Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

On 4/5/2021 at 9:57 PM, ElectricHearts said:

LMJ's variety show

LMJ has a variety show or be guest? what is the name?

On 4/8/2021 at 1:55 AM, ElectricHearts said:

Crocodile Ladies and Jenny House partnering up for this event

wooow...

it will be nice if see SYJ video at this event

I never saw this paragliding photo before, lovely and lively

On 4/5/2021 at 9:57 PM, ElectricHearts said:

One afternoon when the sunset is beautiful

i really like it, lovely and lively :hooray2:

Watched some of Uhm Ji Won's yt videos from her channel.  The one with her and Gong Hyo Jin and friend doing an impromptu shopping trip at the market was fun and funny.  Then I saw that their mutual friend Oh Yoon Ah also has her own yt channel.  They all seem like really down to earth ladies with a good sense of humour so I can see why SYJ is good friends with them.  And they all seem to love plates and flowers lol.  It would be fun to see SYJ featured in her friends' videos some time, but no pressure, I understand it's not for everybody.  Not every actor wants to share their private life on the internet when they already have to share so much else with the public.  

SYJ x Jennyhouse CF was posted on Singles Magazine acccount https://www.instagram.com/p/CNjJagCht6k/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

@Seriya yea her friends' vlogs are fun! especially the another vlog UJW was a part of when she was learning English in NY. You saw her life as a normal person while being in New York with normal friends. It's fun :) It made me wish I know them in real life. They are really fun people to be around :) OYA opened up more on Fun Straurent too. You see more of her daily life with her son Min and she also includes more of this on her vlog :) SYJ really has a great group of very close friends in her life :) 

The list is really good. A Moment To Remember is #83

83. A Moment to Remember (2004) 

John H. Lee (Lee Jae-han)

moment%20to%20remember-1200-1200-675-675

Based on the 2001 Japanese television drama Pure Soul, this is a tear-jerking romance and melodrama that is also a superb technical feat of direction and fine onscreen performances. Fashion designer Su-jin and construction site foreman Chul-soo have a chance encounter leading to a relationship and eventually marriage. When Su-jin receives an early-onset Alzheimer's disease diagnosis, the pair must face this fate together. 

It is a film which shows the complexities of love and the challenges that many relationships face. What seems like another rom-com to throw on the pile eventually turns into some more meaningful and ultimately heart-breaking. 

agency posted AHC China Behind The Scenes video

ahcchina.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88XaharZGmY

Recent post on Seoul Institute of Arts post. Mentioning those who went to their university:the link: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNjnJGMsQTX/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Spoiler

Crocodile Ladies recent instagram posts: (pics aren't new)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNlq6Z1FcG9/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNi8kG7nrkT/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

News pics of Younglim -> So beautiful, cute and happy :)

https://zapzee.net/2021/04/16/son-ye-jin-offered-to-take-the-lead-in-encounter-writers-new-romance-series-with-jeon-mi-do/

Son Ye Jin Offered to Take the Lead in ‘Encounter’ Writer’s New Romance Series with Jeon Mi Do

by krishkim

A9E22F2D-218F-4254-83B9-3DC3B2597286.jpg

Credit: MSTeam Entertainment, CJ ENM

Son Ye Jin may be returning to the small screen with Thirty-Nine (literal title).

According to media outlets, Son Ye Jin was offered to take the lead in the upcoming JTBC series Thirty-Nine.

Thirty-Nine is a real-life human romance about the love and life of three 39-years-old friends. It is to be produced as a 12-part series by Lotte Cultureworks. Encounter screenwriter Yoo Young Ah pens the script, while Run On co-director Kim Sang Ho helms the production.

The role that Son Ye Jin was offered to play is 39-years-old Cha Mi Jo. She was born with a silver spoon in her mouth and now owns her own dermatology clinic in Gangnam. If she joins the project, she will be working with Hospital Playlist actress Jeon Mi Do.

