Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

cant wait! she's not anymore the innocent type... more of the married woman coz of April Snow... well.. we'll not see the "innocent" Ye-jin sometime soon! :)

Whatever role she talks, she is still as beautiful. The softness, gentleness, innocence and intelligence will always come from her face and eyes...

Guest hazel_witch

^you know what I mean Syjfan... the single type... hehehe...

like you said, whatever her role, she is still beautiful...

do you know who is her partner for this?

A Moment To Remember hit no. 1 in Japan Box Office Japan for 2 consecutive weeks

Reposted from www.iyejin.com

Source: http://movie.goo.ne.jp/ranking/boxoffice/index.html

Japan Box Office 29 - 30 Oct 2005

1 私の頭の中の消しゴム A Moment To Remember (Also no. 1 for 22 - 23 Oct weekend)

2 春の雪, Spring Snow (Debut)

3 Charline and the Chocolate Factory

4 Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

5 機動戦士ZガンダムII 恋人たち, Mobile Suit Z Gundam 2 - Lovers- (Debut)

6 まだまだあぶない刑事 Abudeka

7 ソウ2 Saw 2 (Debut)

8 キャプテン・ウルフ The Pacifier (Debut)

9 蝉しぐれ Semi Shigure

10 ステルス Stealth

春の雪 is supposed to be a local blockbuster starring major actor/actress and can you imagine AMTR staying no. 1 even on 春の雪's debut? Wow..the Japanese really loves AMTR.

Let's hope AMTR will hit no.1 again for third week ( and why not?) AMTR starting new Hanyu in Japan!

More on SBS new TV serial "Season of Love"

Son Yeh Jin and Gam Woo Sung (손예진, 감우성) will lead the 16-episodes drama “Period of Love (연애시대)” scheduled to be aired by SBS in the spring of 2006. They play a divorced couple in their 20s. After they divorced, they still interfere with each other’s private life such as the time and place of dating the opposite sex. SYJ plays a sport instructor and GWS plays a bookstore owner.

The script writer is Park Yun Sun (박연선) who wrote for “Miss Kim’s Adventures in Making a Million (파란만장 미스김 10억 만들기)”. The PD is Han Ji Seung (한지승) whose previous works include movies “Ghost Mama (고스트맘마)” and “Tie a Yellow Ribbon (찜)”. The production company is “Yellow Film (옐로우필름)” and the production cost of the drama is around 3.5 billion Won. Currently, SYJ is filming the movie “Formula of Work (작업의 정석)”. GWS is filming “The King’s Man (왕의 남자)”.

Posted by cindy w88.

Male lead

200505260220411003_1.jpg

OH MY GOD! Ye jin back with a new TV drama next year

20051031104029.878.0.jpg

Ye jin will be casted as a physical training instructor who used to be a professional swimmer (wonder if this means there will be swimsuit scene ..../drool).

This SBS TV drama, called "The Season of Love" tells a story of a divorced couple that somehow still could not separate themselves from each other's lives.

The drama is scheduled to screen sometimes Mar - April 2005.

Source: Korea STARNEWS

http://news.media.daum.net/snews/entertain.../v10639731.html

Reposted from translation from www.sonyejin.org

P.S. According to Rena from www.sonyejin.org who spoke with Ye jin's manager, this is a big budget production and the Director is one of the best director for TV drama.

Wow...now we can see more of Ye jin!!!

wooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooo....Yejin's new drama...

i am very proud of sis Yejin success...

CONGRATULATION sis Yejin!

Guest sandrydc

New Pictures from "ARTS OF SEDUCTION".

Are they going to consult a fortune-teller about their love?

Funny ha ha!!!

Credit: iyejin.com

M0040006_sc52501[W470-].jpg

M0040008_sc52503[W470-].jpg

M0040011_sc52506[W240-].jpg

M0040012_sc52507[W240-].jpg

M0040013_sc52508[W240-].jpg

M0040010_sc52505[W240-].jpg

Guest youngnottheold1

OH MY GOD! Ye jin back with a new TV drama next year

20051031104029.878.0.jpg

Ye jin will be casted as a physical training instructor who used to be a professional swimmer (wonder if this means there will be swimsuit scene ..../drool).

This SBS TV drama, called "The Season of Love" tells a story of a divorced couple that somehow still could not separate themselves from each other's lives.

The drama is scheduled to screen sometimes Mar - April 2005.

Source: Korea STARNEWS

http://news.media.daum.net/snews/entertain.../v10639731.html

Reposted from translation from www.sonyejin.org

P.S. According to Rena from www.sonyejin.org who spoke with Ye jin's manager, this is a big budget production and the Director is one of the best director for TV drama.

Wow...now we can see more of Ye jin!!!

Uhhhhh YEAYUH!!!! :D:D:D

Guest sandrydc

And old interview about AMTR.

