[Drama 2010] ATHENA : Goddess of War 아테나: 전쟁의 여신

Guest Lilazinprincess

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bashful

I just read from here that the never-before-seen cut will air on January 15th at 2:30 pm!!!

Thats so good to hear right?! So we didn't miss it ^^

Thanks for the info. If anyone finds it, please share!!!! thanks in advance :w00t:

I just read from here that the never-before-seen cut will air on January 15th at 2:30 pm!!!

Holding my breath holding my breath! yay!

Now: Is it 2:30 PST, CST, or else? Or is it Seoul Time??? :blink: Hope someone can record it! I don't have access to Dramax!

i'm trying to figure that out too. based on the movie, the head NK guy (not Park, but the guy who is part of IRIS) gave instructins to SunHwa at the beginning of the series. After watching the movie though, I think the instructions were to kill LBH's character, deceive Park and indirectly she is part of IRIS. Throughout the series, she followed instrcutions of Park demonstrating loyalty to him, but i think now that she was really executing the NK general's agenda. She was the one that killed LBH at the end. I know she shot Park, but I'm assuming that he survived, or that she shot him intentionally not to kill him (training soldier also know how to shot at body areas that won't kill anyones). Sunhwa is a recurring charcter in Athena (I saw captions). She has longer hair and has a family. I'm so curious.

yes but the weird thing is, how did he manage to get a position after that in the NK government?

If a higher up wants him gone, he could've easily done so, even after letting him get shot.

Guest naddification

Thanks for the info. If anyone finds it, please share!!!! thanks in advance :w00t:

Holding my breath holding my breath! yay!

Now: Is it 2:30 PST, CST, or else? Or is it Seoul Time??? :blink: Hope someone can record it! I don't have access to Dramax!

Thank you so much for sharing the news, springfiry! :D

Looks like all 4 of us (and others) are waiting excitedly and anxiously for the unedited scenes! Perhaps it's 2:30PM Korean Time and if it is, that would mean the rerun has already aired? Cos it's already 16th Jan now. Hmmm. Is Dramax a Korean cable channel? I haven't heard of it before :blink:

And wow, are the scenes really that mature/passionate till they can't be aired normally? Hehehe. It'd be splendid if the scenes help give us a better perspective of their relationships!

Hopefully sites like kpoplive or popseoul, or members in this thread could kindly and generously post up a video or something. Thank youuu in advance! :D

Is Dramax a Korean cable channel?

Yup it is. http://dramax.cu-media.co.kr/index.htm So I guess it's Korea time...

Like your siggy by the way. It's funny! :D

Goods News for ATHENA's fans: apparently the ratings are going up. Read about here:

http://www.koreaboo.com/index.html/_/dramas/athena-goddess-of-war-wins-over-comp-r2630

Fighting!!!

PS: what is the html code (here) to insert a link? Thanks in advance.

Guest kayana20

For the people who have watched IRIS, IRIS the movie and are now watching Athena, I have a question.

How come that North Korean guy (the one that was shot down by Kim So Yeon/Sunhwa in the movie) is alive in Athena?

I thought Athena was happening after IRIS?

If it's during IRIS, how come he's in that position now? I doubt that well trained North Korean agents like Kim So Yeon can't kill someone from 10 meters infront of them.

Can anyone explain it to me?

I was wondering the exact same thing but I think when IRIS 2 comes out maybe it will be better explained because right now things are not as they seem.Maybe Athena happened before you know who assassinated him or when she comes for her appearance they will explain it.he was in a high position before. Athena ties into IRIS but I am sorry they are confusing not just you but me too.Also I think Sunwha is a part of Athena and maybe she is going to interfere with the nuclear device plans when park steps in as he is now.

