Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

1 hour ago, cybertron said:

Normally how long it takes to filming a movie?

And since the article mention about the writer travel back and fourth to US,will they filming this drama in US too?

It's usually about 2-3 months to film a movie. Since Pirates is a period movie, I think it will take a little longer. 

They haven't released anything about the script so at this time we don't know yet. But if they successfully cast both HB and SYJ then it would be a huge project so it's possible to have shooting locations out of the country.

• Like 1

I heard a while ago filming for Pirates 2 will start in June but until now there is no official confirmation from Son Ye Jin. That’s when I started suspecting she had other plan. 

With Spring Night I heard that the casting was unsuccessful even before the news broke out so it is different from this one.

Negotiation took only 1.5 months to film. I still think they can manage her schedule even if she decides to do both.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, VivianWww said:

Btw, I used to be a silent lurker too but not any more. In fact, I have created some accounts in Korean major English news sites to vocal my support to our couple during this time. 

Anyone who is Korean or know Korean please leave supportive comments in Korean sites. It will help to fight back those negative, hateful ones. Thank you very much!

9 hours ago, cybertron said:

Not only knetz,some international fans also bash both of them on yejin and vast’s ig..

but im glad most international fans excited to see this pairing...

those not happy with this pairing mostly the shipper for another pairing..

btw,i hope HB will be invited to mermaidlhj wedding on 7th April..

Im sure Yejin will attend..

Actually I'm really thankful to those who took their time in patiently posting their positive comments and reactions in multiple sites. I don't have the patience to do that btw. Especially in exchanging with those out-of-the-line postings in SYJ's and vast's IG accounts There are times that I also don't like SYJ's and HB's co-stars, yet I still watch their works because I truly am a fan of their talent and the person that they are. I read some very bad comments there and I was honestly flabbergasted. I would understand these "shippers" to comment such on fan forums created for their "shipping" purposes. But to go to SYJ's and vast ent"s IGs to post comments dissuading the actor/actress him/herself to accept a project smacks outright interference and out-of-the-line. ICan't they trust the artist (they professed to admire at that) to make a wise judgement? Besides, if they're really into their chosen ship and believe that there's a possibility of romance between them, what are they to be afraid of if SYJ and HB pairs up in a new drama? I would imagine if I were in their shoes, if there's a hint that either of the couple isn't into the other, I would abandon it and accept. Staying in a sinking ship all these years and months w/o any hope is very tiring emotionally. The fact that HB/SYJ (most esp HB as he's the one w/ so many "shipping" fans), did not make any moves pursuing the female co-star after the project is done is a clear sign that he's not interested. He's a grown man, and if he's really into her he would do so like w/ KSR w/c I believe took them only a couple of mos to be a couple.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, VivianWww said:

I heard a while ago filming for Pirates 2 will start in June but until now there is no official confirmation from Son Ye Jin. That’s when I started suspecting she had other plan. 

With Spring Night I heard that the casting was unsuccessful even before the news broke out so it is different from this one.

Negotiation took only 1.5 months to film. I still think they can manage her schedule even if she decides to do both.

I looked up The Fiery Priest drama of KNG and it's 40-episode long with the latest shown episodes at 27 & 28, so mostly likely it's going to finish showing in mid-May. So maybe it's really possible that the Pirates shooting would begin in June. I'm keeping my fingers cross that SYJ's schedule could accommodate this TVN drama. In the meantime if it pushes through and SYJ and HB really accept the offer, would that mean HB would be waiting all the while? If yes, I salute his patience and "determination" (tongue in cheek).

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, thi2018 said:

It's usually about 2-3 months to film a movie. Since Pirates is a period movie, I think it will take a little longer. 

They haven't released anything about the script so at this time we don't know yet. But if they successfully cast both HB and SYJ then it would be a huge project so it's possible to have shooting locations out of the country.

I believe that this would be a really big project too as their casting alone is a huge achievement in itself. I've watched this writer's work The Producer and I liked it. All of her works so far have been hits and well-received. That's why I was excited to read that she contacted HB to possibly cast him last March. I'm intrigued though, whose idea was it to cast SYJ also? Was it HB himself or the writer?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cybertron said:

Just wonder,any real couple life act together in movie/drama other than Gong Yoo and his rumored gf??

8 hours ago, VivianWww said:

There are plenty of rumoured couples also collab in drama/movie. Ye Jin and Kim Nam Gil is one case. She had a rumour with him while filming Shark but still collab with him

in Pirates.

I think it’s rarer for confirmed couple or husband and wife to collab in S.K though.

Yup I agree it's really rare for confirmed couples to star in a project in SK. In the many years I've been into Korean showbiz, I can't even think of one right now. It's almost always that they starred before in a project and developed a relationship during or after the process of filming. Kim Seung Woo & Kim Nam Joo, Eugene of SES & her husband etc. It might have to do w/ the dissipation of thrill on the audience's side knowing that they're a couple in real-life anyway. AS for the artists themselves, per Kim Seung Woo/namjoo couple, they themselves find it hard to act in front of the other. Well, maybe because they are already married and know themselves too well already.

