Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Oh my goodness!!!!

Song Il Kook is really looking soooo good! i thought his face looked pretty average in Hae Shin but woot!!! he really has this indescribeable charm upon closer examination!! And he and yeh jin look sooo kewt! OOh~can't wait!!! :lol:

Oh my goodness!!!!

Song Il Kook is really looking soooo good! i thought his face looked pretty average in Hae Shin but woot!!! he really has this indescribeable charm upon closer examination!! And he and yeh jin look sooo kewt! OOh~can't wait!!! :lol:

Hi hi yuta_rule,

Welcome back, haven't seen you in a while ^^

Droppin off some more latest cutz from Arts Of Seduction

nsNIS20051026205204311_0.jpg

Thanx God... it aint say "hello" (guesz what I mean?)

:P

20051026211018.jpg

`en yup yuta_rule! SIK iz in some way or another... a fine good~lookin' man as ye get to see his face longer.. am startin' to like him tho.

Guest cheelam

i know huh.. gosh.. but i guess her underrattedness is starting to disappear now that she is so popular in many countries such as japan and korea and some articles even named her the number one korean lead actress..pretty cool, huh?

yeah, but i guess when working with such a high acclaimed actor such as bae yong joon, ye jin kinda got shoved under the spotlight--but now that so many people have seen the movie (though mostly because of yong joon) they now havr discovered this great talent in ye jin--which is why AMTR became the first korean movie to get a #1 on the charts in japan.

you can never conceal this type of beauty and talent for so long--ye jin was bound to get big from the time she entered the biz.

April Snow DVD coming soon from Yesasia.com

credits to frances l BYJ thread

p1004069777.jpg

April Snow

~ Son Ye Jin | Bae Yong Joon | More ...

Expected Release Date : 12/30/2005

The price is to be determined.

The allure of forbidden love reigns supreme in the long-awaited motion picture, April Snow! Mega-popular actor Bae Yong Joon, star of the smash hit Korean drama Winter Sonata, headlines this highly anticipated romance directed by Heo Jin Ho, the man behind such acclaimed films as One Fine Spring Day and Christmas in August.

Released in Korea and Japan simultaneously, the film centers on In Su (Bae Yong Joon) as he travels to Korea's east coast after discovering that his wife Su Jin (Im Sang Hyo) was critically injured in a car accident. To In Su's surprise, it seems that she was traveling with a man named Kyung Ho (Ryoo Seung Soo, from The President's Barber), and both of them now lie in the operating room as they undergo treatment for their injuries. While waiting for news of his wife's condition, In-Su meets the man's wife, Seo-Young (Son Ye Jin, from A Moment to Remember) and together, the two of them piece together the devastating truth: their spouses were carrying on an affair.

Deeply upset by this shocking revelation, the duo's world spins out of control, as they both come to grips with their feelings of sorrow and betrayal. After several chance encounters, the two become closer. Both stay at the same dingy motel, and soon enough, they forge a deep connection. Will they act on their feelings for each other? And if they do succumb to their passions, will it be out of revenge or out of love? The answers await in Heo Jin Ho's April Snow, the stirring romance that swept Asia by storm!

Guest cheelam

gosh its still such a long wait--lol but i guess when it come out in the US theaters, it will suffice my need to watch this movie

-- queacho, do you know if there will be a limited edition for the dvd?

im guess that this will cost around 40 -50 bucks----gosh.. i got to save up!!!

btw--just for the heck of it, vote for your FAV actress in this poll **cough cough.. ye jin.. cough* (T.T so far im the only one who voted for ye jin.. )

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...56entry447956

gosh its still such a long wait--lol but i guess when it come out in the US theaters, it will suffice my need to watch this movie

-- queacho, do you know if there will be a limited edition for the dvd?

im guess that this will cost around 40 -50 bucks----gosh.. i got to save up!!!

btw--just for the heck of it, vote for your FAV actress in this poll **cough cough.. ye jin.. cough* (T.T so far im the only one who voted for ye jin.. )

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...56entry447956

Thanks for the link. I just went there and posted some undisputable facts and some advertisements about Ye jin.

/cheer

AS posters in Philippines - 23rd November DA BIG DAY!

as_ads_002.jpg

as_ads_003.jpg

November 23 is a red letter day for all BYJ fans here in the Phiippines. We finally got our confirmation yesterday that movie just passed our review and censors board and is rated R-13 approved without cuts. The distributor also provided us copies of their press kit as well as samples for the advertisements that will appear in all the local newspapers.

Posted by Marissa in BYJ Quilt.

Final verdict of April Snow

AS is going to stop screening in Singapore soon and I have watched it 4 times. I have thought long and hard about how I really feel about the movie and here are my final verdicts:

(1) High technical achievements

If you are majoring in threatre works or film production, you will realise April Snow is an art film of the highest technical standards. Camera angles, scene composition, cinematography, music, acting and directing were first class. Just like the other 2 awards winning movies by Director Hur Jin Ho, which were Christmas in August and One Fine Spring Day, this movie can be very slow for the average movie goers who just want to be entertained or to feel something for a movie.

