Guest C51236

Guest C51236

[MBC] Lee Tae Gon, Jo Yoon Hee, So Yoo Jin, Park Sang Won

Golden Fish

황금물고기

Hwanggeummulgoki

gfposter07.jpg

DRAMA INFO

Producer: Oh Hyun Chang (오현창), Joo Sung Woo (주성우)

Screenwriter: Jo Eun Jung (조은정)

Also known as:

Genre: Romance, melodrama

Episodes: 133

Broadcast station: MBC

Broadcast period: 2010-May-03 ~ 2010-Nov-11

Air time: Monday to Friday 20:15 (8:15 PM Korean time)

Official homepage: OFFICIAL SITE

[CAST| CONCEPT | PREVIEWS | PHOTOS | WALLPAPER | NEWS | SKETCH | VOD | BOARD]

MBC Global Media [Korean | English] | MBC America | nate | daum | naver

CAST: Lee Tae Gon (Assorted Gems, Dear Heaven), Jo Yoon Hee (Hot Blood, Spotlight), So Yoo Jin (30,000 Miles in Search of My Son, Seoul 1945), Park Sang Won (Dream, Hateful But Once Again), Park Ki Woong (Chuno, A Man's Story), Yoon Yeo Jung (The Housemaid), Jung Hye Sun (Assorted Gems), Lee Hae In (H.I.T), Guzal Tursunova, Seo Seung Man, Kim Bo Yun, Kim Yong Gun, Lee Hae Woo, Lee Il Hwa

CONCEPT

gfconcept.jpg

Revenge vs. Love

A new dark horse, revenge.

An eternal theme that went across generations, mellow.

It can't be more stale than these.

But if the two were mixed?

Revenge's coldness and love's warmth make up for each other's flaws.

It's more fun, and it touches on human nature through the double-edged sword of love and revenge.

Revenge seems to be the longest journey to find love.

The journey is filled with jealousy, good and evil, and innocence... It's human.

This drama.. it is masked as revenge but the destination is love.

Revenge's Season

This drama shows always-changing situations.

It doesn't rely on the pure stimulant as other revenge dramas did.

It follows the minds of people are carefully involved in different events.

Viewers will agree that in revenge, there is no winner or loser.

Drama that Shows Human Depravity and Fantasy

Just once, I'd like to step over the person who made me this way.

The story of human depravity that cannot be shown!

Pretty boys, go! It's time for pretty men.

Their faces have wrinkles but their hearts are smooth.. the growth of their love.

Their desire is to have a dream love before they die.

This drama's catharsis of revenge and fantasy of a pure love will satisfy.

CREDITS HANCINEMA

SYNOPSIS

The drama about a man Lee Tae Young (Lee Tae Gon) who is in love with his adopted sister, Han Ji Min (Jo Yoon Hee) but due to intervention from Ji Min's mother, Jo Yoon Hee (Yoon Yeo Jung), he leaves her without a word. He later marries the daughter of the Jungin Medical Foundation, Moon Hyun Jin, whom he met while treating her daughter, Seo Yun.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes, revenge elicits a stronger emotion than love.

A TV miniseries that give viewers a cathartic experience through a story of full-throttle revenge and a fantastic romance portrayed through pure love!

