Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Guest unnie77

class="art_title"Son Ye-jin Jumps into Action in Pirate-Themed Film

Actress Son Ye-jin had a tough challenge playing the role of a charismatic pirate captain in "The Pirates," an action comedy released on Wednesday. In the film about pirates and mountain bandits who search for the state seal that was swallowed by a whale, Son had to perform many action scenes featuring martial arts.

"I experienced some minor action scenes in my previous films, but I always wanted more because I know I can take it," she said. "The whole experience of filming 'The Pirates' was quite adventurous and very exciting, even though I suffered from muscle pain while shooting since I didn’t have much time to prepare due to my other engagements."

2014080900391_0.jpg

Son has been regularly appearing in a movie at least once a year since her debut, with moderate success.

"I tended to be introverted when I was young, and I often stressed out trying to be perfect," she said.

But as her career as an actress goes on, she gains more confidence.

"I've learned that there are people who like me and there are also people who hate me, so I'm not swayed by others anymore," she said. "But I feel responsible for the outcome of my movies, so when a new project is released, I can't sleep wondering about the results."

englishnews@chosun.com / Aug. 09, 2014 08:15 KST

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2014/08/09/2014080900416.html

Guest unnie77

class="art_title"Comedy 'Pirates' Takes on Naval War Hero

At a time when Korean cinemas have been virtually taken over by period blockbuster "Roaring Currents," the comedy "The Pirates" has managed to get off a great start.

The film was released on Wednesday, and 272,858 people saw it in the first two days, taking it to second place at the box office.

2014080801519_0.jpg

Industry insiders worried that "The Pirates" would be completely overshadowed by "Roaring Currents," but the humor seems to work for audiences.

Although both are period films, "The Pirates" is a funny fusion of the traditional and modern styles.

Hollywood blockbusters, meanwhile, are struggling in Korea this summer.

englishnews@chosun.com / Aug. 08, 2014 12:51 KST

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2014/08/08/2014080801577.html

Guest soneonjin

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px none; font-size: 24px; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; background-image: none; background-repeat: repeat; background-attachment: scroll; background-position: 0% 0%; background-clip: border-box; background-origin: padding-box; background-size: auto auto;"Section TV, New Movie 'The Pirates' #06, '해적' 김남길, 손예진 20140727

Pirates ~ Daegu stage greeting 3 Aug
id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"140803 '해적' 대구 무대인사 - CGV대구아카데미

cr to uploader

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"140803 '해적' 대구 무대인사 - 롯데시네마 대구광장6관

cr to uploader

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"140803 '해적' 대구 무대인사 - 롯데시네마 성서

cr to uploader

Guest unnie77

Translated using GOOGLE TRANSLATOR

Son Ye-jin, Kim namgil 'pirate' exceeded 100 million, led Comics

[2014-08-09 12:30]

해적

Asia Today woonamhui press = movie: the opening, the audience topped 100 million only four days 'pirates went to sea bandits' (the pirate) this.

Nine days, according to distributor Lotte Entertainment provides 100 million 'pirate' the day 9:00 a.m. topped the audience.

Description theaters this year gives a smile to all three million of the film 'Pirates' breakthrough record is more meaningful in terms of a day shorter than the recording of the movie "She won' (2014) mobilized the final figures 8.65 million viewers.

Surrounding the events of the first ever gone under the Great Seal of the whale attacked a fortnight ago the Korean National pirates and bandits to find it, and the forces of the sea, a thrilling wage countries daegyeokjeon Green Action Adventure 'Pirates' is. Son Ye-jin starred actors such kimnamgil.

http://www.asiatoday.co.kr/view.php?key=20140809010004020