Earlier, Son Ye Jin had been preparing for her Hollywood film Cross. But when the production was indefinitely postponed due to coronavirus, the actress started reviewing Korean projects. If she stars in Thirty-Nine, it will be her comeback in about a year since Crash Landing On You.

In response, MSTeam Entertainment shared, “Son Ye Jin was offered the lead role and is positively reviewing it.”

Thirty-Nine will begin filming in the latter half of this year.

Source (1)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On April 15, Son Ye Jin’s  agency MSTeam Entertainment confirmed the actress received a casting offer, but nothing has been decided as of yet. 'Thirty-Nine' tells the story about 2 friends who are almost turning 40 years old.  It's described as a realistic, slice-of-life drama that will follow the friends as they experience life and romance. If cast, Son Ye Jin will play Cha Mi Jo, who's from a wealthy household and is now the director of a skincare clinic in Gangnam.

This project would be an interesting premise for SYJ. When she took the role in SITR, she wanted to realistically play a woman in her mid-30s facing cultural and family pressures on her career and marriage. She kept true to her belief in her character's immaturity in decision making in the end which left some viewers disappointed in the second half of the series.

Thirty-Nine would explore another cultural milestone of women turning 40. Her character could have a more mature approach to social issues facing Korean women when they reach 40 (such as ageism and sexism). I would look forward to her take on this subject matter.

Jeon Mi Do is also filming Hospital Playlist Season 2 - drama airs June 17. So if Jeon Mi Do is considering the drama, it most likely is filming after HP is done filming.

Sounds like a good drama but only Son Ye Jin knows :) She wanted to work with a more female centric cast too! 

It might be a remake of Chinese drama Nothing but Thirty - as there were talks earlier in the year that JTBC acquired rights to the drama. Although kmedia articles havent mentioned this. So who knows. It was brought up when other people looked back. The one line synopsis is similar so it can be easily linked to that drama too. 

People were suggesting actors back then and one fan did bring up SYJ's name as a suggestion. Jeon Mi Do got casting/offer for the drama last month - JoyNews24 also posted the exclusive last month http://www.joynews24.com/view/1348572 (similar with SYJ's one) 

The original kmedia article for SYJ casting (before agency update)

http://www.joynews24.com/view/1358949

A fan got an autograph from SYJ - the day she was working last month.

Production companies often leak script offers so that there is publicity about their project to get investors and advertisers. I realized that the description of SYJ's character in 39 is directed toward her type of script/story but also toward her current CF endorsements: a rich woman (brand name clothes) and dermatologist (skin care products and cosmetics).

if SYJ accept this role maybe the script about daily/problematic of women but I don't know about screenwriter cause not yet watching "encounter". 

I read the Nothing but Thirty summary,  i was going to try watching it but it didn't work because the episodes were too long :smiley:

Excited to see some potential casting news for SYJ at last!

Nothing but Thirty is on my list of dramas to watch as I've heard lots of good comments about it, and if SYJ takes on a Korean adaptation, I'll definitely be interested to see what they do with it.  Female centric/slice of life/themes of womanhood approaching a certain age milestone are all subjects that interest me. 

Nothing but Thirty was a big hit in Asia so I am guessing its potential adaptation is also a hot script in SK.  Haven't watched any of the writer/director's previous works but hopefully they will do this project justice.  I do like age appropriate casting and SYJ and the other actress would be a good fit for an adaptation looking at the age 40 milestone. 

I also like the fact that a potential series would be 12 episodes.  I find that Kdrama episodes can sometimes drag in terms of episode duration and the number of episodes, and some series would definitely benefit from shorter, sharper editing and storytelling.  SYJ has spoken of the stamina required to film a TV drama so perhaps the shorter number of episodes also appeals to her.

I thought SYJ's next project might be a film, but her criteria is probably whatever script appeals most to her.

I still hope Cross happens eventually as it seems like an interesting project, but if there are more delays, glad to see SYJ back at work before that.

