Nancy Wu ------------ Chow Bing-bing 周冰冰

Angela Tong ---------- Chow Fong-fong 周芳芳

Ram Chiang ----------------- Leung Cham 梁湛 24

Jack Wu ------------- Ho Ho-yin 何浩然

Eric Li ------------- Tam Chung 譚忠

Helen Ma -------- Chan Kiu 陳嬌

Lily Li --------- Aunt 12 十二嬸

Synopsis

Au-Yeung Wai-Lan, owner of a martial arts training school, is reunited with her long-lost son Koo Yu-Cheung after years of agonizing separation. On his return home, Yu-Cheung is shocked to find that his younger brother Koo Yu-Tong has been critically ill and that his father was murdered long ago by Wing Tak, the existing director of a pharmaceutical company and a bitter old foe of the Koos. Yu-Cheung has never been into kung-fu but shows glimpses of his potential when he strikes back at the impudent, arrogant Wing Man-Kwan, also the son of Wing Tak. Pinning all her hopes on Yu-Cheung, Wai-Lan not only teaches him a special set of kung-fu skills created by the family, but also registers for him for the Guangdong Boxing Championship Tournament. Out of the blue, Yu-Cheung's opponent in the final turns out to be Wing Man-Kwan.

Yu-Cheung starts losing his bearings after achieving growing success and recognition in the field of martial arts. Caught up in the love triangle between Wai-Lan's apprentice Ying Ngan-Ming, his dream girl Chow Bing-Bing and himself, Yu-Cheung is utterly confused and exhausted, which later causes him to beat Man-kwan in the final tournament.

No. of episodes: 25

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Fistful_of_Stances

does anybody else love this show?? im like addicted at the moment!! (even though kevin cant act-cry -__-)

i find that they planned the plot out really well so far (i havent finished watching it yet)

and i love how they keep jumping backwards and forwards in time to tell both stories <3

Guest burger.monn

I've actaully finished watching this drama today! I think its really good. 2010 had been lacking in really good tvb dramas.

The last few episodes were a bit of a tear jerker. In fact, a majority of them were. Maybe it was just me but I thought that a lot of the episodes were quite emotional. I really love the familyness between the characters. I really hate wing dak. He was such a jerk to the family!

But I think that the last episode was quite satisfying, it wasn't those endings that make you think "huh, is that it?"

I really like this drama! I won't say anymore about the drama just incase I spoil it for those who haven't finished.

Guest mymyx2

^I think it's pretty good from what I have seen. Tavia isn't a main character though...she plays a younger version of a character.

I'm kind of confused...are all the episodes out already? Didn't episode 23 only just came out? And there are 25 episodes?

Guest AhYee

OMG yes! I was so close to starting a thread for this drama!

I have to say, it's definitely the best drama so far as of 2010.

I wasn't even interested in it because I'm not a big fan of ancient dramas, but when my cousin said it's so good, and I kept on hearing about it, I started watching it. I'm so glad I did, because if I didn't, I'd be missing out on a lot.

Big props to Tavia; her acting was amazing, even if she wasn't a main character. I actually love her here more than in BTROC. Especially her crying scenes, those brought me to tears too haha.

I think everyone did well, even though not all of them had a time for them to shine.

^I think it's pretty good from what I have seen. Tavia isn't a main character though...she plays a younger version of a character.

I'm kind of confused...are all the episodes out already? Didn't episode 23 only just came out? And there are 25 episodes?

Episode 24, and 25 is a two hour finale on sunday in Hong Kong, so I don't know how the episodes are out either =S I live in Canada, and counting the hours, it should be late afternoon right now. Who knows.

I certainly can't wait for the finale, and for Wing Dak to finally get punished for all his wrong doings.

Is it really good? I just started on the 2nd episode, I'm only watching this 'cause I'm a huge Tavia fan :D.

hehe i also watch it for Tavia too and I have to say though she's guest star she did an awesome job and she make a great pairing with kevin too ^_^ its a bit slow in the middle but gets really good later on so you should continue to watch it!

Episode 24, and 25 is a two hour finale on sunday in Hong Kong, so I don't know how the episodes are out either =S I live in Canada, and counting the hours, it should be late afternoon right now. Who knows.

I certainly can't wait for the finale, and for Wing Dak to finally get punished for all his wrong doings.

The drama is 25 episodes in total and they just aired 23 but the whole drama is out on dvd already (i think overseas and some parts in China) and people upload the last 2 episodes already. I have to say the ending is really good and I'm happy with it ^_^

Definitely Wing Dak got what he totally deserve and this drama did very well on letting the bad people deserve what they get.

Guest mymyx2

Thanks! Hmm so the dvd came out first. I see.

Just saw the last two episodes and I'm pretty happy with the ending.

Guest AhYee

I just finished watching the finale, and thank goodness TVB didn't mess up this one; there's not a lot of dramas that I enjoyed the last episode of.

