Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

|News|  2018•12•04 British Film Director - Mike Figgis - mentioned Actress Son Ye Jin and her recent drama 'Something in the Rain'

'Leaving Las Vagas' director to make Korean Language Film

By Park Jin-hai
English film director Mike Figgis, best known for his 1995 film “Leaving Las Vegas,” is making a Korean-language film in Seoul. 

The 70-year-old director and screenwriter, who was born in North West England and spent much of his childhood in Kenya, says
he is a big fan of Korean dramas and films. “After Netflix was introduced in the U.K., it became much easier to access Korean films and especially TV dramas. The more I watched them, the more I became interested in Korean culture, and in their different approach to storytelling,” he said during an interview with The Korea Times, Tuesday.

Adding that he particularly
likes Korean dramas' portrayal of female characters and the way to weave social issues including family problems and sex crimes in its storytelling, Figgis counted “Something in the Rain,” starring Son Ye-jin, and “Secret Affair,” starring Kim Hee-ae, as the ones that impressed him the most deeply

His new film is a thriller about a woman who escapes from a psychopath who abducted her. Suffering from trauma, she loses her memory. But memories associated with the past come flooding back 10 years later. The film revolves around a powerful female character and will have a unique format exploring the disturbingly permeable boundaries between dream and reality as well as past, present and future, according to the director. 

Translation of his script into Korean has been completed and Figgis has been contacting local production and casting companies, aiming to begin shooting his film next year. 

The film, with an all-Korean cast, will be the first Korean-language film directed by a Hollywood director. 

“Korean films are dramatically complex, and they are willing to tackle dark themes in a serious way. But more than anything, it's the quality of the acting in Korea that really impresses me,” he said. “If you are a musician, then it would be natural to want to go to New Orleans and collaborate with other talented musicians. If you are a film director, then of course you want to come to Korea to work with these actors.”

Figgis made his feature film debut with “Stormy Monday” in 1988. Since his first American film “Internal Affairs,” which helped to revive the career of Richard Gere, the director has worked with many Hollywood actors. With his most acclaimed film “Leaving Las Vegas,” lead actor Nicolas Cage earned a Golden Globe Award and an Academy Award for best actor. His other films include “One Night Stand” (1997), “The Loss of Sexual Innocence” (1999) and “Cold Creek Manor” (2003).

Source (1)

***Hopefully he will choose actress Son Ye-jin to be the female lead in his new Korean film***

• Like 2

8 hours ago, fchopin said:

|Ratings|   Master in the House Ep. 46 Broadcast on December 2nd

Ep. Broadcast Date TNmS Ratings AGB Ratings
Part 1 Part 2 Part 1 Part 2
41 October 21, 2018 6.9% 9.0% 8.0% 9.6%
42 October 28, 2018 NR 8.2% 6.0% 9.3%
43 November 11, 2018 7.4% 9.6% 7.3% 8.6%
44 November 18, 2018 7.7% 10.6% 7.1% 10.2%
45 November 25, 2018 9.2% 11.4% 8.3% 11.6%
46 December 2, 2018 8.7% 10.9% 8.7% 12.1%

Source (1)

dont know how they calculate the rating..

but i guest ye jin’s episode is the highest right?

on ig they said peak rating 16.6%..

many people said ye jin’s episode was the funniest ...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, cybertron said:

dont know how they calculate the rating..

but i guest ye jin’s episode is the highest right?

on ig they said peak rating 16.6%..

many people said ye jin’s episode was the funniest ...

I'm not sure how they rate these neither. I think it is based on the number of households in Seoul metropolitan area that tuned in every minute. IG was correct, the show was peaked at 16.6% in the second half. This episode, according to Nielsen Korea rating system, ranked first compared with other shows in the same time zone. I cannot wait until next show to see how competitive Yejin is when it comes to playing games :)

• Like 2

|Movie Reviews|  2003 The Classic

The Classic (2003) remains one of the all time favorite films over all languages. Here is the most recent reviews.  There is still no news about the re-release date of the bluray discs. Hopefully soon.

