Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

On 7/16/2020 at 3:25 AM, ILSYJSG said:

Which MWGM love scene are you referring to?

It’s their only love scene in the movie. Right after their first date, in her place.

On 7/16/2020 at 3:25 AM, ILSYJSG said:

Did you watch the cut or uncut version of April Snow? In the uncut version, there is a longer love scene where you can see her side boobs and (the top of her) bare side hips

Yes, I saw both versions. You’re referring to the second love scene right, with SYJ’s bare back?

@mulberry9 from the same twitter account, vid of SYJ:

https://mobile.twitter.com/yejinluver/status/1283765276853469184

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

It’s the only love scene in the movie. Right after their first date, in her place.

Yes, I saw both versions. You’re referring to the second love scene right, with SYJ’s bare back?

Seems I've gotta rewatch MWGM. 

Yup, the 2nd love scene.

SYJ looks really really cool tonight (above vid)!!

And she looks genuinely happy to see her fans. Such a nice and sweet lady, with absolutely no airs. Love her! 

28 minutes ago, ILSYJSG said:

SYJ looks really really cool tonight (above vid)!!

And she looks genuinely happy to see her fans. Such a nice and sweet lady, with absolutely no airs. Love her! 

I can’t really tell for sure, because the video is dark and she walked fast, but to me it looks like she’s wearing knee-high boots? Bada$$ indeed!

I loved that she reached out to that fan taking a video of her even though the bodyguard tried to block the fan. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, slowpoked said:

@mulberry9 from the same twitter account, vid of SYJ:

https://mobile.twitter.com/yejinluver/status/1283765276853469184

Thanks for sharing here @slowpoked

Yesterday was a great day for us with all the updates on Yejin :)

Btw still see more fan-accounts posted on naver cafe about yesterday CF filming. Most said that she looks very pretty :)

• Like 2

OSEN | 2020. 07. 18.
Beauty Son Ye Jin drives motorbike, transforms into "supercool big sister"

53FC338F-FD64-42EB-999D-16E2A28F6CCE.jpg

Actress Son Ye Jin unexpectedly revealed to fans a video that recorded her during a filming session.

On the afternoon of July 18, Son Ye Jin posted a video on her personal SNS to update fans on her current situation after nearly 1 month of hiatus.

The released video aroused the curiosity of viewers when showing the image of the actress filming at midnight.

In the video, Son Ye Jin sits on a motorcycle while exuding a girlcrush appeal.

Along with that, Son Ye Jin captioned, "Vroom vroom. What should I do to start the engine?" Below the post, actress Lee Min Jung left a comment, "If you open the throttle, then it will go."  It is known that the two are under the same management company.

On the other hand, Son Ye Jin is actively discussing joining director Andrew Niccol's new film "The Cross", which is scheduled to be filmed in Korea. Set in a divided fictional multi-racial nation, "The Cross" revolves around the story of people living in a poor and a rich country. Actor Lee Sun Gyun is also considering participating in this movie.

OSEN = Reporter Kim Bo Ra / purplish@osen.co.kr
Photo = SNS of Son Ye Jin
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

24 minutes ago, Helena said:

OSEN | 2020. 07. 18.

Actress Son Ye Jin unexpectedly revealed to fans a video that recorded her during a filming session.

i bet this is an endorsement for a telecom company in the Philippines. (I trust this conviction-fingers crossed ,haha) Partner for Hyun Bin’s... same ambiance. Same time. Same theme. Excited to see the whole advertisement! 
Simple. Sm*** ako. :approves:

Edited by Sushimi
Do not quote photos, thanks
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Helena said:

OSEN | 2020. 07. 18.

On the afternoon of July 18, Son Ye Jin posted a video on her personal SNS to update fans on her current situation after nearly 1 month of hiatus.

I’m sooooo excited for this and a fan meet, it’s for a telecom company  (confirmed by an insider). I got giddy when her ig notif update popped out. :highonflowers:

Edited by Sushimi
Do not quote photos, thanks
  • Like 2

Thanks for this thread on SYJ. I've lurked for a few weeks, but decided to sign up. I had never heard of SYJ until this year 2020, although I had been aware of a few of the Kpop groups for the past ten years. Crash Landing on You kept popping up on Netflix. I really don't like drama because I lose interest somewhere in the middle.

