Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

PeerNorway said:

letme

said: I just finish this movie. The last 10mins really made me cry. It was so painful. I was thinking while watching the last part, if they will not be together, I will go mad! LOL ... Goodness! 

Very good one. Thanks for recommending it. 

cocomhe said: @letme my favorite among her movies are AMTR & Summer Scents, though the ending is sad but i like her acting there...do you like Kim Ha Neul, i like her also, if you like her i recommend A Gentleman's Dignity  ;;)

cocomhe said: letme said: cocomhe said: @letme my favorite among her movies are AMTR & Summer Scents, though the ending is sad but i like her acting there...do you like Kim Ha Neul, i like her also, if you like her i recommend A Gentleman's Dignity  ;;)

letme

said: Oh dear. I cannot promise to watch it. I am inspired by SYJ that is why I've watched those dramas. I like Hyun Bin but I can't stand "Secret Garden". What I did, I just watch the cameo part of SYJ.

:)

So no for drama unless it is SYJs. I miss her. I hope "Tower" will come out soon ...

PeerNorway said:

letme

said: Oh dear. I cannot promise to watch it. I am inspired by SYJ that is why I've watched those dramas. I like Hyun Bin but I can't stand "Secret Garden". What I did, I just watch the cameo part of SYJ.

:)

So no for drama unless it is SYJs. I miss her. I hope "Tower" will come out soon ...

Dear Cocomhe and letme, 
Let me remind you that "Late Autumn" might not be the liking for everyone so please do not have too much expectations to this movie. I know some that actually do not like it all as it might come across as too deep, too slow and the story to have no meaning. To me I think it is a very interesting movie because of many reasons - especially because I am so used to see these two actors talking their native language and in this they actually speaks English most of the time, plus I love Tang Wei's acting. Story wise is this movie might a bit weird and a bit depressive and sad. But basically it is about what your cup of tea is. Some like it, and some don't - and I actually do understand why some does not like it.
By the way folks, sorry about the off-topics here. I just wanted to come up with some good on-screen matches for Miss Son Ye-jin :)
By the way (again...), I wonder how Miss Son Ye-jin is in real life - I mean compared to her roles. Sometimes she often can be a little bit clumsy but always very kindhearted. I wonder which role is most close to her own personal character. It is a little sad that she has not married, but I guess that can have something to do with female actresses might be more popular and would have more loyal fans when they are not married. In fact I have never read anything about her own personal love life - if she has dated anyone. Can you wonderful people in here share some light on this ?

that's what i notice amongst korean actresses, they are already age 30 and above and still single, maybe they are too engrossed with their career that they set aside their personal life, but they need to be conscious about it too especially if they want to have children, age is an important factor for women. But we cannot force them though, to each his own thing, as long as they are happy then nothing is wrong. 

PeerNorway said: Dear Cocomhe and letme, 
Let me remind you that "Late Autumn" might not be the liking for everyone so please do not have too much expectations to this movie. I know some that actually do not like it all as it might come across as too deep, too slow and the story to have no meaning. To me I think it is a very interesting movie because of many reasons - especially because I am so used to see these two actors talking their native language and in this they actually speaks English most of the time, plus I love Tang Wei's acting. Story wise is this movie might a bit weird and a bit depressive and sad. But basically it is about what your cup of tea is. Some like it, and some don't - and I actually do understand why some does not like it.
By the way folks, sorry about the off-topics here. I just wanted to come up with some good on-screen matches for Miss Son Ye-jin :)
By the way (again...), I wonder how Miss Son Ye-jin is in real life - I mean compared to her roles. Sometimes she often can be a little bit clumsy but always very kindhearted. I wonder which role is most close to her own personal character. It is a little sad that she has not married, but I guess that can have something to do with female actresses might be more popular and would have more loyal fans when they are not married. In fact I have never read anything about her own personal love life - if she has dated anyone. Can you wonderful people in here share some light on this ?

I have finish the "Late Autumn" movie. It has a quite strange ending. :) Hyun Bin is very cute and always charming. Despite the good acting, I can't find the peak of the film. Apart from the "Fork" thing. That was really hilarious. 

Yes, that is why I mentioned "Late Autumn" is not for everyone :) By the way, I am not saying that it is a bad thing that this movie is not for everyone, I am just saying that it is - as you said - a bit strange and it does lack the peak. I totally agree with you. I guess I love this movie simply because I think that Tang Wei is in this movie, and this role kind of fits her so well - plus she speaks English. But the story is very dark (and kind of depressive). 
What do you think about Hyun Bin talking English ?
By the way, I wonder if Miss Son Ye-jin speaks English, and how she would do in a movie in which she would speak English. 
Have you seen Jung Woo-sung's movie "A Good Rain Knows" (aka. "A Season of Good Rain" 호우시절) ? He actually speaks English in this movie - which I think his only English speaking role so far. This movie is more for a much wider audience than "Late Autumn" and not so dark and deep. I would say it is an intellectual love story. This movie's story is set in China and is starring the beautiful and very elegant Chinese actress Gao Yuanyuan (she also speaks English). By the way, I think this has a much more South Korean touch and feeling to it.
season-of-good-rain.jpg

Thank you for keeping this thread going. I just thought that I must have more time watching movies lately so I would surely try to keep an eye on those special mentions while we are awaiting the release of her next big screen projects. ;)

In the mean tine, also took a look at SYJ's recent photoshoot for Chatelaine clothing~~

CHATELAINE Behind the Scenes

383a6459.jpg6aa1ba65.jpg
6c543eed.jpgdd2d278a.jpg
378202da.jpg
56a45b88.png

f07e0172.jpg
c2adb7ef.jpg
bc0291f2.jpg
1d4853be.jpg
Credits: Baidu SYJ

^ Whoa. Yejin-ssi looked like a life-sized doll and I don't why the hair brush reminded me of a Barbie Doll brush. ;))

I just posted this in the "A Moment to Remember" movie tread:

PeerNorway

said:

I though I should also enclose the three more photos of the location of Family Mart middle scene in "A Moment to Remember" in which I stand on the opposite side of the road with my back to the Family Mart. This shows the side entrance to the Renaissance Seoul Hotel (Diamond Room entrance).
564023_10152120489235581_1190784751_n.jp
530258_10152120495930581_2068065384_n.jp
538750_10152120509380581_1684453180_n.jp