Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Guest sandrydc

AMTR still going strong in Japan box office

Japan Box Office 5 - 6 Nov 2005

1. ALWAYS -Sunset on Third Street- (Debut first week)

B00637_01.jpg

2. A Moment to Remember, (3rd week)

B00587_01.jpg

Japanese box office reports revealed that the box office of AMTR for weekend 5 - 6 Nov was very strong at 97% of the previous weekend of 31 Oct - 1 Nov.

Still staying higher than Corpse Bride and Spring Snow which debuted the same time or later ^_^ Staying higher than The Brothers Grimm even on debut ^_^.

No. 2 for the third week is not so bad.

No. 2 for the third week is not so bad.

Actually the box office is wonderful.

According to Gaga, AMTR has already attracted 1 million viewers to-date and ticket sales for the movie reached 1.3 billion yen.

The movie is still going strong. Japanese box office reports revealed that the box office of AMTR for weekend 5 - 6 Nov was at 97% of the previous weekend of 31 Oct - 1 Nov. This was the third week of screening and the box office of second week 30 Oct - 1 Nov was 102% of the first weekend. Hence, the box office has not dropped at all.

At this rate, it may reclaim no. 1 spot next week depending on how strong is 'ALWAYS'. Notice Spring Snow and Tim Burton's Corpse Bride sliding down much faster than AMTR.

So far, the two highest grossing Korean movies in terms of Japanese box office are (1) April Snow at 2.4 billion yen and (2) Windstruck at 2 billion yen. At this rate, AMTR will join them soon.

I came across this forum which seems to have posters from Europe mainly and looks like Ye jin is also well known in Europe....

Here's the link. Here's the review.

http://www.thedvdforums.com/forums/showthr...gt;#post4989877

Don't really agree with his assessment of AMTR but 100% in agreement with his assessment on Ye jin's beauty...hehe..

A Moment to Remember : Special Edition Korean R3 (2-discs)

If you had to cast a Korean weepy the first name on your list would probably be the wonderful Son Yi-Yin. Not only is she amazingly pretty and sometimes downright sexy, but she is able to carry out that sweet vulnerable role far better than any modern day actress I can think of. Try casting her in a more, how shall I put it, sassy role and she is far less convincing.

It will come as no surprise to you then that this is a weepy. A tale of love between 2 characters from different backgrounds; Su-Jin (Son Yi- Jin) the daughter of property boss and Chol-Su (Jung Woo Sung) one of the carpenters working on his building site (although Chol-Su is also a talented aspiring architect).

The story begins with Su-Jin on the rebound from a failed romance with her old married boss. She bumps into Chol-Su in a convenience store after forgetting to take her purse after buying a drink. She thinks he has taken the Coca Cola she originally paid for so snatches it back and drinks it – only to realise her mistake when the convenience store clerk hands her the Coke and her purse. Things develop after another meeting where her father innocently sends him to help his daughter out and they end up falling in love and get married. It is then that she starts to forget things and seeks the advice of a doctor who diagnoses Alzheimer’s. Gradually she deteriorates until she finds that she has only brief periods when she can recall her current life with Chol-Su. It is during these random periods that she has A Moment to Remember all of her life with Chol-Su and how much they are in love.

The combination of the plot outline and some tempting screenshots of SYJ leading up to this film made it one that was instantaneously elevated to my most wanted list. Have to say that this film added nothing really new to the saturated genre so don’t go into it expecting any. Both leads are terrific and the plot, while a tad plodding, is passable. I’ve only watched the Theatrical Version so far. The Director’s Cut may well fill in a lot of the gaps but I’d be surprised if they changed the film much.

The picture and sound on this DVD are actually some of the best I’ve seen recently. Pin sharp picture and good use of sound with some nice tunes (although nowhere near as good as The Classic). Quite a few extras and pretty nice packaging round off an excellent DVD set.

Ono gives this 7 out of 10.

It is a star vehicle for the most beautiful woman on the planet at the moment and she has never looked better than in this film. The film could have been better but, to be honest, I’m just glad it’s not dreadful.

Ono's Babewatch © (Revisited)

I think most of you will agree with me when I say that SYJ is easily the most beautiful Korean actress in existence. She certainly seems to get prettier every time I see her and has never looked so good as in this film.

She fully deserves the 10 out of 10 awarded to her and reinforces her joint number 1 position.

Guest k_addict

hi again guys! havent logged in for a long time. hey calling all Filipinos!! i already saw a poster of April Snow at SM! it's gonna be shown soon!! yehey!

hi again guys! havent logged in for a long time. hey calling all Filipinos!! i already saw a poster of April Snow at SM! it's gonna be shown soon!! yehey!

Hi k_addict!! D'ya crop up to read da previous pagez huh? Alot uv AS updates yah can sneak a quick look back there. April Snow is set to show on da 23rd uv November `en 'tz brought to us by ABS CBN.

Am 'bout to get a hold uv da premiere ticketz from a kapamilya insider. YahOoOoO!!! Am truly excited. Mah sis... lez all meet at da cinema `en support Yejin all da way. :)

Hi k_addict!! D'ya crop up to read da previous pagez huh? Alot uv AS updates yah can sneak a quick look back there. April Snow is set to show on da 23rd uv November `en 'tz brought to us by ABS CBN.

Am 'bout to get a hold uv da premiere ticketz from a kapamilya insider. YahOoOoO!!! Am truly excited. Mah sis... lez all meet at da cinema `en support Yejin all da way. :)

Hope you enjoy it mate.. I wont get to see it till the DVD comes out and until someone rips it >.< And I don't want to buy a pirated copy which I'm sure will be plentiful in Malaysia right now :/

Guest sandrydc

Who deserves to be SYJ's ideal lover in real life?

Please share your opinion with us!

Jo Seung Woo in "The Classic"

boat20yw.jpg

200542614642.jpg

Jo In Seong in "The Classic"

171uu.jpg

classic29.jpg

Cha Tae Hyun in "Crazy First Love" & "Lover's Concerto"

data132ah.jpg

data17un.jpg

sar25.jpg

Song Seung Heon in "Summer Scent"