Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Guest cheelam

im not sure if this is an article or not, but it has great comments

thanks to sara2908

Son Ye-jin shines

There were over 1,000 journalists at the April Snow international press conference in Seoul, South Korea, and it was not surprising that the centre of attraction was its megastar Bae Yong-jun. So much so that the emcee had to plead: “Will someone ask Ms Son Ye-jin a question?”

It must have been an awkward moment for Son, who until then seemed contented to just sit back and watch with amusement as co-star Bae had his hands full fielding one question after another.

Aptly enough the first question posed was how she coped under the spotlight working with a star like Bae.

“Everyone from cast and crew had great expectations for the movie and we just wanted to give our best. There was pressure but this was too precious an opportunity for me to pass up,” answered the soft-spoken Son.

Son Ye-jin.

It seems unfair that in a movie headlined by two actors, one should get eclipsed by the other. But when you are paired alongside Bae, you expect to be sidelined. While a lesser actress may have felt threatened, but not Son.

At 23, she is an established actress in her own right despite having only made her acting debut four years ago in the MBC drama Sweet Propose.

In 2002, this Seoul Institute of Arts film graduate picked up the best new actress award at the 22nd Korean Movie Critics Award for her performance in Lover’s Concerto. With April Snow, the buzzword is she is on the rise to stardom.

Always playing the good girl, Son is ready to buck the trend. Although as Seo-young (her character in April Snow) she is still very prim and proper, there is an unmistakable wild streak about her – the way she candidly proposes the idea of an affair to In-su (played by Bae) and boldly taking him as her lover despite the moral conflicts that come with such a decision.

To top it all off, she decided to bare all, well, almost. Viewers will get peeks at her ample bosoms and see her fantastic figure. But Malaysian audiences should be forewarned that they might not see any of these scenes after our Film Censorship Board is through.

When asked about her bed scene, Son pointed out that it is a scene between a married man and woman.

“I felt that they didn’t fall for each other because of lust. So there is this sense that they should not be doing this and we tried to show the emotional conflict that they were going through. It took nine hours to shoot the five-minute scene, but I’m happy we were able to convey In-su and Seo-young’s feelings.”

On what she would do if she found herself in Seo-young’s position, Son said she hopes it will not happen to her.

“It hurt Seo-young so much to love In-su, that’s why I never want to be caught in such a relationship. Before we started filming, I would say I understood their situation about 70%. But now, I think I completely empathise with them. They are ordinary people, not much different from us.”

Love and betrayal

By LI EE KEE

After examining the excitement of love in Christmas in August and the heartache of seeing a love come to an end in One Fine Spring Day, director Hur Jin-ho decided to focus his third directorial effort on extramarital affairs.

“Although two people trust each other, sometimes there is betrayal. How can we understand the anger that arises? Should it be understood? Or should they remain furious and end everything?

Director Hur Jin-ho: "Although two people trust each other, sometimes there is betrayal."

“There are also some who say that when others do it, it is an affair. But when it happens to them, it is romance. If so, what is the difference? These are the questions I wanted to pose in April Snow.”

The result is an interesting piece of work that approaches the oft-told tale of extramarital affairs from a different perspective.

To help bring his movie to life, Hur turned to South Korean superstar Bae Yong-jun and the queen of melodramas Son Ye-jin.

“They worked hard and I think their efforts paid off. To express In-su’s emotions, the role called for subtle and intrinsic acting skills, which Bae handled brilliantly.

“When In-su cries in the movie, In–su and Bae become one and you sense that he is shedding genuine tears.”

He added that Son is really good at expressing emotions.

“When the scene calls for tears, she has the ability to immediately get into character and deliver.

“Son’s character is supposed to be a passive and quiet housewife, but she brought much of her energetic self into the role and created a deeper, well-shaped character.

“I am happy to have worked with such good actors.”

well, i have to wait to maybe december also... even if it comes out after the DVD officially comes, im going to buy both the DVD and go watch the movie.. --i want to experience seeing ye jin in movie theater with lots of other people watching it.. --i want to see thier expressions.

Cheelam, thanx for tat wonderful `en positive piece for Yejin!! Yeah, not all credits should have been endowed to her leadin men... She deservez to go into raptures over da hardworx `en effortz she put in.

I haven't seen AS yet but with all da movie reviewz I peeked so far lay emphasis on Yejin'z great job.

Ma presumption, tis iz goin' to be da start uv Yejin's globalwide career.

... da much awaited recognition to her melodramatic knack juz comin' 'bout!!!

im not sure if this is an article or not, but it has great comments

thanks to sara2908

Son Ye-jin shines

There were over 1,000 journalists at the April Snow international press conference in Seoul, South Korea, and it was not surprising that the centre of attraction was its megastar Bae Yong-jun. So much so that the emcee had to plead: “Will someone ask Ms Son Ye-jin a question?”

