Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

October 27, 2018

Winners Of The 2nd Seoul Awards th_congrats.gif

Source: Soompi by J. Lim

Winners Of The 2nd Seoul Awards

The Seoul Awards has announced this year’s winners, honoring some of the greatest in film and television dramas in the past year.

The awards show was on held on October 27 at the Peace Hall in Kyung Hee University, with Kim Ah Joong and Jung Hyun Moo returning as the MCs for the second year.

This year’s grand prize for the film category went to “The Spy Gone North,” a film that is based on a true story about a South Korean spy who infiltrates the North to obtain intelligence on nuclear weapons plans. The grand prize for the drama category went to tvN’s “My Ahjussi,” a story about three middle-aged brothers and a woman who learn to heal each other’s past scars.

The awards ceremony also dedicated a special moment to Kim Joo Hyuk, who won the Best Supporting Actor Award last year for his role in “Confidential Assignment.” The actor unfortunately passed away in a car accident a few days afterwards, and the awards ceremony took time to commemorate his illustrious career and replay his acceptance speech.

Check out the full list of winners below!

Films:
Grand Prize Award: “The Spy Gone North”

Best Actor Award: Ha Jung Woo (“Along with the Gods”)

Best Actress Award: Son Ye Jin (“Be With You”)

Best Supporting Actor Award: Joo Ji Hoon (“Along with the Gods” – “The Spy Gone North”)

Best Supporting Actress Award: Ye Soo Jung (“Along with the Gods”)

Best New Actor Award: Nam Joo Hyuk (“The Great Battle”)
Best New Actress Award: Kim Da Mi (“The Witch”)
Popularity Award: Son Ye Jin, EXO’s D.O.

Dramas:
Grand Prize Award: tvN’s “My Ahjussi”
Best Actor Award: Lee Byung Hun (“Mr. Sunshine”)
Best Actress Award: Kim Nam Joo (“Misty”)
Best Supporting Actor Award: Yoo Yeon Seok (“Mr. Sunshine”)
Best Supporting Actress Award: Moon So Ri (“Life”)
Best New Actor Award: Park Hae Soo (“Prison Playbook”)
Best New Actress Award: Jo Bo Ah (“Goodbye to Goodbye”)
Hallyu Artist Award: Jung Hae In (“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food”)
Popularity Award: Girls’ Generation’s Seohyun, Jung Hae In
Special Acting Award: Heo Joon Ho (“Come and Hug Me”)

Source (1)

• Like 1

|News|  2018•10•27 Son Ye Jin and Jung Hae In Talk About Buying Each Other Meals in Real Life Like Their Drama Characters

b8fbbd65d1794498ba26b911bff9642f.jpeg?s=

Jung Hae In and Son Ye Jin talk about buying each other meals

“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” co-stars Jung Hae In and Son Ye Jin talked about each other on the red carpet at the 2nd Seoul Awards.

On October 27, many stars attended this year’s The Seoul Awards held at the Peace Hall in Kyung Hee University.

Ahead of the ceremony, the attendees were photographed and interviewed during the red carpet event. Jung Hae In was the second celebrity to step foot on the red carpet and was met with the cheers of many fans. He said, “Thank you. The weather is getting colder and it’s truly becoming fall, but I’m grateful that so many of you came.”

The actor, who was nominated for Best New Actor, was asked if there were any senior female actors who frequently bought him food. Naming Son Ye Jin, he said, “She frequently bought me food in real life.”

About her charms, he continued, “She has so many charms. I think her easy-going personality is charming.” He concluded the interview by answering the secret to his glowing skin. “Eating well and sleeping well,” he replied. “I think the amount of sleep you get is the most important.”

Son Ye Jin later appeared on the red carpet in a beautiful white dress. In response to her co-star’s interview, the actress commented with a smile, “Jung Hae In bought me a lot so I ate well too.” She added, “This year, I was so happy because I spent it doing good projects with good actors. I thank you so much for this year. I hope all of you will be happy as well.”

