Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

A Moment To Remember to open in Japan in 300 theaters

Oct 18, 2005 KST 14:31

ji_l.jpg

The movie "A Memory To Remember" will soon open throughout Japan following its predecessor, "April Snow."

According to the Japanese firm Gaga Film on Oct. 22, "A Memory To Remember" has secured 300 theaters in Japan for its opening, rivaling "April Snow" not only in terms of scale but also in terms of costs -- about 6 million dollars was invested in the movie's marketing and promotion. Such a large investment was based on the popularity of the movie's lead actors in Japan and the movie's genre -- a sad melodrama -- which greatly appeals to Japanese audiences.

In Japan, the popularity of the movie’s lead actress, Son Ye-jin, who starred opposite Bae Yong-jun in "April Snow," is on par with the popularity of Choi Ji-woo. Meanwhile, Chung Woo-sung, the movie's lead actor, gained popularity in that country for his role in "The Warrior Princess," whose director's-cut DVD has been released in Japan recently.

Another factor that adds to the movie's appeal is that its plot is based on a Japanese TV drama.

Son, who left for Japan in the morning of Oct. 18 to promote the movie prior to its opening, will participate in the movie's premiere to be held at 6:30 p.m. at the Tokyo International Forum and afterward make an appearance on TV Asahi's talk show. Fuji TV will produce a special documentary on Son's promotional activities in Japan after filming footage of her for three days and two nights.

Source: KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/mcontents/enterta...5039_11692.html

The Queen of Melodrama transformed into an experienced lover in "Arts of Seduction"

20051018181038.306.0.jpg

Recent news reported that the filming of Arts of Seduction (AoS) is now 70% completed. In Arts of Seduction, Ye jin plays an experienced lover who can seduce any man.

According to the production crews of AoS, they were astonished that Ye jin, being perceived as the Queen of melodrama, was totally transformed into an experienced lover and was able to portray the spirit of a 'seducer' convincingly; so much so that production crews were asking "Is that really Yejin???" Some production crews went further and declared "This is the real ye jin!!"

Source: Korean Review Star

http://news.media.daum.ne ... /v10506527.html

Ye jin in Japan from 18 to 21 Oct and receiving treatments as a Top korean star

Upon arriving in Japan on 18 Oct, Ye jin immediately attended a 90 minutes talk show on TV Ashahi. Fuji TV will be filming Ye jin throughout her 3 days visit and will be making her visit into a documentary program.

2005101814.jpg

For the premiere of AMTR on 18 Oct, many prominent politicians, top celebrities, artists would be attending as well. This would surely raise the profile of Ye jin.

In her short 3 days visit, Ye jin has been scheduled to give interviews with several major publications such as Yomiuri Juniji, Sinkei newspaper, 'Free woman', 'Ashahi weekly', 'Sundemi Mayiniqi' and including interviews with several TV stations such as NHK, Fuji and Ashahi.

I feel that the Japanese will love Ye jin because they appreciate talents. Ye jin go go! Ajar ajar fighting!

Wallpapers of AMTR japanese release

2005101815.jpg

2005101812.jpg

(I love the emotions between their eyes!)

2005101807.jpg

(Talking to Santa claus)

2005101813.jpg

(Happier moments)

Reposted from www.sonyejin.org

NGs of Ye jin in AMTR

This is an old video and only intended for new fans of AMTR.

mms://media1.maxmovie.com/av/maxerasermyheadson.wmv

In the video, you will find that the Queen of melodrama is actually very bubbly in real life and in the film set.

My christmas wish for 2005

That Director Hur will release a Director's Cut with the April Snow DVD release and including all the unused scenes (no, I don't mean the 9 hours worth of bed scenes but that would be a bonus!)

My christmas wish for 2005

That Director Hur will release a Director's Cut with the April Snow DVD release and including all the unused scenes (no, I don't mean the 9 hours worth of bed scenes but that would be a bonus!)

:lol::lol:

thanks for the posting of the AS box office in s'pore in BYJ thread.

wisey, u are so cute..posting everywhere regarding your christmas wish...

The director will not come here to read.....why don't we write to Showeast instead? Let's get everyone to write in!!! What do you think?

:lol::lol:

thanks for the posting of the AS box office in s'pore in BYJ thread.

wisey, u are so cute..posting everywhere regarding your christmas wish...

The director will not come here to read.....why don't we write to Showeast instead? Let's get everyone to write in!!! What do you think?

Director Hur looks like a man with a strong mind. But for business sense and marketability, the DVD will sell like there is no tomorrow if it contains all the nice unused scenes. Why not post in Quilt and tap on the power of Baesisters?

Ye jin at AMTR Japanese premiere

200510190936190200_1.jpg

200510191025350100_1.jpg

200510191025350100_2.jpg

Reposted from www.iyejin.com

....Why don't Ye jin dress young...for example, this is her dressing in the korea AMTR premiere, like a little princess..ke ke

200511297057550.jpg

Ye jin showing off her sexy and beautiful dance moves in Arts of Seduction

News from Korea reported that Ye jin will be dancing in AoS and during a recent filming session in a studio, journalists were invited to witness the dancing scene. In AoS, she is supposed to be a 'seducer' so her dance moves will have to be sexy and beautiful.

