What do you eat to keep yourself concentrated to the fullest?

NPB-XK

Something that would keep your brain working very well, at its best
I don't think before an exam, you'd eat at McDonald's or eat some greasy snacks, would you... :ph34r:
It makes me all slow reacting and I make so many stupid mistakes in my homework and stuff... Like I obviously lack of concentration...

My university friends (those who have some amazing high grades and even among the top 10 best students of the university) said they always buy tons of candies (sour candies, gummies, etc) with soft drinks and they eat so much while studying / in class... Seeing them consuming all that like monsters, you'd think it would be diabetes time for sure... But without their favorite candies, their grades would totally drop... Opposite of being "too high on sugar".

What about you?

Me, aside from not lacking of sleep, eating salty stuff (chips/nuts/etc) AS LONG AS I have a fruit juice to drink a lot, I will always have a lot of energy, react fast and think smartly (in sports, games, martial arts, exams, etc)... Never without my juice. And to drink so much of them, I need something salty.
Other than that, when I try to avoid all that while I'm relaxing (to reduce all my sugar level), I often make stupid jokes and everything. xD

For brain power, it's all about protein. Meat takes 6 hours to digest so time it well and study right when the energy is ready for use.

Carbs are good too. Tennis players are known to eat a big plate of pasta just before going to bed at night. Then, 12 hours later when they wake up and get to the courts for their match, the carbs are just finished digesting and the energy is ready to be used.

Juices and sugars are great for quick bursts of adrenaline and short term energy but doesn't give you the extra "umph" that you need.

Carbs are good too. Tennis players are known to eat a big plate of pasta just before going to bed at night. Then, 12 hours later when they wake up and get to the courts for their match, the carbs are just finished digesting and the energy is ready to be used.

I know a runner who says he used to do this, too. :mellow: I can't imagine eating a huge bowl of pasta and then going to sleep without having even started to digest it.

I like nuts and dark chocolate for brain energy food but anything I eat is to optimize my physical/mental/everything capabilities so there isn't anything I really target just to concentrate better :) There are lots of articles about this online though.

(Maybe a duh thing to say but eating well ALL the time is the best thing to do anyway! And I think a good nap helps me most of all.)

Guest shufflepuck

I study best from noon 'till night time,

but I also study better when I'm not too stuffed...

Whenever I eat too much, my concentration completely plummets.

So every morning I have a big breakfast and the rest of the day I eat lightly ( unless I'm starving, but that's rare).

It seems to work so far:)

Guest ravi_chan

I like eating candies too! Hard candies are great because you can eat but not take too much time to eat/look down at plate/ etc. And hot water! it makes me wake up :)

Honestly, when I eat a full meal, it makes me sleepy. I cannot study after dinner, I always have to wait until before bed >_>

urggg I remember there was an article published about how when you study (use your brain too much/thinking too much) it makes you hungry and more likely to snack, I think because you are stressed?

Archived