Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Crash Landing On You: Designer Bags Seen On Son Ye-Jin You’d Want To Buy Now

Rich heiress and fashion businesswoman – surely, Yoon Se-ri (Son Ye-jin’s character) was carrying the most fashionable designer bags

BY DONSON  /   FEBRUARY 19, 2020

2-D6-C188-B-CC91-4331-A1-F0-8-D95621-F58

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you would have heard people buzzing about the South Korean drama Crash Landing On You. Starring Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin, the series has garnered attention and popularity for its unique plot. 

Something else has caught our eyes, though. The stylish bags spotted on Ye-jin, who plays a rich heiress and businesswoman Yoon Se-ri. 

Scroll down to check out all the designer totes she sported.

https://www.herworld.com/gallery/fashion/style-file/crash-landing-on-you-son-ye-jin-designer-bags/

——-

[old contents getting republished]

https://www.asiaone.com/lifestyle/crash-landing-you-actress-son-ye-jins-secrets-radiant-glow

Crash Landing On You actress Son Ye Jin's secrets to a radiant glow

FEBRUARY 21, 2020
By
HIDAYAH IDRIS  | CLEO SINGAPORE

8-B6-DEBEE-AD1-B-430-D-BEF6-4-D86797-E27

Instagram/yejinhand

Whether you've seen Korean actress Son Ye Jin in person or only on TV, the first thing that strikes you is how clear her skin is.

In her latest romantic comedy Crash Landing on You which wrapped up over the weekend (Feb 16), Son Ye Jin, who plays a beautiful heiress and leading fashion businesswoman in South Korea, had flawless skin throughout the show whether she was dressed in a hot power suit or when she looked pale in a hospital gown.

Her complexion is not just blemish-free, but also radiant.

Even during our interview with her back in 2017, the amiable A-list actress, who just won Best Actress award in the film category at Baeksang Arts Awards, showed off her bright, supple skin.

She candidly told us that even her staff members were shocked at how radiant her skin was today.

Her secret? Skin Inc's Multi-Masking Facial In A Flash mask and My Daily Dose serum, which was custom-blended for her skin type.

"I was very surprised myself by the effectiveness. Next time, whenever I have an important occasion, I'll just go for this simple regime."

Hearing her talk about the products with such conviction makes you realise that she was indeed the perfect candidate to be Skin Inc's brand evangelist.

"I feel that as someone who uses the products, I belong to the consumer side, so I can be the bridge between the customers and Skin Inc. I believe, as a woman and actress, I know the skin concerns the different age groups have, so I can share my know-how and ideas."

And it seems the brand found its way to her heart even before she officially became a part of their family.

She said: "Previously, I came to Singapore with other actresses for a holiday. We walked past Sephora and one of us received a sample - it was a Skin Inc sample. She really liked it and bought [Skin Inc] products the next day.

"At that point of time, I was in discussion on whether I should join Skin Inc, so it was a very interesting experience for me.

"For a woman to use the product, and the moment she used it, she thinks it's a good product and wants to buy it, it makes me want to work with them."

In case you were wondering, her actress friend bought the Pure Revival Peel and one of the Optimizer devices (below):

ON THE IMPORTANCE OF CLEANSING:

"Recently, I've been using a lot of masks. In the past, I would use it around once a week, but nowadays, I use it almost everyday.

"Previously, I heard that it's not good to wash your face (with cleanser) in the morning, so I would just rinse my skin with water.

"But I realised that my skin is oily, so I need to cleanse every morning. Even when my schedule ends late at night, I would still cleanse my face. I put in extra care into cleansing."

ON THE BEST BEAUTY TIPS SHE'S PICKED UP OVER THE YEARS:

"You have to drink a lot of water. It's not easy but a person has to drink two to three litres of water daily. You also have to sleep well, but that's not easy either if you're stressed.

"In Korea, the prevalence of microdust is very serious, so almost everyone has dry and sensitive skin. I really want to recommend the Multi-Masking Facial in a Flash mask series and the Optimizer as part of their daily routine."

ON WHY SHE DOESN'T HAVE A COMPLEX SKINCARE ROUTINE:

"It's impossible to do 10 steps (laughs). I think it depends on the person's skin type. If you have very dry skin, even if you give a lot of nourishment, it might still be dry. So perhaps for those people, they need to do all 10 steps.