Because of the intense lock down where I live, one fateful day I clicked on CLOY, primarily because the interaction between North and South Korea has always interested me. The story was fascinating and I watched an episode every day until the end. My respect for SYJ's acting grew tremendously. She is the reason I was able to make it through. How can anyone express so many emotions so easily through eye and facial expressions?

I went on an SYJ binge and have now watched all 21 movies and 9 dramas (including the cameo in Secret Garden). Besides CLOY I liked The Classic, A Moment to Remember, Shark and Be With You. The copy of Daemang I watched was poor quality with some of the 60 episodes missing.

So, I have one left: Sun-hee & Jin-hee. Anyone know where I might find that with eng subs?

• Like 10
  • Awesome 1

8 hours ago, Teeners said:

By the way, I finally watched Be With You this weekend, and it's as tragic and amazing as everyone says.

I also watched The Art of Seduction. It's quite a screwball, and it's always nice to see her comedic side. I think she had great chemistry with Song Il-Gook. But...I can't say I enjoyed it very much because I couldn't understand her character's motivations.

Be With You was heartbreaking. Especially the part when the son declares how he has promised Mommy to protect Daddy with all the life skills she has taught him (vacuuming, cooking eggs, doing the laundry, shampooing etc).

The Art of Seduction - my favourite scenes were

1) The hospital scene - where SYJ pretended to be comatose before pranking back SIG. Love the part where she has that lollipop in her mouth, swinging her legs nonchalantly, with her blue-black eyes and messy hair, looking all proud. SYJ 1, SIG 0. :lol:

2) The church scene - SYJ's "sounding-cruel-yet-it-makes-sense" prayer and singing of the hymns. HILARIOUS!!!! 

I kept replaying the scenes cos they are so entertaining and you can really see SYJ's naughty and mischievous side. IT IS TOTALLY SYJ!!!

She will do really well in variety shows - she is such a natural prankster. :smirk:

1 hour ago, SonBender said:

I went on an SYJ binge and have now watched all 21 movies and 9 dramas (including the cameo in Secret Garden). Besides CLOY I liked The Classic, A Moment to Remember, Shark and Be With You. 

Happy to hear from another Shark fan. Other than the awful and unsatisfactory ending, I enjoyed Shark too. Too bad that it is generally underrated by most.

Besides the drama's mystery element, the emotions generated by the forbidden love between the 2 leads is so intense!

Though SYJ has chemistry with almost all of her male leads, the sexual tension with HB and KNG is palpable and off the charts.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Teeners said:

But...I can't say I enjoyed it very much because I couldn't understand her character's motivations.

Your not alone, i love the comedic scenes and she was good in it! Just that along the movie, i somewhat lost the plot and could not understand the ending....but nevertheless, this allowed us to see SYJ sexy side- the dance was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.:wub:

6 hours ago, ILSYJSG said:

Happy to hear from another Shark fan. Other than the awful and unsatisfactory ending, I enjoyed Shark too. Too bad that it is generally underrated by most.

I enjoyed Shark as well!! The storyline was so promising! If only the ending didn't ruin it (imo)...Sigh....

6 hours ago, ILSYJSG said:

Though SYJ has chemistry with almost all of her male leads, the sexual tension with HB and KNG is palpable and off the charts.

I sort of like her chemistry with JWS as well!!! Spotlight was also one of the drama where she had quite good chemistry with the ML...GAHH....in conclusion SYJ  has the best chemistry with whatever pairing she is with!! ahaha:twerk2:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SuZy Leoo said:

I sort of like her chemistry with JWS as well!!! Spotlight was also one of the drama where she had quite good chemistry with the ML...GAHH....in conclusion SYJ  has the best chemistry with whatever pairing she is with!! ahaha:twerk2:

Yes! Love SYJ with JWS in AMTR. SYJ looks so young and pretty then, and JWS is sooo hot!

Actually SYJ looks really pretty in Spotlight also, even though her makeup was so light to the point of being bare-faced. 

I love to see her bickering with her assistant (Jin Goo).

AMTR will always be my fav SYJ movie, and

CLOY - my fave SYJ drama.

MITH - my fav SYJ variety show.

In addition, my fav SYJ interview is this:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV12b411t7W5/

Above interview is 78mins long. Watch from 57mins to see how SYJ reacted to her own singing (Alone in Love) - It was hilarious!!!

