Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Son Ye-jin officially joins Smart Communications, Inc. family as the new endorser of their Smart Signature product line

Korean actress Son Ye Jin makes a mark as the new face of Smart Signature

by Smart Communications | Aug 03, 2020

Son Ye Jin makes her mark as Smart Signature endorser

Smart SYJ1
After capturing the hearts of Filipinos with her hit K-dramas, South Korean superstar Son Ye Jin is making her mark as the new face of Smart Signature, the postpaid brand of mobile services provider Smart Communications, Inc.

The big announcement came two months after PLDT's wireless subsidiary launched its ‘Simple, Smart Ako’ campaign, which set off a strong clamor for Smart to bring Son Ye Jin under its fold and closer to her Filipino fans.

Making her own mark

“Son Ye Jin’s appeal is undeniable among Filipinos who have been swept by the Korean wave, and we are thrilled to fulfill their wish. This is one way of supporting the Hallyu passion of our customers, who put their trust in our network so they can binge-watch the latest K-dramas, stream K-Pop hits, and stay updated on their K-idols online,” says Jane J. Basas, Senior Vice President and Head of Consumer Wireless Business at Smart.

“More than this, we know Son Ye Jin embodies the Smart Signature brand as it simplifies the postpaid experience so customers can make their mark in their career or passion,” she adds.

“As an actress, I am always grateful for having a platform to entertain and touch the lives of others through my craft. I thank Smart for giving me a way to specifically reach out to my Filipino fans and inspire them to make a mark in whatever path that they have chosen. I wish to see you all soon,” says Son Ye Jin, who earned the title ‘Queen of Melodramas’ in South Korea for her string of hit series and movies.

“Simple. Smart Ako.”

In Smart’s latest TV ad, Son Ye Jin confidently rides a motorcycle and navigates the city through the fast lane, alluding to the prioritized, worry-free, and elevated lifestyle that Smart Signature provides its customers, powered by the country’s fastest mobile data network. The ad also powerfully ends with Son Ye Jin affirming, “Simple. Smart Ako.”

“’Simple, Smart Ako' gave us a clear guiding principle when it comes to serving our customers – that is, to make amazing experiences and cutting-edge technology simple and accessible to every Filipino. We are embracing this same approach as we commit to simplifying the postpaid experience so our postpaid customers can enjoy a Signature lifestyle,” says Alfredo S. Panlilio, Smart President and CEO and PLDT Chief Revenue Officer.

Prioritized, worry-free, and elevated lifestyle

With Smart Signature, subscribers are prioritized to get first dibs on new technology and mobile innovation as well as the latest digital content. The recent launch of Smart 5G as a commercial service is proof of this as the initial phase covers provision for all Smart Signature customers, who can now enjoy blazing-fast data speeds on Smart 5G-certified devices at select Smart 5G spots in Metro Manila.

With its well-designed plans, Smart Signature also keeps postpaid subscribers worry-free when it comes to connecting with family and friends, or staying online for work, play, or entertainment. Smart Signature caters to different lifestyles by offering SIM-Only or Device Plans that come in S, M, L, and XL. Each plan features generous data inclusions starting at 5 GB for only P999 per month to up to 60 GB for only P2,999 per month, so customers can go from virtual work meetings to streaming the latest K-dramas on their phone with ease.  

Smart Signature also delivers an elevated lifestyle for loyal customers, who can enjoy perks and rewards through points earned via MVP Rewards, among other unique experiences and privileges awaiting subscribers throughout the year.

Country’s fastest mobile data network

Smart Signature is powered by Smart LTE, which has been recognized by third-party analytics firms as the country’s fastest mobile data network.

Ookla, the global leader in internet testing and analysis, cited Smart as The Philippines’ Speedtest Awards Winner for mobile network speed during Q1-Q4 2019. To win this award, Smart achieved a Speed Score™ of 17.40, with average speeds of 19.62 Mbps for download and 9.45 Mbps for upload.

On the other hand, Opensignal, an independent mobile analytics firm, reported in its April 2020 Mobile Network Experience Report for the Philippines that Smart remained ahead of the competition in terms of Video Experience, Upload and Download Speed Experience, Voice App Experience, Games Experience, and 4G Availability.  

Make your mark with Smart Signature now! Learn more about the Smart Signature Plan perfect for your lifestyle at smart.com.ph/signature. Sign up as a new subscriber, or upgrade your current Smart Postpaid Plan at Smart Stores nationwide or the Smart Online Store at store.smart.com.ph. 
Spoiler

Smart Communications, Inc. (Smart) is a wholly-owned wireless communications and digital services subsidiary of PLDT, Inc., the Philippines’ leading telecommunications company. Smart serves approximately 95% of the country’s cities and municipalities with its combined 2G, 3G, and 4G LTE network*, providing mobile communications services, high-speed internet connectivity, and access to digital services and content to over 71.4 million Filipinos*, through its commercial brands Smart, TNT, and Sun. Smart also offers satellite communication services under the brand Smart World.