"But in my case, having too many steps is too much. I prefer something simple, around one to two steps."

ON THE PRODUCTS SHE BRINGS ALONG FOR TRAVEL:

"I bring a lot of things when I travel, especially when my skin becomes dry. I have oily skin, so putting on too many ingredients is not good for my skin, hence I usually go for hydrating ones.

"I also bring Skin Inc's Pure Serum Mist which I apply before and after makeup. It's very refreshing because it contains Onsen water from Japan.

"Facial masks are one of the must-brings for me when I go overseas. I also bring natural aloe vera - I would grind it myself to apply on my skin for sunburn. Skin Inc has a product for sunburn so I will bring that for my next overseas trip (laughs)."

ON WHAT SHE DOES FOR GREAT SKIN:

"Nowadays, it's easy to get information online. There are a lot of products in the market, so I think it's important to try the products to know what suits me best.

"I believe there's no one product that fits everyone or serves their skin concerns and purposes, so I try to allocate which products to use for when my skin is sensitive or dry.

"I usually have a tight schedule and have a lack of sleep when I'm filming, so I try to drink a lot of water and eat a lot of fruits."

This article was first published in CLEO Singapore.

• Love 3

Hello Ye Jin fans! Wanted to come and say that I am a new fan of SYJ after CLOY and how much I love her in that drama! Before that, I was probably more an admirer rather than a fan who follows all her work. Before CLOY, I've watched a number of her movies like The Classic, A Moment to Remember and have loved her acting there. She's also such a beautiful actress!!

Because I didn't know her so well, I was so surprised to find out what a friendly, funny and cheerful person she is in real life, vs her more melo and shy persona in movies (I didn't watch enough of them LOL). CLOY made me realise what a multi-faceted actress she is, as she not only nailed the melo scenes (that was a given) but she has excellent comic timing too! She made Yoon Seri such a lovable character, despite all her idiosyncrasy and almost bi-polar traits. SYJ really OWNED that role and made audience love her, despite her weaknesses (being domineering and controlling as the CEO) as she was able to show the vulnerable and lovable side of YSR, and yet not lose her initial bad-as$ attitude as a successful businesswoman.

I've since gone back to watch her other movies like Truth Beneath, Last Princess and Negotiation. Started on Pretty Noona but need time to get over CLOY first LOL!! She was amazing in all the 3 movies I've just watched and deserve all the awards and accolades she received. I also love her free-spirit and how she loves travelling and have this gang of girlfriends that she spends time with. Wonderful way of living!!

I'm super happy that YJ now have a record-breaking block-buster drama under her belt! That was probably the one thing missing in her resume, to propel her further not just in South Korea but also internationally. She's definitely getting noticed by audience from all over the world and hope her next work will also be a great success!

• Like 4
  • Love 7

On 2/19/2020 at 3:52 PM, veespn said:

I hope her next project is a drama. It is quite harder to follow Korean film. I wanna know whom she’ll be pairing with. Which top tier actors who haven’t worked with her? 

In an interview in October 2013, Son Ye-Jin said she wanted to work with actors Hwang Jung-min, Ha Hung-woo, and Lee Byung-hun.

She respects actor Song Kang-ho the most.

-

Song Kang Ho expresses thanks to Son Ye Jin [Interview]

starn-logo-02-jpg_082136.jpg | Lee Mi-Ji | December 8, 2013

Actor Song Kang Ho recently had an interview with StarN, and expressed thanks to Son Ye Jin for choosing him as the actor who she respects the most.

Back in October, Son Ye Jin also had an interview with StarN, and talked about how Song Kang Ho inspired her through movie 'The Show Must Go On'.

She said, "I knew how great an actor Song Kang Ho was, and I wasn't expecting anything special. However, I found another side of him, and I realized that he is something more than just a good actor."

Song Kang Ho looked shy to hear what Son Ye Jin said, and he said, "I've never got a chance to work with Ye Jin, but she's one of my favorite actresses. She's a great actor."