This surprised many observers because Ye jin's roles in her past movies have been reserved and innocent characters.

Actually I think Ye jin loves dancing and is confident of her dancing skill. How do I know? Ye jin has stated she would love a role like Nicole Kidman in the Moulin Rouge which has lots of dancing and singing. Hence, she is not afraid of dancing. People are confusing her with her onscreen personality because of her past movies.

Guest yellow roses

This is an interview a fan (rena chow) had with syj's manager. syjfan has kindly asked me to translate it and i have done so. happy reading :)

I’ll cut out the part on the writer(rena chow?) talking about syj’s manager (Jiang?), I’ll just jump into syj’s beginnings in the industry, yeah?

(all this is directly from the writer’s point of view. So the ‘I’ and ‘me’ is the writer too)

-----------------------

what interested me the most during the 5 hour chat with sjy’s manager would be syj’s beginnings. Apparently syj didn’t have it easy in the beginning as everyone perceived.

Syj had already signed up with TUBE since she was in high school. Therefore when she was advertising Somang cosmetics at 17 years old, she was already under TUBE’s management.

However within that year when she first started, she didn’t get any contracts despite TUBE sending her for numerous interviews and auditions. She got rejected and didn’t even have one job after one and half years. The only time would be during the movie, “secret” where she gave a voice-over.

It was only because most of the roles in Delicious Proposal were acted by new actors thus syj got the part as other older artistes didn’t want to do it. A real gem only needs a ray of light to shine upon it in order to sparkle, and that was syj, who grabbed the first chance she had.

During periods when syj didn’t have any work, she wasn’t idling either. She went to the TUBE office everyday. TUBE had helped prepare a room for her to practice her acting skills. Her manager, Jiang, also joked by saying that in the past, syj would bow her head and greet everyone once she entered the office then she would quickly entered her room. Howver now syj would also greet people but with her head raised. It goes to show that syj’s confidence and self esteem has grown over the years. But syj still feels unsure at some points of her life.

Concerning syj’s personality, I told her manager that I felt that syj’s public image and her real life personality are vastly different. Who knew, her manager actually agreed with me and laughed.

Although Hui Yuan (Summer Scent) is a character that everyone likes, however I think that syj is the most different from this character. If I was to chose which character was most like syj, I wouldn’t choose AMTR but The Classic instead. This is because I see syj as an extremely resilient, hardworking and sensible person, not to say disciplined too. Once she sets herself to do something, no matter how arduous the road is, or how much mental anguish she experiences, she will not cry in self-pity but grit her teeth and continue to walk on bravely. Moreover when life becomes easier and smoother, she doesn’t get complacent too and forgets where she stands and belongs. She is also very humble. Perhaps not everyone likes such a syj as every man would wish to protect syj and cradle her in his arms but I believe that if disaster strikes, syj will emerge stronger than anyone of us. She will be the most determined and last to give in.

Her manager, Jiang, shared a story with me. TUBE often organizes group activities like going to the beach to play to hike up a hill. Jiang said that syj would always be the first one to reach the slated venue; for example when they hiked up a hill, she was up in a flash and leading the way from a long distance away. Also she would shout, “HURRY UP! HUURY UP!” and would even come down to help male colleagues or pat them on the back to cheer them on.

When syj laughs, she seldom uses her hand to cover her mouth and always throws back her head to roar in laughter; also her voice is very loud. However when she chats with friends, she is often the listener and not the talker.

When I was chatting with another Korean fan of syj, she told me that syj was very lucky to belong to TUBE as it is a more female-oriented company and ver beneficial and helpful to syj in her career.

This is an interview a fan (rena chow) had with syj's manager. syjfan has kindly asked me to translate it and i have done so. happy reading :)

Syj had already signed up with TUBE since she was in high school. Therefore when she was advertising Somang cosmetics at 17 years old, she was already under TUBE’s management.

However within that year when she first started, she didn’t get any contracts despite TUBE sending her for numerous interviews and auditions. She got rejected and didn’t even have one job after one and half years. The only time would be during the movie, “secret” where she gave a voice-over.

It was only because most of the roles in Delicious Proposal were acted by new actors thus syj got the part as other older artistes didn’t want to do it. A real gem only needs a ray of light to shine upon it in order to sparkle, and that was syj, who grabbed the first chance she had.

During periods when syj didn’t have any work, she wasn’t idling either. She went to the TUBE office everyday. TUBE had helped prepare a room for her to practice her acting skills. Her manager, Jiang, also joked by saying that in the past, syj would bow her head and greet everyone once she entered the office then she would quickly entered her room. Howver now syj would also greet people but with her head raised. It goes to show that syj’s confidence and self esteem has grown over the years. But syj still feels unsure at some points of her life.