It must have been an awkward moment for Son, who until then seemed contented to just sit back and watch with amusement as co-star Bae had his hands full fielding one question after another.

Aptly enough the first question posed was how she coped under the spotlight working with a star like Bae.

“Everyone from cast and crew had great expectations for the movie and we just wanted to give our best. There was pressure but this was too precious an opportunity for me to pass up,” answered the soft-spoken Son.

Son Ye-jin.

It seems unfair that in a movie headlined by two actors, one should get eclipsed by the other. But when you are paired alongside Bae, you expect to be sidelined. While a lesser actress may have felt threatened, but not Son.

“Son’s character is supposed to be a passive and quiet housewife, but she brought much of her energetic self into the role and created a deeper, well-shaped character.

I watched April Snow about 4 times in cinema now. Out of the 4 times, there is one scene that usually stood out because one could hear audience starting to cry and that scene was a solo scene of Ye jin.

Whilst it is a movie about In soo (BYJ's character), I think Ye jin was not overshadowed because of her excellent performance. Some may say I am unable to judge because of my admiration for Ye jin, but I think the most powerful scenes were actually Seo Young's scenes in the movie. I think I am clear headed enough to judge because I don't even like some Ye jin's movies and dramas(e.g., Crazy First love).

Watch the movie yourself and judge for yourself.

The low expectation on Ye jin on the supposedly 'passive' role of Seo young has worked to Ye jin's advantage because many critics found her performance to be shockingly good. So much so that Ye jin has won over the Japanese media and entertainment industry. Invitation to japanese movie project and the latest top position of AMTR in Japan are good indications of that.

Many korean actresses, or for that matter, Hong kong and Taiwanese actresses, have gone before Ye jin and try to impress the Japanese. I think Ye jin has just overtaken many of them. Now that she has gotten their notice, I hope Ye jin will continue to impress the Japanese and us in her future works.

Syjfan, do you think that we need to seek a person who can translate from Korean into English.

The whole world has been crying for such a person for the past 3 years!!!

But where to find?

Now that Louis is posting korean news regularly, it is easy to get korean news but translator is hard to get.

Hopefully when Ye jin gets more fans, a hero will rise from our midst!!!

Don't play play!

TNPaper01_26102005.jpg

TNPaper02_26102005.jpg

In Korea, people alleged that Ye jin appealed to young high hormone male students mainly. I AM NO YOUNG STUDENT!!! I ALSO WANT TO PROTEST. I AM A DIRTY OLD MAN!!!

taugeh = bean sprout....

On a serious note, what do you expect from low intelligence professionals such as journalists? They are good at words but their intelligence is just like anyone you meet on the street.

In the 4 times I have watched April Snow in the cinema, I saw many young ladies watching it too [= age 20 to 25]. The audience were definitely not pre-dominately taugeh-plucking ah sohs. For sure, I didn't see anyone brought taugeh into the cinema. :lol:

More from press event today

Reposted from www.iyejin.com. (Thanks louis)

nsNIS20051026205404328_0.JPG

nsNIS20051026205304323_0.JPG

nsNIS20051026205404332_0.JPG

nsNIS20051026205304322_0.JPG

nsNIS20051026205304320_0.JPG

(Mother-in-laws love daughter-in-law like this. )

nsNIS20051026205204318_0.JPG

nsNIS20051026205204309_0.JPG

Everyday, Ye jin stuns me with her beauty. This has been going on since last August.

job03.jpg

job02.jpg

job02.jpg

Reposted from www.iyejin.com

Guest cheelam

haha. . im exceeding the limit of obsession but..i hopw there will be MANY MANY posters of APril snow here when it starts to come out.. lol im going to go in the theaters and peel one of those humungous posters off the wall and put it in my room.. lol

Very cute interview involving Ye jin, the male lead and Director of 'Acts of Seduction'

Ye jin said she was worried about acting in a comedy but she could not help laughing when she was reading the script (good sign). Then Director said he could not help laughing looking at YE jin acting the scene...he he...(another good sign).

As for the full translation, let's wait for our expert Yellow Roses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1 [采访/奕心翻译/05/10/26]孙艺珍:“能理解希望在男生面前漂亮的心情”

韩翻中 by 不是偶然/奕奕珍心 孙艺珍中文官网

www.sonyejin.org

转载请保留

20051026173239.539.0.jpg

讲述大韩民国恋爱界代表男女爱情故事的电影《搭讪的法则》(导演吴基焕、制作青余南)26日下午在蚕室码头进行了拍摄现场的公开活动。

这天拍摄的内容是以恋爱界的不败神话而自豪的女主角智媛(孙艺珍饰)在与恋爱高手民俊(宋一国饰)一起沿东海岸而下时,发现了他的手法而折转回汉城,乘喜欢自己的地产富人浩燮(朴俊圭饰)的直升机从蚕室码头下来的场面。