Thank you so much for sharing the news, springfiry! :D

Looks like all 4 of us (and others) are waiting excitedly and anxiously for the unedited scenes! Perhaps it's 2:30PM Korean Time and if it is, that would mean the rerun has already aired? Cos it's already 16th Jan now. Hmmm. Is Dramax a Korean cable channel? I haven't heard of it before :blink:

And wow, are the scenes really that mature/passionate till they can't be aired normally? Hehehe. It'd be splendid if the scenes help give us a better perspective of their relationships!

Hopefully sites like kpoplive or popseoul, or members in this thread could kindly and generously post up a video or something. Thank youuu in advance! :D

They always feel the bedroom sceees are mature but I didn't see a difference when I watched the sub yesterday. I will check again tomorrow night because most likely it might be the unedited version if I pay closer attention.

Guest kayana20

naddification : Oh , just realised it yesterday was the 15th! So we missed it T.T

I wonder if anyone caught it and saved a video of it? Otherwise it will be gone...

Unless they release the unedited version of it in the DVD or something ^^

I would be so mad as a SH&JW fan because after watching the episode again they edited so bad it is a mess.You get to see 2 short secs of angry passion before they switch to naked CSW.Admiring his work done well in the mirror.The dvd will have it unedited but that scened was so rushed it conveys nothing.

Guest thermopyle

With a protagonist this dopey, the only thing actually keeping me from dropping this show altogether and just rewatching the last season of 24 (lol) are the bad guys. Son Hyuk is pretty conniving which is awesome and Hye In before she went all dew-eyed was bad-effing-richard simmons. The old white guy heading up Athena from that short glimpse got that whole 'I'm rich, tanned, I ownzed ENERGY!!' charisma too. Yup.

Guest nana544

The drama is good so far, but I hope that it will start to get more interesting like in the first few episodes. Either way, I will still watch it. Jung Woo Sung is so handsome...omg! His wandering eyes are so cute...he's a cutie and I cannot believe how old he is, but then again, he does not look 38 yrs old at all. What a handsome man!

Guest foxyapple

for the JH/SH shippers out there, here are some screencaps  ^_^

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

updated some more

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

THANK YOU!!!

This is what I come into this thread for.....Cha Seung Won!!! I haven't watch Athena because I dislike the male and female leads, esp the female lead, comparing her with the girl in Iris who is now in My Princess. CSW surely have heated things up for people who thinks this drama is boring,... hahaha!!!

incidentally, could someone tell me where I could find/get a short clip of the steamy hot scene of CSW in Athena?!

Would greatly appreciate that!

Guest naddification

*Edited post*

Recently watched episodes 6-9 again with proper subtitles (many thanks to ViKi, WITHS2, DarkSmurf!! Oh what would I do without you guys) and things seem slightly clearer. I'm ashamed to say that for the past episodes, I’d only paid attention to selective scenes (SH-JH *cough cough*). What I'm going to say next may be repetitive so kindly bear with me. Hehe :P

Episode 7:

The scene where Sook Kyung (the lab lady) went drinking with HI - I don’t think Sook Kyung is as bimbotic, superficial and naïve as she makes herself seem to be. She was pretending to be a little tipsy and purposely told Hye In about Dr Kim still being alive, to see her reaction. She could have been instructed by Director Kwon to do so. Actually I think Dr Kwon and some others in the NTS are already suspecting Hye In to be a spy but they're being subtle about it?

And when they did that birthday prank on HI, she was THAT close to confessing her involvement in Athena! Damn! They shouldn't have brought out the cake at that point in time.

Oh and then we have Ki Soo with his own set of problems with his North Korean ex-comrades. Even though he's quite silly and hopeless at times, I feel quite bad for this guy. Now that Dr Kim is dead, what will North Korea do?

Episode 8:

Junho (Siwon) really shone in this episode! It might be a stretch to say this but so far he’s the only agent who has displayed some form of competency and intelligence. I love how he went in to retrieve the SNC on his own (using one of the guys as a shield etc), and how he looked so accomplished and happy when he eventually got it back! He had his own issues about returning to the field again but Kudos to him for overcoming his fear/phobia! Plus, he suggested to Director Kwon that there's a leak of information in NTS itself. (IT'S HYE IN, PEOPLE!!) Siwon is promising as an actor!