Source (1)

• Like 1

|News|  2018.10.27 Cute Moments of Son Ye Jin and her ‘Something In The Rain’ Former Co-star Jung Hae In at the 2nd Seoul Awards 

Son Ye Jin and Jung Hae In were on stage to receive the popularity awards (Son Ye Jin in Film Category and Jung Hae In in Drama Category) when the MC Jun Hyun Moo asked them to congratulate each other as the characters in the drama ‘Something in The Rain’ Yoon Jin-ah and Seo Yoon-hee.

son1-1540650270798745682317.jpg

son2-15406502708051091044681.jpg

son1-1540650270794946329452.gif

son2-15406502708011066551392.gif

son3-1540650270808764144655.gif

son4-1540650270812308862692.gif

Source (1)

• Like 1

|News|  2018•10•27 Son Ye Jin - Best Actress Award in Film Acceptance Speech

i.aspx?Guid=0b7fa5aa185e467bae9a5f777155

“Thank you so much ‘I’m going to meet you now’ It’s been long time since I’ve been in a melodrama film. I was so lucky to be able to work with people who were even more innocent than the movie itself and it was a time of healing.  So I’m thankful. In fact, I had to play a college student in the movie, but I wonder if I was doing something bad to the audiences. So thank you to the staff who struggled to erase the traces of time (aging), and I’m grateful to the post-production team who helped me bearing the heavy weight. There are many people and I think I’m forgetting a lot of things I want to thank for. I would like to thank you for your gratitude and I will return with better acting performance in the future”

Source (1)

Video Translation 

Song Kang-ho: Oh really I can hear you all...Oh..

The second Seoul Awards Best Actress in the movie category, I’m going to meet you right now, Son Ye-jin 

Congratulations Son Ye-jin 

In the movie I’m going to meet you now, Son Ye-jin, who played a woman with a memory lost, in the midst of returning, showed a heartfelt Melo performance and proved her strength once again as a melo queen. Let’s congratulate the Best Actress 

Son Ye-jin: Thank you very much. I’m going to meet you now, it was a long time since I was filming a melodrama movie. The producers whom I met through this movie, Kim Woo Jae, President Kim Jae Joong, and also director Lee Sang Hoon, So Ji Sub oppa, and Ji Hwang. I was really lucky to be able to work with people who were even more innocent than the movie itself and it was the time of healing. Thank you so much. In fact, I really had to play my college years in this movie, so I felt guilty about not being able to expressing it (voice) well to audiences. I’m very thankful to the those who struggled to erase the traces of my years somehow. I would like to say thank you all of you, including the director of photography,  the director of lightning, and also the post production team for working with me and helping me to bear the heavy weight. Thanks to this, I think the movie came out pretty well. There are too many things to be thankful for and I think it's too much for me to live with little gratitude. I look forward to continuing to show good performance in the future. Thank you! 

• Like 2

|News|  2018•10•27 The 2nd Seoul Awards Exclusive Interview with Son Ye Jin

Full translation :

Hello I'm actress Son Ye Jin. I’m thrilled and thankful for winning the Best Actress Award in ‘I’m going to meet you now’. I feel apologetic because I have received more love than what I have done. But I will show you a lot of good acting performance to show my gratitude in the future.

You received popularity award with Jung Hae-in:

It's been a long time since I was in a drama, I think that this year's drama has received so much love from so many people, and I’m very glad and happy that the two people received the popularity award together. 

Today's dress:

White dress...just beccause I think white suits me well.

Message to fans:

I really think,  thanks to you all, this love is getting so big like a mountain. I think your supports are giving great strength for me. Thank you!

Source (1)

• Like 2

October 29, 2018

Seoul Awards honor the year's best

By Yim Seung-hye INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

seoulawards_w1.jpg

An array of stars took to the red carpet for the second edition of the Seoul Awards on Saturday evening held at Kyung Hee University’s Grand Peace Palace, eastern Seoul, and some left with several trophies in hand. 

