Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

16 hours ago, cybertron said:

So,HB didnt attend that wedding?

Yejin looks like she gained weight.

I like her new look...Beautiful..with that long hair..

i think HB is too busy with his fan meetings. His costar from the Swindlers attended her wedding, maybe he came back door :) I don't think Yejin gained weight. I think its her outfit. It is puffy because of the sleeves and her pants are way too high on her waist that make her look a little chubby. Lee Jung Hyun is so sweet. she mentioned Yejin and Hyojin during her speech. She remembers them even on her special day. I wish she will have 3 kids like she said.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, cybertron said:

What about pirates 2.

I read at Binnie Jinnie FB,KNG declined it?

and the company confirmed Yejin in it?

It said the production is temporarily stopped because they need more time for casting. Kim Nam Gil and Yoo Hae Jin declined to appear in Pirates 2 due to scheduling. Son Ye Jin and Lee Kwang Soo planned to appear in this movie so I think they are trying to find the replacement. I haven't read the original article. I'll let you know if anything different.

It's really a sad news. I really want them to reunite. They were so funny and entertained in Pirates 1. I guess this could be good for Yejin to accept the drama with huyn bin.

• Thanks 2

Kim Nam Gil Turns Down “The Pirates” Sequel + Lotte Entertainment Responds To Halted Production Reports

The Pirates: Goblin’s Flag” (working title) will be taking time to reorganize as several actors from the original cast of the first movie have decided not to appear in the sequel.

Despite Yoo Hae Jin turning down the offer to appear in the sequel, things were running smoothly with Lee Kwang Soo joining the cast. After reports stated that investment companies temporarily halted production once Kim Nam Gil decided not to feature in the film, a source from Lotte Entertainment responded, “It’s true that Kim Nam Gil, who starred in ‘The Pirates,’ turned down appearing in the sequel. There is no change to Lee Kwang Soo and Son Ye Jin being cast. Production has not been suspended. We are planning to start filming after [a time of] reorganization.”

“The Pirates,” released in 2014, had great box office success, surpassing 8.6 million admissions. The film is about pirates searching for the royal seal of the Chosun dynasty that was swallowed by a whale ghost. With the great success of the first movie, there were high hopes for the sequel as well.

Lotte Entertainment, which was the film investment and distribution company for “The Pirates,” also decided to undertake the sequel. At the 24th Busan International Film Festival held on October 2018, Lotte Entertainment even announced the sequel as one of the films they will be premiering in 2019, raising attention for the movie. Fans of the first movie were excited for the announcement that the sequel is to be made five years after the premiere of the first film.

soompi 

23 minutes ago, cybertron said:

They can cast HB,so its easy for both HB & Yejin to arrange their schedule for drama and movie:lol:...

Seriously,i hope Pirates 2 wont be the reason Yejin decline the drama offer...

Im nervous to know the result...:tired:

me too, I'm not happy about this news. I think kng would fit better in Pirates 2 though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

That's sad news that KNG backed out. I enjoyed Pirates 1 & was looking forward to its sequel. What could be his reason?... But on the other hand, not gonna lie, if they get HB instead, then I'd be over the moon w/ happiness. But is HB's schedule still free/vacant? As cybertron said, the production companies would have an easier time synchronizing SYJ and HB's schedules for the projects if they both starred in Pirates 1 & the drama.

• Like 2

Im praying hard yejin already accept the drama..

If the production really want Yejin to be in Pirates,they have to wait for her..

Its not she wait for them and decline another offer since they also dont have exact date to start filming...

Hope HB can confirm both accepted the drama in his fm this Saturday..

Pleeaaseeee...:tired:

• Like 2

Anyone thinks KNG perhaps avoided to star in this film because of Ye Jin? They both denied but I still think they were an item back in 2013-2014. They got great chemistry. I like him too, he is very funny. Just not as good looking as HB :P

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Just now, VivianWww said:

Anyone thinks KNG perhaps avoid to star in this one because of Ye Jin? They both denied but I still think they were an item back in 2013-2014. They got great chemistry. I like him too, he is very funny. Just not as good looking as HB :P

i like them too but i dont think they were together.

Because yejin mention about their rumor in her interview last year..