这天的拍摄比较重要,也吸引了超过100名记者来到现场,使下午的汉江岸变得喧闹熙攘。在完成2个小时的拍摄后,同一地点举行了主演孙艺珍、宋一国和导演吴基焕一起出席的简单的记者招待会。以下为记者会的问答内容:

-先请各位做自我介绍

▶吴基焕:大家好。我是作品马上就会大卖的导演吴基焕。电影现在已经进行了90%以上的拍摄,预计在1月中旬就会上映。结束电影《礼物》之后一直想拍摄开朗轻快的现代韩国男女的爱情故事,所以和《再见弗郎西斯卡》的申郑九作家一起准备了大约一年半。以后将以畅销导演的身份接受采访,打开门等着大家呢。(笑)

▶孙艺珍:感谢大家来到现场。环境这么恶劣,但大家努力地举着相机拍照的样子很帅,谢谢大家。我扮演的角色叫韩智媛,将献给大家迄今为止我都没有尝试过的愉快的喜剧路线。这将会成为一部有趣的电影,但导演已经太骄傲,我好象不能再那样了。“(笑)

20051026173239.539.1.jpg

▶宋一国:我是扮演民俊的宋一国。在电影里的职业是建筑设计师,是一个百战99胜1误的恋爱高手。

-真的有了喜欢的男人/女人时想怎么样去吸引他呢?

▶孙艺珍:拍我们的电影时学了很多,觉得女人为在男人面前漂亮而努力并不只是件坏事。其实比起“诱惑”来,如果有真正喜欢他的心的话,难道他不会慢慢感觉到吗?

▶吴基焕:我认为男人诱惑的最高级是吸引女人的心。女人和自己在一起时能有多舒服,这就是搭讪的法则。吸引对方心的人才是搭讪的高手。

-关于形象转变是否有不安呢?

▶孙艺珍:我开始读剧本的时候就一边笑一边看。看的时候觉得好象不是我会做的事,如果不是我,由其他的演员来演也会成为一部很有意思的电影。但过一段时间后,也有了如果是我演会是怎么样的想法,可能会成为另一种感觉的喜剧。之前也不是有压力,但的确有不安,因为是一次也没尝试过的角色。但后来觉得,这不是无厘头的喜剧,即使我完全不动,情况本身也很好笑,所以也就安心了。

▶吴基焕:艺珍说看了剧本所以笑,我是看了艺珍所以笑。

▶宋一国:在某个投票中我被选为最正派的男人,所以有了要转变形象的想法。导演一开始很担心,不知道现在有没有少一点。

▶吴基焕:电影刚开始的时候他还有《海神》的影子,现在已经完全成为风流男人了。

-这部电影与之前的角色,哪个与自己更接近?

▶孙艺珍:演员好象是具有各种性格的人,问题只是将其中的哪一面突现出来。我好象本来就有这样喜剧淘气的一面,所以我也不知道怎么就有很鬼的主意冒出来。我想不仅要把情况弄得搞笑,更重要的是要有那感觉吧。(笑)我不知道哪一面更贴近我,好象都有吧。

-吴导演挑战了和《礼物》完全不同的故事,演员与导演工作得怎么样?

▶吴基焕:我想成为优秀的讲故事的人。悲伤的故事也能讲,喜剧、动作片都想尝试。想尝试各个类型的电影,但这次做了喜纭O乱淮卧ぜ苹崤亩髌院笠不崤奈囊掌?br />

▶孙艺珍:吴导演很nice,为演员考虑很多,当然很多导演都为演员着想,但吴导演尤其这样。演员在什么情况下才该拍这个的镜头,他都很清楚。像我就是拍得越多越不好,所以导演的“OK”也给得比较快,真的都很妥当。这部电影是非常现代的喜剧,很贴近现代社会,导演也将我的能力更大地发挥了出来。

▶宋一国:导演真的是位很有福气的人。现场的气氛很容易被左右影响的,但导演将我的能力都发挥了出来。

-在现场有困难的地方吗?可以告诉我们一些花絮吗?

▶宋一国:最近我在现场就最舒服了,变得没有其他想法。

▶吴基焕:现场有的一些小困难好象不重要。虽然只是浪漫轻喜剧,但范围也很广。今天出现直升机,轻型飞机也出场了,艺珍尽其所能跳了很突破性的舞,还有武侠场面。照这样说,所有的镜头都是很辛苦的。出现这么多特殊效果的浪漫轻喜剧这可能是第一部,像张艺谋的《英雄》中一样在水上跑的镜头在韩国电影中也是第一次吧。

-像电影这样去搭讪的话,没有想过会跌倒吗?

