Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

I just rewatched the trailer of Be With You and found this clip from Youtube. YJ looks so mature here, like i can totally picture her playing as a mom on her next drama or movie maybe in two or three years time. She is just amazing, in cloy she looks so sassy and funny, but here she looks completely mature.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Loved this CF when I saw it years ago and since we do not have new SYJ content and I don't think we will be hearing anything from her anytime soon, here is a throwback CF of 1/2 of "The Classic" couple

• Like 5

Not sure if this video of LBH and SYJ presenting awards together has been shared before. How I wish they will co star in a movie or drama together. It will be interesting to see what kind of dynamics or chemistry they will have. I recalled reading in Weibo that there were LBH’s fans who also like to see this pair be co stars in a movie or drama during the hype of Mr Sunshine days. What do you think of this potential pairing?

But of course reel pairing only.......:D........

For real couple, I am only rooting for Hyun Bin as a Binjin shipper ...:wub:

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

I guess many people just start to watch CLOY because of covid19/stay at home.:D

Malaysian celebrities

Spoiler

Indonesian celebrity :

Spoiler

I miss SYJ...:bawling:

Wonder what her next project....

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

On 3/27/2020 at 2:06 PM, Macintosh991 said:

I just rewatched the trailer of Be With You and found this clip from Youtube. YJ looks so mature here.

I still need to watch this movie. Does anyone have a link to this movie with English subtitles?  

** I saw 'Be with you' 'and loved it. Thanks for the one who shared the link! 

21 hours ago, Dee.84 said:

Loved this CF when I saw it years ago and since we do not have new SYJ content and I don't think we will be hearing anything from her anytime soon, here is a throwback CF of 1/2 of "The Classic" couple

If I remember correctly, this Baekseju CF’s from 2007.  Time really flies..

C5EBB569-6826-4131-8A6C-070CBC03908B.jpg

- Jo Seung-woo had huge success with movies ‘Marathon’ (2005; he won Best Actor at Baeksang & Grand Bell) and ‘Tazza:The High Roller’ (2006).  
K3gwIm1.gif

- Jo In-sung also with sbs drama ‘What Happened in Bali’ (2004) and movie ‘A Dirty Carnival’ (2006).
E4PHozP.gif

12 hours ago, charray said:

Not sure if this video of LBH and SYJ presenting awards together has been shared before. How I wish they will co star in a movie or drama together. It will be interesting to see what kind of dynamics or chemistry they will have. 

She almost worked with both of them before:

• With Seol Kyung-gu: ‘“Agent Zero’’ (announced in 2006; would be his 1st TV Drama appearance). After preparing for quite some time, it ended up not being made (common in tv/film industry).
  • With Lee Byung-hun: she was offered the female lead role in KBS drama ’IRIS’ (2009; his return to the small screen since ‘All In’ in 2003); we discussed this in the drama thread back then, I can’t remember the details now - I think her schedule didn’t work out.  They won and presented many awards together over the years.

In addition, she was cast in other projects with Jang Dong-gun (Kang Je-gyu’s My Way), Lee Jung-Jae (Hur Jin-ho’s ‘The Last Princess’), Ha Jung-woo, etc. All of them are A-listers/superstars in Chungmuro.  Maybe it’ll happen sometimes in the future. :)

She really does look good with her co-stars.

Spoiler

She & Chen Bolin looked so great together on the red carpet of Busan International Film Festival in 2015. 

https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/celebrity/2015-10/21/content_22240167.htm

She wore the exact same dress in a different color to the 2016 blue dragon film awards. She looked a lot skinnier here compared to BIFF 2015.

Chen Bolin captured many fans’ hearts with Taiwanese drama ‘In Time with You’ in 2011.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

You know the power of someone when even  a “simply” post from her insta acc becomes a article :glasses:. We stan a powerful queen only:

Quarantine tips: 'Crash Landing on You' star Son Ye-jin encourages new habits

'Crash Landing on You' star Son Ye-jin has shared an amazing idea for people to keep their mind occupied and also feel more connected with nature.

Devdiscourse News Desk | 

18_03_2020_13_18_28_4340047.jpg

Governments all across the world are encouraging people to stay at home but for many people, it can be exhausting to cope with the idea of 'social distancing'. 'Crash Landing on You' star Son Ye-jin has shared an amazing idea for people to keep their mind occupied and also feel more connected with nature.