• Like 1

‘Master in the House’ Ep. 47 New Stills

"If you drink this, we will date"...who will be Son Yejin's choice? :)

SBS "Master in the House" Ep. 47 Sunday December 9, 2018 @ 6:25pm KST

30000618919.jpg

|Instagram|  2018•12•07 Son Ye Jin Updated Personal IG

The weather is too cold. :scream:

Please dress warmly. :heart:

~Son Ye-Jin~

Exercise with Son Ye Jin

• Thanks 1

|News  2018•12•09 Son Ye Jin Describes Her Passion for Acting and Thoughts on Portraying Older Characters in Her 20s

Son Ye Jin Describes Her Passion For Acting And Thoughts On Portraying Older Characters In Her 20s

Son Yejin spoke about her career and past works on SBS's "Master in the House." On December 9, the cast enjoyed a barbecue dinner with the actress. Son Yejin said " I filmed about 30 films. There are times when I just want to rest. So I think to myself,  'When this project ends, I'm going to rest no matter what.' But I end up looking at scripts again."

She continued,  "I feel like I shouldn't let this one pass me by. I think I have a lot of passion and ambitions. That's how 20 years passed by."

Lee Seung Gi said, "Didn't you receive the Best Lead Actress Award at the Blue Dragon Awards for the 2008 file 'My Wife Got Married?' Weren't you young at the time?" Son Yejin replied, "I was 27 years old."

Lee Seung Gi continued, "It probably wasn't an easy decision to play the role of a married woman as a 27-year-old actress. Son Yejin responded, "When I was 24 years old, I played the role of a woman who had affair in 'April Snow.'  At 25, I played the role of a divorcee in' Alone in Love.'

Son-Ye-Jin-.jpg

When BOB's Yook Sungae commented, "That  must've been a really big challenge," she said, " Now that I look back at it, I didn't think that was a huge challenge.  I don't think I had any fears about how to portray something I was unfamiliar with."

Expressing his admiration for the actress,  Lee Sang Yoon added, "In my most recent drama  ["About Time"], there was a scene where I parodied a scene from 'My Wife Got Married.'"

Source (1)

|News|  2018•12•09 BTOB's Yook Sangjae and Lee Seung Gi Play Hilarious Game of Charades With Son Ye Jin

6b768d0fc5e749dfac4babe30fddf30c.jpeg?s=

On the latest episode of “Master in the House,” the cast had a blast with actress Son Ye Jin!

During the December 9 broadcast of the SBS variety show, the “Master in the House” members and Son Ye Jin ate dinner and played games together. One of the games they played was charades, and the members took turns acting out and guessing movie titles.

Lee Seung Gi and BTOB’s Yook Sungjae both hilariously struggled to act out the various titles. Yook Sungjae showed off his dance moves in an attempt to express “La La Land,” but no one was able to guess the correct answer. When Son Ye Jin eventually asked him to act out each word at a time, the idol pretended to play a scale on a piano, and the members said each note out loud until they got to “la” and finally figured out the answer.

Son Ye Jin then acted out her film “The Art of Seduction” by pretending to seduce the members, and she began blushing out of embarrassment. Meanwhile, for “Snowpiercer,” Lee Seung Gi made train sounds and pretended to be cold.

Yook Sungjae tried to use contrasting facial expressions to hint at the film “Calmi Cuori Appassionati” (“Between Calm and Passion”), but ultimately failed. On the other hand, the members were able to immediately guess “Attack the Gas Station” thanks to Son Ye Jin’s straightforward hints of driving and putting gas in a car.

Lee Seung Gi then pretended to make a successful escape to express “The Shawshank Redemption.” Meanwhile, Yook Sungjae was tasked with acting out the anime film “Let Me Eat Your Pancreas.” After hinting that it was an international film and had nine syllables in its title, he pretended to take out his pancreas and eat it, and Son Ye Jin amazed everyone by guessing the correct answer with lightning speed.

Next up was “Ju-on: The Grudge,” and Lee Seung Gi used his whole body to try and act out the horror film. However, he eventually ended up breaking the rule of not speaking due to his overwhelming passion, first exclaiming, “So scary! So scary!” and later reminding Yook Sungjae, “It’s a foreign film!”