source: MBC Global

CHARACTER INFO

Lee Tae Gon as Lee Tae Young

Jo Yoon Hee as Han Ji Min

So Yoo Jin as Moon Hyun Jin

Park Sang Won as Moon Jung Ho

Kim Bo Yun as Lee Sae Rin

Park Ki Woong as Han Kang Min

Guzal Tursunova as Rebecca

Kim Yong Gun as Han Kyung San

Yoon Yeo Jung as Jo Yoon Hee

Seo Seung Man as Jo Yoon Woo

Lee Hae Woo as Moon Suk Jin

Jung Hye Sun as Mrs. Kang

Lee Il Hwa as Moon Jung Won

Hwang Seung Eon as Yoon Myung Ji

Lee Hae In as Seo Joo Hee

Kang Ye Seo as Moon Seo Yun

Heo Tae Hee as Hyun Jin's blind date

OFFICIAL POSTERS

gfposter01.th.jpg gfposter02.th.jpg gfposter03.th.jpg gfposter04.th.jpg

gfposter05.th.jpg gfposter06.th.jpg gfposter07.th.jpg

WALLPAPERS

gfwall10241.th.jpg gfwall10242.th.jpg gfwall10243.th.jpg

CORRELATION CHART

goldenfishchart.jpg

EPISODE RECAPS

Zealioner's Blog

VIDEO LINKS

[2010-Apr-29] 2 Min. Press Conference

[2010-Apr-29] Golden Fish 36 sec teaser

[2010-May-03] Golden Fish Extended Trailer

DOWNLOADS

Raw: AM-ADDICTION

Chinese subbed: Cococrust Repository

WATCH ONLINE

Raw: Dramastyle / JoonMedia

English Subbed: Viikii

Both raw & eng subs: DramaSub

EPISODE RATINGS

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Golden_Fish/Episode_Ratings

credits TNS Media & DramaWiki

PHOTOS

[2010-Apr-06] 'Golden Fish' First Script Rehearsal

[2010-Apr-16] First Stills of Tae Young & Ji Min

[2010-Apr-29] Press Conference: 1, 2

NEWS

[2010-Feb-22] So Yoo Jin-Lee Tae Gon Cast as Lovers in 'Golden Fish'

[2010-Mar-12] Park Sang Won Joins So Yoo Jin-Lee Tae Gon in 'Golden Fish'

[2010-Apr-01] Park Ki Woong Cast as Youngest Spoiled Child in 'Golden Fish'

[2010-Apr-02] Jo Yoon Hee Cast in 'Golden Fish' as Lee Tae Gon's First Love

[2010-Apr-06] MBC 'Golden Fish' Cast Rehearsal

[2010-Apr-16] Lee Tae Gon-Jo Yoon Hee "Golden Fish" Lovers at the Beach

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kazenai

at last a melodrama (which contains a long used plot line -step siblings falling in love)

I like the cast :D and have been crazing for a melodrama~! This one will be great hopefully :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest C51236

CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS

16808973.jpg Moon Jung-ho (actor Park Sang-won)

He's the chairman of the Jungin Medical Foundation and also the director of a prestigious general hospital while carrying on his duties as a university president. In the professional arena, he is a calculating person who makes management decisions without any emotion, but in his personal life, he displays a liberal and free-spirited streak. He is a natural charmer and attracts many ladies but he always holds back from falling in love. However, his outlook on life is turned upside down after he meets the young and comely ballerina, Ji-min.

60145608.jpg Lee Tae-young (actor Lee Tae-gon)

A doctor. He's a handsome man and talented surgeon. He lost his mom when he was seven years old and his father was never a part of his life since he was born. So he was taken in by Gyeong-san and grew up with his family. He doesn't open up to people easily but he is very tender towards Ji-min.

23265795.jpg Han Ji-min (actress Jo Yoon-hee)

A prima ballerina. Like her dad, she's a warmhearted person and very attractive. For 23 years, she only loved Tae-young but he breaks her heart by abruptly leaving her life. She loses her dad, her dreams and the man she loved all at once. Amidst this turmoil, she becomes a changed person.

11982795.jpg Moon Hyun-jin (actress So Yoo-jin)

Jung-ho's daughter and Tae-young's wife. Her first husband died while she was pregnant with their baby and became a single mom all of a sudden. She falls in love with Tae-young who operated on her ailing daughter Seo-yeon. She asks Tae-young out and they eventually get married. But she constantly worries that he'll leave her one day.

source: MBC Global

credits as tagged

My initial reaction was "What a cute father and daughter picutre" --> Then I smiled ....

I went to the drama wiki and notice the line drawn between them says 'pu pu' --> I Then stopped smiling. <_<

May December relationship are not a bother but when one is an old geezer it's not appealing.

Yeah, yeah I know he's 'just' a middle aged 'grandfather' but when his partner is the same age as his daughter then he becomes a geezer. :lol:

geez ... so very complicated. step siblings who are in love and both are married to other people? and on top of that the step sister is married to such an old guy at that. :o but i like Lee Tae Gon ... hmmm...