▶孙艺珍:民俊没什么钱,但也不顾大雨跑去卖掉自己的东西。来为我准备一些东西。开始的时候智媛也认为我果然是厉害的女人,但仔细想想这个却可以知道真心。可能会因为这点真心而跌倒吧。

▶宋一国:电影里有民俊做饭的镜头,在男人的立场上来说那样就是跌份吧。不知道女人应该怎么做,我太迟钝了。

20051026173239.539.3.jpg

-说范围也很广,那么也以海外市场为目标吗?

▶吴基焕:如果忠实于自己国家的市场,海外输出也就随之而来了。我也不是詹姆士卡麦隆,我希望拍出最贴合这片土地现实的电影。韩流就在眼下,以韩国的现实拍出最新的故事,出口就是自然的事。人们有一些偏见,认为只有林昌正这样的才能拍喜剧电影,我则认为演技好就可以拍好喜剧。只要发挥好的演技就可以自然地出来喜剧效果。

-哪场戏NG最多?

▶吴基焕:NG是导演得得最多。两位演员演得很好,反而因为我的不足而吃了NG,两位基本上没有NG。

-请孙艺珍和宋一国说说对彼此的印象和评价

▶孙艺珍:现在有什么不同吗?我还还是觉得他非常地端正。我们血型都是A,所以是第一次见面时不容易亲近的性格。但是拍这部电影后彼此融洽多了。他拍戏时非常用心,而且很照顾工作人员。“演员在现场是幸福的”这件事很重要,而他更是一位知道怎么享受拍摄工作的人,以后会成为更好的演员的。

▶宋一国:现在变得亲近多了。开始的时候连话也没怎么说。我不太会说话,也不知道该怎么称赞。

▶吴基焕:说什么一国不会说话……我们三个人都是A型,对待彼此都很小心翼翼的,慢慢的才变得亲近。

-请最后问候一下

▶吴基焕:作为导演,说我很骄傲也没有办法,拍这电影觉得有很大的差别。后期好好结束的话,不知道明年初会不会来一场票房台风呢?我将用心地做完后期。

▶孙艺珍:再一次地感谢大家到来。我将更用心地拍摄。我想这是一部能让很多朋友感受到笑容与感动的电影,作为演员,我通过这部电影也扩大了自己的演出幅度,将为大家献上我的另一面。

▶宋一国:我想说的话前面都说了,请大家多多支持《搭讪的法则》。

▶吴基焕:不是吧,你怎么这样(笑)

▶宋一国:我们的电影是所有国民都该看一看的电影,请一定要看。

新闻来源:韩国STARNEWS

http://news.media.daum.ne ... /v10595515.html

haha. . im exceeding the limit of obsession but..i hopw there will be MANY MANY posters of APril snow here when it starts to come out.. lol im going to go in the theaters and peel one of those humungous posters off the wall and put it in my room.. lol

he he...don't worry about it.

Everyday there are so much more to look forward to when one can expect to see beautiful ye jin.

In www.sonyejin.org, I think the top 5 most ardent fans of Ye jin are ladies....and young ladies. Ye jin's natural beauty and talents have universal appeals.

Really looking forward to Arts of Seduction to see a funny and seductive Ye jin....

The male lead of AoS is looking cuter and cuter...

na_1027_003.jpg

The female lead of AoS is looking prettier and prettier.

na_1027_001.jpg

Pictures reposted from www.iyejin.com

Woot....Japanese fan started to post in www.iyejin.com

From Tomomi

I love this great fan site but my PC didn't work well so I got support from Louis-ssi and finally I could!! This site is very good ! The movie " 私の頭の中の消しゴム" " a moment to remember" was just started from last Saturday. Many Yejin fan are writing comments on Japan fan site about this movie. Very good and impressive. and got No1 position now in Japan.

every day Son Yejin mode now!!! (^_^)!

Very happy again!!!

Don't play play!

In Korea, people alleged that Ye jin appealed to young high hormone male students mainly. I AM NO YOUNG STUDENT!!! I ALSO WANT TO PROTEST. I AM A DIRTY OLD MAN!!!

taugeh = bean sprout....

On a serious note, what do you expect from low intelligence professionals such as journalists? They are good at words but their intelligence is just like anyone you meet on the street.

In the 4 times I have watched April Snow in the cinema, I saw many young ladies watching it too [= age 20 to 25]. The audience were definitely not pre-dominately taugeh-plucking ah sohs. For sure, I didn't see anyone brought taugeh into the cinema. :lol:

Oh gosh you cracked me up with that. :lol:

Btw I can't wait for AOS more and more each day. Getting to see Ye Jin in a more light-hearted role is not only refreshing....and hopely her detractors who think she can only act in one-dimensional weepy roles will have to take back their words heh. I do think she has a really good chance in topping the box office, most probably in Japan once again with this new flick hee, and of course would be even better if this movie was well-received in Korea as well.