Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

OMG SON YE JIN~ my mom loves her from summer scent

and i think shes an excellent actress! ^^

she was great in a moment to remember

Welcome to Yejin's thread cookieflo!

:)

Awww no more than yer mom?! :o Am pretty sure yah or yah will do, too!!!

Then again, who wouldn't be nutz 'bout Yejin?

Absolute promising actresz she iz `en effectual in all da dramas/moviez she have made.

Guest sandrydc

Update : Nov 23, 2005 KST 13:54

"A Memory To Remember" poised to break record of "April Snow" in Japan

gae_l.jpg

The movie "A Memory To Remember," co-starring Son Ye-jin and Chung Woo-sung, is well on its way to setting a record among all Korean movies that have ever opened in Japanese theaters.

Eiga.com estimated on Nov. 22 that "A Memory To Remember" has maintained the number two position in the Japanese box-office for three straight weeks after previously topping the chart for two consecutive weeks.

In the third week of November, the box-office was topped by the Japanese movie "It's A Wonderful Life," which has remained on top for three straight weeks."

"A Memory To Remember" will likely continue to gain popularity among Japanese viewers until Hollywood hits start pouring in during the Christmas season. If such a trend continues, the movie stands a good chance of breaking the record set by "April Snow," starring Bae Yong-jun.

"April Snow" has grossed 2.7 billion yen, recording the best performance among all Korean movies that have opened in Japan.

Last week, "A Memory To Remember" broke the record of "Windstruck," which brought in 2 billion yen, and is close to surpassing "April Snow."

Source: KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/mcontents/enterta...9719_11692.html

Guest Hae_Won

Today is THE DAY, people! B)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

OPENING TODAY

April Snow

Stars Bae Yong-joon, Son Ye-jin

Directed by Hur Jin-ho

Yet another import from Korea --- this one a romantic tearjerker. A man and a woman discover that their respective spouses have been cheating on them, only after the adulterers figure in a car accident that leaves them comatose. The betrayed man and woman soon fall for each other. Says Yong-joon of his new melodrama: "It's about two people trapped in a desperate situation... I decided to be part of this movie even before the script was finished because of my faith in the director," Hur's previous work was "Christmas in August."

Source: PHILIPPINE DAILY INQUIRER

Entertainment, A2-1 - A2-2

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Transcribed by: Da A of starkoreans

Guest sandrydc

i can't wait, only 13 days left..

i really want to see sis Yejin's smiling face with award. :rolleyes:

anyway,,our yejin is always smile and fresh.

and i also want to know what sis Yejin going to wear at Blue Dragon award night????

Lets Pray For Sis Yejin! GOOD LUCK! !

The 26th Blue Dragon Award Ceremony is coming, only 6 days left.

SYJ at the 23rd Blue Dragon Award Ceremony (2002)

23_8.jpg

SYJ at the 24th Blue Dragon Award Ceremony (2003)

24_13.jpg

SYJ at the 25th Blue Dragon Award Ceremony (2004)

25_2.jpg

SYJ at the 26th Blue Dragon Award Ceremony (2005)

A woman in red???

SYJ will be accompnied by her boyfriend to the Award Ceremony?

It's SYJ's great honour to be invited to one of the most Prestigious Movie Award Ceremonies in Korea every year.

translation for syjfan's post on the chinese interview

---

Q: Is the real life syj as kind and obedient as the characters she acts?

A: Actually i am not very attentive to others' needs. however i have grown more caring and attentive now.

Q: Being pretty is a form of gentleness thus this should make you quite gentle, considering your beauty?

A: People who watched my movies assume that i am gentle and womanly. howver i am not as womanly though i am kind, gentle and sometimes quite mischevious and childish such as pulling pranks. but sometimes i will also be sad or contemplative, other days i'll be talkative. i'm a straightforward person and say what i think therefore misunderstandings do arise from time to time.

Q: Are there people who think you are fake and insincere/

A: Once the press analysed the extent of my 'insincerity' and 'fakeness' but truthfully i never fake my emotions. some people think i'm a fairy and only drink dew. sometimes when i can't smile, i force myself to. but some people don't understand this and claim that i'm insincere. i dislike putting up fake displays so i let my true feelings show at times. then these detractors mistake me. how ironic.

Q: but you were smiling throughout the filming of AS?

A: i learnt alot from BYJ. as his fans were constantly on the set, he had to smile often and wave at them . as i looked at him, i felt his heavy burden and at the same time reflect that if stars/idols were more tolerant, perhaps everyone would be happy.

Q: What is your take on love?

A: I feel love is complicated. Sometimes when two people are in love, the scenario of one thinking that he or she is more loving or devoted arises and this causes the other party to become sad and lost. this is very vexing.

Q: in reality, have you faced any hardships in love?

