Computer Keeps Restarting

Guest Jaded Heart

Guest Jaded Heart

I don't know what is wrong witj my computer. Every once ina while...it would automatically restart on its own without any warning signs! It just goes pitch black and the next thing you know, its restarting! Recently, it's been doing it a lot. Every day it would happen at least once a day otu of nowhere. Can anyone help me?

Guest yunax21

OMG! me too....... i think it's a virus or something since it's happening to you too :tears::( arghzzzzz!!! it pisses me off... one time, it happened like 4 times that day i got so mad... today it only happened once.. but i don't want it to happen again... >.< does ANYONE know how to fix it or what's wrong????

Are you using BT when it's happening? And if so... is it Bitcomet you're using? Cuz if that's the case... then yeah, I get it too. Bitcomet is just buggy like that. I still use it regardless but if you don't want to put up with it, switch to a different BT client. If that's not the case then nv....

Guest yunax21

^ Bitcomet..? is that a bittorent type of thing?? hm well whatever it is.. nope i'm not using it =/ i use clubbox for my downloads.

Guest nevets1219

Scan for virus / adware / spyware / etc.

You can also look into what's being loaded at startup but when you scan it should do it for you if you don't know how to check manually. If it's not a software issue, then it's a hardware issue. I've had a friend with that before and it was virus and I had a similar problem and it was hardware so check your software part first.

If BitComet does that, I would suspect something to be wrong on the HD or memory since it really has no reason to reboot you.

My brother's computer keeps restarting too! It's been doing that for a while. :( I think it may have something to do with a memory leak, overheating, or something... It usually happens when the computer "overloads" because of too many pictures or loading a video, etc.

Guest system

^ Definitely sounds like the CPU is overheating.

Time for a better cooling/ventilation system.

Or simply, move the PC to a different location.

I've seen a lot of people who just like to put the PC shoved at a corner with no room to breathe.

Guest ally.

This happens whenever I exit/close Gunbound. It only started today, but I don't know why. <_< I scanned my computer, but it detected no virus or whatsoever. I have no clue what to do & it;s annoying. -__-.

Archived