2PM being scouted by top Japanese companies

Guest countingelectricsheep

I don't think they'll be as successful as DBSK unfortunately. I do like 2PM's music more, though...and their looks. They got some goodlooking dudes. Also labelling them as the next DBSK is just asking for trouble. All them crazy pinkberryes they have for fans will be on the attack. LOL!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna try to keep my DBSK fangirlism out of this. XD

I think 2PM is pretty good and I definitely think they could go pretty far in the Japanese market. I just don't understand why Korean artists always want to branch out into the Japanese market.I mean, I understand their music is better known and there's a lot more of it, but K-pop has a certain something to it that J-pop doesn't. That's why I listen to mostly K-pop. And, to me, when Korean artists go into the Japanese market they lose that something.

But, anyways. I wish them all the luck in the world.

Bad idea for the writer of the article to label them as the second DBSK, though...

Guest kmicrooge

I doubt they'd make it big in Japan. They workout more than they train. They are just there for looks. Most of their music sucks...I don't understand why people put up listening to the crap they put out. Only 2/6 can sing and 2/6 can ACTUALLY dance, not just be choreographed. Their not very inventive or versatile music wise. Taecyeon's so-called rapping is getting annoying as hell. He just growls, and people call that rapping... My opinion delete Taec, Khun, and Chansung and you have a decent group. Although the remaining three still need to work on vocals.

Guest kandi

^but those guys are the most popular ones.

I'm gonna try to keep my DBSK fangirlism out of this. XD

I think 2PM is pretty good and I definitely think they could go pretty far in the Japanese market. I just don't understand why Korean artists always want to branch out into the Japanese market.I mean, I understand their music is better known and there's a lot more of it, but K-pop has a certain something to it that J-pop doesn't. That's why I listen to mostly K-pop. And, to me, when Korean artists go into the Japanese market they lose that something.

But, anyways. I wish them all the luck in the world.

Bad idea for the writer of the article to label them as the second DBSK, though...

money , money . money !

i agree, the writer shouldn't have used dbsk's name. bitter fangirls will go off about how 2pm isn't good enough.

(haha im gonna keep my dbsk fangirlism out of it too).

Guest lisa_hh

funny funny funny..

i think the first mistake the writer made is to dubbed 2pm into becoming the 2nd DBSK..

i mean, who wants to be 2nd DBSK????

as u can see from my sign. and all i'm a 2pm biased..

i'm actually on the fence abt this but, if the execs thinks they are ready to go for Japanese Market, then go for it..

it's not our decision though & plssss no bashing 2pm or DBSK here..

it's kinda funny how u guys critic them as though they did not learn anything at all..

to compare 2pm & DBSK is a wrong move from the start so pls, just stop it..

we all know DBSK is better cuz they are sunbae(they are like what? 6/7 years in this industry?) to 2pm (duhhh~) ofcoz they are better..

love&respect~

Guest BeeQueen

2PM's main appeal in Korea is their 'beastlyness'/muscles, however Japan loves skinny boys. Considering their bodies are their main asset and that won't be benefitting them much in Japan, what else can they offer? It sure as hell isn't their vocal talents.

Guest blueberries8213

obviously.... NOT.

DBSG simply has more talent than 2PM.

Well, you can call this "biased" or "opinionated" but if you compare any of them to DBSG a few years ago, then I'm pretty sure DBSG would win. I mean, sure, they're supposedly "beastly" idols, but...... is that all they're going to be? I mean, I kind of want some talent - whether it be in vocals, dancing, or other stuff.

I was kind of excited when I saw 2PM debut - they weren't the regular pretty boys and all, but..... MANLY :P

but then..... it just became... old/normal. Like, ripping shirts, showing off their bodies, I mean seriously - is that talent?

But then again, maybe they will make it in Japan. Who knows.

Good luck to them if they do try.

- I'd rather not argue about this (in case someone read my post and became extremely mad and started bashing me) on this page, since it's not supposed to be a "warzone". So if you really, absolutely have to go against me, then just send me a message.

Guest colloquy
2PM's main appeal in Korea is their 'beastlyness'/muscles, however Japan loves skinny boys. Considering their bodies are their main asset and that won't be benefitting them much in Japan, what else can they offer? It sure as hell isn't their vocal talents.

EXILE isn't comprised of skinny boys, and they're much more popular than THSK ever was. 2pm has the "yankee" image that Japan's idol world has already had for a LONG time.

Have you heard the vast majority of Japan's idols? Not exactly vocal talents.