As part of PLDT's massive digital transformation program, Smart has committed to give more than 90% of the population access to its most advanced LTE network, in order to support the country’s growing digital economy, as well as provide the best customer experience for an increasingly digital Filipino lifestyle.

source: https://smart.com.ph/About/profile/

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DedicatedSailor said:

Short and sweet article about SYJ’s Smart commercial. She’s an English queen! Hollywood better be ready for her

https://www.wheninmanila.com/5-fun-facts-about-son-ye-jin-smart-commercial/

YJ is really very very professional and always gives her best in whatever she does --> she challenges herself by doing the entire voice-over on her own.

On the other hand, we can also see her dorky and cute side when she "unexpectedly posted" her Ducati BTS on her IG --> Spoiler Queen. 

Though I must say, I am a teeny weeny bit disappointed that Smart brought YJ onboard only after fans requested "so that Capt Ri would not be lonely". Nevertheless, it is still a great blessing that we can see BinJin together again in the same frame soon (after Baeksang)!! 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ILSYJSG said:

YJ is really very very professional and always gives her best in whatever she does --> she challenges herself by doing the entire voice-over on her own.

On the other hand, we can also see her dorky and cute side when she "unexpectedly posted" her Ducati BTS on her IG --> Spoiler Queen. 

Though I must say, I am a teeny weeny bit disappointed that Smart brought YJ onboard only after fans requested "so that Capt Ri would not be lonely". Nevertheless, it is still a great blessing that we can see BinJin together again in the same frame soon (after Baeksang)!! 

I agree! I was so looking forward to hearing her speak in English for this CF since we got Hollywood news, but she blew me away by doing the complete voice over! And it’s soooo good.

And it is a bit sad that it wasn’t in their initial plans but it all works out in the end! They surely get their money’s worth by having SYJ as an endorser

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DedicatedSailor said:

I agree! I was so looking forward to hearing her speak in English for this CF since we got Hollywood news, but she blew me away by doing the complete voice over! And it’s soooo good.

And it is a bit sad that it wasn’t in their initial plans but it all works out in the end! They surely get their money’s worth by having SYJ as an endorser

Totally agree!! I find YJ's articulation really good in the Smart CF. Her English has improved a great deal from the time she spoke to the Swiss lady in CLOY. So proud of YJ!

By getting Binjin to endorse their products is a really smart move by SMART. 

Individually, HB is very popular and YJ is highly sought after.

However as a package, this golden couple is PEERLESS.

Their upcoming joint CF will surely break the internet.

• Like 4

I really like YJ here - her hair, her smile, her dress. She looks like her character in AMTR (Kim Su Jin) --> she's hardly aged since then!

First time see her wearing a mask --> very cute. And she is so warm and friendly towards those working with her. Absolutely no airs whatsoever. Very humble and down to earth. Love her!

• Like 7
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

I just love her that I asked SMART for my Son Ye Jin desk standee if any as a Smart signature subscriber, they said they don’t have it yet. I’ll definitely wait for that. 

As for the trend, I was amazed of the support from the international fans... speechless. I was a proud twitter addict for today, for the Love of Son Ye Jin (not into Socmed much but becoming one).  Cheers to SYJ’s success. 

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

It Seems Like Son Ye Jin And Hyun Bin Will Be Having Their Own *Mini-Love Story* In Smart's New Campaign

son-ye-jin-new-smart-endorser-1596448631

Yup, our fave K-drama couple from Crash Landing On You is *reuniting*! In June, Smart launched Hyun Bin as the brand's newest endorser, released Hyun Bin merch, and even confirmed that he will definitely be flying to the Philippines as soon as possible.

During a press conference today, August 3, Smart confirmed that Son Ye Jin is joining Hyun Bin as an endorser, this time for Smart Signature! Speculations about the project were all over the internet ever since Ye Jin posted a video of her getting on a motorcycle in the city, which mirrored Smart's video teasers

In a recorded interview with Smart, Son Ye Jin said that she wants to go back to the PH (she actually visited the country 10 years ago)! The Smart team says that Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin visiting the PH together is totally a possibility.

We're positive that there will also be an ad of Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin together, since the commercial hints that they are in the same location, with Ye Jin riding a motorcycle and Hyun Bin inside a car. She even ~glances back~ to look at the car's driver. That's one more thing to look forward to while we're waiting for them to visit us here! 