TvN’s drama “My Mister,” which featured singer-actor Lee Ji-eun, better known as IU, and film “The Spy Gone North,” directed by Yoon Jong-bin, each received the top honors for Best Work at Saturday’s event. 

“My Mister” dealt with an unlikely friendship between a 20-something woman and her colleague in his 40s. The actors’ immersive performances and emotional direction lead to it receiving much praise.

“The Spy Gone North” starring Hwang Jung-min, Lee Sung-min and Cho Jin-woong, has been hailed as creating a new type of Korean spy flick. The story is based on a true incident that took place in 1993, when a former South Korean military officer was recruited by the National Intelligence Service to infiltrate North Korea amid leaks that North Korea was developing nuclear weapons.

Meanwhile, the Best Actor and Best Actress Awards went to Lee Byung-hun for his starring role in the successful period drama “Mr. Sunshine” and Kim Nam-joo for “Misty” in the television series category. Ha Jeong-woo received Best Actor for “Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds” and Son Ye-jin won Best Actress for “Be With You” for the film category.

The Seoul Awards is the first Awards Ceremony here to select the winners by including the public as judges. According to the organizers, public votes account for 30 percent of the final decision in order to “reflect the public opinion in the awards ceremony.”

Published on October 27, 2018 by 스포츠서울

• Like 1

|News|  2018•10•30 Singapore News about Son Ye Jin's Achievements in 2018

SEGL-Logo-768x99.jpg

SINGAPORE – Media Outreach – 30 October 2018 – Spackman Entertainment Group Limited (“Spackman Entertainment Group” or the “Company” and together with its subsidiaries, the “Group“), one of Korea’s leading entertainment production groups founded by financier Charles Spackman, wishes to announce that Korea’s leading actress Son Ye-jin of MS Team Entertainment Co., Ltd., a wholly‐owned subsidiary of the Group’s associated company, Spackman Media Group Limited, was awarded the Best Actress Award and Popularity Award at the second annual The Seoul Awards held on 27 October 2018.

Son Ye-jin’s performance in film BE WITH YOU, which debuted #1 and broke the all-time first week box office historical record for romance film in Korea, clinched her the Best Actress Award. Hosted by media outlet Sports Seoul, The Seoul Awards recognizes and honours outstanding achievements in film and television. Winners were evaluated and chosen by scoring 70% by expert judges and 30% by a group of 60 citizens who underwent an extensive interview process. 

Notably, Son Ye-jin received the Prime Minister’s Commendations at the 2018 Korean Popular Culture & Arts Awards on 24 October 2018. The annual ceremony presents awards from the Korean government to artists who have contributed to the development of Korean popular culture.  

Previously last month, Son Ye-jin won the Best Actress for Hallyu Dramas at the 2018 Seoul International Drama Awards, underscoring her international status as an iconic Korean actress. The 2018 Seoul International Drama Awards considered a total of 268 productions from 56 countries which is the largest number of submissions in the history of the award show. 

Earlier this year, Son Ye-jin was voted as the Top Female Star in the first half of 2018 in an online survey conducted by online research company, PMI, which surveyed 5,000 men and women between the age of 20 to 50 years old. In March 2018, Son Ye-jin was ranked #1 as the top movie actor brand in Korea’s brand power survey published by the Korean Business Research Institute. 

Son Ye-jin’s crime thriller film NEGOTIATION co-starring Hyun Bin, was released in Korea on 19 September 2018 and in Singapore on 4 October 2018.

Source (1)

• Like 1

|News|  2018•10•30 Son Ye Jin - Jung Hae In's Night - The Seoul Awards Reunion - The Strong Embrace "Chemistry Explosion"

android-chrome-48x48.png

30000616226_1280.jpg

Son Ye-jin and Jung Hae-in couple boasted chemistry at the awards ceremony.

On SBS 'Full Entertainment Night,' which was broadcasted on the 30th, Son Ye-jin and Jung Hae-in couple were reunited last weekend at “The Seoul Awards”.

Son Ye-jin and Jung Hae-in, who received hot love this year from the drama "A Pretty Sister Who Buys Me Food," attended 'The 2nd Seoul Awards' sitting side by side.