• Like 1

I stand by my ground that they are really a couple atm. I’m actually not a delusional shipper. I just look at the facts.

From my understanding, they started off as co-star but grew close after Negotiation promotional activities. I can see through their eye contacts and body languages they really have something for each other, especially from HB. If you are his long term fan you’ll notice how different he was around SYJ compared to his previous co-stars.

I think they are at least close friends but he seemed blushed, not normal when you are with friend but only with the one you like.

Then came the rumour. I didn’t just believe in rumours because they can be made up. But the pictures are undeniable evidences for me.

Of course, after the photos scandal they are both staying low. It’s hard for us to know where their relationship is going. But judging from Hyun Bin happy look at events and this news of collaboration, I think they are doing fine.

I think Hyun Bin was contacted first for this project and he recommended SYJ.

Since we are in the dark now you can refute anything I said. But only time will give the best answer. We’ll see.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

i read a lot of comment how shy and reserve hb is,and its different when he with yejin..

i didnt follow him so i dont really know about him.

but those comment was from his fans.

and im a bit shock looking at this clip..

he jumping like a little kid:D

• Like 3

The reason why they kept this relationship a secret I think because SYJ never wants to reveal her relationship (unless they are close to getting married).

HB used to confirm his relationship too early. That’s one of reason why they’re failed in the past. Maybe this time he learned and decided to keep it under lock and key.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, cybertron said:

i read a lot of comment how shy and reserve hb are,and its different when he with yejin..

i didnt follow him so i dont really know about him.

but those comment was from his fans.

and im a bit shock looking at this clip..

he jumping like a little kid:D

Yes, I have looked at all his movie/ drama press conferences, stage greetings and I can assure you he’s never been like that around any female costar. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, VivianWww said:

Yes, I have looked at all his movie/ drama press conferences, stage greetings and I can assure you he’s never been like that around any female costar. 

Very true. I watched all his interviews before and after the Negotiation promotions, I can tell you his reactions were a lot different during the interviews for the fatal encounters, the confidential assignment, and the Swindlers. He was more talkative and always had big smiles on his face after the Negotiation promotional activities. I wish I could post those here with eng sub but in order to post video interviews on this website, it must be posted on youtube, IG, or other sites and usually those interviews are blocked by sbs, mbc, or kbs, etc...he had rumors with his costars from the Swindlers and The memories of Alhambra but he was so distant from them during the interviews. It was just my observation. SYJ even commented that HB is very reserved and old-fashion so seeing him acting like that around SYJ is very different from his personality. They're probably in "get to know" each other stage. For me, either they are or not in relationship, I want them in a drama together, at least 16 eps please :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, thi2018 said:

For me, either they are or not in relationship, I want them in a drama together, at least 16 eps please :) 

me too...no matter what their real life relationship,i want to see them in drama..

I only watched HB’s 2 movies Swindler and C.Assigment..

The part in Nego when he ask bout Yejin’s size and the ending part really make me wanna see them in romcom or melo...

*praying hard they accept this drama* 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VivianWww said:

I stand by my ground that they are really a couple atm. I’m actually not a delusional shipper. I just look at the facts.

From my understanding, they started off as co-star but grew close after Negotiation promotional activities. I can see through their eye contacts and body languages they really have something for each other, especially from HB. If you are his long term fan you’ll notice how different he was around SYJ compared to his previous co-stars.

I think they are at least close friends but he seemed blushed, not normal when you are with friend but only with the one you like.

Then came the rumour. I didn’t just believe in rumours because they can be made up. But the pictures are undeniable evidences for me.

Of course, after the photos scandal they are both staying low. It’s hard for us to know where their relationship is going. But judging from Hyun Bin happy look at events and this news of collaboration, I think they are doing fine.

I think Hyun Bin was contacted first for this project and he recommended SYJ.

Since we are in the dark now you can refute anything I said. But only time will give the best answer. We’ll see.

I wouldn't want to refute you on anything as I would be the first one to be happy also if you are right. I'd be happy that the two of my most favorite artists have found happiness in each other after all the twists and turns. For years their paths have only circled around each other and they never intersected at all, no movies or drama projects & not even CFs... then bam Negotiation happened. But still, as HB was still in a relatively new relationship then, I never thought "something" would happen. I was only looking forward to how superb their movie would turn out...

