Arakawa Under The Bridge

Guest NO NAME?

Guest NO NAME?

荒川アンダー ザ ブ
bde2p.jpg

The story is about the strange courtship of a successful executive in life called Kou and a mysterious woman called Nino who lives under a bridge. It all begins when Kou almost drowns in a river but is saved by Nino. For saving his life, Kou fulfills Nino's desire to have a boyfriend. Thus, Kou becomes her boyfriend, but has to live with her under the bridge... — MAL

--------------------

Only two episodes have aired so far. I don't know what I just watched, but I'm liking every minute of it! This could be the best show of the season. I haven't laughed this hard since... Detroit Metal City. For those who like Bakamonogatari should check this series out. Arakawa is a tad better in my opinion. The manga, on the other hand, I have yet to check out. Share your thoughts here.

Guest peaches*

i really enjoyed the manga, it made me LOL, which i rarely do while reading/watching anything. the manga is really slow at updating, there are only 5 chapters out right now.

I watched the first episode and really enjoyed it. Cant wait to see hwo the characters are fleshed out.

In the fansub I watched, they had named him Recruit. Don't know if they translated it right or not

• 3 weeks later...
Guest moa.lovefuwa

honestly...this is the most underrated anime/manga ever. it's simply cute involving a much more strange relationship where the guy simply think he's normal and is in the process of falling in love with a weirdo.hahahha. i love this series a lot due to the fact that it aimed for a much more mature audience who isn't here to watch a pathetic girl fall head over heels for a hot bishie..thus, this is a damn good romance series that everyone should take the time to watch/read it.

amen. lol.

Guest san-ni-ichi

Hahaha, I started watching the anime of this a few days ago.

Seriously, it's so funny. I love it, LOL :L

Guest Nodamochiiee

Yes I quite enjoyed this animu. I found it quite humourous especially the part with the sister at the church. What the hell is up with that? A GUN?!! Recruit ftw.

Guest NO NAME?

AMEN! :lol:

Episode 6: Okay, I admit it. I laughed so hard when the brothers sank. Decent episode.

The Star Wars reference is quite funny.

"A Venusian? Sorry, I stopped watching Star Wars at episode 1."

357kshh.jpg

Will Recruit succeed with his teaching methods? We'll shall see...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest h2obubbli

this anime is insane lol, but thats whats so good about~

looks like a story is building up now, recruits dad wants to spy on what he's doing there, it will be kool if his dad joins them under the bridge lol.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest NO NAME?

Arakawa Under the Bridge's 2nd Season Green-Lit

posted on 2010-06-27 13:18 EDT

2ypck01.jpg

Announced after end of final episode of first season on Sunday

The final episode of the first season of the Arakawa under the Bridge anime series has announced on Sunday night that a second season has been green-lit. The announcement was made after the end of the episode after midnight (effectively early Monday morning). The television anime series adapts Hikaru Nakamura's manga of the same name, which has been running in Square Enix's Young Gangan magazine since 2004.

[Via 2ch.net]

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-06-27/arakawa-under-the-bridge-2nd-season-green-lit

• 4 weeks later...

I started watching this last month, and danggggggg!~ It's soooo funny, roflmaooo xD

There was never a dull moment in the anime, haha~

I've lost count of how many times I fell off my chair laughing O_O :P

I just love ALL those characters living under the bridge xD and of course, Recruit! haha~

this was a really good anime... underrated imo.

so glad to see a 2nd season, hope they can keep the same feel.

• 3 months later...
Guest NO NAME?

Aw... Was it not interesting?

Yeah, they're living under the bridge still.

I wonder if Nino is really from Venus. They're supposedly going there soon.

• 1 month later...
Guest knockblock

Aw... Was it not interesting?

Lets see... uh... how should I put this. I didn't feel motivated enough to want to keep watching it. It wasn't bad but I guess I couldn't get myself to keep going on.

The show seemed insane. Also, I get the feeling there won't be anything particularly amazing. Maybe my thoughts on this anime will change if I give it a another chance. I do wonder if I am missing out on anything

Yeah, they're living under the bridge still.

Great......

Archived