Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

1 hour ago, cybertron said:

why they are not happy for this?

Well, I’m not surprised. Knets are known to be cruel and they are probably still upset because HB SYJ denied their relationship. In the end, if it’s is a good project (looks like it is!) I think they will accept it. Both actors are known to be fearless with their choices of works. This kind of obstacle won’t affect them.

Besides, if they don’t accept this who knows when the same opportunity comes along, probably in a long long time. They would not want to wait I think.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, VivianWww said:

Well, I’m not surprised. Knets are known to be cruel and they are probably still upset because HB SYJ denied their relationship. In the end, if it’s is a good project (looks like it is!) I think they will accept it. Both actors are known to be fearless with their choices of works. This kind of obstacle won’t affect them.

Besides, if they don’t accept this who knows when the same opportunity comes along, probably in a long long time. They would not want to wait I think.

i thought they also excited just like international fans because they were sad that binjin denied their rumor...

well,i heard previously there’s also many complaint for another couple before the drama start like DO Exo and his heroin..

But at the end,its success and people like this pairing..

you are right,if they decline this, dont know when this opportunity will come again..

and plus,they both want to act together in different genre..

hyun bin also mention he want yejin to be his next  leading lady for his next project.

• Like 2

Yejin not nominated for Baeksang Award?  :o

Last year not nominated because it still airing,i thought she got nominated this year and get to see her with HB at that event..

Btw,its okay.

What important now is i hope both Yejin & HB accept the drama.

• Like 1

Just now, VivianWww said:

I haven’t seen the nomination list. I don’t know Korean, only read from English sources. Do you mind post it here? Thank u!

i forgot which ig...just saw it on explore..

2 actress from sky castle , kim tae ri and iu..for best actress..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cybertron said:

i thought they also excited just like international fans because they were sad that binjin denied their rumor...

well,i heard previously there’s also many complaint for another couple before the drama start like DO Exo and his heroin..

But at the end,its success and people like this pairing..

you are right,if they decline this, dont know when this opportunity will come again..

hyun bin also mention he want yejin to be his next  leading lady for his next project.

I heard from some sources said Knets think HB & SYJ are pretentious and hypocritical to deny their relationship (which they thought was true) in order to participate in the same project like this.

3 minutes ago, cybertron said:

i forgot which ig...just saw it on explore..

2 actress from sky castle , kim tae ri and iu..for best actress..

Just now, VivianWww said:

I heard from some sources said Knets think HB & SYJ are pretentious and hypocritical to deny their relationship (which they thought was true) in order to participate in the same project like this.

I guess I will wait for it to be published in a reliable source. Anw, she can still attend if she is a presenter right?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, VivianWww said:

I guess I will wait for it to be published in a reliable source. Anw, she can still attend if she is a presenter right?

but i think the presenter will be the winner from last year...

Like Baeksang last year,she was presenter because she was the winner for Best Actress at Baeksang 2017 (The Last Princess)..

But i still hope she will be the presenter for Best Actor in drama category and HB will win :wub:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VivianWww said:

I guess I will wait for it to be published in a reliable source.

55th Baeksang Art Awards 2019 Nominees

Best Actor

Best Actress

Source: (1)

I also don't think Son Ye Jin will attend the awards. She was there last year because she was the winner before that. Last year she did not win anything at Baeksang. With all the noise created after she attended Baeksang Awards with Jung Hae In, I hope she will not attend this year's award ceremony with HB. I prefer their relationship in private. But I want them in a drama together. They are professional so I hope they won't get affected by negative comments.

• Thanks 2

On 4/3/2019 at 7:53 AM, thi2018 said:

It seems international fan are very happy of this news but sk fan are not. There are so many negative comments about it. I still hope they will make this come true. I have been waiting for this couple's drama forever. If they deny this time, it would be a long time for them to reunite. 

I'm sad and angry to read that there are many negative comments about the potential pairing of SYJ & HB in a drama. I really hope such negative feedbacks would not affect drastically in their decision whether to accept the project or not. I'm suspecting that such feedbacks were written by ardent shippers who root for HB w/ another actress and SYJ w/ another actor. I say "suspecting" only as I can't unfortunately read Korean comments & google translate is kinda very limited.

I've been a longtime silent fan of both these actors' great works. I may have been silently following their individual career paths but it doesn't mean that my support is any less than those who have been very active in fan forums. I've always tried to keep a respectable distance from prying too much in their private lives. I mean, yes, I wish also that they're happy in their personal lives (esp that SYJ and HB are such decent and beautiful people and in the right age), but I never dwelt too much before w/ whom they were romantically linked with (in this case more of HB who has had 2-3 public relationships in the past). But this was until their SYJ/HB supermarket expose. That's when I jumped wholeheartedly in supporting their pairing. Why? It's because it's clear that they both have a real bond, not contrived or put on for the sake of work. Plus, judging from their statements, they both have a deep and mutual respect for each other's talents and works. HB and SYJ are very serious w/ their acting craft and the statement of HB admiring how talented SYJ was acting-wise is huge. He's a man of few words & I don't think it's in his personality to make empty flowery praises. They've both been very vocal in saying that the reason why they accepted the Negotiation movie is because the other was considering it. I have always been wondered why both of them had only this project  together after so many years btw. 

