Do glasses make eyes smaller?

Guest happipplrock

Guest happipplrock

I've been wearing glasses for a good year now and before wearing them my eyes were some what big. Now when I take them off it seems like my eyes have become smaller and more awkward looking.

so is it true?

Guest Kirei_BoA

i think it depends on the lense. I know this girl who wears these glasses that makes her eyes HUGE (like funny huge) but when she takes her glasses they're not that size at all. Everyone's different, but usually the eye size (appearance I mean) is usually the same.

Guest buenogee

if you have a really high prescription your eyes over time will start buldging out .. thats what my mom said.

Guest joy!

If you are far-sighted, the appearance of your eyes behind eyeglasses would seem bigger. I guess over time you just got used to seeing larger eyes. Near-sightedness, however, doesn't seem to have much effect on how big or small eyes look behind eyeglasses.

Guest XJP

actually my friend wears glasses & she's been wearing them for years

her eyes look huge. but it might include the fact she's hispanic, lol

Guest crescendoll

uh my eyes haven't changed at all. i've been wearing glasses for over 10 years and my prescription is very strong.

Guest cystaltears

my eyes look a lot smaller with glasses on..... and when i take them off my eyes appear bigger!

Guest lovesicles

they can't make your real eyes smaller..

but if you're near sighted, and you need glasses to see things far away,

andddd your eyes are fairly bad, your glasses will make your eyes look smaller!

happens to me.

hate it.

Guest xindi

I always thought it depended on prescription! I'm nearsighted so my eyes look smaller with glasses on :'(

but once I tried on my friend's reading glasses and they really magnified these chinkers haha :P

Guest Figmints

If you're nearsighted, your eyes will look smaller. If you're far-sighted your eyes will look bigger. The stronger your prescription, the larger the effect. The effect will be stronger too if you put your glasses farther away from your face, try it out :).

Guest RTliesy

yep~!

because when you take of your glasses your eyes kinda squeeze themselves (note, the eyelids not the eyes themselves :S), cause when you do that you see a bit better... you can easily see the differnece when you put a contact lens in one eye (ofcourse one that works :P) that eye is the original size again beacuase it sees sharp.. while the other is still trying to see sharp by making itself very small =__=

and then ofcourse when you have -eyes your eyes will look smaller with the glasses on too.. >____<

so i say hooray for contacts!! XD

lol look i made an example! XD

tinyeyes.png

first is with glasses (duh! =_=) second without anything, third is with contact lenses

now not everyone might see the difference.. but if it were yourself you would! XD

my eyes look so tiny with glasses on! ö ~~ my eyes are -6 ^^ lol i see my morning face could use some makeup XD

Guest BLOO♥

my eyes seem smaller when i'm not wearing my glasses, but maybe thats cause i cant see and im squinting,haha! In yr7 i had this teacher, she's like practically blind and her glasses made her eyes MASSIVE! kinda like a goldfish :I it was creepy.

Guest Kuria

I'm short sighted.. My eyes look smaller ¬_¬ I hate it.

So maybe long sighted people have lenses that makes their eyes look bigger... I dunno

But my teacher's eyes are humongous when he wears his glassses xD It looks funny.

Archived