Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Park Kyung Ri who is on JTBC's drama, Undercover mentioned Son Ye Jin and Jun Ji Hyun as her role models

Park Kyung-ri wants to be an actor with the heart of rookie. When asked who his role model was as an actor, she said, "I like Son Ye-jin and Jun Ji-hyun. I watched the movie 'A Moment To Remember' several times because I like it. "What's interesting is that there are fashion trends these days," she said. "I like romance with stories and deep and desperate. I like ballad songs, too. Recently, she likes Kwon Jin-ah's "Backside of Goodbye," Park Jae-jung's "As Much as I Love You" and Oh My Girl's "Dun Dun Dance." "Oh My Girl's stage is so cute."

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2021060814290082985

It is more improbable that "The Cross" movie will not be made. Variety has reported:

“They Are Us,” a new drama about the aftermath of the Christchurch attacks on New Zealand’s Muslim community is the next project that will be written and directed by Andrew Niccol.   FilmNation Entertainment, the company behind “Late Night” and “Arrival,” will unveil the project to international buyers at the upcoming Cannes Virtual Market with CAA Media Finance submitting it to domestic and worldwide distributors. (It is unclear whether Niccol has financing or is looking for financial investors at Cannes. His agency, CAA, appears to being putting together the project from its talent base.)

I first found it strange that SYJ named her new puppy Kitty. Unless she was making a humorous play on words; naming her dog after a cat name. But then I realized that Kitty was a very popular nickname in the 1920s-1950s for Katherine. I have noticed that many Korean celebrities name their pets with English names. If I recall correctly, SYJ had a dog named Benji.

@welh11yes I didn't want to bring that news here since we haven't had an update on Cross officially since January - it being delayed to film to September instead. I didn't want to jump into official conclusions on Cross. Regardless, it already said then that it was also not sure if filming could happen in September (due to covid situation). Son Ye Jin also mentioned she couldn't talk about Cross more in Glass China bringing up "situation" too. If she is considering doing 39, it will be filming same time as Cross as 39 is filming second half of the year which is sometime this year. So we shall see what has happened. She was "positively reviewing" the offer for 39 in April - the news then. 

Regardless, Andrew's new project he will be writing and directing. They are getting buyers at Cannes Market. It will be taking place in New Zealand (higher chance it could get filmed ). They only announced Rose as the lead though. So it could film later in the year or more likely next year - depending where his new project is at and how it does at Cannes Market.

Update on Crash Landing On You musical

"Crash Landing On You," musical...Wizwick Studio Co-produced

http://www.slist.kr/news/photo/202106/259268_432146_4511.jpeg
The musical "Crash Landing on You" meets with Wiziwick Studio, which gave birth to the Netflix movie "Seungriho," to increase the level of perfection.

According to Pop Music Co., Ltd. and T2N Media Co., Ltd. on the 14th, Wizwick Studio will participate as a co-production partner for the musical "Crash Landing on Love" to showcase stage and LED production with new technologies.

Wizwick Studio is a representative CG/VFX technology-based comprehensive content production solution company in South Korea and is the first official Disney partner in South Korea. In addition to CG/VFX technology, realistic content production technologies such as virtual production infrastructure, augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and virtual convergence technology (XR) are expected to be used for the musical "Crash Landing of Love ."

The production of the musical "Crash Landing on Love" is also speeding up. Pop Music Co., Ltd. and T2N Media Co., Ltd. have already completed the formation of major staff members and are reportedly stepping up their casting work in earnest. Starting with Seoul in mid-2022, he is planning to meet his fans.

Pop Music Co., Ltd. and T2N Media Co., Ltd. said, "Expectations are already rising as Wizwick Studio participates in the production of the musical 'Crash Landing on Love'." "We will do our best to add to the audience's immersion and emotion through colorful technologies that have not been seen in previous musicals."

http://m.slist.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=259268

Looks like Son Ye Jin's live event for SMART is coming soon . 

The stream is only available in the Philippines for all Smart Prepaid, Smart Postpaid (Smart Signature and legacy/non-Signature plans), Smart Infinity, Smart Bro, and TNT subscribers. Just make sure that you connect using your mobile data.

• Like 1

Son Ye Jin's post before bed. To brag about her dumplings she made for the first time :) 

dumplings.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQJJmubH87J/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Lee Jung Hyun left comment saying Elegant, So delicious 

Some more details on the SMART upcoming event - it looks like it will involve more SMART endorsers (kpop idols, groups) were also mentioned

• Like 1

I wonder if SYJ's food post was inspired by Korean variety-celebrity cooking show FUN RESTAURANT. Her friends, Lee Jung Hyun and Oh Yoon Ah,  have many times been featured guests on the show. It is a highly competitive and informational show. The last episodes featured participants making menus with dumplings. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, welh11 said:

It is a highly competitive and informational show. The last episodes featured participants making menus with dumplings. 

I love this show

It will be exciting if she is a guest or joins cooking with Oh Yoona Ah in a Fun Staurant 

I really enjoy watching her variety show in master in the house
I hope she has time to join the variety show again.

