Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

2 hours ago, cybertron said:
I am waiting Daesang from our Yejin...

or at least another Best Actress for Drama to add on her list:grin:

She received alot of awards from movie category but not from drama. I hope CLoY will help her to achieve it.

• Like 2

newscj_%EC%B2%9C%EC%A7%80%EC%9D%BC%EB%B3

Crash Landing on You episode 11 Trailer Hits more than 3 Million Views

The trailer for episode 11 which will be broadcast on February 1 attracted hot attention from awaiting viewers. The Naver TVcast and YouTube recorded 1.8 milion and 1.24 million views, respectively,  exceeding 3 million views. 

(1)

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Just finished "My Wife got Married" I like it, this will be my top 3 of SYJ's films. among those I have watched. SYJ is so cute, charming and sexy in this film, a role would be hatred but she transferred it to a lovely character, no wonder she won best actress at Blue Dragon and Baeksang awards.  

And I finally received "Alone in Love" DVDs, yahoooo! I am happy. :D 

86dcba1332482403.jpg 7ed1b71332482414.jpg 

@AnnieCheesecake I have "Delicious Proposal" with Eng sub, do you want it?

@thi2018 I have "Sun-hee and Jin-hee" no sub, do you want it?

If you want I can send links for you to download by PM.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tenor889 said:

Just finished "My Wife got Married" I like it, this will be my top 3 of SYJ's films. among those I have watched. SYJ is so cute, charming and sexy in this film, a role would be hatred but she transferred it to a lovely character

Few months ago,i saw a tweet from the late KJH's fans said that she never watch Yejin's drama or movie after MWGM.

She hate her so much..

Because Yejin treat their oppa so badly in this movie...:lol:

• LOL 2

1 minute ago, cybertron said:

Few months ago,i saw a tweet from the late KJH's fans said that she never watch Yejin's drama or movie after MWGM.

She hate her so much..

Because Yejin treat their oppa so badly in this movie...:lol:

Really? haha I thought many people love Joo In-ah :D

MBC "Sun-hee and Jin-hee"

• Love 1

5 hours ago, tenor889 said:

Just finished "My Wife got Married" I like it, this will be my top 3 of SYJ's films. among those I have watched. SYJ is so cute, charming and sexy in this film, a role would be hatred but she transferred it to a lovely character, no wonder she won best actress at Blue Dragon and Baeksang awards.  

@AnnieCheesecake I have "Delicious Proposal" with Eng sub, do you want it?

@thi2018 I have "Sun-hee and Jin-hee" no sub, do you want it?

If you want I can send links for you to download by PM.

Yes please I would be so grateful! 

Talking about My Wife Got Married.  She was praised by movie critique for her role in this movie. 

New stills Crash Landing on You from

tvN

EPcThcvU8AIDa4c?format=jpg&name=large

EPcThcwU0AAV7S1?format=jpg&name=large

Crash Landing on You star Son Ye-jin: 5 things to know about Korea’s ‘Queen of Melodrama’

Hallyu actress Son Ye-jin blessed our screens by crash-landing in North Korea and consequently, into Ri Jeong-hyeok’s heart. Her new role, the young and rich Yoon Se-ri in TVN’s Crash Landing on You – and now available on Netflix – is a career woman with a bright energy that’s impossible not to love.

While Son doesn’t reveal much about her personal life (she’s never had any dating scandals!), we can’t help but adore the actress even more upon learning about her personal insights and how she’s taken her career so far.

She relieves stress by travelling

In Crash Landing on You, Son Ye-jin’s character, retail CEO Yoon Se-ri, reveals that whenever she feels down, she turns to art.

In real life, Ye-jin prefers to take a holiday and relieve stress by travelling. Her Instagram profile also shows how the actress enjoys herself the most when exploring scenic destinations around the world.

Ye-jin’s hairstylist and make-up artist told Allure magazine how the actress prefers to keep her looks as realistic as possible. In scenes where she’s just woken up, or will be washing her face, Ye-jin doesn't want to look as if her hair and make-up are professionally done.

Her make-up artist, Mu Jin, says that in most of Ye-jin’s dramas, the actress sticks to a natural look and would require only minimal coverage, as she already has great skin texture. In her North Korea scenes in Crash Landing on You, Mu Jin didn’t even use eye shadow and an eyelash curler on Ye-jin. The make-up artist left her brows undone and even had to tone down Ye-jin’s naturally red lip colour!