Crash Landing On You, which aired from 2019 to 2020, tells the story of a South Korean heiress named Yoon Se Ri (Son Ye Jin) who lands in North Korea after a paragliding accident. She meets a soldier, Captain Ri (Hyun Bin). who helps her get back home, and the two fall in love in the process. The drama became such a hit in the PH that people were even visiting filming locations and creating their own CLOY-inspired photoshoots

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/son-ye-jin-new-smart-endorser-a2520-20200803

--- 

More on her SMART contract:

With interview:

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 2

23 minutes ago, DedicatedSailor said:

She is super cute in that Zoom meeting! I wish we get to see more of her casual looks if/when she becomes active on IG again. Or a guesting on Um Jeewon’s vlog with the other Cinderellas would be great too 

Oh yes!! ME too!! Love her casual looks more than her "modelling" / "all-made-up" looks. Her natural beauty shines through effortlessly.

Recently I watched Uhm Ji Won's latest vlog where she spent time shopping and eating with Gong Hyo Jin and Han Ji Hye (who acted with YJ in Summer Scent). It was so interesting and fun to watch the ladies hanging out, doing normal everyday stuff. Saw some comments requesting her to get YJ to guest in her vlog too! 

Happy for YJ that she has this solid circle of girlfriends who will be there for her, supporting her always, come what may.

• Like 7

More from zoom chat

Will Son Ye-jin Be Coming to the Philippines Soon?

We just came off of an online press conference with Smart (where Ye-jin herself even made an online appearance!), and here are some things she shared and that we learned about the ‘Crash Landing on You’ star:

Her partnership involves a visit to the Philippines.

Her partnership with Smart actually involves a visit to the Philippines with three events. However, due to the pandemic, it is still uncertain when and if this will be happening. Another big question is whether she will be coming with Hyun Bin, her co-star in ‘Crash Landing on You’, who is also an endorser of the brand. “They might come together; they might not,” the brand teases. “Who knows? They might even fall in love here,” they say jokingly.

Shing Dimagiba, Luzon Marketing Head for Smart, says there are no immediate plans for now, though it is something we would definitely be excited to see. He points out that the Korean stars have jam-packed schedules all year round, as well, but they are definitely looking forward to their visit once our situation improves.

Ye-jin is very excited to meet her fans.

Did you know that Ye-jin has been to Palawan 10 years ago? As much as Smart wanted to bring her here to shoot the commercial, they said they had to take what they can get. Ye-jin herself said that she really wanted to come here to shoot it, as well, and meet the fans of the show who sent so many heartwarming messages on social media. “Still, I am happy I get to meet them this way,” Ye-jin says, adding that she hopes she will be able to visit soon and that she is grateful for the love and support of the Filipino fans.

Ye-jin is extremely humble.

When asked what kind of person Ye-jin is behind the scenes, she surprised us all by answering that there is nothing special about her. (I find that very hard to believe.) She explains that she is always in character in front of the camera and sticks to that character. “Behind the camera, however, I think I’m just ordinary,” she claims. “I’m the same person as you guys.” Uh… right… :p

When asked for tips on how to succeed in the business, she also very humbly answered that she isn’t sure if she has already succeeded. “However, young people who just started in their respective fields are going to be scared and experience hardships like I did. It helps to set a goal,” she suggests. “Even if the reality seems far from your goal, you need to imagine reaching that goal. That will help you get a step closer to your dreams.”

Ergh! We love her!!!

https://www.wheninmanila.com/will-son-ye-jin-be-coming-to-the-philippines-soon/

Two months ago, Smart wowed us with a Hyun Bin commercial; and yesterday, we speculated that Hyun Bin’s leading lady in ‘Crash Landing on You’, Son Ye-jin, might be Smart’s newest endorser. Well, it turns out we were totally right!

We just came off of an online press conference with the Philippine telco company (where Ye-jin herself even made an online appearance!), and here are some things we learned about her new action-packed commercial:

Here's another one:

https://www.wheninmanila.com/5-fun-facts-about-son-ye-jin-smart-commercial/

• Like 5

I still find it funny that SYJ "unexpectedly posted" a teaser of the CF on her IG, when by most accounts from Smart execs, they didn't expect her to, or that it was never implied that she can go do it. The Smart execs seem to be wanting to keep this under wraps as much as possible, but SYJ had other plans, I guess. :lol:Naughty girl! It reminds me of when she took the posters from the director onstage, when the stagehand was just about to give her her own posters.

I mean, I don't blame her - how many opportunities will she have making a CF that makes her ride a Ducati? She's probably too impatient to wait 2 more weeks to show it to the world. 

• LOL 6

Yea I thought that was funny  :lol: Since I remember going like, oh wow she is posting this video already from her shoot.. and then shortly after SMART followed on twitter. I remember going.. guess no one is holding back now :lol: We know a certain other team was keeping that news under wraps ;) hahaa Also I don't think that director posted his pics back up again from the CF shooting with her lol...

• LOL 2