They were sharing conversations throughout the awards ceremony as if to showing off their sweetness in the air, when Son Ye-jin looked for something, Jung Hae-in immediately stood up revealing his appearance to public which attracted attention.

On this day, the two people, who won the popularity award of the film category and the popularity award of the drama category, came up to the stage.  Seo Hyun, who won the popular award at the same time, unknowingly stood between them on the stage and separated them.  Then, Seo Hyun gave up her position so that the other two could stand side by side.

Son Ye-jin and Jung Hae-in congratulated each other by sharing a strong embrace which brought envy to the viewers who celebrated the awards.

Source (1)

Behind-The-Scenes 

• Like 1

@cybertron oh this was in 2016 Blue Dragon Awards. Both Son Ye-jin and Jung Woo-sung won the popularity awards. The reason why they laughed because Jung Woo-sung said the same thing Son Ye-jin did.

Son yejin: Actually, I was nominated for the Best Actress today. I didn't know.  I've been very nervous, but I am getting the popular award?

Kim Hye-soo: it's really a little bit of a shift 

Son Ye-jin: Yes. I guess I should feel a little bit more relax 

Kim Hye-soo: I'm praying for Mr. Jung woo sung next to me who is also a candidate for the best actor. How are you going to be more nervous?

Jung Woo-sung: I actually came here today as a nominee for best actor but I’m getting the popular award. Thank you so much.

1 hour ago, fchopin said:

@cybertron oh this was in 2016 Blue Dragon Awards. Both Son Ye-jin and Jung Woo-sung won the popularity awards. The reason why they laughed because Jung Woo-sung said the same thing Son Ye-jin did.

Son yejin: Actually, I was nominated for the Best Actress today. I didn't know.  I've been very nervous, but I am getting the popular award?

Kim Hye-soo: it's really a little bit of a shift 

Son Ye-jin: Yes. I guess I should feel a little bit more relax 

Kim Hye-soo: I'm praying for Mr. Jung woo sung next to me who is also a candidate for the best actor. How are you going to be more nervous?

Jung Woo-sung: I actually came here today as a nominee for best actor but I’m getting the popular award. Thank you so much.

oh thank you very much..i thought ye jin talk about woo sung..

2 hours ago, cybertron said:

oh thank you very much..i thought ye jin talk about woo sung..

Jung Woo-sung was mimicking what Son ye-jin said. They were both kind of teasing each other because both were nominated for best actor/actress but they both got the popularity awards instead of the best actor/actress awards. They actually sat next to each other during the award ceremony. When the girl group performed a song on stage, a group member Moonbyul rapped "Jung Woo-sung, if I drink this (in one shot), would you go out with me?" It was a famous line in "A Moment to Rememer" starring Jung Woo-sung and Son Ye-jin :)

5 hours ago, fchopin said:

Jung Woo-sung was mimicking what Son ye-jin said. They were both kind of teasing each other because both were nominated for best actor/actress but they both got the popularity awards instead of the best actor/actress awards. They actually sat next to each other during the award ceremony. When the girl group performed a song on stage, a group member Moonbyul rapped "Jung Woo-sung, if I drink this (in one shot), would you go out with me?" It was a famous line in "A Moment to Rememer" starring Jung Woo-sung and Son Ye-jin :)

Awww thank you so much for this post.

A Moment To Remember is one of my favourite.

And that soju scene was epic.

IKon even parody that scene..

• Like 1

|Video|  2018•10•27 The 2nd Seoul Popularity Awards Acceptance Speech

Video Translation 

(Caption on video: today |27th| Kyung Hee University Peace Hall - The 2nd Seoul Awards)

It's the first time ever...the amplitude of the sound... wow 

(Caption on video: Side by side Popularity awards Son Ye-jin and Jung hae-in)

SeoHyun

Jung Hae-in

Son Ye-jin

(Caption on video: Reason Son Ye-jin and Jung hae-in hugged during the award ceremony?)