Jung Woo-sung & Son Ye-jin

Talking about Love and Memory

Autumn has come. Trees are shedding their leaves. The crunchy sound of fallen leaves under your feet makes you feel sentimental. It's the perfect time for a heartbreaking love story. The Eraser in My Head is probably the quintessential autumn movie. The film portrays love, romance, and of course, heartbreak. The Teen Times met the two actors of the movie, Jung Woo-sung and Sohn Ye-jin, to talk about their new movie

Question: Why did you decide to star in this film?

Jung: When I finished reading the scenario, I didn't hesitate to take the role because of the ending scene. It is a sad story, but the last scene makes us think about hope.

Sohn: I loved its peculiar and unusual subject -- Alzheimer's disease. My character Soo-jin loses her memory as time goes by. Once, she had a very happy life with Jung's character. But soon, the beautiful memories fade away little by little. The fact that I had to express her varied feelings attracted me.

Q: Mr. Jung, what would it be like if something like that happened in real life?

Jung: Well, it's very hard to answer. To be honest with you, I'm not sure. If my girlfriend contracted a disease such as Alzheimer's, I think I would try to do my best for her. But the pain and grief someone would feel if their loved one lost every memory about them is indescribable.

Sohn: If I were in Soo-jin's shoes, I think I would let my loved one go as my character did. It will be very cruel to lose all my memories of him and still keep him by my side.

Q:Mr. Jung, you have shown a very tender and sensitive side to you in this movie. This differs from your tough guy image.

Jung: Oh, I am a sensitive guy (laughs). I just didn't have the chance to show my tenderness. However, it's also the result of hard effort. I tried very hard to portray my character. And my own experiences of love helped me a lot.

Q:Miss Sohn, you cry a lot in the movie. Was it hard?

Sohn: You can't even imagine how hard it was. To make myself sad enough to cry, I listened to melancholy songs. The director recommended some really sad songs for me. I sometimes got really exhausted after shooting the crying scenes. Also, the sad emotions lingered on for a long time. I kept on feeling sad and depressed even after finishing the scenes.

Q:What do you think love is?

Jung: I can't define love with one word. Love is a very difficult thing, I think. It's like a ghost -- we can't see, touch or smell it. We can only feel it deep inside our heart. That's why love is so precious.

Sohn: You may not believe what I'm saying, but I'm quite inexperienced in love. I have never even been on a blind date. These days, however, I'd like to have a boyfriend. After experiencing true love, maybe I'll tell you what love is all about (laughs).

Q:Miss Sohn, you always choose melodramas. This is your fifth. Is there a reason for this?

Sohn: Well, I think I prefer the romance genre to any other. I have experienced many different kinds of love in my acting career, but I still don't know what love is. Maybe I'll find out after shooting 10 more movies about love (laughs).

Q:What would you like to say for our readers?

Jung: Never give up on your dreams. When I was young, I really tried my best to accomplish my dreams. It was my dream that kept me going through the most difficult periods of my life. A life without a dream is like a flower without scent.

Credit: The Korea Times

Male lead

200505260220411003_1.jpg

i'm sorry..but this guy is not good looking at all...i wonder how he would look next to the ever beautiful Yejin...i prolly would be discouraged in seeing this because the guy doesn't look compatible at all...i know it's sorta shallow of me, but chemistry (even looks-wise) can make or break a drama and i just want Yejin's drama to do well

i'm sorry..but this guy is not good looking at all...i wonder how he would look next to the ever beautiful Yejin...i prolly would be discouraged in seeing this because the guy doesn't look compatible at all...i know it's sorta shallow of me, but chemistry (even looks-wise) can make or break a drama and i just want Yejin's drama to do well

Many fans say this...but don't worry.

Many fans say the same for Jung Woo Sung when AMTR was initially announced, then the same about Sung Il Kook when Arts of Seduction was announced. Both cases turned out to be untrue.

Let's trust Ye jin decision because she has been offered lots of projects and will only choose a good one.

As long as the male lead acts well in the drama and has good chemistry with Ye jin, he will be good enough.

It's not easy to find male lead that we think is good enough for our goddess...he he..

2005-11-01

Son Ye Jin, Post "Hallyu Queen"

sonyejin1101.jpg

Son Ye Jin is dominating the spotlight of Korea, China, and Japan for a good reason, and is being given the token of the post “Hallyu Queen”.

Foremost, Son Yejin has transformed into a teaser, raising the expectations of her waiting movie fans. She has been filming an upcoming movie “Jakeop eui Jeongseok” with her costar Song Il Kook. Son Ye Jin plays a character unlike any of her previous melodrama characters, and is transformed into a lovable cute teaser. Her transformation is attracting much attention. Her acting has been winning praises as she plays an innocent looking teaser who captivates the hearts of many men.

