Vegetarians and Vegans

prechuz_azn

What do you think about them?

Anyone Vegetarian or Vegan? Share your expierences..

Well after reading this really disturbing pamphlet supporting vegans and exhiling the production of slaughtering animals for food I've been wondering whats it like for all you normal vegetarians.

I myself am taking a dare to go vegetarian for 31 days. I find it rather difficult and see myself dishing out junkfood to surpress the urge to eat meat.

How do you vegetarians do it o_O

It seems really boring to just eat veggies,fruits,nuts,eggs and milk everyday,no?

But you know I cant help but feel so....

healthy

although I digest faster than I normally do o_O

I think Im losing weight due to this diet...

Guest krnkitty25

i've been vegetarian for a year now. after a while you get used to not eating meat. i'm thinking about going back this summer just for the heck of it..btw it really feels that you've accomplished something big when you're a vegetarian :) as for vegan, i don't understand how the hell you do it......o ya i also lost some weight when i became a vege too. you'll find yourself eating alot of bread..... <_<

Guest inamorata.<3

Actually, being a vegetarian doesn't mean you'll lose weight. With the proper diets, you can even gain weight. I was a vegetarian for a year or so, but I started eating meat again since my family basically forced me to. I became a vegetarian when I went on a Buddhist retreat at this monastery in San Diego. They showed us this video about the cruelties of animals and it was really sad and disturbing. When you know the reason why for being a vegetarian, that's where you get the motivation from.

Guest BECKIEEE

Last summer I worked at a vegetarian restaurant and I tried going vegetarian for the summer...I went through it for almost a couple of months but I realized I love seafood and chicken too much >.<

At first I thought food was going to be really mundane as a vegetarian but you won't believe the delicious things the chefs do with tofu! Plus, I've always loved veggies and never ate much red meat anyway. Also they have veggie meats and they taste like the real thing (texture-wise also). The only down side is that vegetarian cuisine costs a bit more than regular food, but most of our vegetarian and vegan customers cook at home.

As for hardcore vegans, wow I don't know how they do it...no eggs or products that contain eggs, no peanuts (I don't remember why), no dairy products or anything containing dairy, no soup or food made with beef stock or chicken broth, honey, etc...

I'm thinking of trying again to go back to vegetarianism, permanently since now I have a better knowledge of nutrition and food.

Guest chibifry

I am not a vegetarian or a vegan but I really think I can easily become one. I don't eat meat often, maybe once a month? Twice a month? My favorite food is tofu so I dont feel like I'm missing anything.

You dont really lose weight being a vegetarian lol its the same thing as not being a vegetarian.. you just don't eat meat, thats all. I think its good to eat meat once in awhile though because meat has lots of protein! Sure, tofu does too but a lot of people dont like the taste of tofu because they say its bland (its totally not!!).

Guest foxxx

My friend's a vegetarian and she's gained weight lol. She says she tried going back to meat and it tasted really nasty to her.

As for me, I'm constantly surrounded by friends who are either vegetarians or can't have meat due to their religion so I eventually got used to not eating meat around them. I'm nearly a vegetarian now and it's not that bad. I feel healthier and I'm addicted to tofu lol

Guest ShinAoshi

I guess I don't think about the meat since I'm thinking about other stuff lol :P

But yeah theres heaps of delicious food and theres even vegetarian meat which is kinda weird lol.

Guest tuttyfruit

just because someone is vegetarian it doesnt mean that he/she will lose weight... sometimes vegetarians can gain weight because of too much carbohydrates.... well thats what i heard.

Guest donchajane

i was a vegetarian for 2.5 years....but not a strick one, i allowed myself to have dairy products like milk and eggs and seafood (its really really important to have meat in your diet). and yes i loss alot of weight, er rather all my fat--seriously. my meals were usually veggies and rice. broccoli and rice; spinach and rice; okra and rice; mongu beans and rice; asparagous and rice; zucchini and rice; eggplant and rice...... you get the idea. gotta have rice with my meals.

btw, i'm not vegetarian anymore.... it was necessary to add beef back into my diet. seafood/fish just doesnt provide enough protein or other vital nutrients that beef has that fish doesnt.

Guest WhiteMorningStar

I was a vegetarian for a couple of years, tried going vegan for a several months and since a two months ago, I'm a pescatarian.

There are so many dishes you can create out of vegetables/fruits/bread/rice/etc... vegetarian diet is not boring at all.

I tried eating meat again several times for personal reasons and meat just doesn't taste good anymore. I hate the texture and the taste of it in my mouth so I just don't eat it. Also, my stomach is alot happier on a pescatarian diet :)

Guest EMPIRE

i was a vegetarian for a year and i lost weight, ahhh...how happy i was

but i gained it all back when i stopped because i was getting sick too ofter (lack of amino something, i guess?) <_< , so yeah but being a vegetarian wasn't too hard because imo being asian there are so many different types of vegetarian foods that are so yummy! i still eat vegetarian food :D

Guest Steph*

Vegetarians imo are weird. Vegans are just stupid imo.

You need protein =-=; and what exactly is the point of being vegetarian...being healthy? Or not killing animals?

That was never clear to me.

Guest suspendedinbliss

In regards to Steph*'s reply:

Protein is available to vegetarians/vegans in foods. It's completely healthy. I've talked to my doctor about it.

Being vegetarian is usually for health reaons, and veganism is more for animal rights activists. Although many vegetarians are also vegetarian for animal rights.

I've been vegetarian for a little over a year. I lost about 15-20 pounds within the first month. And the foods taste good and it's fun to try different dishes. And it was mostly for animal rights, but it's also just made me feel better about myself. And it's so so easy. There are so many alternatives so it doesn't just become some boring diet.

Guest kyandi

Contrary to popular belief, protein is naturally abundant. By becoming vegetarian, you shouldn't have a problem getting your protein. People have different reasons for being vegetarian, some for health, some for ethics.

Guest murrkoh*

vegans are a nono for me.

my art teacher has been a vegan since collage, and she looks like CRAP.

she's quite young, but she looks freakin old...her skins so wrinkly and god...i'd pay her to eat meat-related products because she looks so scraggly.

c'mon now ya'll...

Guest --after forever

i've tried the "no red meat" diet...

i almost like died ><"

a part of me will always want to "convert" to vegetarianism XD but i'm too piggy..

Guest tokyollvogue

my friend was a vegetarian all of last year, and she's mentioned that she's gained weight.

i find that unless you've done serious research ...being a vegan is all that healthy. i visited Bard College where vegan is a way of life out there...their skin looks really discolored cause lack of specific nutrients.

Archived