———

[January 20, 2017] Song Kang-ho and Son Ye-jin make speeches after winning film awards

SEOUL, Jan. 20, 2017 (Yonhap) -- Song Kang-ho of "The Age of Shadows" and Son Ye-jin of "The Last Princess" were named best actor and actress of 2016 by an association of South Korean film journalists Wednesday.

The clip (English subbed) shows the actor and actress receiving their awards and giving speeches. 

^ he mentioned Lee Byung-hun because LBH & SYJ won several acting awards together that year. 

***Son Ye-Jin won pretty much all the best actress awards in 2016/2017 for her performances in Lee Kyoung-mi’s ‘The Truth Beneath’ and Hur Jin-ho’s ‘The Last Princess’.

Baeksang Arts Awards (2017)

Best Film Actor: Song Kang-ho (The Age of Shadows)

Best Film Actress: Son Ye-jin (The Last Princess)

Chunsa Film Festival (2017) 

Best Actor: Ha Jung-woo (The Tunnel)

Best Actress: Son Ye-jin (The Truth Beneath)

Korean Film Producers Association Awards (2016)

Best Actor: Lee Byung-hun (The Inside Men)

Best Actress: Son Ye-jin (The Truth Beneath & The Last Princess)

Women in Film Korea Festival (2016)

Buil Film Awards (2016) 

Best Actor: Lee Byung-hun (The Inside Men)

The Korean Association of Film Critics Awards (2016)

Grand Bell (Daejong) Film Awards (2016)

Best Actress: Son Ye-jin (The Last Princess)

Busan Film Critics Association Awards (2016) 

Best Actor: Jung Woo-sung (Asura: The City of Madness)

The Blue Dragon Awards (2016)

This was the only best actress award she didn’t win that year; Kim Min-hee (for Park Chan-wook’s The Handmaiden) was chosen over Son Ye-jin (for Hur Jin-ho’s The Last Princess). Some felt The Truth Beneath should had been submitted. She won Popularity Award though.

(She had won Blue Dragon’s Best Actress award in 2008 for ‘My Wife Got Married’. She got Popularity Award many times here as well)

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 4

Posted by Ruby (thanks). 

June 21, 2019

movie1.gifThe Best Movie Stars Chosen by the Audience
Actors Song Kang Ho and Kim Hye Soo are top choice

Source: Naver news, thanks to mistymorning for the gist

In conjunction with the 100 Years of Korean Cinema (1919-2019) anniversary, Maeil Business Newspaper and CGV Research Center have conducted a survey taken by 1,200 moviegoers nationwide for the best man and woman of Korean movies. The survey featured a multiple-answer questionnaire listing the Daejong (Grand Bell) award winners to choose from.

Song Kang Ho, who won the support with 56.2% and Kim Hye Soo, who recorded 58.9% topped the list for male and female actors respectively. 

1st place: Song Kang Ho (56.2) and Kim Hye Soo (58.9)
2nd: Hwang Jung ‌Min (44.8) and Son Ye Jin (39.9)
3rd: Lee Byung Hun (39.2) and Jeon Do Yeon (31.5)
4th: Jo Seung Woo (30.3) and Moon So Ri (26.9)
5th: Choi Min Sik (25.4) and Jeon Ji Hyun (25.2)

E82-E8070-C1-E5-4-FCC-A38-A-6-F20-BABF43

——————————————-

2010 GoodDownloader CF campaign

Korean movie actors Lee Byung Hun, Hwang Jung Min, Son Ye Jin, Park Jung Hoon, Kim Yun Jin and veteran actor Ahn Sung Ki got together on September 8 for the GoodDownloader CF campaign.

Top row: Son Ye-jin, Lee Byung-Hun, Kim Yun-jin, Ahn Sung-ki 

Bottom row: Park Jung-hoon, Hwang Jung-min

9-F36104-D-D123-4-F02-898-F-7-E310682-BD
l-r: Hwang Jung-min, Kim Yun-jin, Park Jung-hoon, Lee Byung-hun, Son Ye-jin, Ahn Sung-ki 
59-D1-DCB0-6968-469-A-848-C-A021610-DCBD

[2015] Cash Slide TV CF Film Making (SYJ & Hwang Jung-min)