(2) Theme issues

The two major themes of April Snow are betrayal of love, betrayal within a betrayal and about true love. Since filming began in Feb 2005 and if you have been following the production videos and press releases, you will realise the key themes that Director Hur wanted to explore in this movie.

After In soo and Seo young realised that their spouses have cheated on them, they gradually got closer and got into an affair themselves. Under such a script, two key developments are possible.

(i) In soo and Seo young had an affair and were not sure if they had got into the affairs because of their hatred and emptiness resulting from their spouses' betrayal. Under this direction, In soo and Seo young should continue to be upset at their spouses and should feel guilty of their own relationship.

(ii) In soo and Seo young gradually fell in love with each other and their love healed each other of their hatred and anger. Because it is true love, In soo and Seo young would not be feeling guilty about their relationship.

If the director chose to run the storyline along (i) or (ii), this movie would have been more fulfilling and the characters could be better developed. April Snow would have been a better movie for it.

Unfortunately, the director chose a middle ground. The first half of the movie showed the two got into an affair without any scenes suggesting they should fall in love. Many tender moments of the couple were filmed but were not included in the movie. Presumably this was to keep the audience guessing the underlying reason why In soo and Seo young were attracted to each other.

Mid-way through the movie, suddenly it seems that both In soo and Seo young were really in love with each other. They didn't show any guilt of their relationship. They longed for each other. They no longer hated their spouses. They were utterly heart-broken when they have to part with each other.

This was one key issue for me. The audience could not really feel the emotions that should come with the betrayal within betrayal situation and neither do they understand why In soo and Seo young should be so in love with each other as well.

So even if you are an audience that could appreciate the slow and quiet atmosphere of an art movie, the movie is not emotionally satisfying.

(3) Ye jin's fans perspective

Ye jin's fans should love April Snow because her performance in the movie were first class. What should have been a In soo (BYJ) movie has now skewed slightly towards Ye jin and have brought Ye jin lots of respect and recognition in Korea and Japan. Three of the prominent scenes involved Ye jin.

(i) Ye jin looking into a mirror with bra and a track pants.

(ii) Ye jin having to hide in the toilet because In soo's father-in-law turned up. In this scene, Ye jin's face was facing the camera with BYJ's back facing the camera. Many audience were moved by the delicate emotions in this scene.

(iii) The most powerful scene in the movie was Seo young looking at In soo from a distance just before they parted. Many Japanese movie critics praised Ye jin for this scene. You have to watch it to feel it.

In the 4th viewing, a woman sitting behind me told her male companion, "This actress has a beautiful figure". Well, if you are an Ye jin fan, you would be curious why people are saying this. Check it out for yourself.

(4) BYJ's performance

I feel that audience who are not familiar BYJ will appreciate his acting better in April Snow. In soo looks too much like BYJ in real life. BYJ's acting was by no means bad but In soo looking like a movie star in April Snow became a distraction for many audience when it came to appreciating this movie. (Even for me).

There were elements that I loved about this movie but there were issues regarding the theme and story development that left me dissatisfied. I hope you watch this movie and judge for yourself.

quteacho! I really can't wait to watch Arts of Seduction! Ye Jin and her leading man look great together! :D Thanks for those pics! mwah!

Killing me softly with her smiles....

sbs222vo.jpg

sbs232xi.jpg

sbs205ys.jpg

sbs102ah.jpg

sbs122dv.jpg

sbs117uy.jpg

sbs058cg.jpg

Screen cap by Louis of www.iyejin.com

From SBS video of Arts of Seduction

The video:

http://www.sonyejin.org/members/ganwei/vid...sbs20051026.wmv

More videos of Arts of Seduction:

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/tvnews/etn/200510/27/200510271657163923_s.wmv

mms://navernews.hvod.nefficient.co.kr/navernews/0004/2005/1027/00043095.wmv

Reposted from www.iyejin.com

In Korea, people alleged that Ye jin appealed to young high hormone male students mainly.

Lol.. that would mean me :D But u cant blame me.. she's so bloody HOT :D

And Congratz to YJ for her AS and AMTR box office sales in Jap :) AS is showing in malaysia today.. and guess where I'm right now.. :'(

April Snow DVD coming soon from Yesasia.com

WOOT! Mark a price already so I can pre-order!!! 31st Dec eh.. I'll be able to receive it when I come back in Jan :D

and Thanks guys for all the AOS pics + the music score.. she looks so cute.. When will it be out??

Lol.. that would mean me :D But u cant blame me.. she's so bloody HOT :D

And Congratz to YJ for her AS and AMTR box office sales in Jap :) AS is showing in malaysia today.. and guess where I'm right now.. :'(

WOOT! Mark a price already so I can pre-order!!! 31st Dec eh.. I'll be able to receive it when I come back in Jan :D

and Thanks guys for all the AOS pics + the music score.. she looks so cute.. When will it be out??

Scheduled to screen in Korea on Jan 2006. And may take a few months before being screened in other countries usually. But now that Ye jin is so hot, maybe will screen in other countries sooner.

10-27-2005

Movie Industry Set for Another Successful Year

By Kim Tae-jong

Staff Reporter

kt2200510272034401bb.jpg

Bae Yong-joon, left, and Son Ye-jin starred in “April Snow,”

which is this year’s most popular film abroad so far.