Further, Son Ye Jin is expected to return to the home screens next year in January with Gam Woo Sung in a new drama “Yeonyea Shidae” as a divorcée in her twenties, which is yet another transformation from her usual roles. Her return to the TV screens is expected to attract many viewers.

Son Ye Jin is also gaining popularity as “Bae Yong Jun’s woman”. Son Ye Jin costarred in the movie “April Snow” with Bae Yong Jun, gaining the title “Hallyu Queen” and contributing to the success of the Japanese box office record-breaking movie. The movie “A Moment to Remember” which costars Son Ye Jin and Jung Woo Sung, is also reaping in success at Japan’s box offices, accelerating Son Ye Jin’s rise to the top as a Hallyu star. As a proof of her success, she has recently signed a commercial film contract with one of Japan’s top company famous for recruiting only the top Hallyu stars for its commercial films.

In China, the movie “April Snow” is ready to hit the box offices coming Nov., 11. How Son Ye Jin will be received by the Chinese public is expected to attract much attention. As a counterpart of Asia’s top star Bae Yong Jun, she is already attracting China’s attention, and her popularity is expected to increase after the screening of “April Snow”. Also, because China does not rate movies, the public is waiting to see how much of the love scene between Bae Yong Jun and Son Ye Jin will be revealed to the movie viewers.

When listing today’s most active actors in Asia, Son Ye Jin cannot be left out. Her current activities gives a reason for Korea, China, and Japan’s media attention as she quickly rises as the “Hallyu Queen”.

This article has been translated from Sports Today.

Picture courtesy of Sports Today.

Source: Tour2Korea

http://english.tour2korea.com/02Culture/En...num=1&kosm=m2_7

2005-11-01

Son Ye Jin, Post "Hallyu Queen"

sonyejin1101.jpg

Son Ye Jin is dominating the spotlight of Korea, China, and Japan for a good reason, and is being given the token of the post “Hallyu Queen”.

Foremost, Son Yejin has transformed into a teaser, raising the expectations of her waiting movie fans. She has been filming an upcoming movie “Jakeop eui Jeongseok” with her costar Song Il Kook. Son Ye Jin plays a character unlike any of her previous melodrama characters, and is transformed into a lovable cute teaser. Her transformation is attracting much attention. Her acting has been winning praises as she plays an innocent looking teaser who captivates the hearts of many men.

Further, Son Ye Jin is expected to return to the home screens next year in January with Gam Woo Sung in a new drama “Yeonyea Shidae” as a divorcée in her twenties, which is yet another transformation from her usual roles. Her return to the TV screens is expected to attract many viewers.

Son Ye Jin is also gaining popularity as “Bae Yong Jun’s woman”. Son Ye Jin costarred in the movie “April Snow” with Bae Yong Jun, gaining the title “Hallyu Queen” and contributing to the success of the Japanese box office record-breaking movie. The movie “A Moment to Remember” which costars Son Ye Jin and Jung Woo Sung, is also reaping in success at Japan’s box offices, accelerating Son Ye Jin’s rise to the top as a Hallyu star. As a proof of her success, she has recently signed a commercial film contract with one of Japan’s top company famous for recruiting only the top Hallyu stars for its commercial films.

In China, the movie “April Snow” is ready to hit the box offices coming Nov., 11. How Son Ye Jin will be received by the Chinese public is expected to attract much attention. As a counterpart of Asia’s top star Bae Yong Jun, she is already attracting China’s attention, and her popularity is expected to increase after the screening of “April Snow”. Also, because China does not rate movies, the public is waiting to see how much of the love scene between Bae Yong Jun and Son Ye Jin will be revealed to the movie viewers.

When listing today’s most active actors in Asia, Son Ye Jin cannot be left out. Her current activities gives a reason for Korea, China, and Japan’s media attention as she quickly rises as the “Hallyu Queen”.

This article has been translated from Sports Today.

Picture courtesy of Sports Today.

Source: Tour2Korea

http://english.tour2korea.com/02Culture/En...num=1&kosm=m2_7

Hi rubie,

Thanks for the news. Really appreciate it. Keep them coming!

Many fans say this...but don't worry.

Many fans say the same for Jung Woo Sung when AMTR was initially announced, then the same about Sung Il Kook when Arts of Seduction was announced. Both cases turned out to be untrue.

Let's trust Ye jin decision because she has been offered lots of projects and will only choose a good one.

As long as the male lead acts well in the drama and has good chemistry with Ye jin, he will be good enough.

It's not easy to find male lead that we think is good enough for our goddess...he he..

Yup! definitely!!He's not the uber handsome kind, but I've seen his previous works,he can bring his charms to screen most defnitely! And sometimes, its these non-pinup faces that allow us to focus on the drama's plot more instead of drooling over the faces. I'm sure yehjin can pull this one off!!

Cant wait for 2006!! :lol: