Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe I’m one of the few that wasn’t shocked by the news?When I’m curious about actors’ relationship, I tend not to look at their interaction on screen because it’s acting. I focus more on their real

Hi everyone. Came here after watching CLOY and being blown away by SYJ's amazing acting!  She was so great at both the comedy (loved all the scenes with the North Koreans, the ajummas and the boys, as

[News] 2018.09.27 Son Ye Jin Nominated for Grand Prize by 2018 APAN Star Awards

42608064_297193900878914_464721130784030

 

Grand Prize (Daesang) Nominees 

 

Kim Nam Joo  (Misty)

Son Ye Jin (Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food)

Lee Byung Hun (Mr. Sunshine)

Lee Sun Kyun  (My Ahjusshi)

Jo Seung Woo  (Life)

 

 

K-Star  / Korean Star (female)

 

Kim Min Jung (Mr. Sunshine )

Kim Tae Ri  (Mr. Sunshine )

Park Min Young (Why Secretary KIM)

Bae Suzy (While You Were Sleeping )

Son Ye Jin (Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food)

IU  (My Ahjusshi)

 

Source

Link to post
Share on other sites

[Negotiation] 2018.09.30 Stage Greetings

 

[Instagram] 2018.09.30 Son Ye Jin updated her personal IG 

 
Caption Trans: Everyone in filmmaking production has worked so hard...Many fans welcomed from the audience every time in many theaters...Inspirational letters...Thank you so much...Everyone of you who met in the theaters greeted us with bright smiles even in moments of exhaustion during the stage greetings. ..Thank you...I love you...Our Negotiation Team attentively tried to negotiate! ! I love everyone of you...abundantly touched (emotionally overwhelmed )...

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

[News] 2018.09.30 Son Ye Jin Nominated for Best Actress in Film and Drama By 2018 The Seoul Awards

sub-mid-ove.jpg

 

The award ceremony, which is now in its second year, honors achievements in film and television dramas. Only films and dramas that were released between October 2017 and September 2018 were eligible to be considered for this year’s awards.

 

In addition to the categories listed below, there will also be a special Hallyu Artist Award, as well as a Special Acting Award and several Popularity Awards.

 

The Seoul Awards 2018 will air live on SBS on October 27 at 6 p.m. KST.

 

Best Actress (Drama)

Kim Sun Ah — “Should We Kiss First”

Kim Nam Joo — “Misty”

Son Ye Jin — “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food”

Shin Hye Sun — “My Golden Life”

 

Best Actress (Film)

Kim Hee Ae — “Her Story”

Kim Yeo Jin — “Last Child”

Son Ye Jin — “Negotiation,” “Be With You”

Park Bo Young — “On Your Wedding Day”

 

Source

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,i dont really know about kdrama award and movie admission.

I have a few question.

Is Negotiation consider successful?

Is it hard a movie in Korea to achieve 100 million moviegoers?

If Negotiation success,then she deserve a grand award because all her 3 works this year received an attention.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cybertron said:

Hi,i dont really know about kdrama award and movie admission.

I have a few question.

Is Negotiation consider successful?

Is it hard a movie in Korea to achieve 100 million moviegoers?

If Negotiation success,then she deserve a grand award because all her 3 works this year received an attention.

 

 

Hi!  A movie is considered successful if it can pass the break-even point. The break-even point is supposed to be where the cost and revenue are roughly equal so as to avoid loss, hence a movie would break even when it has made as about the same money as its production (and advertising) budget. The ‘Negotiation’ needs about 3 million viewers to get to that break-even point. So far, it almost reaches 2 millions in 15 days. We will have to wait until its entire run to determine whether it is successful or not. But I think it’s currently doing well in box office because it is hard even to reach 1 millions.

I wish her movie successful!! She deserves to get the Grand Prize either way because she is a very talented actress :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

[News] 2028.10.02 The ‘Negotiation’ movie will be screened at 2018 Korea-Indonesia Film Festival 

IMG-20181002-WA0355.jpg

 

After the success of the 2017 Korea Indonesia Film Festival (KIFF), this year KIFF will be held again. The annual event organized by the Embassy of the Republic of South Korea for the Republic of Indonesia and carried out by the Korean Cultural Center Indonesia (KCCI) and CGV Cinemas.

 

According to the KIFF Press Release received by the editor, Tuesday (02/10/2018), this event aims to strengthen the cultural exchanges between Indonesia and South Korea in Indonesia and will take place on October 18 to October 21, 2018.

 

This year KIFF will be held in four cities, namely Jakarta (CGV Grand Indonesia), Palembang (CGV Social Market), Yogyakarta (CGV Jwalk), and Makassar (CGV Daya Grand Square). KIFF was held for the first time in 2013 and later became an annual event with the role of 'Korean Wave' in Indonesia.