Yook Sungjae brought the laughs with his hilarious clues for “The Wailing.” He acted out some memorable scenes from the movie, and after much effort, Lee Seung Gi finally shouted out the correct answer.

Lee Seung Gi then attempted to express “My Tutor Friend,” but he confused the members by choosing random scenes to act out. Yook Sungjae and Son Ye Jin asked in frustration, “What is this supposed to be?” Once again, Lee Seung Gi broke the rule of not talking, earning a few warnings from Yang Se Hyung.

Finally, Son Ye Jin drew the South Korean flag with her finger and pretended to wave a flag around to hint at the film “Taegukgi: The Brotherhood of War,” and the members quickly guessed the correct title.

Source (1)

Yook-Sungjae-3.jpg

BTOB’s Yook Sungjae has big plans for 2019!

During the December 9 broadcast of SBS’s “Master in the House,” the cast members set goals and promises for themselves at the suggestion of guestSon Ye Jin.

Yook Sungjae revealed, “There’s something I’ve promised to myself that I am determined to do next year.”

He began to read a letter addressed to himself, sharing, “To Yook Sungjae. Next year, let’s challenge yourself to release the solo album you’ve wanted to. Also, let’s take on the challenge of performing a congratulatory stage with that solo album when Son Ye Jin [wins at] a award ceremony. Sungjae, let’s work hard next year as well.”
Affirming that this wasn’t just a goal for him, but a promise, the idol explained, “Because I’ve done group activities for eight years, I still feel a sense of dread first whenever I have to go on variety shows, act, or sing by myself. Because I’ve been with my members more often than not. I think that overcoming that sense of dread will be a big challenge for me.”

Source (1)

• Thanks 1

|Ratings|  Ep. 47 Master in the House Broadcast on December 9

47 December 9, 2018 8.7% 10.3% 8.8% 10.5%

Ep .47 ranked first among those showing in the same time zone. The scene had the best rating per minute ~14.2%~ was when Son Yejin promised to come back to the show "Master in the House" next year.

Source (1) (2)

Son Ye Jin and other casts from "Master in the House" ep.47 replayed the legendary soju scene from "A moment to Remember" movie

Who will she pick?

47577218_138375127152696_994811749712527

Lee Sang-yoon

47682421_138374570486085_111154852273114

Isn't Lee Sang-yoon really something? :D

Lee Seung-gi

47579864_138374633819412_811820055271571

Yang Se-hyun

48046382_138374700486072_663234016693977

48081346_138374760486066_328331639685906

48382059_138374817152727_849201248586222

Yook Sung-jae "The Winner"

48314191_138374470486095_313467456236132

48208597_138374530486089_570037391200564

• Like 1

@cybertron Son Yejin rarely appears on variety shows, but when she does, it's very lovely to see her true self on these shows. The AMTR soju scene was so famous that they asked her to replay it many times on variety shows. It was also in 'Infinite Challenge' in 2014 season 4 episode 384. This show was also very entertaining. 

384 June 21, 2014 Cheerleading Squad #3 - World Cup Begins Jung Il-wooSon Ye-jinBaroLizzyJi Sang-ryeolKim Je-dongKim Bum-sooLee Guk-jooJohn Park

3 hours ago, fchopin said:

@cybertron Son Yejin rarely appears on variety shows, but when she does, it's very lovely to see her true self on these shows. The AMTR soju scene was so famous that they asked her to replay it many times on variety shows. It was also in 'Infinite Challenge' in 2014 season 4 episode 384. This show was also very entertaining. 

384 June 21, 2014 Cheerleading Squad #3 - World Cup Begins Jung Il-wooSon Ye-jinBaroLizzyJi Sang-ryeolKim Je-dongKim Bum-sooLee Guk-jooJohn Park

ive watched one clip on youtube they replay that scene but i dont know what variety show...theres Haha and Jae Suk too...

(i only know these two because of running man)

you are the one that posted mamamoo performance at Blue Dragon Award right..

the one the member flirt with JWS using this soju line..

after i watched that clip,i become mamamoo’s fans:sweat_smile:

• Like 1