I thought Wing Dak would've gotten shot for his punishment [but then that would be letting him off too easily, actually], and I certainly didn't expect him to hang himself. But he did, and that made it more enjoyable. I'm sure at the time of his death he still didn't believe he committed any crimes, but having him commit suicide is a better punishment for him. Although I did feel bad for him when he found out Seung Chu went crazy, because he truly cares for his family. When he was yelling "I want to eat dinner with my wife!" showed me how much he reaaally loved his wife.

Oh Man Kwan... I have to say he improved a fraction at the end when he was in his wheelchair and repenting his sins. He didn't move me, but instead of the 'I'm always angry and will kill you' expression, he had something else going on there. Good job.

If TVB did a typical ending, it would show us Tsz Ching and Yu Tong, Ah Ngan and Yu Cheung getting married. I really liked the ending, since it didn't show us directly that TC and YT were together, but they were really cute =)

All in all, a favourite of mine for 2010, and I hope it snags some awards at the end of the year!

Guest whatlah85

was just wondering where can i catch the episodes online? i watched till 18 on DVD but i dont have the rest of the epis yet! its so exciting i just cry when the characters cry, laugh even louder when they laugh!! really love this show!!

^ sorry cant help you there :/ i watch it on tvbj ... but ill keep my eyes out for you :)

OMG yes! I was so close to starting a thread for this drama!

I have to say, it's definitely the best drama so far as of 2010.

I wasn't even interested in it because I'm not a big fan of ancient dramas, but when my cousin said it's so good, and I kept on hearing about it, I started watching it. I'm so glad I did, because if I didn't, I'd be missing out on a lot.

Big props to Tavia; her acting was amazing, even if she wasn't a main character. I actually love her here more than in BTROC. Especially her crying scenes, those brought me to tears too haha.

I think everyone did well, even though not all of them had a time for them to shine.

hahaha i couldnt believe there wasnt one started yet :P

omg i agree!! tavia's crying scenes got me bad. :( especially when she was shouting for her eldest son whilst carrying 2nd brother!!! this show actually made me tear up a lot (which hasnt happened in a while with tvb dramas since.. moonlight resonance im guessing..)

hehe i also watch it for Tavia too and I have to say though she's guest star she did an awesome job and she make a great pairing with kevin too ^_^ its a bit slow in the middle but gets really good later on so you should continue to watch it!

The drama is 25 episodes in total and they just aired 23 but the whole drama is out on dvd already (i think overseas and some parts in China) and people upload the last 2 episodes already. I have to say the ending is really good and I'm happy with it ^_^

Definitely Wing Dak got what he totally deserve and this drama did very well on letting the bad people deserve what they get.

i like tavia + kevin pairing too!!! annoyed how they dont get to play a couple in 'more recent time' >=( YAY nice to hear its a good ending >< still not up to it over here..

and im very very tempted to read AhYee's spoiler >< !!!! but i must resist!!! i always read spoilers and then get annoyed afterwards for reading it ._.

Guest wing834

i loved this series, best series of 2010 so far~ kenneth did an amazing job!! definately overshadowed the supposed lead actor kevin~ i also really liked natailie, she has improved a lot~ really pitied her character~

but shirley?? her character was sooo undeveloped, there was no breakthrough and nothing really special~ since shirley is quite well known, i was expecting something great from her character.... but that never came lol~

and is it weird for me to like kin sing (kevin) more than ah cheung (kevin) lol~ i liked him as kin sing a lot more, he was compatiable with tavia, and kin sing was just more likeable lol~

ahh since you and many others said it's good, i spent most of yesterday watching it and it is really good. Too bad Tavia plays a younger version of the mother. Her acting was awesome~!

but shirley?? her character was sooo undeveloped, there was no breakthrough and nothing really special~ since shirley is quite well known, i was expecting something great from her character.... but that never came lol~

I agree! Her character's useless in this series and I find her character a bit annoying too sometimes.

the guy who acts as wing man kwan, suits the character ._. his face... is so evil and annoying.

the last 5 episodes to watch this week!! cant wait for the finale.

did anyone else know that nancy wu and kenneth ma went out and then broke up ?!? i didnt know that!!

anyway, the finale ratings of AFoS had "averaged 37 and reached a high of 43"

• 2 months later...
Guest BROKENheaven

Aww such a small thread for this series! I just finished it and I gotta say its definitely one of the best TVB series of 2010. I felt like all the actors and actresses really poured their all into this series. Im surprised that Kevin's character is lead though...cause Kenneth had WAY more air time and his acting was superb. I was really impressed with the cast ^_^ and the ending was great as well. TVB always tend to rush their endings or does something cheesy.

I've never seen the guy who acted as Wing Man Kwan in other TVB series. His face and appearance is definitely compatible to his character, BUT the way he delivered his lines was really bad. He had an evil face but when he talked he sounded like a little boy :lol: I could hear his accent so thats probably why he had some trouble.

Anyway, I really hope some of the casts will be given an award this year. They really deserves it.

Archived