• Like 1

Son Ye Jin posted on cooking again! The food looks really good :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQYDvrena6_/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Lee Jung Hyun left comment :) Wow, it looks delicious

Just a couple of the many articles 

"What can't you do?"... 'Hyun Bin ♥' Son Ye-jin, a golf goddess smile

Actress Son Ye-jin appears on the YouTube channel and shows off her golf skills that she has honed in the past.  /Photo = Capture of YouTube channel 'Imjin Han Class'
Actress Son Ye-jin appears on the YouTube channel and shows off her golf skills that she has honed in the past. /Photo = Capture of YouTube channel 'Imjin Han Class'
Actress Son Ye-jin boasted the appearance of a golf goddess. Recently, on the YouTube channel 'Imjin Han Class' specialized in golf lessons, 'For the first time! A video titled 'What's the golf skill of a pretty older sister who buys you food?'

In the video, Son Ye-jin caught the eye by appearing in an innocent look wearing a white golf suit. To Ye-jin Son, who showed off her perfect driver's full swing, Jin-han Lim praised her, saying, "I can't tell you to come out if my form is bad."

Son Ye-jin said to the viewers, "It's a process where I keep learning with the same heart as you. Looking at me, I hope that people with skills similar to mine will exert a little more energy and become an upgraded golfer.”

Son Ye-jin is famous for enjoying golf as a hobby. A "golf course date" with Hyun Bin, who is currently dating, was seen, and the two reportedly became closer while building friendship through golf. Son Ye-jin's episode of "Imjin Class" will be released on the 23rd.

Photo = Son Ye-jin's Instagram

Actress Son Ye-jin showed off her cooking skills.

BF.26707613.1.jpg

Son Ye-jin posted on her Instagram on the 21st, "Have a good dinner". The photos and videos posted together show the appearance of dumpling mushroom hotpot, tteokbokki, and fish cake soup. Judging by the same induction and pot, you can guess that Son Ye-jin cooked it herself. Son Ye-jin's high-level cooking skills are admiring. Son Ye-jin recently revealed the pretty dumplings she made herself.

Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin, who worked together through the tvN drama 'Crash Landing on You', started dating publicly in January.

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/topic/article/2021062113624

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

The food looks really good

Yummy... if I have dinner like this so I must fast in next day :joy:

22 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

Son Ye-jin, a golf goddess smile

look his eye smile make me happy :hooray2:

I like her last interview with W Korea and now waiting for her next video interview :issohappy:

Son Ye Jin golfing for over 3 years and Lim Jihan pro taught her himself :) She really learns from the best!! That's also another reason she finally agreed to do this. Also, nice as she knows we haven't seen her on "TV" in a while due to pandemic. So cute how she shared she plays better with him lol. She's often competitive when playing golf hahaa. Even as her teacher, he does bets with her too hahaa. Looking forward to part 2 :) 

• Like 1

Yes, Son Ye Jin has a very good swing for a beginner. But professional lessons do help novices grasp the fundamentals of the game. As she said, she knows what she does wrong when she makes a bad shot. She likes the game because it has so many variables to be a compelling challenge. It fits well with her personality. Also, many of her friends have taken up the sport. Uhm Ji Won stated on her YT channel that she started golf last year. She showed herself taking indoor lessons in the middle of winter. Professional lessons are not inexpensive; students usually take them once or twice a week. Obsessed new golfers take even more.

Lim Jin Han was an accomplished Korean professional golfer. He won the KPGA Championship in 1983 and 1984.

His extroverted personality and clear explanations goes well for teaching amateurs about the game. SYJ credits him for improving her game skills. They said they played many rounds together. Normally, in the US, teaching pros use the practice range as the main method of instructing their students. But on-course teaching rounds do make some sense since it takes next shot strategy into the lessons. Lim called Ye Jin "a long hitter." She can drive the ball 200 yards which is pretty good from the ladies tees.

SYJ's visor said "South Cape." South Cape is an island luxury resort SE of Busan on Namhae Island.  It is listed as the Best Course in South Korea. It has been compared to Pebble Creek in California for its scenic views and course layout. A round of golf at South Cape can cost more than $500 US per person. Golf Magazine sent a reporter to the course and he was blown away by the service and amenities. Generally, golf is not a cheap sport to play. 

Golf has always been a major hobby in South Korea. It is so popular that the SBS Network has its own 24 hour golf channel. One of its popular programs is an unscripted show called "The Real Course" where a group of Korean LPGA pros are filmed having a friendly round of golf. No third party commentary, just like the viewer is riding along from a caddy perspective. It is a very relaxing show, like the many network camping shows that popped up during the pandemic.

What is also very trendy now is golf fashion in Korea. The spill over from celebrity popularity to golf fashion seems like a no-brainer endorsement opportunity. 

• Like 1

A lot of Koreans wear golf brands when golfing - Oh Yoon Ah, Uhm Ji Won and Lee Jung Hyun - wear a lot of Fair Liar - UJW and OYA often are all in Fair Liar except shoes. Otherwise they usually mix and match with other golf brands or casual/yoga clothes

Son Ye Jin's golf gloves and shoes are not Southcape. Southcape is also one of the best golf resorts in Korea - they have more than just the golf clothes especially as of last year. She wore other brands. Her recent sighting or old pic that came out a few days ago - she is wearing Malbon golf - well known golf brand in LA.

SMART Live event is on July 16

• Like 1