Oh em gee, the author of this article dared to compare 2pm to the "rising gods of the east" that was DBSK. Get over it. Where was all this outrage when SS501 would release their singles on the SAME date as DBSK or Big Bang was marketing themselves as the next DBSK? Heaven knows they're not physically attractive to most Japanese women or as good at singing as DBSK.

Guest ketchup?

^ :lol::rolleyes:

Vocally, they are no where near DBSK. And it wasn't like DBSK came to Japan and got famous only for their looks. Their fan base grew throughout the years and I'm pretty sure their voices had something to do with it, not just their appearances. But whatever, good luck 2PM.

Guest Qi Luo

I like 2PM, but right now as 6PM they focus way more on their looks and abs than on their music and dancing skills. And they're super handsome, way more handsome than all japanese idol groups together, but japanese women prefer the flower boys like Jaejoong or the skinny boys. So if they try to promote themselves only because of their looks they probably won't be very sucessful. It would be the same thing as debuting Arashi or KAT-TUN in USA, do you think american women would like those skinny flower boys? No offence.

DBSK was able to be sucessful because besides promoting their good-looks they promoted their vocal skills by promoting themselves as a younger and better looking version of the Gospellers.

If 2PM/6PM wants to be sucessful in Japan they should instead of focus their performances on their shirt ripping and showing their abs, they should focus on having high quality live performances as they used to have on the 1rst and 2nd single album days where they used to have cool, high skilled and charismatic choreographies and they performed them flawlessly on stage while singing pretty good on live performances.

They mean DBSK in terms of popularity. DBSK isn't sacred, nor do you have to have good voices/talent in order to become popular in Japan.

^Yeah!

DBSK's fans please stop throwing rocks at 2PM!

Both groups have completely diferent styles and it makes no sense comparing them in term of style and talent.

The article was comparing them just in term of popularity.

I just don't understand why Korean artists always want to branch out into the Japanese market.I mean, I understand their music is better known and there's a lot more of it, but K-pop has a certain something to it that J-pop doesn't. That's why I listen to mostly K-pop. And, to me, when Korean artists go into the Japanese market they lose that something.

Korean artists want to go to Japan because they have the 2nd biggest musical market in the world after USA. And even if you're not top artist/group in Japan, low sales there are still way bigger than the big salles in Korea. korean musical market is very small... Last years top selling album sold around 150 000 copies, while in Japan the top selling record was more than 3 times bigger than that.

Oh em gee, the author of this article dared to compare 2pm to the "rising gods of the east" that was DBSK. Get over it. Where was all this outrage when Big Bang was marketing themselves as the next DBSK? Heaven knows they're not physically attractive to most Japanese women or as good at singing as DBSK.

Big Bang never were promoted as the next DBSK in Japan. It was the korean media that made articles just like this one (about 2PM) on this thread when Big bang started promoting in Japan.

Comparing DBSK and Big Bang also makes no sense at all because they're both different styles. Big Bang debuted as a pop+hip-hop group, they have 2 good rappers and 3 good singers (Taeyang is the main vocals of the group, but he is also able to rap well if necessary); DBSK debuted as an a capella group (although there's been a while since they sung a capella), they have 4 good singers and 1 average singer and no good rapper.

Rapping with a good flow and speed requires as much talent as singing in tune and reaching high notes. A good rapper is just as talented as a good singer.

So it's makes no sense to compare DBSK and Big Bang. They're both equally talented group because all of their members HAVE more than average talent on their area (singing or rapping). Unlike most of the other idol groups, DBSK and Big Bang doesn't have a very huge difference between the skills of one member to the other and they're very balanced in terms of skills. Besides that, both are able to perform their style of music perfectly.

Guest crazy lulu

the dudes don't have vocal talent for that.. save junho and junsu. their music is SOOOO unappealing to my ears now, it's insane. their first mini was the best.

Guest kiwi84

among all the current boy band....really...no one is up to par with DBSK....(they r real GOOD~)....

if 2PM is really goin' to Japan....Korea will be missing another boy band......aish~

Guest colloquy
Big Bang never were promoted as the next DBSK in Japan. It was the korean media that made articles just like this one (about 2PM) on this thread when Big bang started promoting in Japan.

Yes, they were marketed as 'the next DBSK' in Japan by Universal. All the Big East members on Japanese forums were complaining about it, which had nothing to do with the Korean media, but I saw little discussion in the international community about it.

Guest riehae

hope it's not being exagerrated or anything...

i mean their image have been kind of stucked right now...

with just ripping shirts and showing skin..

Archived