Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

I'm curious about something happened in early to mid January 2019.

(Sorry if you haved talked about this on previous pages)

On this photos below people said it was taken in US.

But i found on director Jjoo instagram has same view as SYJ  (it released on 6th January 2019, while on YeJinHand on 5th Jan 2019).

So probably Ye Jin noona went to Bangkok for Manyo adv before she goes to US (?)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, she went to Bangkok with her team( stylist, hair, make up staff) for Manyo CF which was released this May on 5-6 Jan.

In the CF making said itself.

Then she flew to US alone without her team staffs ( they all came back to Korea) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

|Crash Landing of Love|  2019•08•02 The Script Reading and Drama Updates 

0000751302_001_20190802065731797.jpg?typ

According to Sports Dong-A 

Script Reading for the drama CLL was on July 31st at Sangam-dong, Seoul 

Seven episodes have been completed 

The final drama's title is kept as the original "Crash Landing of Love"

Hyun Bin's character is described as "Tsundere", a person who is initially cold before gradually showing a warmer, friendlier side over time. 

Son Ye Jin'so character is described as a person who does whatever she wants and doesn't listen to others just like a trouble maker.

As a SK woman and NK man, they cultivate love secretly and hide it from people around them.

Overseas filming will be in Switzerland mid to late August and in an unnamed country in Asia.

Cr (1)

• Love 1

On 8/3/2019 at 8:44 PM, thi2018 said:

Hyun Bin's character is described as "Tsundere", a person who is initially cold before gradually showing a warmer, friendlier side over time. 

Son Ye Jin'so character is described as a person who does whatever she wants and doesn't listen to others just like a trouble maker.

As a SK woman and NK man, they cultivate love secretly and hide it from people around them.

Reading this makes me more excited now. I think their characters suit HB and SYJ really well. I'm especially looking forward to the scenes on how their secret love developed. SYJ and HB are very serious actors and I'm sure they both prepared really well for this project. This year they both didn't do any other project before this so I'm supposing they both prioritized this project very much.

• Love 1

|Spellbound| A Romantic Korean Movie That Is Perfect For Summer Movie Night

Spellbound-631x900.jpg

Kang Yeo Ri (Son Ye Jin) has the unique ability to see ghosts — an ability that’s making her miserable. Ma Jo Goo (Lee Min Ki) is a struggling street musician. Together, can they overcome their struggles and maybe find something more in the process? Magic, romance, and supernatural elements combine to create this delightful romantic comedy that’s perfect for summer.

cr (1)

Hyun Bin, Son Ye Jin, Kim Jung Hyun, Seo Ji Hye, And More Gather For Script Reading Of Upcoming Romance Drama

hyun-bin-son-ye-jin-3.jpg

The cast and crew of tvN’s upcoming drama “Crash Landing of Love” (tentative title) gathered for the first script reading.

“Crash Landing of Love” is about a wealthy heiress named Yoon Se Ri (played by Son Ye Jin) who, while paragliding, is forced to land in North Korea due to high winds. A North Korean officer named Ri Jung Hyuk (played by Hyun Bin) ends up falling in love with her as he hides and protects her.

Director Lee Jung Hyo, writer Park Ji Eun, actors Hyun Bin, Son Ye Jin, Seo Ji HyeKim Jung Hyun, and more were present at the script reading.

Crash-Landing-of-Love.jpg

The line up of actors and actresses who will play North Korean soldiers is also drawing attention. Jo Chul Kang (played by Oh Man Seok) and Jung Man Bok (played by Kim Young Min) are expected to raise tensions in the show, while Pyo Chi Soo (played by Yang Kyung Won) will act as the mood maker. Yoo Su Bin, who plays Kim Joo Muk, a soldier who is well-informed of South Korean affairs, and Tang Jun Sang, who plays Keum Eun Dong, the youngest North Korean soldier, boasted fantastic chemistry with the leading couples.

In addition, Kim Jung Nan, Kim Sun Young, Jang So Yeon, and Cha Chung Hwa will appear as a group of middle-aged North Korean women who will have viewers cracking up with their humorous antics.

