Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Hi Zi Yan! Sorry I cant find da linkz in http format. Hope tis would someway gratify ya...

`en yup! AS is nearly comin our way... trailer iz, in fact, now flashin da cinema screens in Manila. Da next big attraction I guesz before da year endz. Ye, a filipina too huh?! If so, welcome to da club sis!! Yehey! :P

April snow MV

song by loveholic

trailer_mv_2669_S.gif

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/mmc/1/500/0700001270103h.wmv

CLASSIC ^^

Classic01.jpg

mms://stream.cineseoul.com/hmusic/hmusic017113.wmv

thanks anyway...

yeah, i'm a filipina too..i'm so excited...i really can't wait!!!!!! :P and thanks i'm in to the club! :D:lol:

Guest cheelam

so..does that mean that it will show in all theaters like hero did? gosh, i hope it wont be rated R.. otherwise, i might have some trouble watching it.. say, syjfan, it might not be rated R.. so it might be rated HIGHER?? as in X???lol.

i cannot believe this.. this would be the first time i could experience watching a son ye jin movie in a actual theater. so i can witness other people experience to such a movie. *yay*

well, i guess that this kind of thing shouldnt be unexpected. April Snow is the MOVIE OF THE YEAR. the US is expected to take part in this extrodinary breakthrough... i can only think of how much ye jins popularity will skyrocket!!!!!!! great job ye jin!!

do you have some other articles relating to this. im so excited.. so do you think it will be like ';house of flying daggers" where it showed in only a few theaters in USA--as in one in sandiego and another in san fransisco.. cross my fingers it wont be... then i might have even more trouble convincing my parents to drive for an hour to see a R+rated movie.. *sigh* but i have to make this promise to myself-- i have to see this movie in theaters.. i HAVE TO.. lol otherwise.. i cant miss this chance..

so..does that mean that it will show in all theaters like hero did? gosh, i hope it wont be rated R.. otherwise, i might have some trouble watching it.. say, syjfan, it might not be rated R.. so it might be rated HIGHER?? as in X???lol.

i cannot believe this.. this would be the first time i could experience watching a son ye jin movie in a actual theater. so i can witness other people experience to such a movie. *yay*

well, i guess that this kind of thing shouldnt be unexpected. April Snow is the MOVIE OF THE YEAR. the US is expected to take part in this extrodinary breakthrough... i can only think of how much ye jins popularity will skyrocket!!!!!!! great job ye jin!!

do you have some other articles relating to this. im so excited.. so do you think it will be like ';house of flying daggers" where it showed in only a few theaters in USA--as in one in sandiego and another in san fransisco.. cross my fingers it wont be... then i might have even more trouble convincing my parents to drive for an hour to see a R+rated movie.. *sigh* but i have to make this promise to myself-- i have to see this movie in theaters.. i HAVE TO.. lol otherwise.. i cant miss this chance..

I mean..it's less than R in all country. There is nothing indecent in the movie except that some young fans of Ye jin that worshipped her like an angel who complained about her showing some of her flesh..he he...

Guest cheelam

less than R? GREAT!! my worries are almost over.. thanks syjfan.

hmm, im jsut worried about that SCENE.. i wont complain.. lol, at east i hope not.. im jsut glad that she has gone up that much.. cant help but idolize her.

AMTR = no 1 box office sales in Japan for weekend 22 to 23 Oct 2005

WOOT!!! SO HAPPY!!! WOOT!!! HAPPY! HAPPY!

Louis of www.iyejin.com posted that Eraser was no.1 in Japan box office last weekend!!

I hope Eraser will be top grossing movie in Japan!

~try to cool down~ ~trying to cool down~

Reposted from www.iyejin.com

Source: (anycall@heraldm.com)

I think the AS effect has rubbed onto AMTR and also AMTR itself is a wonderful movie (best movie to me ~~ )

And ....JWS will be the next big star after BYJ because of AMTR.

Guest Hae_Won

Woudn't you guys wanna see Yejin in a drama again...man i hope she does one in the near future...i'd like to see a sad tragic one ^_^ so that i could bawl my eyes out when Yejin does those heartbreaking scenes

Yeah. I also hope that Ye-jin unni will make a drama (either with a tragic or a happy ending) in the near future. All she did this year were movies... ^_^

It seems that Ye Jin is getting even more popular now in Japan than in Korea.

I have always felt that the Koreans are taking Yejin's talents for granted and expected Japanese to recognise her first....it's sad but it's better than nothing.

The Japanese are not easy to please. Many Asian artists have tried to make it in Japan but failed. Ye jin has began well and let's hope she will keep it there.

After this, I expect the Japanese to re-screen The Classic and Lovers' concerto too.

The important thing is that the Japanese media and entertainment key players like Ye jin and this is important because they are helping to promote her.

Another thing is that I suspect April Snow and AMTR have different audience base and these two movies may complement each other. Usually when a movie star has two movies screening at the same time, industry players think it is bad because the same audience will end up choosing one movie to watch. In this case, it is different. I think the younger crowds and non-BYJ fans may be attracted to 'try out' AMTR and if they like what they see, they will watch April Snow. BYJ fans who watched AS and like Ye jin will be attracted to watch AMTR as well.

Guest cheelam

yups^^ i definetely gree.. hopefully they will decide to screen AMTR in theaters here in the US too.. *hopefully* seriously, i havent see anyone as pretty with that a great of acting skill who is not the TOP TOP TOP of the list in korea.. koreans do indeed take this kind of acting skill for granted--otherwise ye jin would be at the TOP TOP TOP years ago. i dont think anyone can compare. period.

Guest sandrydc

“A Memory To Remember” becomes first Korean movie to top Japanese box-office

gae_l.jpg

The movie “A Memory To Remember,” starring Chung Woo-sung and Son Ye-jin and directed by Lee Jae-han, became the first Korean movie to top the Japanese box-office.

Sources say that on the weekend of Oct. 22-23 “A Memory To Remember” beat out two other rivals, “Corpse Bride” and “Charlie And The Chocolate Factory,” both directed by Tim Burton.

Until now, the most successful Korean movies in Japanese theaters had been “April Snow” and “Joint Security Area,” both of which finished second.

”A Memory To Remember,” which opened Oct. 22, is currently being shown in 308 theaters throughout Japan, some 100 fewer theaters than “April Snow” (434 theaters). The movie’s Japanese distributor, Gaga, has invested over 6 million dollars in the movie’s promotion and marketing, and says the movie is well on its way to becoming a huge success. The facts that it stars Son Ye-jin and was a big hit in Korea also drew attention from Japanese audiences.

Gaga expects 3 billion yen (about 27.5 billion won) in ticket sales from the movie. “April Snow,” the most successful Korean movie by far, has taken in 2.4 billion yen (about 22 billion won).

Credit: http://english.kbs.co.kr/mcontents/enterta...5678_11692.html