Edited by firstaid
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, VivianWww said:

My two cents... I feel it's totally unfair for these judgmental people to think that HB & SYJ are "pretentious" and "hypocritical" in denying that they were dating, and that now they would be involved in an upcoming project. What if it was really true that they were not dating or romantically involve when those sightings and pictures were taken. And besides all of us who've been in romantic relationships know that there's a stage when the official labels of whether we are "dating" officially is not yet clear. Most especially if both of you started first as good friends. It's hard when you're younger but much harder when you're older as you have a lot of things to consider. Plus it takes a lot of courage and bravery to take that leap and confess or admit that, yes, let's not just be friends anymore. Whether there's a romantic intention or not on HB's or SYJ's part, we should just give them space to figure it out. For all we know, they could be in that stage yet. Besides, during their Negotiation promos several months ago, HB and SYJ have been very vocal in wanting to do a melo or romcom project w/ the other.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, cybertron said:

That's what I fear too. That if they don't push through w/ this project, either one will not accept or both will decline, due to knets ambivalent and negative feedback, there might not be another opportunity again. Honestly, during/after their Negotiation movie, I was so looking forward to seeing them in a melo or romantic project as I was really happy to hear them both say that they too were left "wanting" w/ how limited their acting scenes were. But when their romantic rumors exploded in the media, I was resigning myself to the reality that they might avoid anymore in being in any way linked to the other as I know how extremely private SYJ have been w/ her lovelife. I think this might be her first NOT unfounded rumor in her entire career as this time there were really sightings/witnesses and pics while in Kim Nam Gil's it was so unfounded as there were no pics and only hearsays. And likewise w/ HB. He might have been in 2-3 public relationships but I can't ever recall if there were pics of him during his dates w/ his past public gfs. That's why when I read the news yesterday that there were concrete offers to the both of them and that both of them have been "reviewing" the project. I was at first really happily surprised that they both individually still kept an open mind to participate and not outrightly reject the offer. Their "thirst" to act and be in one project must have been so great that they were willing to undergo such potential deluge of prying from the public and media about their relationship. I was over the moon and really excited w/ the news yesterday and now I have to prepare myself to be disappointed after I read the negative reactions. I had to make an account here to post my POVs and not be a silent lurker anymore.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I know the chance SYJ go to Baeksang this year is very small but I can’t help dreaming about seeing them walking the red carpet together, hand in hand haha. I guess I just have to wait patiently. I think it will happen in the future though *wink*.

I also think Knets are unfair to judge them but we all know they are always like that. 

But I also think they are currently together, they just prefer to keep it private to protect each other. 

Now I’m praying for their collaboration to happen so I can see them together once again. 

Btw, I used to be a silent lurker too but not any more. In fact, I have created some accounts in Korean major English news sites to vocal my support to our couple during this time. 

Anyone who is Korean or know Korean please leave supportive comments in Korean sites. It will help to fight back those negative, hateful ones. Thank you very much!

Edited by VivianWww
  • Like 3

Not only knetz,some international fans also bash both of them on yejin and vast’s ig..

but im glad most international fans excited to see this pairing...

those not happy with this pairing mostly the shipper for another pairing..

btw,i hope HB will be invited to mermaidlhj wedding on 7th April..

Im sure Yejin will attend..

• Like 4

I don’t follow Gong Yoo so not sure about this.

There are plenty of rumoured couples also collab in drama/movie. Ye Jin and Kim Nam Gil is one case. She had a rumour with him while filming Shark but still collab with him

in Pirates.

I think it’s rarer for confirmed couple or husband and wife to collab in S.K though.

• Like 2

ok question..

since tvn and both agencies confirmed BinJin reviewing the offer,isnt that means both already accepted the offer?? 

because the tv channel dare to reveal about this..

someone comment normally if news like this,means its confirmed.

They just said not confirm because want to see the reaction from netizen.

• Like 2

If the news said they are reviewing the offers that means it is not confirmed yet. 

If they said “positively review” there is a high chance they will take the roles.

In this case, I think we will have to wait for further news.

I personally think they will accept it for various reasons.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

One article mentioned the filming for this new drama will begin in August. Would it be too close to the Pirates movie's filming. Does Son Ye Jin have enough time to complete the Pirates before starting this drama? I'm trying not to be negative about this but could it be PR to get attention just like what they did to Spring Night? I hope not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But is Pirates really confirmed??

As i remember only article about LKS mention that both KnG and Yejin will be the lead.

But no confirmation from their agency.

Hope she accept both and Pirates can start earlier.

Normally how long it takes to filming a movie?

And since the article mention about the writer travel back and fourth to US,will they filming this drama in US too?

• Like 1