Episode 9:

I thought it was pretty smart of JH to let JW go (he is unstoppable so might as well let him go do what he wants) and attach a tracking device on him so that they could provide assistance later on. But alas...

This episode aggravated my annoyance towards JW. Him denying JH’s and NTS’ assistance, him being silly enough to think the hostage with the black cloth over the head was actually Hye In (he should have asked them to take the cloth off to confirm it’s HI, but alas), him causing Dr Kim to get killed, and the list goes on. I was actually sad when Dr Kim died but it’s high time his character is killed off cos the whole drama can’t possibly revolve around “Dr Kim is safe with us, oh Dr Kim is kidnapped, oh ok Dr Kim is rescued, oh Dr Kim is kidnapped again”.

My view on SH and HI's relationship is slightly clearer now. SH cares for HI but not in a romantic lover kinda way. The looks he gave her after she was tortured in the water, I didn't get any romantic vibes from them. Yes, the looks were full of care and concern for HI, just not in a romantic sense. I don't think a lover would have the heart to actually torture his loved one? Furthermore, when she woke from her dream, he patted her on the back like a friend would. Now that SH's losing his grip on HI, he is going ballistic! He's pissed cos he no longer has control over HI. Hmm that's how I see it. This isn't meant to offend/anger SH-HI fans! :)

Ever since HI entered NTS, things have gotten wayy hectic and out of hand. HI is always rushing off to contact SH. Whenever NTS is that near to bringing down the enemy, the enemy escapes scott-free. Surely the people in NTS have noticed something fishy?

Episode 10:

Needless to say, my favourite scene in this one was JH-SH’s “room scene”. I’ve been using “bed scene” all along and I suddenly find it quite crude-sounding. Hehe.

I love how SH took the lead and was totally “in charge”, with JH completely surrendering herself to him. The way he pulled her and pinned her against the wall, the way he brought her to the table (I noticed how he had his hand wrapped around JH’s mid-back. It exuded this sort of feel like he is being protective of JH or maybe I'm just dreaming) and the way he pinned her down on bed.

2nr51u.jpg

I love how JH was looking helplessly into his eyes, and there he was looking intently at JH's lips. Can't resist yourself, SH?

213bcj.jpg

I like how he had his hand clasped over JH’s hand. In this particular shot, I thought he was gentle to JH. It’s like he wants “devour” JH but yet he is careful in doing so. Forceful yet gentle, if you get what I mean. Hehe. I thought that was pretty nice, considering he's a scary man. Maybe it's just my wishful thinking and imagination.

I think the choppy and shaky manner in which the scene was edited is to give a hint of their possibly dangerous and turbulent relationship in episodes to come, but I can’t help but feel that JH is quite safe whenever she's around SH (so far). He seems relatively mild and quite warm towards her. Saving her from being shot (ep 5), warning her about the enemy (ep 9), giving her advice (ep 10) etc.

Speaking of which, I don't think SH intended to sleep with JH cos after he sent her to the hotel room, he immediately turned to leave. It was only when JH grabbed his arm and stopped him from going home, did he cave in to his "male desires".

2cqxuvb.jpg

The expression on his face....how would you describe it? I can't quite place his emotions in this shot. He even looked kinda sad to me!

Sidenote: I've given up waiting for the apparently "unedited" love scenes. I shall just settle for the scenes we first watched! :D

Now moving on to something serious, I felt really bad for SH's secretary who was strangled!! I think Sean Richard should just run for his life now. He is too handsome to be killed!