Mu Jin also reveals that’s she’s never put blush on the actress – not even a bit. “I have felt this for a long time, working with Ye-jin … her face looks better without make-up,” she explains. The make-up artist doesn’t use much colour to show off the actress’s natural beauty. Compared to what would usually be considered the usual made-up face, “Ye-jin only does about a tenth of the full make-up.”

In the same interview, Ye-jin's hairstylist Gu Mi Jeong reveals that for Ye-jin’s Seoul looks in Crash Landing on You, she used three different perm techniques to make it seem like Ye-jin’s character, Se-ri, had her hair done at the plush salons in Cheongdam-dong.

On the contrary, in scenes that call for natural-looking hair, the actress prefers to style it herself, and does well at it. “She braids it or puts it in a bun.”

She has realistic views on dating and marriage

Once when asked about romance in Soompi article, Ye-jin replied: “It’s simply because I’m bad at dating,” she joked, then explained how dating isn't easy and becomes complicated as one gets older, as it takes time and effort to meet people and go on blind dates.

On marriage and motherhood, her views are sensible as well. “When I look around me, people who are married are unable to do all the work they want to do. Being a mother and wife are big roles,” she points out. The actress shares how she's grown a fondness for kids while playing with her sister's children; however, she considers herself “still immature” and would rather get into marriage and motherhood once she becomes capable of taking care of others.

She gets by with a little help from her friends

In a HanCinema article, Son Ye-jin explains that when times are tough, she relies on the company, her long-time friends, many of whom have been with her for more than a decade. “My agency has been with me since high school, my make-up and hair designers have been with me for 14 years now. They are important to me,” she says.

Ye-jin has been working quite consistently since becoming active in 2001. “I am also amazed by where the energy comes from. But sometimes I am afraid that acting without a break might work against me as an actor,” she told Yonhap News.

Her body of work has earned her the title “Queen of Melodrama”, but the actress is always keen on exploring new roles to portray. Taking on roles that look pretty or lovely is the least of her priorities, as she simply chooses to work on projects she personally finds interesting.

(1)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

I read my fave lee min ho send her truck. Aww thats amazing. He rarely have friends from indistry and son ye jin is one. That shows how good she must be if she is friends with my cold fave lol

Is it during SITR or currently??

I read somewhere LMH said he don’t have any female close friends.

Because he don’t believe that men and women can be close friends.

And he said he and Yejin contact each other 2-3 times a year..

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

4 minutes ago, cybertron said:

Is it during SITR or currently??

I read somewhere LMH said he don’t have any female close friends.

Because he don’t believe that men and women can be close friends.

And he said he and Yejin contact each other 2-3 times a year..

Oh yes i mixed up the dramas after rechecking. Yes he send when he was in army. 

Oh he said that. Thnx for telling. Son ye jin is  really a nice person in real too

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Oh yes i mixed up the dramas after rechecking. Yes he send when he was in army. 

Oh he said that. Thnx for telling. Son ye jin is  really a nice person in real too

Yes.
If i’m not mistaken,Yoon Eun Hye used to said that she got close to Yejin because she see how good Yejin take care of LMH while they filming Personal Taste.

She was a cameo in that drama.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, tenor889 said:

Alone in Love was great. It was her performance in this drama that impressed many including those who considered her a pretty face before. We were so happy for her when she won the best tv actress award at Baeksang Arts Awards 2007; she also received the most votes for favorite tv actress too but it was given to another actress (can check the old baekssng award thread for details).

i saved this Tenasia article in 2011 that mentioned her acting in Alone In Love.

Actress Son Ye-jin’s Movie Picks

Posted on December 23, 2011

actress-son-ye-jins-movie-picks

There are a countless number of beautiful actresses. And a good number of them are good at acting as well. But seldom does an actor who hit stardom for her looks first leave a strong impression in all 16 episodes of a mini-series before her twenties has passed. So that is probably why Son Ye-jin stood out after appearing in SBS’ “Alone in Love.” It marked the appearance of a beautiful 25-year-old actress who so exquisitely could portray on the emotions of a woman who has experienced divorce and hence can no longer be just excited over love. It was sort of a surprise to all and whether the roles she played thereafter were received well or not, they were at a standard higher than that applied to actresses her age.

