[drama 2010] I Am Legend 나는 전설이다

Guest Q_Park

Guest kara_elayne

Thank you so much for the summaries, Kyu! Now this is really getting interesting, I can't wait for the subs to be out. I still want to see the videos even if I already know what's going to happen next.

My fave scene so far from Episodes 1-2 is when Ji Wook came over to Seol Hee's place and threw pictures of her all over the place, and then when she walked away, he was kind of looking at her with her very very short shorts, hahaha! In your face. It's like Seol Hee's saying to him, "This is what you are losing, jerk!"

I saw a pic with Ji Wook and Seung Hye watching something like an audition of Seol Hee?

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Crystal392

kara_elayne: I also loved that scene!

I guess I wasn't much into the guy with the beard ( I still haven't learned his name.. sorry -.-) because I haven't seen much about him. But after episode 3 I am starting to like him. I still want the husband to change and fall in love with Seolhee again and them to reconcile... :P

I am really enjoying 'I Am Legend' more than I thought I would.

Can't wait to watch episode 4 ^_^

Thanks Q_Parkfor the summaries ^^

Does anyone know the title of the song that Seol Hee sang at the end of episode 4? Thanks.

Thanks so much Q_Park for all the summaries :D

It's a famous Russian song, "Million roses".

Cut scene from the ending of Ep. 4

Full Korean version, performed by singers Jang Ki-ha and Sim Su-bong

Guest kara_elayne

i just finished watching ep3 and really loving it so far. KJE rocks! i love her rock star outfits more than the elegant wife ones, hahah...

Love love love her outfits too! I wonder if it was the rebel-like image of her that got her hubby to like her before, quite the opposite of the women in his family yah? But I love that strapless black and white gown she wore when Ji Wook was made a partner in that law firm.

kara_elayne: I also loved that scene!

I guess I wasn't much into the guy with the beard ( I still haven't learned his name.. sorry -.-) because I haven't seen much about him. But after episode 3 I am starting to like him. I still want the husband to change and fall in love with Seolhee again and them to reconcile... :P

I am really enjoying 'I Am Legend' more than I thought I would.

Can't wait to watch episode 4 ^_^

His name is Tae Hyun (I cheated! blush.gifblush.gif I go over to the first post and checked his name, haha! I am still confused with the names myself.), and he was kinda Seol Hee's first love or something, yah? At this stage I dunno if I would like him for Seol Hee or not, since somehow I am still rooting for the hubby, yeah even if he is a jerky snobby hubby. Would like them to reconcile too, but only after Seol Hee would put him through hell to get back to her again. Hahaha!

Somehow Viikii is not working for me tonight. Gah. <_< <_<

Guest cimechang

I definitely DO NOT want her to get back with her husband. He neither deserves her nor wants to be married to her so why should she go back to him? He said it himself that the only mistake he has ever made was marrying her, and that he never intended to carry out their relationship as far as marriage. He and his family broke her down mentally, physically and emotionally. Why would anyone advocate someone going back to that?!!! I'm sorry but it's time for her to move on with life and actually begin to live it and exist as a human being. I love the confidence and charisma she currently spews as the new Seol Hee minus overbearing family and hypocritical, backstabbing, cheating, selfish, snotball, pinkberry, the list goes on, etc., husband.

ROCK ON AJUMMA! B)

Guest tru32urluv

So I was a little confused on one part of the drama. Ah Reum the girl that they just kind of recruited and plays the guitar with them. I know she's the baby's mom, but is her boyfriend the guy that was in the band that all the boys were? Or is he a totally different person? LOL. I think he's that same guy, but I didn't know for sure.

But yeah this drama is getting intense now! I want SeolHee to be able to divorce her husband so bad. Its like dude come on let the girl go. I was so frustrated that her friends didn't catch her husband and that one lady cheating. That would have been the perfect proof ugh lol.

Guest blackjackVip

Just wanna say that i always loooove Seol hee's outfits!

whether it be for band practice/performances or when she was on the mansion! i really like it!

it's always sooo stylish and classy... :D

anyways, i'm loving this drama so far...

just waiting for ep. 4 to be fully subbed! hehe :)

P.S for some reason, i want to see her husband beg for her to comeback... :ph34r:

I LOVE this show and all the assorted adjummas and the hot male lead.