Guest red_pansy

So Yoo Jin ~i haven't seen her on screen for 3 years.

in golf lovers she is quite cute~

i'm looking forward to her comeback.

by the way,this time she act as a supporting role?i remember she was always female leading role before

Guest kazenai

So Yoo Jin ~i haven't seen her on screen for 3 years.

in <golf lovers>she is quite cute~

i'm looking forward to her comeback.

by the way,this time she act as a supporting role?i remember she was always female leading role before

I don't get it either, the teaser kinda confused me , is SYK the lead female?! I was rooting for her, but then she's posing the that old dude in the poster o.o

I am sooo confused. all I know is that SYJ was announced first (in casting)with LTG and THEN the other lady.

Guest C51236

Yeah I know what everyone's talking about.. I assumed SYJ was the lead because she was announced as a lead around the same time as LTG. Then when I saw the official site/previews.. I got all confused.. so from the chart, LTG and Jo Yoon Hee were lovers but I guess something happened that broke them up. probably her parents? well LTG married SYJ who lost her husband in an accident and was widowed with a young daughter. Then there's JYH and her marriage to SYJ's father. I'm guessing she does this for revenge? but I don't get why she would resort to marrying a man who's old enough to be her own father!! I'm interested to see what her revenge is....

Yeah I know what everyone's talking about.. I assumed SYJ was the lead because she was announced as a lead around the same time as LTG. Then when I saw the official site/previews.. I got all confused.. so from the chart, LTG and Jo Yoon Hee were lovers but I guess something happened that broke them up. probably her parents? well LTG married SYJ who lost her husband in an accident and was widowed with a young daughter. Then there's JYH and her marriage to SYJ's father. I'm guessing she does this for revenge? but I don't get why she would resort to marrying a man who's old enough to be her own father!! I'm interested to see what her revenge is....

Looking at the chart and preview I thought the JYH's spiteful mother was going to make her married SYJ's father (the perv) just so she can get her daughter away from LTG and hurt him in the process of doing so. It looks like hurting LTG is most important thing to the mother. Thus, I figure that's when LTG will then marry SYJ to get back at his step-mother and his father-in-law

Guest C51236

EP01 Screencaps

gfcap01.jpg

gfcapoo1.jpg

gfcapep01.jpg

EP01 Ratings

Nationwide / Seoul

TNS: 13.5 (7th) / 14.8 (4th)

AGB: 11.7%

Source: nate

-----

so the reason why Jo Yoon Hee (Ji Min's mom) hate Lee Tae Young (Lee Tae Gon) is because his mother was her husband's ex love? LTY's mom died and they took TY in and raised him. She doesn't like him b/c he reminds her of his mom who died. so Ji Min's (Jo Yoon Hee) parents are his adopted parents.. :mellow: Hyun Jin's (So Yoo Jin) father is a player.. her daughter is in the hospital and is very close to TY b/c he's her doctor... there's probably gonna be a flashback of how HJ and TY met. probably it has to do with the reason why her daughter is in the hospital recovering. I think they were in an accident and her husband died....

Guest cococrust

wow...rating is awesome for 1st ep. Posting c-subs coz I simply love LTG from his dramas (particularly dear heaven and assorted gems).

Drama post will not be up on my blog till later in the week or early next week (I usually try to accumulate several new drama posts before publishing and we will have 2 or more new dramas premiering next week).

EP01 Ratings

Nationwide / Seoul

TNS: 13.5 (7th) / 14.8 (4th)

AGB: 11.7%

Source: nate

-----

so the reason why Jo Yoon Hee (Ji Min's mom) hate Lee Tae Young (Lee Tae Gon) is because his mother was her husband's ex love? LTY's mom died and they took TY in and raised him. She doesn't like him b/c he reminds her of his mom who died. so Ji Min's (Jo Yoon Hee) parents are his adopted parents.. :mellow: Hyun Jin's (So Yoo Jin) father is a player.. her daughter is in the hospital and is very close to TY b/c he's her doctor... there's probably gonna be a flashback of how HJ and TY met. probably it has to do with the reason why her daughter is in the hospital recovering. I think they were in an accident and her husband died....

The ratings are pretty good ! *

Thanks for the explanation, everything is clearer now.

But i'm surprised the drama begins like this... I expected the development of love, but yeah maybe more details later...

Well, there will be more than 100 episodes, so the future doesn't seem to be really good, right ?

Thanks for the links too guys ^-^

Archived