• Like 5

9 hours ago, ILSYJSG said:

Besides the drama's mystery element, the emotions generated by the forbidden love between the 2 leads is so intense!

The tension+ between SYJ and and KNG was strong to the last episode. SYJ said that she would follow him to hell if she could meet the real Yi Soo again, and she did. I felt that the ending was the only way it could be due to Yi Soo's feeling for sharks at the very beginning and that they could not stop swimming, plus his other statements on the video that SYJ made of him in high school.

I also liked the dark mystery as the truth was gradually revealed. Then there was the tension of how to reveal the truth without destroying the lives of loved ones such as Yi Soo's little sister. I also liked the danger from criminals and the secondary love interests.

SYJ (HaeWoo) never stopped loving her husband, but her insatiable quest for truth forced her to walk down that dangerous path with Yi Soo.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

19 hours ago, Teeners said:

By the way, I finally watched Be With You this weekend, and it's as tragic and amazing as everyone says.

Hide contents

I loved the cameos from Gong Hyo-Jin and Park Seo-Joon. The scenes where SYJ teaches her young son to cook and do housework just break my heart. What a precocious little boy. I wish she had gotten to come back every rainy season instead of just that one year.

I think the son's presentation in school is one of the better improvements of the Korean version over the Japanese version of the movie. I didn't realize until late what the son was doing - he was basically assuring his mom he and his dad will be alright, because she taught him well. Gosh, what an emotional gut punch. For an 8-year old to have that kind of deep understanding and maturity.

BWY is tragic, but for some reason I felt uplifted after the 2nd reunion scene at the train station where everything was put into context. It was tragic, but hopeful at the same time - does that make sense? I mean, unlike in The Last Princess, where it was just tragic all around and I felt sad all the way towards the end. 

BWY is still my favorite movie to date of SYJ - I watched the movie 3x so far, and each time I am finding a small detail that I missed the previous viewing. 

12 hours ago, SonBender said:

Thanks for this thread on SYJ. I've lurked for a few weeks, but decided to sign up. I had never heard of SYJ until this year 2020, although I had been aware of a few of the Kpop groups for the past ten years. Crash Landing on You kept popping up on Netflix. I really don't like drama because I lose interest somewhere in the middle.

Because of the intense lock down where I live, one fateful day I clicked on CLOY, primarily because the interaction between North and South Korea has always interested me. The story was fascinating and I watched an episode every day until the end. My respect for SYJ's acting grew tremendously. She is the reason I was able to make it through. How can anyone express so many emotions so easily through eye and facial expressions?

I went on an SYJ binge and have now watched all 21 movies and 9 dramas (including the cameo in Secret Garden). Besides CLOY I liked The Classic, A Moment to Remember, Shark and Be With You. The copy of Daemang I watched was poor quality with some of the 60 episodes missing.

We have the same journey @SonBender. I never heard of SYJ before until CLOY, and I've never watched a Kdrama before CLOY. After CLOY, I found myself looking and reading more into SYJ and getting to know her and her works, and I binge-watched most of her movies and dramas soon after (the much older ones, I couldn't find unfortunately). It has been an enjoyable ride so far, discovering a great actress in the process, and whom by most accounts, an even better person. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, slowpoked said:

It has been an enjoyable ride so far, discovering a great actress in the process, and whom by most accounts, an even better person.

Totally agree with "discovering a great actress." She makes characters believable and scenes come alive. At least that discovery is a positive for 2020. Although my interest is in her professional work, it seems from the comments of others that she is a kind-hearted person in real life.

• Like 1

Result of ‘Favorite Korean Wave Stars’ survey by Japanese weekly magazine ‘Shukan Asahi’ (週刊朝日

Most Favorite Korean Wave Actor [from July 24, 2020 issue: Actor]
1. Park Seo-joon (Itaewon Class) - 530 votes

Spoiler

531C70BC-5A3D-4B58-9729-D61C7B597BCE.jpg

2. Jang Geun-Suk (You’re Beautiful) - 496 votes

Spoiler

0FF02245-304C-402F-82AD-6E4BE656F744.jpg

3. Hyun Bin (Crash Landing on You) - 479 votes

Spoiler

71FC5094-1CFA-4E21-91B7-DF82FA6FC2E2.jpg

4. Kwon Sang-woo (Stairway to Heaven) - 392 votes

Spoiler