And also, can't believe people want the husband to get back with her...he is a total w*nker with a capital W! It may not be physical but it is mental/emotional abuse by him and his wretched family.

Yes I want him to get jealous as she re-discovers herself but I want her to kick him to the curb and not look back. You had it good buster but you lost it.

Guest zzola1003

thank you thank you Q .. you are an angle :)

it really helps while watching the unsubs ... even so, still can't wait for the subs edition to be out really soonnnnnn.

what I like about this drama is because it's different, they already throw at you the climax i.e the divorce right earlier on when other drama that happens at the end. The anticipation about how the husband will change is very exciting and how that will make the love plot btween SH and TH even more tense. Wow .. loving it, the only thing I find it too familiar here is why on earth the husband of the female lawyer (can't really catch her name though hheehe, sorry) must be TH. ;)

loving FA Jaa !!! Her scenes are everthing but dull ... :D

thanks everyone :)

Guest miniejungle

i just checked viikii... the subs for ep 4 is still not done properly yet... grrrr... why why why it's so slow????? :(

and kara: actually her elegant clothes are beautiful too... but somehow i like it more when she dons on rock outfits!!! totally befitting for this show!

Article from dramabeans: congrats, I AM LEGEND!!!!

I Am Legend shows signs of being a hit

by javabeans

legend_64.jpg

SBS’s I Am Legend is in its second week, and signs look good for a healthy run. This Monday-Tuesday 9pm timeslot has yielded mixed results since it launched four series ago, starting strong but gradually slipping in the ratings. I Am Legend looks poised to breathe some life back into it.

The drama began with a modest 12%, and this week recorded a 14.9% for its fourth episode. But more noteworthy is the drama’s real-time viewership ratings; the last scene of the hour even surpassed 20%. I won’t spoil the scene for you since recaps are forthcoming (thanks, kaedejun!), but suffice to say that it’s when Kim Jung-eun‘s character Seol-hee gets going in earnest with the band, and the scene features an impassioned performance.

I was pleased with the first two episodes, which I found to be well-acted and briskly paced. The drama does feature some cliched relationship setups, but that aside, it has potential to be a feel-good, fun ride.

A refresher on this timeslot business: The 9pm drama slot was created back when Queen Seon-deok (MBC) was crushing its competition and SBS saw one drama after another die a painful death opposite it. With the highly anticipated Angel’s Temptation coming up, they made the decision to swap the 9pm news hour with the drama instead, to give it a fighting chance. It paid off, and Temptation went on to break the 20% ratings threshold.

When that drama finished, SBS decided that instead of keeping the news and drama hour switched, they’d just add another drama hour. Wish Upon a Star followed and was a hit, with ratings in the upper teens. Oh My Lady had a harder time keeping viewers (it was cute, but there wasn’t much drama to the drama) with ratings hovering around 10% to 12%. Most recently, Coffee House ended with a disappointing 8.4%.

Via OSEN

Guest Kamakshi

Woo-hoo! Just finished watching ep 3 and I'm glad that I'm on-board w/this drama. I like the pacing and the acting is just superb so far. I'm pretty impressed with Lee Jun Hyuk's singing abilities b/c his song in ep 3 transformed me into a rabid fangirl :w00t: . Gotta admit that the songs in this drama are catchy. Let's hope that the ratings remain strong, despite the tough competition! Can't wait for ep 4! Errrm...however, my lil complaint about Seol Hee is that why can't she hire a private investigator to take pics of her husband's infidelity? I mean, I hope she will be well prepared for her divorce court hearing, so that she can kick her arrogant husband's butt!

Guest mizweng

Since the beginning, I'm a bit curious with this drama...the plot seemed pretty interesting to me... Frankly. I couldn't careless if KSA becomes the lead or not but after watching ep1 and 2 I honestly feel that KJE is better suited to this role because I couldn't see KSA to be a meek and docile daughter in law for 10 years!!!  But KJE pulled it off...

Officially I declare....I LOVE SOL HEE!!! Her outfits are pretty amazing!!! She looks gorgeous in them... I am an ajumma who likes to wear short shorts too...bwahahaha :lol: She simply glows when she sings and when she acts tough like a gangster...whoaaaaa she takes my breath away....