I like this dinner discussion between Rena and Ye jin's manager in Korea. Ye jin came into prominence in Delicious Proposal which was a highly successful TV drama with no. 1 rating then. When people started noticing Ye jin, she was doing well all the way and big projects kept coming her way in the form of 3 more TV dramas, 6 movies which included Chawaseon, Lovers' concerto, The Classic, Crazy First Love, A Moment to Remember and now April Snow...all within 3 to 4 years. Many prominent korean actresses haven't even made one single movie and one could realise how lucky Ye jin was. Not to mention all her movies have been massive hits in Korean (massive hit = > 1.5 million box ticket sales for melodrama).

It all seems so easy. But now we know that Ye jin had a hard time for one and a half year with no work and she made use of the time to upgrade herself.

I also feel that Ye jin's acting in earlier work is only so so especially Jeany and Jenny which I think her acting was not first class.

Her acting became reaallly good from 'The Classic' onwards. I think Director Kwak (the same director of "My Sassy Girl") has a great impact on Ye jin and also teaching her how to act well. The rest is history.

A Moment To Remember to open in Japan in 300 theaters

Oct 18, 2005 KST 14:31

ji_l.jpg

The movie "A Memory To Remember" will soon open throughout Japan following its predecessor, "April Snow."

According to the Japanese firm Gaga Film on Oct. 22, "A Memory To Remember" has secured 300 theaters in Japan for its opening, rivaling "April Snow" not only in terms of scale but also in terms of costs -- about 6 million dollars was invested in the movie's marketing and promotion. Such a large investment was based on the popularity of the movie's lead actors in Japan and the movie's genre -- a sad melodrama -- which greatly appeals to Japanese audiences.

In Japan, the popularity of the movie’s lead actress, Son Ye-jin, who starred opposite Bae Yong-jun in "April Snow," is on par with the popularity of Choi Ji-woo. Meanwhile, Chung Woo-sung, the movie's lead actor, gained popularity in that country for his role in "The Warrior Princess," whose director's-cut DVD has been released in Japan recently.

Another factor that adds to the movie's appeal is that its plot is based on a Japanese TV drama.

Son, who left for Japan in the morning of Oct. 18 to promote the movie prior to its opening, will participate in the movie's premiere to be held at 6:30 p.m. at the Tokyo International Forum and afterward make an appearance on TV Asahi's talk show. Fuji TV will produce a special documentary on Son's promotional activities in Japan after filming footage of her for three days and two nights.

Source: KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/mcontents/enterta...5039_11692.html

Apparently about 1,500 attended the premiere of AMTR and one of news reported that many people were crying in the premiere.

I know what it is like. When I was watching in Singapore and in the 4 times I watched, there were lots of weeping, tissue and nose blowing sounds. Some audience were crying as they left the cinema because the last 2 scenes were very emotional (at the supermart and on the jeep).

Imagine half of those attended were moved to tears and you can imagine the noise made by few hundred people weeping, taking out tissues and blowing their noses.

Guest yellow roses

yeah.. i agree AMTR is really tear-jerking. i could still remember the first time my mum and i went to watch it. suddenly, i felt my row of seats jerking and guess what, i turned to my side to find my mum crying and jerking the ROW OF SEATS. haha, my mum is emotional but not that emotional so it goes to show how 'teary' AMTR can get you to be. even me, cos i'm not the type to even tear during sad scenes..

yeah.. i agree AMTR is really tear-jerking. i could still remember the first time my mum and i went to watch it. suddenly, i felt my row of seats jerking and guess what, i turned to my side to find my mum crying and jerking the ROW OF SEATS. haha, my mum is emotional but not that emotional so it goes to show how 'teary' AMTR can get you to be. even me, cos i'm not the type to even tear during sad scenes..

I don't even need to look at others...I was busy blowing my nose and wiping the tears just in case people around me caught a mature man crying. I think I cried the most in my third viewing. I was so involved in the story that I started crying the moment the 'mad doctor' informed Su jin of her alzhemier in my third viewing...lol.

Guest sandrydc

Syjfan, I absolutely agree with you - AMTR is my favourite movie!!!

It seems that you love her like crazy.

yellowroses, many thanks for the translation.

Guest k_addict

Good newz!!! April Snow in Manila!

I heard from an ABS-CBN (one uv da largest TV network in Phil) insider tat they are da one who luckily got da rightz to locally release AS here in Manila.

Tentatively da unveilin' full trailer will embark on October 25 `en showin on theaterz da mid uv November.

Isnt tat a great gift on Christmas??.... Callin' ma sis... jhing, hazel_witch, Hae-won, ems, hallen, liezle, frances `en otherz... Lez rejoice!!!

:P:D

Hae_Won heloOoO0!! Uv course I did. Wuz da reason behind yer secret huh sis, BTW? Ha ha ha ha!! :lol:

:lol: i was sooo ecstatic when i read this post! thanks for the info quetacho! im from pinas, too! i live in davao but im studying in manilaso i'd be able to watch AS! yay! i wonder why ABS CBN chose to release this movie.. could it be that Gabby Lopez is a fan of SYJ as well? hehe! :D