A: Of course. But as i have been acting from a young age, i have less chances of falling in love. others can work and have a relationship at the same time but i find it hard. however now i really don't understand why i chose to not date a person i actually liked in the past.

Q: To act a good melodrama, you must have personal experiences right?

A: Well, maybe because i acted in so many, i find each new drama, a new romance ad my heart actually starts thumping when i see my co-star. however this is also quite problematic as i now have the idealistic view of a pure and perfect love and i'm then left waiting for my prince charming to appear. quite unrealistic and impractical.

Q: When you don't have dramas to film, what do you usually do?

A: Read at home. i love it. i am currently addicted to japanese novels.

Q: You have started to learn how to drive? where is your dream destination?

A: a desert ot a village.

Q:Going alone?

A: Certainly it will be better for a man to accompany me. However i don't fall in love at first sight nor easily like others. I like understanding and older people.

Q: What do you do when you are with your peers?

A: Nothing special. eat nice food. drink. that's all. I realise i have so much freedom after seeing BYJ's case. but when i want to go to nightspots, i can't dance so i don't even think of going. when i drink a little, i blush easily so that's out. even if i want to surf the net, i am not it-savvy and i am lazy to learn.

Q: So i guess you are unaware about the critical comments you receive on the net?

A: I know about them. actually, they are messy and rubbish. i laugh at them then i proceed to forget them. the thing is they can get out of hand and overly exaggerated. no matter how i explain and protest adamently, people refuse to listen and understand. then what can i do, i can only ignore them then.

Q: what is your recent wish?

A: For AS to have a good bos office and Arts of Seduction to be successful. Whatever my thoughts are now, they are also linked to work. but i suppose this is a sacrifice if you want to attain something. to reach here today, i had to give up my personal and private life. if i still feel regret for my past decisions now, i could be very pitiful. worst of all, unable to understand why i chose to live such a lifestyle. so i think that i should live life to the fullest, continue finding my happiness and let myself be happy.

------

THANKS again yellow roses!

I love and admire sis Yejin more and more.

She is really mature than her age and I like her answer; very honest.

Welcome all the new friends of SYJ thread!

Do come often and post any news of Ye jin for everyone!!

This is exciting time. Lots of things to look forward to in the next few weeks:

(1) In less than 1 week, we will be gunning for Ye jin to win the Blue Dragon Best Actress Award (Korea's Oscar)

(2) In about 2 weeks, AMTR should be the top Korean movie released in Japan

(3) In about 3 weeks, AMTR should be the top Asian movie released in Japan

(4) Ye jin's new movie "Arts of Seduction" will be screening on 22 Dec

(5) Ye jin's new SBS TV drama should be released in the first quarter of 2006. This is her first TV drama since 2003 Summer Scent. OMG...we can finally watch Ye jin in more than a 2-hour movie!!!!

Guest yellow roses

this is the translated interview regarding SYJ's part in the reunification of the North and South Korea.

--------

SYJ is at an industrial park in North Korea filming a short clip “Reunification of North and South Korea” and is currently being interviewed by some reporters.

SYJ said that she hopes to contribute in the national reunification, even if it is only for a little bit.

On that day, SYJ told the reporters that because this was the first time she is filming inNorth Korea, she felt overwhelmingly touched.

Q: What kind of feelings do you have regarding this project?

A: In order to show the hope for reunification in this press conference, this point is extremely relevant and meaning. I hope that both South and North Korea will know that we wholeheartedly hope for a reunion and are willingly to put in our best effort.

A: Have you been to Pyongyang before?

A: Never before, and I also never interacted with North Koreans before, only when I occasionally see it on tv. That is why when I first thought of seeing North Korea, I was overwhelmed.

Q: it is heard that you are not being paid for this?

A: (laughs) Yes, not a cent. Because this is a very meaningful thing, much more compared to previous films so I will do my best. Thus I happily receive all suggestions.

Q: How much do you understand about this industrial park?

A: I know this park allows South and North Koreans to work and cooperate together hand in hand and this makes me feel ecstatic.

Q: What hopes do you have for North Korea?

A: For every Korean to have a want for reunification. Normally I don’t feel so deeply towards this issue but after the filming my perceptions start to change. I wish our country will reunite as one and if this small clip can help in any way, which will be great. So I have a extremely optimistic attitude while working on this project.

------

okay, she's a great actress and mature, honest person for her age AND cares about national matters...

i'll not be surprised if she becomes a household name in korea! :)

Nice AMTR screen shot

200511240000301in_10.jpg

Got this image from a Japanese report predicting that AMTR will dethrone April Snow in Japan in about 10 days' time. Same as my own estimate of two weeks ~smile~

Guest cheelam

gosh-- eclickorea just restocked on ye jin's magazines.. there is also a new one--the price is right---but the shipping is so expensive! where am i going to get 40+ bucks for 2 magazines??