And you're definitely not a delusional shipper. Their supermarket pics can attest to that. The dark glasses, hats, and dark clothes they wore evokes suspicions as well. And the fact that they have been spotted not just in Korea but more overseas bolster that too.  I can also see w/ how their eyes sparkle in each other's presence during all their promos and how they both are always laughing/smiling. How they candidly and superlatively praise each other vocally. They both admit that they took the project mainly because the other was in it. In other projects, like Hyde Jekyll & Me HB said he liked the role to be of dual personality that's why he chose it and MOA as it was a new genre he never tried before. But this time it's different. He could have said because the role is very different as he now plays the protagonist. It is a fact and would be a very safe answer. HB would even later in the promos say firmly that "because yejin was in it" and the reason to watch the  movie "is to watch yejin" that simple.I would understand if HB said this about a male co-actor or another very senior actress as seeing how HB is a very controlled person, he wouldn't want to court a romantic mis-interpretation if he says this about his female co-star who happens to be very attractive and beautiful. But the fact that HB is very vocal and expressive about it surprises me to be honest. One wouldn't guess that their movie was a hostage-negotiator slant as the two evokes more of the romantic sense in the promos. What I can specially remember is when HB got totally floored when SYJ was asked how she finds HB - "SYJ-sii what do you think of HB?". Judging from how floored he was in those few seconds, I saw that he took the query to mean on how he was personally as a man to SYJ and not as a co-actor. This very spontaneous reaction just reflects what was at the back of his mind during those promo periods. Through Yejin's very smart answer where she deflected it to their movie & as colleagues that HB then said how SYJ is a friend who buys him food & a good negotiator when his turn came. I've been looking for a complete clip w/ subs of that portion but sadly I think it has been removed. It was in 3 parts. What I only found now is that HB-SYJ More than friends fmv in youtube where it included that particular moment

• Like 3
  • Love 2

thank you sooo much guys for your explaination about HB...

i admit that when the first rumor came out,i dont like Yejin with HB..

I know his previous relationship,so i thought he is the type of guy who is easy to fall in love with his co star..especially he just break up with KSR on 2017.. 

but then im thinking,yejin is not the type of actress who fall in love with her co star and she acted with soooo many a list and good looking actor.

So,if they really in relationship,means HB really a great guy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cybertron said:

count me in dear..

Me too. I think marriage is definitely in their plan. Given their ages and if the rumours are true, HB was introduced by YJ to her family. So it is serious.

Looking at HB’s past, I can only say that he tended to have gf who were actresses. It’s because he’s pretty shy and introvert so he doesn’t have a big social circle of acquaintances. Also he wants someone who understands the inregular life pattern an actor has.

In 15 years he has only 3 gf (publicly) so it is not too many for a guy like him.

Of course I don’t know him personally but from what I see he seems to be a great guy. He’s honest and can’t hide his feeling very well hahaha. He’s family oriented, loves to cook and gentle towards women. He seems like a good bf willing to do whatever his gf wants (his series of selfies with YJ surprised me, it’s not like him to do cheesy things like that). It seems he loves her very much.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, VivianWww said:

Looking at HB’s past, I can only say that he tended to have gf who were actresses. It’s because he’s pretty shy and introvert so he doesn’t have a big social circle of acquaintances. Also he wants someone who understands the inregular life pattern an actor has.

He seems like a good bf willing to do whatever his gf wants (his series of selfies with YJ surprised me, it’s not like him to do cheesy things like that). It seems he loves her very much.

As i remember Yejin also said its better if her partner also in the same industry,because she such a busy woman.

Its hard for them to spend time together if they have different career..

Maybe during this interview,she already in relationship ip with HB..;)

HB seems like a boyfriend that spoil his girlfriend...hahaha:lol:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, cybertron said:

thank you sooo much guys for your explaination about HB...

i admit that when the first rumor came out,i dont like Yejin with HB..

I know his previous relationship,so i thought he is the type of guy who is easy to fall in love with his co star..especially he just break up with KSR on 2017.. 

but then im thinking,yejin is not the type of actress who fall in love with her co star and she acted with soooo many a list and good looking actor.

So,if they really in relationship,means HB really a great guy.

I don't blame others who are apprehensive for SYJ given HB's dating history. But as VivianWww said, he only had 3 gfs (w/ 2 of them really admitted) and given his good looks and stature, we can't say this is abnormally many already. Even for normal guys, this could be the number of relationships they've had in the same time span. In matters of the heart, everyone goes through the same journey (falling in love/break-ups/falling out of love) until we find our "The one". So as for me, he is a good & upright guy. You can tell the kind of man a person is by the company he keeps. And knowing that he is very close w/ Jang Donggun says much about his character. As for why the KSR relationship fizzled and cooled down, I could only surmise why for now but I'd like to keep it to myself first. I may not know HB personally but as a longtime fan, I've always been struck by how serious and sincere he is in anything he does. I could not forget the big tears rolling down his face when he came out from his military duties & expressed how much he missed acting. Given his usually calm, reserved and collected demeanor, that clip was very raw and real.

If SYJ & HB end up together, then she is a very lucky woman and vice versa. And yup, you are right SYJ is not the type to fall readily for a handsome/hunky man. And for me, her very candid praises for HB is also very revealing. By allowing HB to get close to her outside of work means that HB has something that impressed SYJ enough to trust him.

• Like 5