It may be disappointing that there has not been a mega hit film this year nor any art films that have stood at the center of attention at renowned international film festivals.

Last year, big news often came out from the scene of the local movie industry, such as two blockbuster movies ``Silmido’’ and ``Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood War’’ breaking the 11-million-viewer mark each for the first time and director Kim Ki-duk receiving awards at Venice and Berlin with two different films.

Experts, however, say it is too early to forecast tough times ahead for the domestic movie industry.

``Films are not like products from a factory,’’ said Park Hee-seong, a scholar from the researcher and development department at the Korean Film Council (KOFIC). ``They are a cultural product so you can’t simply judge how successful the film industry is based only on films’ box office performance.’’

She agreed that such blockbusters as ``Rikidozan,'' ``Crying Fist'' and ``Antarctic Journal'' with high expectations for commercial success ended up even missing the break-even point during their domestic run, contributing to the gloomy forecasts.

But she pointed out the fact people miss is that six films drew more than 3 million moviegoers each, three more than last year and much anticipated blockbusters are slated for the latter part this year.

``Despite the commercial failure of blockbusters in the first half, local films have maintained slightly over a 50-percent seat occupation rate competing with Hollywood films thanks to the unexpected success of various other films,’’ Park said.

``Welcome to Dongmakgol,’’ ``Running Boy,’’ ``Marrying the Mafia 2’’ and ``Mapado’’ all drew 3 million moviegoers and helped diversify the spectrum of local movies, many of which tended to rely only on the attraction of big stars, she said.

The strong lineup for later this year which increases the expectation for the growth of local films includes ``The Typhoon (Taepung)’’ directed by Kwak Kyung-taek starring Jang Dong-gun; ``Blue Swallow (Chongyon),’’ co-production between Japan and South Korea; and ``Running Wild (Yasu)’’ starring Kwon Sang-woo and Yoo Ji-tae.

Success of Local Films Abroad

Regarding the failure of big budget releases, many believe that since the size of the local market is limited, it is inevitable for competition to be fierce and it seems that many local film companies have tried to find a way to open a new market in other countries.

According to one report from KOFIC, the growth in Korean film exports has expanded rapidly over the last few years but has slowed during the first half of 2005 with only a slight increase over the last year.

In the period, a total of 153 local films were exported to 52 countries, which totaled about $ 41,809,976, a 28.6-percent increase over the previous year.

``It’s true that the outcome has not yet been satisfying. But we believe Korean films are becoming like a brand, which can generally appeal to international audiences,’’ Park said.

But, it is no doubt that this year’s most successful Korean film abroad is ``April Snow,’’ which was released Sept. 17 in 10 different Asian countries.

In Japan, which is regarded as the biggest film market in Asia, the film attracted 2 million moviegoers as of Oct. 25 and will likely be the most successful Korean film there.

The huge popularity of main actor Bae Yong-joon, who is affectionately called ``Yonsama'' among Japanese fans, surely contributed to its international success, but people behind the success say there was much preparation needed to make it successful.

``You can’t make a film successful only with a star,’’ Michelle Son, head of international business at Show East, which is in charge of international marketing for ``April Snow.’’ ``First of all, the film should be good enough to appeal to international audiences.’’

In the beginning of the film project, even when main actors weren’t cast, they had to prepare for international sales by understanding characteristics of each market and target audiences, she added.

kt2200510272034400b2.jpg

She mentioned that they usually need a longer period of time for promotion of a film in Japan adding they had to book theaters one year and started to promote the film six months earlier before its release. For the Chinese market, they also had to be aware of China’s foreign film quota system.

Opening simultaneously in other Asian countries is a way to help minimize illegal downloading and the pirating of DVDs, but it can be only possible when fuller understanding of each market is completed and when suitable marketing strategies are set up, she emphasized.

The industry is looking at international markets and various ways to make film distribution and promotion easier in the targeted countries.

One of the most anticipated films ``Daisy,’’ for example, is in production with a locally raised budget, starring such big local actors as Jun Ji-hyun and Jung Woo-sung, but it is directed by internationally acclaimed director Andrew Lau of the ``Infernal Affair’’ series to appeal the film to international audiences.

``We now considered of how to appeal to international audiences in the project stage,’’ said a staff from iFilm, company behind ``Daisy.’’ ``We thought that not only big stars but also a famous director is needed for its international release.’’

But as Korean film exports heavily depend on the Japanese market, which makes up 74.1 percent of the total international sales, it is also said that varying markets is needed.

``We find that Korean films started to appeal to international audiences with its distinguishable characteristics from Hollywood films,’’ Park said. ``That can now help the local film industry vary its marketing in other countries.’’

e3dward@koreatimes.co.kr

10-27-2005 19:46

Source: The Korea Times

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/culture/20...19440911680.htm

AMTR can be that movie that breaks new ground for Korean movie export in Japan.

Guest cheelam

great--thanks for the link

well, i guess i have to warn my friends-- so the plot of April snow wasnt that great, but ht eacting and emotions were awesome.. is that right?