Nam Kyung Eup will play a chaebol company CEO and father of Yoon Se Ri, while Jang Hye Jin will take on the role of Seo Dan’s mother and a luxurious wife of the top 1 percent in North Korea. Park Hyung Soo and Choi Dae Hoon will appear as Yoon Se Ri’s brothers Yoon Se Hyung and Yoon Se Joon, respectively. Yoon Ji Min will play Ko Sang Ah, Yoon Se Ri’s sister in law.

Director Lee Jung Hyo commented, “Everyone will work hard in order to stay healthy and enjoy being on set until the end, so I hope it will be a fun and exciting shoot.”

The drama is scheduled to air sometime in the second half of this year.

soompi

Hyun Bin Reveals He Wanted To Act With Son Ye Jin Again After Their Movie

d5fcadd0ecb742e6849e3668509958f1.jpeg?s=

Hyun Bin was chosen as the cover model for the September issue of Esquire, and he talked about his upcoming drama “Crash Landing of Love” (tentative title) in an accompanying interview.

“Crash Landing of Love” is written by Park Ji Eun, who penned hit dramas “The Legend of the Blue Sea” “My Love from the Star,” “My Husband Got a Family,” and more. Through the drama, Hyun Bin will be acting with Son Ye Jin for the second time after their 2018 film “The Negotiation.”

He explained how it felt to work with her for the movie, saying, “There are times when I feel great charm and thrill from seeing the actor opposite me show unexpected acting. There’s also a thrill to my own reaction to that acting. While filming ‘The Negotiation,’ I saw that in Son Ye Jin, so I thought, ‘I want to try working with her again.’ At the time, [we had filmed separately], so I wanted to try acting with her in the same space, making eye contact, and breathing the same air, and that opportunity came quickly.”

Soompi

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, thi2018 said:

Hyun Bin Reveals He Wanted To Act With Son Ye Jin Again After Their Movie

d5fcadd0ecb742e6849e3668509958f1.jpeg?s=

“Crash Landing of Love” is written by Park Ji Eun, who penned hit dramas “The Legend of the Blue Sea” “My Love from the Star,” “My Husband Got a Family,” and more. Through the drama, Hyun Bin will be acting with Son Ye Jin for the second time after their 2018 film “The Negotiation.”

He explained how it felt to work with her for the movie, saying, “There are times when I feel great charm and thrill from seeing the actor opposite me show unexpected acting. There’s also a thrill to my own reaction to that acting. While filming ‘The Negotiation,’ I saw that in Son Ye Jin, so I thought, ‘I want to try working with her again.’ At the time, [we had filmed separately], so I wanted to try acting with her in the same space, making eye contact, and breathing the same air, and that opportunity came quickly.”

Soompi

making eye contact and breathing the same air :wub:

• Love 1

1 hour ago, cybertron said:

I feel like he missed the chance to be in the same space with her during the Negotiation filming so he has to work with her again to be in the same space with her...awwww... so sweet! But I kind of like his second part during the interview when he said "I don't have my own family......but I do think I've found stability." Maybe he found something important to pursue :heart:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cybertron said:

6 hours ago, thi2018 said:

I feel like he missed the chance to be in the same space with her during the Negotiation filming so he has to work with her again to be in the same space with her...awwww... so sweet! But I kind of like his second part during the interview when he said "I don't have my own family......but I do think I've found stability." Maybe he found something important to pursue :heart:

I wonder how SYJ would react if she reads this article. If I were in her shoes, I'd probably swoon. 

• LOL 1

Hyun Bin Was Inspired By Son Ye Jin’s Acting Performance in the Movie “Negotiation”

Actor Hyun Bin, who played opposite Actress Son Ye Jin in the movie ‘Negotiation’, praised her acting performance, which was shared during his recent interview with Esquire. (https://www.esquirekorea.co.kr/article/40713)

69012572_206435960346612_509163338809632

Q: It's your second time meeting Son Ye-jin in a work since the movie Negotiation. I heard that actress Son Ye-jin inspired you a lot. I assume that’s why you are working with her again this time.
HB: At that time, I thought how good it would be if I could work with her again. I didn't expect the opportunity to come so soon.