Oh and is there even a remotest chance that

all along, Jung Woo has been playing Hye In? He knows she's part of Athena since the beginning and he's getting close to her to find out more information? Maybe he's been cold to JH and pushing her away to protect her from danger? I don't think this hypothesis is likely but just sharing my thoughts

:)

I've not watched IRIS so I'm also unsure how Athena ties in with it. And I'm pretty sure Director Kwon knows SH is involved in Athena but...?!?! Currently having this love-hate thing for SH. If he doesn't change towards the end, I would want him to dieee. Muahahaaa!

Guest foxyapple

@ naddification - wow! many thanks for the episode 10 spoiler of SH/JH's intimate scene!

I will go watch just this episode! Just cant get over CSW and his hunkiness! tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif muahahahaha!!!

Guest naddification

Yup it is. http://dramax.cu-media.co.kr/index.htm So I guess it's Korea time...

Like your siggy by the way. It's funny! :D

Goods News for ATHENA's fans: apparently the ratings are going up. Read about here:

http://www.koreaboo.com/index.html/_/dramas/athena-goddess-of-war-wins-over-comp-r2630

Fighting!!!

PS: what is the html code (here) to insert a link? Thanks in advance.

Haha thank you!(about the siggy). Anyway I've no idea about the html code either. Sorry can't help out..

I would be so mad as a SH&JW fan because after watching the episode again they edited so bad it is a mess.You get to see 2 short secs of angry passion before they switch to naked CSW.Admiring his work done well in the mirror.The dvd will have it unedited but that scened was so rushed it conveys nothing.

I think the news about the unedited scenes made people excited, only to disappoint them in the end. Tsk tsk tsk!

@ naddification - wow! many thanks for the episode 10 spoiler of SH/JH's intimate scene!

I will go watch just this episode! Just cant get over CSW and his hunkiness! *quoted image**quoted image**quoted image* muahahahaha!!!

No problem at all! You can find the download links for all the episodes on the first page of this forum. Alternatively, you can visit http://am-addiction.com :)

ulda1.jpg

Ah, so Jae Hee's English name is Chloe...(the necklace)

s45mxj.jpg

Anyone else thinks this ahjusshi is charming/good-looking?

Guest Gacktsan34

s45mxj.jpg

Anyone else thinks this ahjusshi is charming/good-looking?

He is actor Kim Seung Woo, who also played in "IRIS" as north korean Park Cheol Yeong.

Can anyone help me to put a name on this face ? He plays the kidnaper Su Min Hyeok in episodes 3,4 and 5. I'm sure I saw him in some movie but can't remember exactly where...

vlcsnap-2011-01-12-18h48m10s41.png

vlcsnap-2011-01-16-15h21m44s14.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-01-16-15h30m25s107.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-01-16-15h25m59s7.jpg

Thanks in advance for your great help !

Guest Enchanting

Ah... they're too pretty to be spies. DDD:

Is it a good drama? I'm looking to start watching it after Secret Garden.

I love action.This has the violence, the kick richard simmons OST and the pretty people... perfect combination. <3

So I'm asking you guys... is it worth it to watch? ^^

@Gackstan34: I first noticed Kim Seung Woo in Hotelier. I really like his acting. :) As for the kidnapper, he first reminded me of Kim Nam Gil (Bad Guy), but I was wrong and couldn't find out who that guy is as well...

@Naddification, when you have a chance, I encourage you to watch Iris. Be warned, though: it could be addictive. Once I started (lucky for me it was during the holiday break), I could hardly stop watching the series until I reached the end...

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/124/1/Iris/

The two stories however (Iris and Athena) are indepedent (so far). Watching one doesn't necessarily helps you understand the other in my opinion.

Guest godlykilla

I just watched Episode 10....and idk if this has been mentioned before, but I really don't like who ends up with who. I realllllly wanted Hye-In to end up with Son Hyuk (Athena leader dude). I really don't like that Hye-In ended up sleeping with Jeong-woo and Son Hyuk slept with Jae-hee. :(

Guest kornpops

This may have been asked before, but I skimmed the thread quite a bit and couldn't find it. However, is fully watching IRIS required to watch this?

Archived