2PM being scouted by top Japanese companies

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FDTxtianshix

Why is it that every article about a Korean boyband debuting in Japan MUST feature the phrase of "the next TVXQ"

Buddy, there is no next TVXQ.

TVXQ IS TVXQ. They are one of a kind and legendary (breaking all those Oricon records).

Either way, I don't know if 2PM will make it in Japan. I don't think they're really fit for J-pop. They dance dance their pants off but singing wise, 2PM doesn't really cut it. Not hating, just speaking the truth.

2PM has their own name so they shouldn't even be referred to as "2nd _______".

After watching them at the KMF 2010 on Saturday, May 1, it won't surprise me if they get as big as when DBSK were at their heights. 2PM fans screamed as loud as when DBSK performed last at the Hollywood Bowl in 2008 - and they did perform well.

Guest lychee_ice

LOL no. maybe if 2AM's talents and 2PM's talents merged together + a few more years of expeirence, THEN they might, i say might have a chance to raise to DBSK's level.

simply because DBSK is a well rounded group, and 2PM is not. Number of fans they have now doesn't really make a big difference, because fans will leave sooner or later leave a group if the group has no talent. one day of later, hottests will get sick of seeing 2PM ripping up their t-shirts and flipping here and there for every performance.

but anyways, GL to 2PM :D

Guest JustUNuSUal

Don't think so, TVXQ isn't replaceable

Look at all those Oricon records, the live performances and concert ticket sales..

Guest LuIIaby

Uh, next TVXQ?

Again? When are people going to stop putting new kr groups as the next TVXQ?

There is only one.

Come on, let's just wait a few years and see if they can reach the level. No use quarrelling about it now.

Guest heretoc

I reckon in a way they can break into the market with their own style. There's no need to be the 2nd DBSK, nor can they be the "2nd DBSK" imo. Both groups have totally different style and charisma.

Guest pepsi_twist9

I love 2PM and they do have great skills, but they can no way be the next DBSK.

No offence, but the skills just aren't there. DBSK is an acapella group, they have some of the ebst voices in the business, 2PM, not everyone can sing well.

They're good, but they aren't that good.

Guest _escape.reality*

i love 2pm and all ,

but nothing can replace DBSK .

and they can never be the 2nd DBSK either .

shouldve named some other group.

Guest stellar_star

They can go to japan and try to promote themselves there, hopefully gain popularity, but no comparision can ever be made about them being the "2nd DBSK"

I'm DBSK-biased; to me the level between 2PM and DBSK is just too huge. They are two different groups with different talents and concepts and it just annoys me that DBSK is being dragged into this.

Not to mention DBSK has alot more experience in Japan, which is why their fame is so skyrocketted. Common, 2PM is still recovering in Korea and their fan-base is ALOT smaller than DBSK's.

They can go to japan and try to promote themselves there, hopefully gain popularity, but no comparison can ever be made about them being the "2nd DBSK"

I'm DBSK-biased; to me the level between 2PM and DBSK is just too huge. They are two different groups with different talents and concepts and it just annoys me that DBSK is being dragged into this.

Not to mention DBSK has alot more experience in Japan, which is why their fame is so skyrocketted. Common, 2PM is still recovering in Korea and their fan-base is A LOT smaller than DBSK's.

^ my thoughts exactly... is there even a point of comparison here??? TVXQ is TVXQ. c'mon...vocals, discipline, talent, and skills, these all spells DBSK. as for 2PM, ok, yeah... let's say they've got a long way to go...like a really long way.

just hope all the "body advertising" the latter group is doing now will pay off in Japan :P .

but hey, nobody said they can't try but...uhm... good luck?!...peace!

They mean DBSK in terms of popularity. DBSK isn't sacred, nor do you have to have good voices/talent in order to become popular in Japan.

EXILE isn't comprised of skinny boys, and they're much more popular than THSK ever was. 2pm has the "yankee" image that Japan's idol world has already had for a LONG time.

Have you heard the vast majority of Japan's idols? Not exactly vocal talents.

Oh em gee, the author of this article dared to compare 2pm to the "rising gods of the east" that was DBSK. Get over it. Where was all this outrage when SS501 would release their singles on the SAME date as DBSK or Big Bang was marketing themselves as the next DBSK? Heaven knows they're not physically attractive to most Japanese women or as good at singing as DBSK.

Thank you so much!!!

I almost fell out laughing at the whole "No one in Japan has that image"

give me a break, Japan specializes in the urban image so stop the madness.

^ :lol::rolleyes:

Vocally, they are no where near DBSK. And it wasn't like DBSK came to Japan and got famous only for their looks. Their fan base grew throughout the years and I'm pretty sure their voices had something to do with it, not just their appearances. But whatever, good luck 2PM.

14xo35y.gif

The DBSK wanking is killing me

people act like they are the Boyz II Men of Asia.

I don't even like 2pm but DBSK are not gods, don't even play the "It's not just their looks" card.

Archived