Yomigaeri 黄泉がえり 환생 (2002/3)

Starring: Tsuyoshi Kusanagi, Yuko Takeuchi, Kou Shibasaki, Misaki Itou

Director: Akihiko Shiota

Genre: Romance

Certification: All

Runtime: 104mins

Distribution: Sinabro Entertainment

Language: Japanese

Shinji Kajio's popular Japanese novel is brought to life in an intriguing fictitious movie featuring SMAP singer/actor Tsuyoshi Kusanagi!

The tale revolves around a governmental officer who heads out to investigate weird happenings that take place in the town Aso in Kyushu. What is the mystery that causes a high school student, a lover and other past existences to return from the dead? Find out in "Yomigaeri"!

In Aso of Kyushu, Japan, thousands of dead people suddenly resurrect from death to their beloved ones. Inspector Heita Kawada (Tsuyoshi Kusanagi) is being assigned to return to his hometown and investigates

such strange phenomenon. There he meets his childhood friend, Aoi Tachibana (Yuko Takeuchi), whose boyfriend died for years and wishes him to revive one day. As the answer of the phenomenon is about to be disclosed, these "people" is facing an end of their resurrection...

SMAPの草?g剛と竹内結子の共演による感動のファンタジー。死んだ後も自分のことを思ってくれる人の前に死者が現れる゛黄泉がえり゛という不思議な現象を調査すべく、故郷に帰った厚生労働省のエリート青年(草?g剛)と、死んだ親友のフィアンセ(竹内結子)の心の動きを描く。

Cast :

Tsuyoshi Kusanagi .... Heita Kawada

Yuko Takeuchi .... Aoi Tachibana

Yuriko Ishida .... Reiko

Sho Aikawa .... Shuhei

Keiichi Yamamoto .... Hideya Nakajima

Misaki Ito .... Sachiko

Kunie Tanaka .... Dr. Saito

Kou Shibasaki .... Rui (as Rui)

Akiko Oshidari

Yoshikazu Tôshin

Masami Nagasawa

Hayato Ichihara

Jimon Terakado

yomigaeri.jpg

yomigaeriresurrection.jpg

SOURCE : 黄泉がえり

黄泉がえり

黄泉がえり

黄泉がえり

黄泉がえり

I cried at the end, I found it very touching as well. Tsuyoshi Kusanagi was kind of a weak point for me, though, mainly b/c with his appearance and hair style I didn't find him believable as some kind of official from the government. I love Yuko Takeuchi. My favorite movie of hers is probably "Heaven's Bookstore".

Archived