I am excited with this drama because of her... and not with the romantic side  but like the rest, I couldn't help wanting to see the day when the  arrogant hubby realizes how much he still cares for SH and be rejected upfront.... :P

Guest kara_elayne

I definitely DO NOT want her to get back with her husband. He neither deserves her nor wants to be married to her so why should she go back to him? He said it himself that the only mistake he has ever made was marrying her, and that he never intended to carry out their relationship as far as marriage. He and his family broke her down mentally, physically and emotionally. Why would anyone advocate someone going back to that?!!! I'm sorry but it's time for her to move on with life and actually begin to live it and exist as a human being. I love the confidence and charisma she currently spews as the new Seol Hee minus overbearing family and hypocritical, backstabbing, cheating, selfish, snotball, pinkberry, the list goes on, etc., husband.ROCK ON AJUMMA! B)

I LOVE this show and all the assorted adjummas and the hot male lead.And also, can't believe people want the husband to get back with her...he is a total w*nker with a capital W! It may not be physical but it is mental/emotional abuse by him and his wretched family.Yes I want him to get jealous as she re-discovers herself but I want her to kick him to the curb and not look back. You had it good buster but you lost it.

Seol Hee said that her hubby liked her before, so there must be something romantic going on between the two of them in their early years of relationship, and considering that she was labeled as a "black sheep" kind of girl, I don't think she would allow anyone to look down to her the way her hubby is doing to her now. I was thinking, maybe they were really in love and then somewhere along the way, the mother-in-law brainwashed his son that he should have never married someone not in level with their social status or something like that. I guess that is the mystery here, why did the hubby turned sour on her, and if he was like that in the first place, why she would allow herself to get married to him for a period of time (how long were they married anyway?) before deciding to get a divorce?

I was saying, that if ever they would get back together, I want her to put her hubby to hell first and make him beg of her to take him back. ;) ;)

That's just my take on the matter as of the moment, it could change as the story progresses.

Guest Crystal392

kara_elayne: You are my brainmate! (hahaha like soulmate but brains xD) I think the same!! I also think he really liked her at the beginning but probably the mom brainwashed him and Seolhee lost her true self (which is emerging again). I want the husband to change and them to reconcile... I know it may seem crazy to a lot of people but people CAN change and they deserve a second chance, that's if Seolhee still loves him. If she has already moved on... well... then he lost her.

After watching episode 4 I am really starting to dislike the female lawyer and loving Tae Hyun. I wanted to strangle Ji Wook soo bad at the end of the episode! I was so sad that there wasn't a preview to next episode. I want to know what happens.

Btw, about the driver... do you think the husband paid him to say that or threaten him at the court? I think the driver wanted to help her but then the female lawyer said that he had signed a contract saying he wouldn't talk about the family personal matters and to really think what he was going to say if he didn't want them to file a lawsuit against him (against the driver). Then the driver lied. =/

Guest Q_Park

Btw, about the driver... do you think the husband paid him to say that or threaten him at the court? I think the driver wanted to help her but then the female lawyer said that he had signed a contract saying he wouldn't talk about the family personal matters and to really think what he was going to say if he didn't want them to file a lawsuit against him (against the driver). Then the driver lied. =/

Sorry to cut your post but I also think that the husband bribed the driver because during the court meeting, I think I saw the driver looking at Ji-wook. Also when Seol-hee was asking the driver questions, Ji-wook was kind of looking at the driver with a very unpleasant look. I'm not really sure what happened towards the end but I think the driver lied about getting bribed. I think he said that if he agreed to being Seol-hee's witness then she would reward him with something. At that, Seol-hee's disbelieving face turned to Ji-wook and he looked pretty smug with leads me to believe that the driver was bribed/threatened. 

- Kyu

Guest kara_elayne

kara_elayne: You are my brainmate! (hahaha like soulmate but brains xD) I think the same!! I also think he really liked her at the beginning but probably the mom brainwashed him and Seolhee lost her true self (which is emerging again). I want the husband to change and them to reconcile... I know it may seem crazy to a lot of people but people CAN change and they deserve a second chance, that's if Seolhee still loves him. If she has already moved on... well... then he lost her.

After watching episode 4 I am really starting to dislike the female lawyer and loving Tae Hyun. I wanted to strangle Ji Wook soo bad at the end of the episode! I was so sad that there wasn't a preview to next episode. I want to know what happens.

