[Drama 2010] ATHENA : Goddess of War 아테나: 전쟁의 여신

Guest Lilazinprincess

Guest naddification

Just came across the following info, which I think will make some happy: apparently SBS will rerun episode 10 (when? Does anyone know?) and at that time the bed scenes of both couples will be longer. The article says "unedited" but the final product is always (needs to be) edited, isn't it? O_O

Anyway, read about it here: :)

http://popseoul.com/2011/01/14/the-bed-scenes-from-the-sbs-drama-athena-goddess-of-war/

OH YAY! Thanks for sharing this superrr awesome news for both JW-HI and SH-JH fans! *throws confetti and jumps around for joy*

Anyone knows when the rerun of episode 10 will air? Thank you in advance!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just came across the following info, which I think will make some happy: apparently SBS will rerun episode 10 (when? Does anyone know?) and at that time the bed scenes of both couples will be longer. The article says "unedited" but the final product is always (needs to be) edited, isn't it? O_O

Anyway, read about it here: :)

http://popseoul.com/2011/01/14/the-bed-scenes-from-the-sbs-drama-athena-goddess-of-war/

@Naddification: Thanks for clarifying. Maybe they left the tattoo because they thought it makes him look more, I don't know... something? (wow, I actually at loss for words, lol).

JH gave it a puzzled look at the end of their scene...

Thanks for ur info. can't wait for unedited version especially HI-JW scene :D

I can't wait the rerun of Episode 10 too!

Is there any way to watch it online? I don't live in korea , and I don't think I have a service provider offering SBS as a paid channel.

Do you all think that the episode will be uploaded by anyone so we can download it? After all , it is kinda a different version of the the episode, and it should have been the official episode except that it was slightly too mature for below 15.

I am also wondering if all the episodes of Athena on the paid channel are slightly different from the one airing on the free channel.

Guest kayana20

I can't wait the rerun of Episode 10 too!

Is there any way to watch it online? I don't live in korea , and I don't think I have a service provider offering SBS as a paid channel.

Do you all think that the episode will be uploaded by anyone so we can download it? After all , it is kinda a different version of the the episode, and it should have been the official episode except that it was slightly too mature for below 15.

I am also wondering if all the episodes of Athena on the paid channel are slightly different from the one airing on the free channel.

Well when they post episode 9 and 10 up subbed most likely it will be that episode which shows it unedited. If I don't see a difference I will pm you the link when they post it.

Wow! I'm enjoying reading this thread so much! :D Thank you all for the recaps, screencaps, thoughts and humor.

I gave up on the spy story ever making sense. Now I just smile or laugh, though I might cry in disbelief one of these days (jk). I watch the show in good fun. I'm also curious to see how the writers will handle the rest of the series. I confess that SH/JH keep me glued every time they're on screen. Their characters are flawed (thank goodness), but the actors make them so believable!

I agree with all the comments about SH: yes, the guy is a total psycho, you never know what he's going to pull next. He seems cool and calm on surface, his eyes are generally icy, but there is a fire underneath, a raging though calculated anger that seems to have built-up over years of abuse, oppression, sadness and frustration. I'm profoundly enjoying how Cha Seung Won renders SH as such an intense and complex personality. He is a cold killer, but I think JH brings/awakens his human (close to normal) side, one that is not that suspicious of others, one that makes him let his guards down (hm, in appearance), one that smiles, one that cares, one that does not look down on others. Have you noticed in episode 10...

... how he obviously doesn't take advantage of JH when she is down and drinking. On the contrary he stops her from drinking too much. First he took the bottle of liquor away, and had her drink coffee. Secondly, at some point he took her glass of wine away. On that shot we see his glass still full. Regardless of how many glasses he'd had before, it seems clear that he drank much less than her, and we saw him drive earlier, so it is safe to assume that he remained sober (maybe to take her safely home later). Oh, and the way he looks at her when she has her head in her hands!

:wub:

Note also the conversation? The way he speaks to her is different from the way he speaks with any other people. He seems more relax. He doesn't act superior with her (he does in any other scenes, even with Director Kwon. Whenever he's around other high ranked male figures it reminds me of roosters in a barn ready to fight). In that regard, I feel as if he's showing her a respect he doesn't show others, not even HI (where it is again a dominant/dominé relationship). He more or less gives her advice...

As for what he has to gain by flirting, playing her? I don't think he's in it fishing for information. He has HI and so many other people infiltrating, apparently with ease, any department, offices, etc... JH is a field agent, but it's not as if she has the highest level of clearance. I think she's different from others, she doesn't appear to be scared of him and she doesn't act naive either. Maybe he's intrigued? Takes it as a little distraction?

Aaaaahhh, the bed scene. I'm joking here, but maybe the writers and director made it so short to spare us a heart attack? Ah ah! :D I liked the contrast of personality between SH/JH, and their interaction makes me hope, really hope, that there could be some redemption for SH, that whatever is left of him (his humanity) "could be saved." JH stands her ground with him (maybe it is what he finds appealing?). She can go head to head with him one day, and be totally feminine and hit on him the next. She owns her actions, maybe even what she feels in the moment, and so does he (he is so unapologetic).

My heart totally melted when she held his arm. I found the close up on their hands so symbolic: his is the hand of a killer. You see the roughness and the veins. It reminded me of the first episode when he kills his target. JH's is smaller, appears in the scene more delicate. She holds his hand and, though the camera stays only briefly on it, she actually caresses it. That's when SH takes control and prevent her from touching or holding him any further (were his inner walls starting to crackle a bit?)

