Type of Hair Straightening

Guest susiecee

Guest susiecee

Suggestions
I am planning to get my hair straightened within this month.

But there are two types of straightening styles that I know of :

1. Magic Straight

2. Straight Perm

From my understanding, Magic Straight usually gives straighter

results as compared to Straight Perms.

I want straight hair (I have curly/wavy asian hair; thick!), but

I am not looking for something that is PIN straight hair like this:

123.jpg

abut instead would prefer something wiht volume around the hair that surrounds my face.

I was also wondering, if they straighten it a certain way will it be hard

for me to change the directions I want my hair to flow in?

Like if I get a middle parting like this:

autumn_2.jpg

and suddenly want to get bangs like this for example:

hyori9za.jpg

will I be able to get bangs that cover my forehead without parting them parting in the middle??

Also, I live in the Los Angeles area so I am planning to get it done

in Koreatown (I would assume that they have more experiences as

oppose to Chinatown) where would you recommend that I can get

these done for a reasonable price.

Please list price and their locations

(if possible)

Guest jenniful92

will I be able to get bangs that cover my forehead without parting them parting in the middle??

^ are you asking if you can change the parting side?

I change mine once every few months cuz it's supposed to be healthier that way but just take a comb and separate ur hair and blowdry it :D

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

it will be HARD to get side bangs afterwards. b/c your hair is chemically straightened and hard to just make it go sideways you know? plus my friend had magic straight done and yea.... i cut her bangs for her and lemme tell ya it does not work lmao.

however there IS a bang perm nowadays in krn salons... you could try that.

also it costs about... $200ish? it'll take 4 hrs at the salon. have fun

also its hard to control the volume. it WILL be very very straight and not much volume.

Guest c a t h e r s

could someone pleeeeeeeeeeeease answer this question for me :)

what exactly is a straight perm? how long does it last? does it make your hair really straight and shiny like magic straight? thank uuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest MaryMagdalin

uhm well

i had a straight perm

and while for the first week it was ilke stick to my head straight

it got better

and if you don`t blow dry it

it kind of sticks out a little.

so yea.

i did mine in taiwan for 90$ usd tho

the lady liked me :3

Guest dream_on

if you don't want pin straight hair, i say go for the straight perm. the magic will look just like BoA's in that picture. but you should know that the straight perm lasts only for about 3 months and it doesn't straighten as well, especially for think wavy hair. the magic lasts for at least 6. i got a magic perm about a year ago and it's still kind of straight (not wavy like it naturally is) but it has more volume now.

and yes, it will be hard to change the direction your hair will go after you get a perm.

could someone pleeeeeeeeeeeease answer this question for me

what exactly is a straight perm? how long does it last? does it make your hair really straight and shiny like magic straight? thank uuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a straight perm is like a magic perm expect they don't use as many chemicals (?) so it doesn't straighten as much as the magic. a straight perm lasts for about 3 months while the magic lasts for 6 or more. honestly, i think the results between the straight and magic are a lot different. straight = just straight. magic = shiny, silky but stick straight.

if you have fine thin hair though, i think you should opt for the straight over the magic. cause your hair might not be able to take the damage.

Guest stradivarius

i think u could get a soft rebonding.

and you'll get your hair like hyori.

my friend does that. and it looked like natural straight hair.

Guest joongie;love

I got Magic Straight when i was 13. Im 15 now :)

My magic straight used creams.

Straight Perm doesn't last as long i think ?

Dont worry, your hair will gain volume if you give it time.

Guest cornxflakes

I have fine thin hair, and a lot of it, but I have like no volume, which one should I get? sorry, I don't know much about this.. I want it straight, and lasting long, but I really don't want to damage my hair that much.

I've tried using straight shampoo and conditioner, and the cream, but that didn't really work out!

Guest MOONA

magic straight also makes your hair less frizzy and keeps it soft

straight perm is kinda poofy after a while.

i dont know. i got my hair magic straight and i can part it to the side...

Guest c a t h e r s

a straight perm is like a magic perm expect they don't use as many chemicals (?) so it doesn't straighten as much as the magic. a straight perm lasts for about 3 months while the magic lasts for 6 or more. honestly, i think the results between the straight and magic are a lot different. straight = just straight. magic = shiny, silky but stick straight.

if you have fine thin hair though, i think you should opt for the straight over the magic. cause your hair might not be able to take the damage.

ooooooh i see. its cuz when i want back to vancouver i did magic straight which cost me $100ish~ and i REALLY want to get it done again, it lasted like 8 months. except here (norcal....bay area) im trying to look for places and it seems like everywhere it's like......over 200. AHHHHH :wacko:

Guest dream_on

ooooooh i see. its cuz when i want back to vancouver i did magic straight which cost me $100ish~ and i REALLY want to get it done again, it lasted like 8 months. except here (norcal....bay area) im trying to look for places and it seems like everywhere it's like......over 200. AHHHHH :wacko:

oh i know, it's so expensive! i heard it's only $50 in Korea. >_< i gone mine done for $150 but even that was with a discount cause i knew the person.

Guest c a t h e r s

^ well the lady trimmed my hair and then did it. i dont really think it damaged it much....it looks very very healthy =P except now i use the straightener everyday so my hair is looking........-_-

Guest SimplySweet

i think u could get a soft rebonding.

Can I ask what "soft rebonding" is? And how is it different from a straight perm or magic straight? :huh:

Guest bite meeh

idk what soft rebonding is, but i know when my friend in korea got magic done, the lady did it "weak" w/e that means.. so it wasn't pin straight, but more naturally straight looking.

Guest t0kki

The straight perm didn't work for my hair (I have really thick hair) and lasted a few days. Magic perm worked great and lasted up to an year and a few months but my hair was very straight. You could always buy a hair straightening iron to style your hair so it's not pin straight too. Magic perm actually fried some parts of my hair after I got it (there were these bubbles in the strands of my hair) so I cut them off and when it faded it left my hair feeling brittle. I dunno, straight perm is a waste of money because it doesn't last long and magic perm is something you'd have to keep getting every year to keep your hair nice ;\

Guest dream_on

I have fine thin hair, and a lot of it, but I have like no volume, which one should I get? sorry, I don't know much about this.. I want it straight, and lasting long, but I really don't want to damage my hair that much.

I've tried using straight shampoo and conditioner, and the cream, but that didn't really work out!

i think you should get the straight perm. magic perm takes a lot out of your hair and it's made mainly for people with thick, coarse hair. you might want to ask the person who does your hair about it first but they will probably suggest you get straight over magic.

For those of you guys who have gotten magic done previously, does it damage your hair a lot? And afterwards do you have to use hair essences and stuff? >_< I want to get it done but I'm afraid that it'll damage a lot.
what is your hair type? my hair was really thick and wavy and although it didn't get too damaged, i could see that if someone with thin hair got it, it might have. i didn't use any other products besides my normal shampoo + conditioner. but the hairdresser suggested revisting for a "deep conditioning" treatment to some people about a week after the magic perm. i actually didn't get that cause i didn't think it was necessary and my hair was fine without it.

Guest l33mimi

straight perm is really really flat so i guess u don't want that.

Magic Straight is is also really flat but only for the first week or 2, then it becomes more natural

Archived