job to survey the location etc??

Ok,what about MoTA?

Did HB  went to Granada before they start filming?

Ok let say they went there for the drama..

Just let say (i doubt it),what about their sparkle,their affection,they flirt with each other during promo...

And what about all 6 silly selfies clips on Yejin’s ig?

And what about Yejin’s birthday?

Why so quiet during her birthday,unlike before,she always celebrate her bday with her 7 cinderella group.

And dont forget that people also spotted them together on Nov as well..

They both are the big name in the industry.

I am sure,even without dating rumor,people still excited if they pair up in a drama..

Especially they dont hv lovey dovey scene in Nego..

They dont need that cheap way to promote drama..

• Like 2
  • Love 1