Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Guest sandrydc

2005-11-01

Son Ye Jin, Post "Hallyu Queen"

sonyejin1101.jpg

Son Ye Jin is dominating the spotlight of Korea, China, and Japan for a good reason, and is being given the token of the post “Hallyu Queen”.

Foremost, Son Yejin has transformed into a teaser, raising the expectations of her waiting movie fans. She has been filming an upcoming movie “Jakeop eui Jeongseok” with her costar Song Il Kook. Son Ye Jin plays a character unlike any of her previous melodrama characters, and is transformed into a lovable cute teaser. Her transformation is attracting much attention. Her acting has been winning praises as she plays an innocent looking teaser who captivates the hearts of many men.

Further, Son Ye Jin is expected to return to the home screens next year in January with Gam Woo Sung in a new drama “Yeonyea Shidae” as a divorcée in her twenties, which is yet another transformation from her usual roles. Her return to the TV screens is expected to attract many viewers.

Son Ye Jin is also gaining popularity as “Bae Yong Jun’s woman”. Son Ye Jin costarred in the movie “April Snow” with Bae Yong Jun, gaining the title “Hallyu Queen” and contributing to the success of the Japanese box office record-breaking movie. The movie “A Moment to Remember” which costars Son Ye Jin and Jung Woo Sung, is also reaping in success at Japan’s box offices, accelerating Son Ye Jin’s rise to the top as a Hallyu star. As a proof of her success, she has recently signed a commercial film contract with one of Japan’s top company famous for recruiting only the top Hallyu stars for its commercial films.

In China, the movie “April Snow” is ready to hit the box offices coming Nov., 11. How Son Ye Jin will be received by the Chinese public is expected to attract much attention. As a counterpart of Asia’s top star Bae Yong Jun, she is already attracting China’s attention, and her popularity is expected to increase after the screening of “April Snow”. Also, because China does not rate movies, the public is waiting to see how much of the love scene between Bae Yong Jun and Son Ye Jin will be revealed to the movie viewers.

When listing today’s most active actors in Asia, Son Ye Jin cannot be left out. Her current activities gives a reason for Korea, China, and Japan’s media attention as she quickly rises as the “Hallyu Queen”.

This article has been translated from Sports Today.

Picture courtesy of Sports Today.

Source: Tour2Korea

http://english.tour2korea.com/02Culture/En...num=1&kosm=m2_7

Thanks for the good news, Rubie.

SYJ forever!!!

^

Hi Syjfan, sandrydc & everyone... more good news for AMTR & SYJ. Take care & have a great week! :lol:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update : Nov 2, 2005 KST 16:21

"A Memory To Remember" tops Japanese box-office for two straight weeks

ga_l.jpg

The movie “A Memory To Remember” has topped the Japanese box-office for two straight weeks, and even beat out its formidable rival, the much-touted Japanese movie “Spring Snow,” which opened on the weekend of Oct. 29-30.

“Spring Snow” was directed by the renowned Japanese director Yukisata Osao, who has produced many hit movies so far. It drew significant attention even before its opening for co-starring Tsumabuki Satoshi and Takeuchi Yuko, both of whom have a large fan base in Korea as well.

The Japanese box-office evaluation site http://www.eiga.com said “A Memory To Remember” topped the box-office during the last weekend of October, followed by “Spring Snow,” “Charlie And The Chocolate Factory,” “Corpse Bride” and “Gundam Ⅱ.” Meanwhile, “April Snow” failed to break the top 10.

The success of “A Memory To Remember” is significant because it has received recognition solely for its superb qualities as a movie, unlike “April Snow,” whose popularity can largely be ascribed to the “Yonsama” phenomenon.

“A Memory To Remember” struck a chord with Japanese audiences because it is based on the Japanese TV drama “Pure Soul” and is of the melodrama genre, the favorite genre among Japanese viewers. The movie’s superb production techniques and the constantly rising popularity of its leading actors -- Son Ye-jin, who also starred in “April Snow,” and Chung Woo-sung, who plays a lead in “The Warrior Princess” -- also contributed to the movie’s popularity in Japan.

The movie’s box-office success in Japan will serve as a good indicator of what direction the Korean Wave phenomenon should take in the future.