I dont know but for me personally,i think its not a good thing to mention it again after 5 yrs if its were true..

And when i watch their clips again,i feel the same when i watch her with sjs...

• Like 3

13 hours ago, firstaid said:

That's sad news that KNG backed out. I enjoyed Pirates 1 & was looking forward to its sequel. What could be his reason?... But on the other hand, not gonna lie, if they get HB instead, then I'd be over the moon w/ happiness. But is HB's schedule still free/vacant? As cybertron said, the production companies would have an easier time synchronizing SYJ and HB's schedules for the projects if they both starred in Pirates 1 & the drama.

I think Pirates 2’s role does not suit HB much so I don’t think they’ll cast him or he’ll accept it if they do. My only hope for their collaboration is the drama. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, cybertron said:

I dont know but for me personally,i think its not a good thing to mention it again after 5 yrs if its were true..

I read that interview too and I feel quite strange she brought it up. I think KNG clearly liked Ye Jin very much, her response was slightly more subtle. But it’s just how I felt when I saw their interactions with each other. Anw it’s all in the past and it’s hard to confirm now whether it’s true or not.

With SJS for me it’s absolute nothing more than brother-sister kind of vibe.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, VivianWww said:

Anyone thinks KNG perhaps avoided to star in this film because of Ye Jin? They both denied but I still think they were an item back in 2013-2014. They got great chemistry. I like him too, he is very funny. Just not as good looking as HB :P

Your question leaves me wondering now too. We can only speculate now... Yup KNG is a great guy too as he's very carefree & humorous. Plus he's a good actor. Both him & HB are goodlooking but HB though is more manly & quite mysterious for me. Maybe that's why comparing their clips/interviews now, judging by SYJ's body language & eyes, I can see that she's more attracted to HB. With KNG she acts more like how she was with So Jisub. With HB her eyes parkles when she looks/glances at him & when their eyes meet. Her vids w/ HB on her own IG in particular are big revelations. She just seems different there. 

9 hours ago, VivianWww said:

I read that interview too and I feel quite strange she brought it up. I think KNG clearly liked Ye Jin very much, her response was slightly more subtle. But it’s just how I felt when I saw their interactions with each other. Anw it’s all in the past and it’s hard to confirm now whether it’s true or not.

With SJS for me it’s absolute nothing more than brother-sister kind of vibe.

I'm sure many men have been eyeing SYJ for years now. They just don't know how to win her or have a hard time on how to do it. And as she's got a very high standard, potential suitors/admirers have a hard getting on the first base. Plus, given her stature in the business, only those who are confident and successful themselves would have the guts to pursue her. Otherwise, they would only feel “small” in the relationship if ever. 

9 hours ago, cybertron said:

Yes, I too remember reading that interview of her last year when she categorically said that she has never fallen in love with any of her past leading men. 

• Like 4
  • Unamused 1

21 minutes ago, firstaid said:

Your question leaves me wondering now too. We can only speculate now... Yup KNG is a great guy too as he's very carefree & humorous. Plus he's a good actor. Both him & HB are goodlooking but HB though is more manly & quite mysterious for me. Maybe that's why comparing their clips/interviews now, judging by SYJ's body language & eyes, I can see that she's more attracted to HB. With KNG she acts more like how she was with So Jisub. With HB her eyes parkles when she looks/glances at him & when their eyes meet. Her vids w/ HB on her own IG in particular are big revelations. She just seems different there. 

I'm sure many men have been eyeing SYJ for years now. They just don't know how to win her or have a hard time on how to do it. And as she's got a very high standard, potential suitors/admirers have a hard getting on the first base. Plus, given her stature in the business, only those who are confident and successful themselves would have the guts to pursue her. Otherwise, they would only feel “small” in the relationship if ever. 

Yes, I too remember reading that interview of her last year when she categorically said that she has never fallen in love with any of her past leading men. 

That's why many were shocked when she had dating news with Hyunbin lol. Everyone was expecting that she would have 'something' with So jisub or Jung haein, whom she had shared intimate and romantic scenes with. As opposed to them, her interactions w/ Hyunbin didnt have skinship. So I think if they have really developed feelings for each other, it's because their personalities match and he has met her standards.

• Like 6