When an article includes a comment from the agency that they are "positively reviewing", does it mean that an acceptance is likely?  Things can be lost in translation and weirdly translated into English.

Has SYJ ever played a doctor before?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seriya said:

I also like the fact that a potential series would be 12 episodes.  I find that Kdrama episodes can sometimes drag in terms of episode duration and the number of episodes, and some series would definitely benefit from shorter, sharper editing and storytelling.  SYJ has spoken of the stamina required to film a TV drama so perhaps the shorter number of episodes also appeals to her.

Looking forward to seeing Yejin on the small screen again. I looked for "Nothing But Thirty" online and it is 43 episodes of 46 minutes each. I definitely won't be watching that. It does seem to be a similar concept to how Thirty-Nine is being described. 12 episodes will definitely be better for Yejin and for the audience.

I don't recall Yejin playing a doctor.

@SeriyaWhen an article includes a comment from the agency that they are "positively reviewing", does it mean that an acceptance is likely?

It is a polite way for an artist's agency to say "we have received an offer for a project." It does not mean the artist will likely accept it. Even if an artist likes the premise or initial script (a summary or 1-2 draft episodes if there is no pre-existing work like a novel), there are so many other factors involved before acceptance: film schedules, schedule conflicts, shooting locations, budget, salary, other actors/casting, required promotion, etc.

• Insightful 2

It’s so nice to hear a potential new drama for SYJ! While I liked she had a great rest and recovery after the brutal schedule and filming of CLOY, I’m ready to see her act again, and move, not just in print or commercials.

I hope this will be streamed on international platforms. 

After the massive success of CLOY, I’m sure the expectations on her are sky-high, so I hope that if she accepts this project, that it will be end up to be a good one. I like the fact that her co-lead will be another female actress, as SYJ has been outspoken in wanting to be in more female-centric projects in the future. 

• Like 2

On 4/18/2021 at 11:16 PM, slowpoked said:

It’s so nice to hear a potential new drama for SYJ! While I liked she had a great rest and recovery after the brutal schedule and filming of CLOY, I’m ready to see her act again, and move, not just in print or

commercials.

Ditto.  Hopefully she'll be feeling refreshed and reenergised after her extended break.  But whatever break she takes between projects, I'm confident she'll keep acting for a long time given her passion for it. 

I hope this will be streamed on international platforms. 

Yes.  Forgot this key point hehe.  So we can contribute to its viewership. :P  I think the impact and reach of CLOY exceeded SYJ and her team's expectations and being on Netflix was key to that, so hopefully there will be access on international platforms for her next projects.  It seems Netflix and other platforms are also investing in content produced locally in SK.

After the massive success of CLOY, I’m sure the expectations on her are sky-high, so I hope that if she accepts this project, that it will be end up to be a good one. I like the fact that her co-lead will be another female actress, as SYJ has been outspoken in wanting to be in more female-centric projects in the future. 

Expectations will be sky high and it'll be hard to please everyone, especially as I think SYJ tries to show us something different in each project.  I think her key consideration for any project will always start with a good script, a good story, a good character, so fingers crossed.  It would be nice to see her in a female-centric story.  Still hoping for a SYJ version of female roadtrip buddy movie some day, and a hard hitting drama on #me too. 

Something In The Rain is airing again in Japan :) (if you live in Japan)

"Pretty Sister Who Buys Me Well," starring Son Ye-jin and Jung Hae-in, will be broadcast on Japanese BS Nihon TV.

"Pretty Sister Who Buys Me Well" is a romance drama that aired on JTBC in 2018 about the love of her younger boyfriend and older girlfriend. Son Ye-jin and Jung Hae-in's natural romance made headlines and topped the list of dramas in the first half of 2018.

Son Ye-jin's popularity seems to have played a role in the Japanese terrestrial satellite broadcasting of "Pretty Sister Who Buys Me Food."

It will air daily at 11:30 a.m. starting May 7th on Nihon TV in Japan.

http://sports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=202104231045003&sec_id=540201&pt=nv