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

C50-DEC9-F-1-B43-4592-8-C86-EC97-F32-E68

Blue Dragon Film Awards 

32A59A1A-729D-41F1-A165-913606AF641A.jpg

Left to right: (tbd: need to check to make sure I got the details right)

23rd (2002): Best New Actress nominee (Lover’s Concerto)

24th (2003): Popularity Award (The Classic)

25th (2004):

26th (2005): Best Actress nominee (April Snow) - won by Lee Young-ae for Park Chan-wook’s “Sympathy for Lady Vengeance”

28th (2007): best director award presenter (with Song Seung-heon) - won by Hur Jun-ho (April Snow, The Last Princess) for “Happiness” (featured Hwang Jung-min & Im Soo-jung)

29th (2008): popularity, best couple (with Kim Joo Hyuk), best actress awards (my wife got married)

30th (2009): best actor/actress presenter with Goo So

31st (2010): best actor/actress presenter with Kwon Sang-woo, popularity award (white night)

D8158-F53-59-C3-478-A-B5-A7-3-A26-CD0-F9

AA8551-EF-C16-E-4-ABB-AE5-F-BA9-AC007-CA

2007 => https://blog.naver.com/yuta_rule/30051064979
15-E5-E292-1-DA3-4-EF2-B30-F-0-E134021-B

BF9404-B4-C8-C2-4-EB3-8148-B75-E88176-CD

8-F5-F4227-B95-F-4-BED-A4-EA-002441-F074

———-

“Crash Landing On You” Scores Top Spots On Lists Of Most Buzzworthy Dramas And Actors

Good Data Corporation has shared its weekly rankings of the most popular dramas and cast members who have generated the most buzz over the past week! The company analyzed news articles, blog posts and online communities, videos, and social media from February 10 to 16 for 24 dramas that are currently airing or are set to air, and they revealed the results on February 19.

In first place for the fifth week in a row as the most buzzworthy drama was tvN’s “Crash Landing on You,” while the show’s leads Son Ye-Jin and Hyun Bin take No. 1 and No. 2 respectively on the list of most buzzworthy actors for the tenth week.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz [2nd week of February] are as follows:
1. tvN’s “Crash Landing on You” — 35.17%
2. JTBC’s “Itaewon Class” — 19.18%
3. SBS’s “Stove League” — 16%
4. SBS’s “Dr. Romantic 2” — 8.86%
5. tvN’s “The Cursed” — 2.91%
6. JTBC’s “War of Prosecutors” — 1.96%
7. KBS2’s “Forest” — 1.59%
8. KBS2’s “Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life” — 1.54%
9. MBC’s “XX“ — 1.39%
10. OCN’s “Tell Me What You Saw” — 1.34%

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz [2nd week of February] are as follows:
1. tvN’s “Crash Landing on You” Son Ye-Jin
2. tvN’s “Crash Landing on You” Hyun Bin 
3. JTBC’s “Itaewon Class” Kim Da-Mi
4. JTBC’s “Itaewon Class” Park Seo-Joon
5. SBS’s “Stove League” Nam Goong-Min
6. tvN’s “Crash Landing on You” Kim Jung-Hyun
7. tvN’s “Crash Landing on You” Seo Ji-Hye
8. SBS’s “Dr. Romantic 2” Ahn Hyo-Seop
9. SBS’s “Dr. Romantic 2” Lee Sung-Kyung
10.  JTBC’s “Itaewon Class” Kwon Nara

https://mygooddata.tistory.com/849?category=588345

720-C1-A09-FF99-4-F52-BD0-D-4-A96-E96438
603-A1815-34-FE-4323-944-F-1-AA1-CEEC0-F

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, tenor889 said:

I think for SYJ she is popular enough, she would prefer to develop the variety and deepness of her characters than to getting more popular. This is my humble opinion. 

Sorry for cutting your post. :rolleyes:

@tenor889 is right. Actually, Son Ye Jin is not after fame or popularity. Even from the start of her career she always choose a script that has an interesting story, a story that piqued her interest. Someone said her that her dramas were a hit or a miss, actually agree about that but I realized she ALWAYS, ALWAYS choose her projects not because she wants to be popular it because she knows that every project she does has a unique story and a very challenging role. Every time she has a drama and question about the rating, Yejin is very consistent from the very start - SHE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THE RATINGS.;)

Praying, that her next project is a movie. :)I always love to see her sweeping all the best actress awards in award giving buddies. 