...and I see you are a Boice too! ;) Brainmate, I like that, hehehe! Same line of thought here, if Seol Hee has already moved on and doesn't want to go back to her hubby, then I will surely be waving a "LOSER" sign for him. I just want to know what they were like during their first years together, maybe a flashback would help somewhere along the series? :D Coz I really find them cute together on the law firm party where Ji Wook was giving a speech and Seol Hee was standing next to him, looking all proud at him. Too bad it was just a show though.

Haven't seen episodes 3-4 yet, but ever since I saw Seung Hye (female lawyer) in that law firm party, I already dislike her, most especially at the divorce court where she was handling a case and when Ji Wook entered, she gave him that knowing look, aaargggh! I hate the smugness in her face! I wonder now what Tae Hyun (guy with mustache - I have to do this so I can match the faces and the names!) has seen in her, he seems to be a nice and warm guy, well to his son, that is.

Will contribute more later after seeing the last 2 episodes.

Guest RSmith021985

And also, can't believe people want the husband to get back with her...he is a total w*nker with a capital W! It may not be physical but it is mental/emotional abuse by him and his wretched family.

I agree too, I hate the husband, why would you want him back. The guy wasn't even there for her and wanted to destroy her dreams and her relationship with her friends. Even the mother and son didn't seemed to care for her sis-n-law.

I'm all for the other husband with the kid, haha.

Overall, great episode and great music from there on this one. It was hilarious when the girls were following the husband.

IMO, Seol-hee is ill-prepared to fight her husband in court. She doesn't have any credible witness or evidence to back up her claims of ill-treatment. She is so stupid to ask the family driver to testify for her knowing full well what Ji-wook is capable of. The driver doesn't have to be bribed because he works for Ji-wook's family. Ji-wook or his mother need only wag their finger and the driver will crumble. He should testify for Seoul-hee only if he's prepared to lose his job and get out of the Ji-wook's household.

Guest cimechang

@ kara_elayne: Honestly, I DO NOT think he loves her or ever loved her. I think he loved the concept of her. I think she loved him, or loved him enough to withstand the torments of being his wife. I think she still loves him because she was willing to sign the divorce agreement. Seol Hee didn't mind throwing away her own dreams to finally just be able to divorce him, even if that meant she was to act like she didn't exist. She just wanted out of the marriage, and to be free from him, and wanted him to be free of her. The only reason why she decided not to sign the agreement in the end was because he made the selfish move to ruin not only her dream but also the dream of her friends. Like I said, Seol Hee doesn't mind taking the abuse but she does mind when the abuse spills over and affects the people she cares about. So, "maybe they were really in love", well, if you're watching the same drama I am, they may have been in love but they are certainly NOT anymore. The ONLY reason why he wants to hold on to her is for his own political ambitions, not because his mother brainwashed him, not because somewhere deep down inside he still loves her. The reason why he liked her but then became cold? In his mind, you can't turn a Ho into a Housewife. He always tells her that she's beneath him. Why did he turn sour? Because she (of course in his mind it's all her fault) made the mistake of getting pregnant. He didn't want to have kids with her, he didn't want their relationship to even go as far as marriage, he even calls their marriage a MISTAKE. If he truly loved her he would just let her go, but he doesn't because he cares too much about his reputation. Advocating for her to go back to him is like saying it's okay for a woman who is being abused to go back to her abusive husband since at one point he did love her. Well, he may of loved her at one point, but that point ended when he began to abuse her whether it be physically, mentally, or emotionally. C'mon now, obviously the husband is the antagonist here in this drama and the other guy with the kid is the protagonist. You can keep dreaming but I highly doubt she'll go back to her psycho husband. Sorry.

@ RSmith021985: You are my brainmate, I agree with what you're saying 100% :)

@ monalisa: I agree, SH is very ill-equipped to go head on with her husband in court, but what can a gal do when her husband is a very prominent powerful lawyer who has hired another powerful prominent lawyer to be his own lawyer and you've been left in the dark?!!! I hope she finds a good lawyer soon, or she all of a sudden becomes very knowledgeable about the Korean law system, preferably about divorce cases ;) Good luck to her AJAJA FIGHTING!!!

---------

On a side note, I think the lawyer girl is stupid if she decides to get with Seol Hee's husband. Does she really think that family will accept her son or even her if they find out she is a divorcee? Then again, she seems like the type to be willing to throw away her own son and hide her past in order to have the life she wants.

Archived