JHM: my sister is looking at me with a heartfelt look. Let me go to Ms. Son. I’ll ask you one question.  First, I would like to congratulate you for receiving the popularity in movie category. 

What is your impression of getting popularity award in movie category? 

SYJ: I’m am pretty shy right now. Oh..Thank you so very much for each and every precious vote. Thanks to you all that I received a really nice popularity award. And I personally have many longtime fans who are always close by my side supporting me. I want to publicly say thanks to you all at this place. I really want to to do so. Your true heart is deep inside my heart. It’s given me really great strength. Thank you and I love you.

JHM: I would like to congratulate you on the recent Prime Minister’s Commendation. Yes. I understand. 

(Caption on video: after the awards testimony, MC Jun Hyun-moo was throwing questions...”Jung Hae-in or So Ji-sub who is closer to ideal type?”)

First, I have one question for you. Do not panic because he’s the character ..oh..let’s pick your ideal type Mr. Jung in Pretty sister who buys me food or So Ji-sub who was casted in the movie “I’m going to meet you now”.  Not real. Do not feel burden by it. Who do you remember more when you think of the role?

SYJ: oh but both of them are perfect men....oh Joon-hee.

(Caption on video: “Still Joon-hee (Jung Hae in’s character in the drama”)

JHM: oh Joon-hee. What kind of charm that attract you more?

SYJ: he's a very rare young man who is so respectable in love and who is the first to love others than himself 

JHM: that was him. Oh oh

I watched the drama and you got hit a lot.  That’s it. We just hate the beating scenes a lot. Because our younger brother was awarded a prize, our Jin-ah goes to the lobby to say a word to our beaten Joon-hee 

SYJ: what do you mean by saying something like that?

JHM: what I'm saying is something like when you meet again after separation, like ... showing your support like a sister character in the drama who didn't have that chance. 

SYJ: what should I say?

JHM: Joon-hee...let’s try it once

JHM: maybe I am too inconvenient to be in the middle. How about you two share your words to congratulate each other. Yes.. when will you first come to your sister.

Ohh... I didn't ask for this. Now is your turn to congratulate to your sister. Say something

JHI: well, Sister, congratulations too.  Congratulations with sincerity.

SYI: thank you, Joon-hee

JHM: because I’m standing in the middle, I look like a priest. (Caption on video: a word from Jun Hyun-moo from watching two people “because I’m in the middle, I look like a priest (or preacher).”

Yes. I understand. Anyways , I sincerely want to congratulate 3 of you on this award. 

The 4th one is a male popularity award in movie section who has sent a thank you video...

• Thanks 1

|Event|   2018•11•12 Son Ye Jin - Super Icon Woman at the "ELLE Style Awards 2018"

Event:  ELLE Style Awards 2018

Date: November 12, 2018

Location: Grand Intercontinental Seoul Parnas Hotel - Samseong-dong, Gangam-gu, Seoul, South Korea

"Elle Styles Awards, organized by Fashion medial Elle Korea, is the only style award ceremony in Korea that selects the most influential and stylish invidividuals in fashion, culture and arts.

Award Acceptance Speech

Hello I’m Son Ye-jin. This is the first time I come here today.  I think this is a really amazing award ceremony. I’ve been greeting you with a lot of different works this year. I would like to say thank you for giving me lots of interest and love.  In my case, when the work is decided and the role is determined, the first thing I do is to select fashions and arrange meeting for styling. I think it’s a really important part in expressing a role as an actor. I will show you a lot of good acting again with a costume suitable for a good role in the future. Thank you so much for today.

201811121926772861_5be9556650770.jpg

20181112192141_1270020_664_996.jpg

2018111219331345833-540x886.jpg

mb_1542019267419751.jpg

Spoiler

1S75TX0I3W_1.jpg

mb_1542019355136504.jpg

201811121921430510_1.jpg

511731_362148_1932.jpg

Dry7T_nVYAAh8yo?format=jpg

Dry7UWlUwAAsm4r?format=jpg

dc2SUYb3?format=jpg&name=orig