Source: KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/mcontents/enterta...6409_11692.html

2005-11-01

Son Ye Jin, Post "Hallyu Queen"

sonyejin1101.jpg

Son Ye Jin is dominating the spotlight of Korea, China, and Japan for a good reason, and is being given the token of the post “Hallyu Queen”.

Foremost, Son Yejin has transformed into a teaser, raising the expectations of her waiting movie fans. She has been filming an upcoming movie “Jakeop eui Jeongseok” with her costar Song Il Kook. Son Ye Jin plays a character unlike any of her previous melodrama characters, and is transformed into a lovable cute teaser. Her transformation is attracting much attention. Her acting has been winning praises as she plays an innocent looking teaser who captivates the hearts of many men.

Further, Son Ye Jin is expected to return to the home screens next year in January with Gam Woo Sung in a new drama “Yeonyea Shidae” as a divorcée in her twenties, which is yet another transformation from her usual roles. Her return to the TV screens is expected to attract many viewers.

Son Ye Jin is also gaining popularity as “Bae Yong Jun’s woman”. Son Ye Jin costarred in the movie “April Snow” with Bae Yong Jun, gaining the title “Hallyu Queen” and contributing to the success of the Japanese box office record-breaking movie. The movie “A Moment to Remember” which costars Son Ye Jin and Jung Woo Sung, is also reaping in success at Japan’s box offices, accelerating Son Ye Jin’s rise to the top as a Hallyu star. As a proof of her success, she has recently signed a commercial film contract with one of Japan’s top company famous for recruiting only the top Hallyu stars for its commercial films.

In China, the movie “April Snow” is ready to hit the box offices coming Nov., 11. How Son Ye Jin will be received by the Chinese public is expected to attract much attention. As a counterpart of Asia’s top star Bae Yong Jun, she is already attracting China’s attention, and her popularity is expected to increase after the screening of “April Snow”. Also, because China does not rate movies, the public is waiting to see how much of the love scene between Bae Yong Jun and Son Ye Jin will be revealed to the movie viewers.

When listing today’s most active actors in Asia, Son Ye Jin cannot be left out. Her current activities gives a reason for Korea, China, and Japan’s media attention as she quickly rises as the “Hallyu Queen”.

This article has been translated from Sports Today.

Picture courtesy of Sports Today.

Source: Tour2Korea

http://english.tour2korea.com/02Culture/En...num=1&kosm=m2_7

Thanks for the good news! Though I don't really like or agree with the part of her gaining popularity as "BYJ's woman". I mean even if it's not meant literally, it still somehow hints that Ye Jin became more popular because she acted as BYJ's lover in the film. :rolleyes:

^

Hi Syjfan, sandrydc & everyone... more good news for AMTR & SYJ. Take care & have a great week! :lol:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ga_l.jpg

The movie “A Memory To Remember” has topped the Japanese box-office for two straight weeks, and even beat out its formidable rival, the much-touted Japanese movie “Spring Snow,” which opened on the weekend of Oct. 29-30.

“Spring Snow” was directed by the renowned Japanese director Yukisata Osao, who has produced many hit movies so far. It drew significant attention even before its opening for co-starring Tsumabuki Satoshi and Takeuchi Yuko, both of whom have a large fan base in Korea as well.

The Japanese box-office evaluation site http://www.eiga.com said “A Memory To Remember” topped the box-office during the last weekend of October, followed by “Spring Snow,” “Charlie And The Chocolate Factory,” “Corpse Bride” and “Gundam Ⅱ.” Meanwhile, “April Snow” failed to break the top 10.

The success of “A Memory To Remember” is significant because it has received recognition solely for its superb qualities as a movie, unlike “April Snow,” whose popularity can largely be ascribed to the “Yonsama” phenomenon.

“A Memory To Remember” struck a chord with Japanese audiences because it is based on the Japanese TV drama “Pure Soul” and is of the melodrama genre, the favorite genre among Japanese viewers. The movie’s superb production techniques and the constantly rising popularity of its leading actors -- Son Ye-jin, who also starred in “April Snow,” and Chung Woo-sung, who plays a lead in “The Warrior Princess” -- also contributed to the movie’s popularity in Japan.

The movie’s box-office success in Japan will serve as a good indicator of what direction the Korean Wave phenomenon should take in the future.