Q: Why did you want to work with her again?
HB: While working with her on the project and doing movie promotion with her, I think we share a lot of similarities. As a result, we have many things we can talk about and we share similar views about a lot of things. When I was shooting <Negotiation>, we filmed in a completely different space using a binary filming technique, so we didn't have much time acting face to face with each other. But when I saw her acting on the small monitor, she showed me unexpected acting that got me curious. Why did she express it that way?

Q: Why did she express it in that way (meaning in the unexpected way)?
HB: When an actor acts, of course, he will use what he has prepared to immerse into the role, and the acting will be uniquely realistic and you get a sense of thrill watching it. But sometimes, if you encounter an unexpected acting from the other party, you will also feel a sense of thrill. When you are not able to predict how the other person will act or express herself, and you find yourself responding in an unexpected manner to complement or to react to the other person, it is very charming and thrilling. I think I saw that from Ye-jin. So I had wished to work with her again. I thought when that time comes, I want to be able to do so by being in the same space, looking at the eyes and breathing in the same air. This time, I am able to do it.

Q: The acting that we see on the screen as an audience and the acting that you experience in the field acting opposite her must be rather different.
HB: I think the scene that got me very amazed for the first time is that scene when I shot and killed Ye-jin's boss. Of course, Ye-jin's line was a curse, so I expected her to spit out or explode with the curse but she did the opposite. Instead, she restrained her strong emotions in saying her line. It felt like she was going to explode but she did not and she showed a different kind of emotions. It was very different from what I expected.

Q: I remember that scene where she was swallowing her sadness to the point where her eyes were bloodshot.
HB: I think that if she hadn't read the script multiple times, and if she hadn't thought carefully about how to express her emotions, then it is not possible that she can show such an expression.I am sure she had thought of other ways of expressing herself. But in the end, she chose to express herself in that way. I also wondered how it would have been and how I would have reacted if she had chosen to express herself in another way.

(Cr: translation from HB soompi thread pg 1651)

• Love 1

1 hour ago, thi2018 said:

HB: While working with her on the project and doing movie promotion with her, I think we share a lot of similarities. As a result, we have many things we can talk about and we share similar views about a lot of things.

So HB noticed this too. This must be the reason why there were times he just stared so long at SYJ when she was talking during their media interviews. He must be fascinated, as I would be, if a person is saying things I feel so strongly and similarly about. What HB said in his most recent interview about the loneliness the actor experiences, I remembered reading SYJ similarly saying this as well during the Negotiation promos. That even during the midst of so many people in the set, during the take and before the cameras, ultimately whatever be the inputs of the directors/writers and fellow actors, the battle to deliver and act well is entirely up to actor himself.

about. 

1 hour ago, thi2018 said:

When you are not able to predict how the other person will act or express herself, and you find yourself responding in an unexpected manner to complement or to react to the other person, it is very charming and thrilling. I think I saw that from Ye-jin.

I agree w/ HB on this. I also get charmed by people I find unpredictable... So even if he says that he and SYJ share similar views on a lot of things, SYJ still seems so unpredictable to him. :wub:;)

• Love 1

It's quite interesting that I found news that Son Ye Jin has the same Bodyguard as Hae In.I thought 1 bodyguard only for 1 person. 

AndI like SYJ's bodyguard, she's looks closed with her.

And I found someone said SYJ come to Hae In's VIP movie. Don't know if it's true or not.

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

@peggygordon,i remember about they use the same bodyguard at SiTR thread few

months ago..i think they are hired by the company..

the male bodyguard for jhi also the same bodyguard for nego team.

and i heard he also with hb in some events.

when is the VIP premier??

isn’t right now SYJ is in Swiss??

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, cybertron said:

@peggygordon,i remember about they use the same bodyguard at SiTR thread few

months ago..i think they are hired by the company..

the male bodyguard for jhi also the same bodyguard for nego team.

and i heard he also with hb in some events.

when is the VIP premier??

isn’t right now SYJ is in Swiss??

Ahhh so the actors can use the same Bodyguard. Thx for your info.

The VIP premier in SK, but the person just deleted her posting.

I'm so happy todayyy finally our Noonna updated her IG.

Unnie please keep posting! Just make my day even not see her on that picture.

• Like 2