She shared a picture of a beautiful new plant on her Instagram and the post went viral within a matter of hours. The post was flooded with comments of fans worried about her Hyun Bin's health due to the coronavirus outbreak.

Son Ye-jin's show Crash Landing on You is a wildly popular show and aired its final episode on February 16, setting a new record for the highest viewership ratings in tvN history. She isn't very active on social media and shared a post after a gap of more than a month, which made fans anxious about her health and well-being.

Link for the full article: https://www.devdiscourse.com/article/entertainment/943176-quarantine-tips-crash-landing-on-you-star-son-ye-jin-encourages-new-habits

• Like 2

I know Ye Jin must be enjoying her vacation time from work at the moment. But I can’t help but hope that her new film would be a heavy melo or noir thriller with her sunbae-nim Song Kang Ho. I would also like to see her collaborate with Lee Byung Hun in an action film where in she would play a villain or an assassin. In terms of reunion, I’d like to see her in a melo with Cho Seung Woo. As much as I want to see her in hour-long multiple episodes, I hope she’ll lay off from TV dramas for now as it takes up too much time and energy. Chungmuro must be missing her so badly as she didn’t release any movie in 2019. 

• Like 6

I recently watched this interview with YJ when she went to BIFF in 2016. She mentioned when would there be an all-female cast film. This is something that struck out to me, her desire to work with other actresses who are around her age or her caliber. SHK also said in an interview in 2017 that she would like to get to know and work with SYJ and JJH because in her 20s, she was conditioned (by the industry and people around her) to see them as competitors. 

I don't know how to put this but I am so happy to hear them say this. This also reflects how male-dominated the industry is - where all-male cast is seen as normal and friendly while actresses are still naturally seen as competitors, while they should really band together! 

I used to be a HUGE fan of SHK in the 2000s when I was a teenager. Sadly, I was guilty of comparing the women as well. But now that I'm older, I have a newfound appreciation and respect for all female artists. I love SYJ a bit more now. I would love to see an all-female cast in a high budget, well-written film. I want to see camaraderie among actresses. But deep down I know this may not happen any time soon because the industry is just so male-dominated. All the "acclaimed" films (those that get nominated at awards shows like Blue Dragon and Baeksang) are mostly male-centered. But I'll keep praying! 

What do you guys think?

Edited by Kari
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Kari said:

What do you guys think?

I’ve seen this interview too. It would be great to see them in a movie like Ocean 8 or Kill Bill. When I watched the Korean movie The Villainess, I thought how awesome would that be if YJ would do this kind of movies as well, brutal but action-packed. I personally never seen Thelma and Louise, the movie YJ kept on mentioning but I definitely see why she’d want a movie like this. And I agree, I’d love to see her in a movie like it too.

The actresses the YJ mentioned in this video + JJH are top-notch with accolades in Chungrumo like her. Unfortunately, SHK still hasn’t break in Chungmuro despite several attempts in the past. I can see how buzz-worthy it would be if the 3 of them would be in a big movie. However, aside from it being a male-centric industry, another obstacle they have to overcome is who would have the main role. We’ve seen women partnership in Thieves, and that worked well because they’re from different generations. But it’s different when you’re in a competition in your generation, and I guess the producers and the actresses themselves know this very well too. Same goes with male actors. With the exception of the few, you’ll rarely see competitors of same generation in one movie. But obviously the competition changes as they get old. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

On 3/28/2020 at 5:04 PM, charray said:

Not sure if this video of LBH and SYJ presenting awards together has been shared before. How I wish they will co star in a movie or drama together. It will be interesting to see what kind of dynamics or chemistry they will have. I recalled reading in Weibo that there were LBH’s fans who also like to see this pair be co stars in a movie or drama during the hype of Mr Sunshine days. What do you think of this potential pairing? https://youtu.be/VbYV9x39Mgg 

Lee Byung hun has played in a few Hollywood movies. It would be great if Son Ye Jin ever gets the chance to play in a Hollywood movie as well. I think it would be awesome if they both played in a Quentin Tarantino Movie. Or not Hollywood, a Bong Joon-ho movie! 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3906003976091328&id=162641243760972

Be With You will be shown on ABSCBN (Philippine TV Network) this Friday. 

--

Hi all! I must admit I have been a fan of SYJ since CLOY, since then I have watched all her movies and currently watching her dramas. 

I am in awe of how good of an actress she is! So versatile! 

I am reading post from this forum since page 1, I am not even halfway through it. I really want to know more about her, and ofcourse gain friends who also like her. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2