Once again, thanks Rubie.

On one hand, I am happy to read about AMTR on top of Japanese local blockbuster, on the other hand, why can't they stop making negative remarks April Snow and 'Yonsama'. Be it AMTR or April Snow, they are still movies that Ye jin has put in a lot of efforts. April Snow is a good movie too.

I think if KBS has nothing good to say about April Snow, they should just refrain from writing about it....

News from Japan reported that the box office of AMTR in the second week is 95% of the first week, which is very good. That means, the appeal of the movie is still very strong in its second week.

And this is partially because of Spring Snow diverted some of the movie goers as they are of the same melodrama genre and Spring Snow featured a renowned director and lead actors with huge Japanese fan base.

Industry watchers predicted that the chance of AMTR hitting no. 1 again in the 3rd week is high going by the extremely strong second weekend box office. Spring Snow may still be the strongest competitor for AMTR for the no.1 spot this coming week.

They're going to show Lover's Concerto here in SG soon after airing Crazy First Love weeeee........seems like they've been airing Ye Jin's shows ever since AS came to the cinemas here. Well I think that the publicity of the movie might have really been good for her star-status here as well, good for her though I think her true talent and appeal might have really been discovered at the same time.

They're going to show Lover's Concerto here in SG soon after airing Crazy First Love weeeee........seems like they've been airing Ye Jin's shows ever since AS came to the cinemas here. Well I think that the publicity of the movie might have really been good for her star-status here as well, good for her though I think her true talent and appeal might have really been discovered at the same time.

Very true, RWSlove.

But movies can only do so much. If Ye jin is to get widespread popularity, she will have to do it through TV drama and probably that is why all the big stars are going back to TV dramas.

My observation is that many k-addicts will worship a korean celebrity due to their role in certain TV drama and a key part of this is that the viewers got emotionally involved in the storyline. This is very difficult to achieve via a movie.

Also I find that k-addicts who love TV dramas are not necessarily those who will go to a movie to watch their idols. Many such k-addicts around me usually find korean movies too boring. In that 1 to 2 hours, you cannot get the twists and turns of a TV drama.

Will be a while more before Ye jin can gain the kind of popularity of CJW or SHK, but at least in Japan, she is the Queen at the moment. Happy that her talents are being recognised by the Japanese.

^

ga_l.jpg

Thanks for the great news once again....... Go Go AMTR! One of the best movies I've seen yet..........

I like her new title as the Hallyu Queen. It suits her. :D

I really can't wait for her new movie Arts of Seduction. But I think I'm more excited for her tv drama for next year. Who's Gam Woo Sung? For a second there I thought it was Jung Woo Sung and I got all excited. :lol:

“April Snow” sets precedent in Chinese theaters

October 31, 2005

The movie “April Snow,” starring actor Bae Yong-jun, will be shown in China with Chinese subtitles at the enthusiastic request of the actor’s Chinese fans.

The movie’s investor and distributor Showeast said the Chinese distributor of “April Snow” will show the movie with Chinese subtitles at selected theaters. The decision not to dub the movie into Chinese was made because the actor’s Chinese fans flooded the firm with requests to allow them to hear Bae’s original voice.

“That is quite unprecedented in China, where even Hollywood movies are dubbed into Chinese,” said a person from Showeast.

Chinese audiences generally prefer to watch Hollywood and Asian movies that have been dubbed into Chinese. But “April Snow” will become the first foreign movie to be shown with subtitles, once again attesting to the skyrocketing popularity of Yonsama.

Showeast says it will show both the subtitled and dubbed versions of the movie so that audiences can watch the version they prefer. However, theaters showing the dubbed version will outnumber those showing the subtitled version, because the majority of Chinese viewers still prefer dubbed films.

”April Snow” will open in more than 20 Chinese cities on Nov. 11. Bae will soon visit Beijing for three days to promote the movie.

Source: KBS Global @ http://english.kbs.co.kr/entertainment/new...6185_11858.html

Guest yellow roses

yay! hey when is crazy first love and Lover's Concerto exactly airing? which channel? what time? :P thanks

I want to see Lover's Concerto. I heard it was a very sad movie.

quteacho matey, when is Arts of Seduction coming out? I'm so dying to watch it already. I want to see Ye Jin's knack for comedy. hehehe