• Like 3
  • Love 8

23 hours ago, cybertron said:

Agree!!

And i personally think i enjoy SJ - SR moment more than SJ-SD.

SYJ have a very great chemistry not only with the male lead.

Actually i would put SR-SJ chemistry also but i'm afraid many second lead shipper Will kick me here LOL :lol:

Yes, offcourse i love their pairing also. And i enjoying SR-SJ bickering, especially when he asked his ring back :lol:

KJH said on one Interview that he was Amazed to watch SYJ&HB acting. He learns many thing from them in and off screen. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I'm a fan of SYJ's works only since I watched SiTR last 2018 and I've managed to watch some of her recent movies as I became curious about her and I love her acting in SiTR. (How can you not?!) She's got this unique acting style that when you watch her for the first time, you'll end up looking for more. And that's what happened to me. :lol: Actually took me quite a while to move on from that project of hers. Tbh, I actually watched it because of JHI but I ended up loving SYJ instead lmaoo (I fell for her eye-smile :wub:)

I love how she brings life to every character she's portrayed. And I'm so glad I watched her latest series, Crash Landing on You as it made me curious as to who she is. I was never interested in actors' or actresses' personalities and just enjoy their works and support them but it changed since CLOY came into my life. Waiting for the next episode became fun as I started watching her IVs on YT and started lurking here on Soompi. And from then on, I started loving her! She's so bubbly! Was surprised to know how different she is from the roles she's portrayed or became famous with. It made me admire and respect her more. I love how passionate she is with her craft and how she puts her heart into it that you feel the person she's portraying rather than the person who's portraying it. She becomes the character that she portrays.

I hope I get to see her more in movie projects or dramas in the future.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AnnieCheesecake said:

Does anyone has the link of the full interview? Every time that I tries to search I just found some short clips like this above :

Pls could someone translates what did she said that both of them laughed ? Thank u so much :wub:.

oh my, someone asked her if the size she said in the negotiation movie is her size, (I think it was 34-25-36) and SYJ said no, it's just for the broadcast. The tweet was cursing out the person asking the question lol. the interviewer was also like, yes I am curious too.

yes i want the full interview too! I'm so thirsty to see them lol

• Like 1

Finally Youtube are recommend to me high quality content . I'm getting a lot of Yejin past works recommendations on Youtube ^^ , I'm so happy 'cause many of the clips I never saw bf4.

I think the lip bellow it's from the drama ''Alone in Love'' which I didn't have watched (YET) but it's on my watchilist, and I saw some commentaries praising this drama and Yejin's acting a lot (in fact seems from what I read online that SYJ even won an award 'cause of this drama) I wanna know if someone have watched Alone in Love here, and if u had saw did u liked? The plot it's well written ?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Kristen Son said:

oh my, someone asked her if the size she said in the negotiation movie is her size, (I think it was 34-25-36) and SYJ said no, it's just for the broadcast. The tweet was cursing out the person asking the question lol. the interviewer was also like, yes I am curious too.

yes i want the full interview too! I'm so thirsty to see them lol

Thank u ^^ .

What a question :joy: even HB was embarrassed by it. Yejin nailed the question as always :wub:.

• LOL 2

On 2/22/2020 at 8:59 AM, AnnieCheesecake said:

She was stunning at this red carpet. I sense that the MC has the same thoughts as mine :smirk::joy: 

I hope to see her at an red carpet event this year :wub:.

I've never seen her with western makeup. She looks gorgeous!! :rolleyes:

Hi SYJ fans! Any leads on where I can watch her old dramas and movies? Fell in love with this angel after watching crash landing on you (even more than hyun bin haha). As a new korean drama fan, I've never really heard of anyone except the usual song hye kyo, choi ji wok, and yoon eun hye. I heard she's super popular in korea, how come not internationally? :)

• Like 2
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, rookiehistorianAB said:

I heard she's super popular in korea, how come not internationally? :)

I believe international fans more into kdrama.

But our YJ more into movie.

Thats might be the reason.

She is mega star and award winning actress in Korea.

@dramalover_71,i normally download from telegram

• Like 6