Anyway, just my two cents. These two greatly save the show in my opinion. Love them! :D

I love your analysis, and yeah, the spy part of the story is just irrelevant to me now lol. It's mainly about the relationship between JH and SH that's keeping my interest. But I was really glad that the doctor was killed, but now there's this extra crap about piecing together the clues with JW.. I just shake my head. I feel though that the story is going to get better, because it seemed like it was slowly building up the plot.

Guest Kristtina

hi,does anyone know where to find the songs that are playing in the drama?not the official songs of the drama,like i watched episode 7 and during 58:07 there was this song i really wanted to know the artist and the name of the song.are there any songlists of songs that appear during the drama????

Guest bashful

@lilyphenix: Actually about the tattoo,

I read somewhere on the internet that it is actually a real tattoo which CSW has. Supposedly, "Rachel" is the name of his daughter in real life. No idea how true this is! Apparently he had already sported this same tattoo back in 2008, when he starred in "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth". If it is CSW's personal tattoo, they could have used some concealer to hide it. I don't see why they would show the tattoo if it's the name of his daughter. This tattoo thing has left me

:blink:, especially when they zoomed in on it. Maybe later on we'll discover the significance of the tattoo? Or maybe the tattoo merely serves to further emphasise SH's badass character? Though having a tattoo doesn't necessarily prove someone is badass. Haha.

It's actually a real tattoo cause I saw pics of it back in 2008. But it looks so hot on him

Guest MagdaNegreira

Who knows what version of episode 8 goes along with WithS2 subs?

There's no HANrel 720p version (which I want) on the 1st page.

Can anyone help me?

I downloaded the 720p TNT version (MKV) and it works fine with WithS2 subs.

Guest naddification

Hello lovelies! Found some news via http://twitter.com/athena_kor: "You can watch rebroadcasting with live streaming of SBS official web on Saturday 12 PM."

Episode 9 is currently reairing now. I'm not too sure but episode 10 MIGHT be aired consecutively after this. Maybe this will be the unedited version of episode 10? I hope so!

You can watch it here: http://gorealra.sbs.co.kr/g3/silverlight/Gorealra3Scrap.jsp?pChannelID=TV01

If it doesn't work, you can try here: http://wwitv.com/tv_channels/8000.htm

*EDIT*

Yeah, it's edited alright <_< They actually CUT the scenes shorter. HUH. WHAT. LOL. *smacks forehead*

Well when they post episode 9 and 10 up subbed most likely it will be that episode which shows it unedited. If I don't see a difference I will pm you the link when they post it.

Thank you so much! Really anticipated it ^^

But if they are working on the subs already for the 9-10 , If the unedited scene are featured pn the paid channel, I don't think they will sub the new version of episode 9-10?

naddification : I can't watch on both links :( The sbs website says I need some silverlight plug-in? What is that anyway. Anyway , if you are watching , do let us know if there are differences between the eps airing on free channels and the ones on paid channel? Thank you ^^ :)

Guest bashful

Thank you so much! Really anticipated it ^^

But if they are working on the subs already for the 9-10 , If the unedited scene are featured pn the paid channel, I don't think they will sub the new version of episode 9-10?

naddification : I can't watch on both links :( The sbs website says I need some silverlight plug-in? What is that anyway. Anyway , if you are watching , do let us know if there are differences between the eps airing on free channels and the ones on paid channel? Thank you ^^ :)

don't bother, the scenes are cut even shorter and there are barely any difference fury.gif

Guest naddification

don't bother, the scenes are cut even shorter and there are barely any difference fury.gif

Yup! They CUT the scenes, leaving almost nothing at all <_< I am rendered speechless.

But wait, is this actually the correct rerun of episode 10 they're talking about? Or is there another rerun, perhaps on the paid channel. I, is, confused, very.

For the people who have watched IRIS, IRIS the movie and are now watching Athena, I have a question.

How come that North Korean guy (the one that was shot down by Kim So Yeon/Sunhwa in the movie) is alive in Athena?

I thought Athena was happening after IRIS?

If it's during IRIS, how come he's in that position now? I doubt that well trained North Korean agents like Kim So Yeon can't kill someone from 10 meters infront of them.

Can anyone explain it to me?

Guest paichow007

iris the movie i think is just another version than the drama

how can u make 20 ep drama into one movie..that's why it is different

if i'm not mistaken they say iris drama and movie is slightly different 

so just take that iris movie is doesn't have any relation with drama and athena

But wait, is this actually the correct rerun of episode 10 they're talking about? Or is there another rerun, perhaps on the paid channel. I, is, confused, very.

@Naddification: Yes, the rerun mentioned in the article is supposedly the one broadcast on the cable channel (paid channel), but I wasn't able to find out the schedule. :(

For the people who have watched IRIS, IRIS the movie and are now watching Athena, I have a question.

How come that North Korean guy (the one that was shot down by Kim So Yeon/Sunhwa in the movie) is alive in Athena?

I thought Athena was happening after IRIS?

If it's during IRIS, how come he's in that position now? I doubt that well trained North Korean agents like Kim So Yeon can't kill someone from 10 meters infront of them.

Can anyone explain it to me?

i'm trying to figure that out too. based on the movie, the head NK guy (not Park, but the guy who is part of IRIS) gave instructins to SunHwa at the beginning of the series. After watching the movie though, I think the instructions were to kill LBH's character, deceive Park and indirectly she is part of IRIS. Throughout the series, she followed instrcutions of Park demonstrating loyalty to him, but i think now that she was really executing the NK general's agenda. She was the one that killed LBH at the end. I know she shot Park, but I'm assuming that he survived, or that she shot him intentionally not to kill him (training soldier also know how to shot at body areas that won't kill anyones). Sunhwa is a recurring charcter in Athena (I saw captions). She has longer hair and has a family. I'm so curious.

Archived