 

Various genres and selected films from both Indonesia and South Korea will color this year's festival. By raising the film that will be screened on the opening night is The Negotiation starring Ye-jin Son and Hyun Bin. A box office thriller that was in high demand to break the success rate at the South Korean box office. Hyun Bin, who previously skyrocketed through the Secret Garden drama, featured a villain character who was very different from the roles he used to carry before. While Son Ye Jin, who skyrocketed through the movie A Moment to Remember and later appeared stunning in the television drama Something in the Rain, now she is back in the film The Negotiation.

 

**Skipped unrelated**

 

Source

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, thi2018 said:

 

Hi!  A movie is considered successful if it can pass the break-even point. The break-even point is supposed to be where the cost and revenue are roughly equal so as to avoid loss, hence a movie would break even when it has made as about the same money as its production (and advertising) budget. The ‘Negotiation’ needs about 3 million viewers to get to that break-even point. So far, it almost reaches 2 millions in 15 days. We will have to wait until its entire run to determine whether it is successful or not. But I think it’s currently doing well in box office because it is hard even to reach 1 millions.

I wish her movie successful!! She deserves to get the Grand Prize either way because she is a very talented actress :)

 and that 3 million viewers only count in Korea?

If im not mistaken,it just release in US last week.

And not release yet in the other country.

I can't wait to watch it..Im so excited.

It will release here in Malaysia on 11th October.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cybertron said:

 and that 3 million viewers only count in Korea?

If im not mistaken,it just release in US last week.

And not release yet in the other country.

I can't wait to watch it..Im so excited.

It will release here in Malaysia on 11th October.

 

The cost to make this movie is approximately 12 billion won so it needs to mobilize about 3 million viewers to break even. However,  more than 3 million viewers are needed to make profits.  The more, the better (both domestically and internationally). I'm so happy for you to get to watch this movie. I hope you will love it. It is both intense and fun.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thi2018 said:

 

The cost to make this movie is approximately 12 billion won so it needs to mobilize about 3 million viewers to break even. However,  more than 3 million viewers are needed to make profits.  The more, the better (both domestically and internationally). I'm so happy for you to get to watch this movie. I hope you will love it. It is both intense and fun.

 

I just read at wiki as at 2nd Oct,this movie get US$14.3 million gross.

I believe it will get more once its release in Asia..

Happy for SYJ..

All her movie consider successful right..

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2018 at 8:03 PM, michaelzs said:

hi,any news about【The Classic 2003】 bluray release date?

 

Hi!!....Oh I thought it was released back in 2015. I'm not sure if it will be released again. I'll look into it and let you know if I find anything.

 

20 hours ago, cybertron said:

what is her upcoming project?

I hope she has a new drama..

last month i saw on wiki that her upcoming project is a movie  "Boston 1947".

but yesterday i check again,no more upcoming project in her wiki.

 

 

I believe she was never casted for "Boston 1947". I think it was misunderstanding. Right now, she doesn't have any project except endorsement shootings. Also, this is the award season so I think she will probably attend some award ceremonies and will not paricipate in any project until next year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

hi,i got some news:https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=298925,the op says The Classic  4K bluray to be released in January 2018 ,But there is no news so far。And i find a video:

.In the thirty minutes of this video, Director says something about bluray release date,but i cant figure out korean,so  I am not sure if the director said the specific date or just said release in 2018。Are  you a Korean?i need some Koreans come to help me Understand what the director said:)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2018 at 9:18 PM, cybertron said:

Can someone translate their conversation before they present the award?

 

Basically, Son Ye Jin praised her senior actor, Song Kang Ho, that in the past he had won many best actor awards from the popular Baeksang Arts Award. She thinks he is like the object (figure) of the Baeksang. He said she praised him too much. She asked him how did he come to predict the award. They laughed. He also said that nowadays Son Ye Jin received a lot of love from both movie and drama and he's also watching her drama too. She said "really". Then he jokingly said "if I come to meet you now, will you buy me some food?". He humorously combined the titles of her movie "I'm coming to meet you now  (Be with you)" and the drama "Pretty Noona who buys me food". She answered "I will buy you food anytime you want".

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2018 at 8:56 PM, michaelzs said:

hi,i got some news:https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=298925,the op says The Classic  4K bluray to be released in January 2018

 

I'm sorry I couldn't hear the release date at 30 min mark.  I will have to watch the entire video. The only thing I found is this website 

 

dvdprime.com/g2/bbs/board.php?bo_table=blu_ray&wr_id=1876167

 

It just said the 15th anniversary re-release is this year  (2018) but no exact date  :(

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jillia changed the title to Son Ye Jin 손예진 - Upcoming Drama: Emergency Love Landing

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...