Yet the reason this actress is interesting is not just because she is young, pretty and skilled. Her desire to improve by accepting that the high level of expectations surrounding her and then thinking of which step to take next to actually become better, is more interesting than her achievements so far. “There’s a limit to how much one person can express. That’s why to not fall behind, it becomes important to choose good projects. I think transforming just for the sake of transforming is dangerous.” And this is the reason she chose “Spellbound.” “This is my third romantic comedy following ‘The Art of Seduction’ and ‘My Wife Got Married.’ And because the first two were so great, there was less room for me to try something new. But I felt that I could show a new form of fun through ‘Spellbound’ in how there is an element of horror to it.'” Of course actors will promote their projects but if one feels a sincerity within it, it is probably because they do not hide their desires regarding acting. Just like how the following movie recommendations by Son Ye-jin, which she said stimulate her, revealed her desires regarding acting.

1. “Forrest Gump”
1994 | Robert Zemeckis
“I watched this a really long time ago but watched it again recently. I’ve probably watched this a total of four times so far. And I like actor Tom Hanks but I also like fairy tale-like stories which are sad but make you laugh. What we call pathos. Like how within Charlie Chaplin’s laughter, there is sadness. I like this movie so much that I even have it on DVD.”

The success story of a man with an IQ of 75. “Forrest Gump” actually very strongly depicts on the American Dream in terms of its setup and in how it crosses back and forth between the life of main female character Jenny (Robin Wright) who is a hippie and Gump (Tom Hanks) who becomes a Vietnam War hero. Yet despite the slightly uncomfortable political implications within the movie, the story of Gump who sacrifices his all for the woman he loves leaves a strong ringing in one’s heart.

2. “Life Is Beautiful”
1997 | Roberto Benigni
“This is a movie I like as well for its pathos which I spoke of when recommending ‘Forrest Gump.’ I mean, this movie actually tells about a very sad story. Jews are forced to do hard labor just because they are Jews and the father dies to protect his son. But I think it’s amazing that they told this story in a mood that you can laugh from beginning to end. I didn’t know this before but I’m starting to realize that I like movies like these.”

Without question the star to the Academy Awards of the year 1999 was best actor recipient Roberto Benigni who drew howls of laughter from the audience. As both actor and director, he became the Academy Award’s choice with his foreign comedy “Life is Beautiful.” One will be touched for a long time upon discovering that the kind narration for the movie telling about the cheerful Jewish man Guido protecting his son while in concentration camp, is actually Guido’s son when he is grown up. 

3. “Leon”
1994 | Luc Besson
“This is a movie that has been considered stylish for many years now. That is how old this movie is but there is not a single thing about it, from its imagery to story to music, that isn’t impressive. Because even that single scene with the plant is providing so many people with ideas. For things such as editorials. Hence I’ll say that with Leon and Matilda’s love story, topped with Sting’s song, only makes the movie perfect.”

At the time of its release, the movie was promoted with a focus on the action sequences containing Leon, the many people who rushed to theaters thinking it was an action film got taken aback by how it was of a completely different style and story than they expected, and then they went wild over it. The story of how Leon, a hitman yet possess the innocence of a boy, communicates and sacrifices his life to save the young girl Matilda who lives in his building, moves the viewer more than any other action hero.

4. “Priceless”
2006 | Pierre Salvadori
“Audrey Tautou was great in the movie but actor Gad Elmaleh’s comical acting was excellent in particular. Simply put, Audrey Tautou plays a woman who seduces rich men and the movie tells about how Gad Elmaleh, the bartender of a hotel, pretends to be a rich man. But his acting was funny yet unexaggerated. For example, there was a scene where he was serving in the hall of the bar but pretended to be a customer as soon as he spots her and his reaction there was great.”

The movie is a romantic comedy which tells about Audrey Tautou as a woman who one cannot hate no matter what and Gad Elmaleh who is not handsome yet loveable. The story being about a woman who wants to live a happy life after marrying a rich man yet ends up meeting a guy who truly loves her, has been repeated many times by now but its unique style of cheerfulness keeps the audience glued to the pic from beginning to end.

5. “The Piano Teacher”
2001 | Michael Haneke
“I actually went into this film not even knowing who Isabelle Huppert was but I ended up not being able to repress my astonishment throughout. She seemed extremely cold and cynical on the outside but there was a naturalness to her that made her acting not seem like acting. The whole time I was thinking, who is she and that she couldn’t be normal. [laughs] She put on acting that I’d never be able to do. She was shocking for me.”

This movie by Michael Haneke is different from director Roman Polanski’s “The Pianist.” While the latter showed the beautiful world of music amidst the horrors of the holocaust, the former told of the love or desire that pushes forward like an uncontrollable yet passionate performance. And in the movie, Isabelle Huppert, who plays a cold-hearted yet desire-coveting piano professor, acts out her dangerous love and obsession with a genius male student. It is difficult not to get shocked by her acting in the last scene in particular.

※ 10Asia

Reporter : Wee Geun-woo eight@
Photographer : Lee Jin-hyuk eleven@
Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@

——————

Mr X’s review

https://screenanarchy.com/2006/09/alone-in-love-review.html

Plus some old soompiers’ reviews

https://thundie.wordpress.com/2012/06/05/alone-in-love/

https://soluna413.wordpress.com/2011/01/12/the-meaning-of-love-a-review-of-alone-in-love/

https://ripgal.wordpress.com/2010/02/02/alone-in-love/

2007 Baeksang

200704251839012100_1.jpg

1177494451701_1.jpg1177494433352_1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

@thi2018 I was actually randomly thinking about this today lol I am conflicted between HB and PHI. In my opinion, she has the strongest and most believable chemistry with these two. She’s always great with all of her costars though of course but I haven’t outright shipped her with anyone until these two :D

Honourable mention is CSW from The Classic. They were so sweet and made this movie one of my all time favs!

• Like 2

I personally think HB & JHI.

- JHI : their chemistry is sooo hot and sizzling

- HB. : more pure,matured,innocent,adorable,sensual.

Yeah JWS & CSW also good.

Chemistry with JHI was great.

With HB it is on another level.

I like her with Go Soo too. 

• Like 1

Not only she has good chemistry with her costars,  I believe she has good relationship with them too. That's why she was able to work with some of them the second time, like KJH, KNG, and HB.

She's so sexy in My Wife Got Married

ezgif-3-21fe4e374b2b.gif

ezgif-3-afa028c11b71.gif

Spoiler

ezgif-3-3bf64567111e.gif

ezgif-3-90a5985c0855.gif

ezgif-3-12e9be0c6ce1.gif

Spoiler

ezgif-3-ec6e518e7b9e.gif

ezgif-3-6331514695be.gif

ezgif-3-74a907c00d51.gif

• Like 4
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, Helena said:

Alone in Love was great. It was her performance in this drama that impressed many including those who considered her a pretty face before. We were so happy for her when she won the best tv actress award at Baeksang Arts Awards 2007; she also received the most votes for favorite tv actress too but it was given to another actress (can check the old baekssng award thread for details).

i saved this Tenasia article in 2011 that mentioned her acting in Alone In Love.

Actress Son Ye-jin’s Movie Picks

Posted on December 23, 2011

Thank you very much for the article and photos.

Yeah I read many Taiwanese fans says "Alone in Love" is really good, it's SYJ's masterpiece in dramas. That's why I buy the dvds. I am watching CLOY, and this is the only SYJ drama I have watched. Although CLOY is interesting, but it's too unreal, I prefer a realistic story. that's why I am dying to watch "Alone in Love". :) And a SYJ fan told me, before "Alone in Love" 90% SYJ's fans are male, after "Alone in Love" her female fans burst. :D

SYJ's movie picks, I haven't watched "Life is Beautiful" and "Priceless" the other 3, I like "the Piano Teacher" and "Leon: the professional". in "The Last Princess" when Ongiu and Kim Jang-han hidden in a farm house, they are attacked by Japanese soldiers, when Kim Jang-han asks Ongiu to lease first he will catch her 10 mins later. here remind me the similar scene in "Leon". 

Isabelle Huppert, Helen Mirren and Juliette Binoche are the actress I like most. I love SYJ too of course, but she needs to improve herself to achieve to the level of these three actress. and I like Natalie Portman too (actress in Leon). I hope SYJ's career can like Kim Hye-ja or these three actress that I mentioned. Good luck to SYJ. Wishing her all the BEST!  

Just finished "the Pirates" last night, a very good movie, the story, the characters, the action and scenes all are good! Lee Geung-young and Yoo Hae-jin are highlights of this film. :thumbsup: I hope they will make the Pirates 2.

• Like 1